Create Account

ANA / VAN GMs

07-29-2019, 01:08 PMSecondSucks22 Wrote: it's not a slight to MCP on his time with the forum but a dissapoimtment they didn't consider anyone that was really from within the org

this is what i think most people are trying to get at from the Whalers org. Its not to diss MCP because i personally believe he will do a great job.

But with the way our team has been built and how weve been growing together a s ateam, someone thats been around the team longer and put in so much time and effort into improving the team would have gotten appointed. Not sure you guys see the work Aaron does around the discord but the amount of test sims and analytics he has used to improve our team was wonders. He puts a lot of effort and has a bunch of care for the team.

Thats all people were trying to say. Seems as though people who have been through the whole teams system should have gotten more consideration. Nothing against who got appointed

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature
(This post was last modified: 07-29-2019, 01:39 PM by grok.)

07-29-2019, 01:00 PMaaronwilson Wrote: I don't have anything against MCP personally but it's frustrating to be brushed aside after you spent countless hours learning what works in sths, telling rookies how to build, getting free agents, etc.

@grok were my, @dmills3 and @SecondSucks22 applications so bad that we didn't even get a reply? jfc and mcp are the only ones who did afaik.

I won't comment publicly on anyone else's applications for their privacy, unless they ask. I am also happy to have private conversations about the application process.

Your application was close for us and we discussed you heavily when choosing our second round, but opted to reach out to a different set of applicants

07-29-2019, 12:47 PMJNH Wrote:
07-29-2019, 12:46 PMgrok Wrote: If that's how it used to be, it was long before my time. I'd actually appreciate if anyone had the history on this.

Yeah it was.  Then it got filtered out to where the GM needed HO approval on the hire, to the GM being heavily consulted on the hire, to the GM being able to give an opinion, to the HO just making the decision on external apps.

Judging by the suggestions and concerns here, it may be time to start reversing that trend.

07-29-2019, 12:04 PMSpartanGibbles Wrote: Glad to be officially heading the Outlaws

Outlaws Outlaws Outlaws

100% deserved, you'll do great!

These are both great hires, good luck to both!

I do hope the people in Vancouver who didn't get the position stick around to help in management.  When I got traded there I was VERY impressed with the management team and I would hate to see that fall off.

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

07-29-2019, 12:22 PMjcfbey01 Wrote:
07-29-2019, 12:09 PM39alaska39 Wrote: Tbh, when I heard about who the other option for the Vancouver job was (the other person being debated), MCP is a no brainer. Congrats man, good luck!

Dodgy

They probably wanted a GM who would last more than 25 minutes.

[Image: FJPVyys.png]

07-29-2019, 12:50 PMTnlAstatine Wrote:
07-29-2019, 12:11 PMFuzzSHL Wrote: People ripping on MCP for being in VAN only 3 weeks before getting the GM spot........where was the hate when I got the MTL spot? Give the man a chance at this before ripping him..........sheesh. Way to welcome your new GM amiright

fuck you fuzz for taking the mtl gm spot shitty outsider 

how'd i do?

There we go, that’s more like it

[Image: lap-teamsig.png]
Aleksi Kettu
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]

07-29-2019, 02:00 PMwumaduce Wrote:
07-29-2019, 12:22 PMjcfbey01 Wrote: Dodgy

They probably wanted a GM who would last more than 25 minutes.

Why would my performance in bed matter for a GM position?

[Image: 55708_s.gif]

First Ever SHL Goal:
Code:
5. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 1 (Piotr Czerkawski 1, Cameron Dubois 2) at 16:27

First Ever Hat Trick:
Code:
S45 Game 46 NEW vs TOR
6. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 1 (Artemi Berezin 3, Tigole Bitties 5) at 5:21
9. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 2 (Artemi Berezin 4) at 18:58
10. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 3 (Tigole Bitties 7, Manuel Gotze 2) at 19:38 (Empty Net)

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

07-29-2019, 01:53 PMslothfacekilla Wrote: These are both great hires, good luck to both!

I do hope the people in Vancouver who didn't get the position stick around to help in management.  When I got traded there I was VERY impressed with the management team and I would hate to see that fall off.

This. Afaik they are all in consideration for Co. I also hope they stick around to help him out. VAN has had excellent management for a long time, and I honestly hope the old management wants to stick by MCP and keep what they’ve had going. I understand the disappointment but imagine what it would mean to alumni, current players, and future players if they stuck together and showed confidence in MCP

[Image: lap-teamsig.png]
Aleksi Kettu
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]

(This post was last modified: 07-29-2019, 02:11 PM by JNH.)

07-29-2019, 01:40 PMgrok Wrote:
07-29-2019, 12:47 PMJNH Wrote: Yeah it was.  Then it got filtered out to where the GM needed HO approval on the hire, to the GM being heavily consulted on the hire, to the GM being able to give an opinion, to the HO just making the decision on external apps.

Judging by the suggestions and concerns here, it may be time to start reversing that trend.

Yeah a start would be a good idea. I don't think you necessarily need a full reversal because it did lead to the hiring process not really being a meritocracy always. But I do think that the outgoing GM's should have more of a say in the process because they're the ones who have worked intimately with the roster for the last X seasons so they'll (usually) have a good grasp of which members should both do the best and be received the best in the position.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

07-29-2019, 02:08 PMJNH Wrote:
07-29-2019, 01:40 PMgrok Wrote: Judging by the suggestions and concerns here, it may be time to start reversing that trend.

Yeah I think a start would be a good idea.  I don't think you necessarily need a full reversal because it did lead to the hiring process not really being a meritocracy always.  But I do think that the outgoing GM's should have more of a say in the process because they're the ones who have worked intimately with the roster for the last X seasons so they'll (usually) have a good grasp of which members should both do the best and be received the best in the position.
I think there is an appropriate balance to be struck between considering the viewpoints of the outgoing GM and still reviewing the best applications from everyone in general.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]
ShlBattlebornUkShlBattlebornUkShlBattlebornUk
Player Page || Update Page

07-29-2019, 02:03 PMjcfbey01 Wrote:
07-29-2019, 02:00 PMwumaduce Wrote: They probably wanted a GM who would last more than 25 minutes.

Why would my performance in bed matter for a GM position?

They said 25 minutes, not 25 seconds, slow your roll

[Image: xVW1vec.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png] |  | [Image: JvdaXOj.png]
[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

boo these men

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

07-29-2019, 02:05 PMFuzzSHL Wrote:
07-29-2019, 01:53 PMslothfacekilla Wrote: These are both great hires, good luck to both!

This. Afaik they are all in consideration for Co. I also hope they stick around to help him out. VAN has had excellent management for a long time, and I honestly hope the old management wants to stick by MCP and keep what they’ve had going. I understand the disappointment but imagine what it would mean to alumni, current players, and future players if they stuck together and showed confidence in MCP

I forgot to say you stink for getting Montreal so here you go  Heart

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

07-29-2019, 02:21 PMSecondSucks22 Wrote:
07-29-2019, 02:03 PMjcfbey01 Wrote: Why would my performance in bed matter for a GM position?

They said 25 minutes, not 25 seconds, slow your roll
2008 called, they want their insult back

[Image: Carbine.gif]
Sig Credit: Suavemente, rum_ham, Turd Ferguson

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

[Image: 711381262207811636.png]