Create Account

S49 Halifax Raiders Interested Prospect Thread

1. Your player’s name, position and Discord ID (this can be important for later questions)
Bobby Lane - Wing - Rich#4769

2. What kind of a player you want to build (sniper, playmaker, a goon)
Sniper, planning for a more offensive forward this time around.

3. SHL has several ways of earning money, which is important for your player’s development. There are articles and podcasts, graphics and of course jobs within the league. What is your prefered way of earning money?
I am currently a banker and I do a semi-regular podcast with adamantium

4. What do you expect from the team that drafts you? Do you care about the success in the development league or do you just want to be a part of a good locker room?
All I expect is a locker room full of friendly people. I have always been of the philosophy that a good locker room means active players, and active players lead to success.

5. How active you expect to be? Scale 1-10, 1 being inactive, 10 being „I don’t actually sleep, just sit behind my PC doing SHL tasks“
7-8 I guess. I'm usually pretty quiet, but I plan to gather all the TPE I can, except for pbps.

6. How open are you to feedback from our side on your build?
Always open to suggestions, but I feel like I have a good idea of how to build.

7. Finally...are cereal a soup? (I am actually interested, this is not a random question, I truly care)
No.

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!

1. Your player’s name, position and Discord ID (this can be important for later questions)   Gylfi Eriksson - LW    Pazuzu#4086  

2. What kind of a player you want to build (sniper, playmaker, a goon)   Looking to primarily be a playmaker

3. SHL has several ways of earning money, which is important for your player’s development. There are articles and podcasts, graphics and of course jobs within the league. What is your prefered way of earning money?   I cant do graphics for anything so most likely a couple articles or so. Probably not a job due to other sim league commitments 

4. What do you expect from the team that drafts you? Do you care about the success in the development league or do you just want to be a part of a good locker room?   I love being a part of an awesome locker room and meeting some new people.

5. How active you expect to be? Scale 1-10, 1 being inactive, 10 being „I don’t actually sleep, just sit behind my PC doing SHL tasks“   Probably 9.

6. How open are you to feedback from our side on your build?   Any feedback would be extremely helpful, I am an SHL newb.

7. Finally...are cereal a soup? (I am actually interested, this is not a random question, I truly care)   Cereal is not a soup because... I said so? Nah probably because I think soup are meant to be eaten hot. 

1. Your player’s name, position and Discord ID (this can be important for later questions)

Ricky Bobby, Left Wing, ImASurvivor#1701

Sniper

3. SHL has several ways of earning money, which is important for your player’s development. There are articles and podcasts, graphics and of course jobs within the league. What is your prefered way of earning money?

Written Articles/Analysis

4. What do you expect from the team that drafts you? Do you care about the success in the development league or do you just want to be a part of a good locker room?

Both, equally.

5. How active you expect to be? Scale 1-10, 1 being inactive, 10 being „I don’t actually sleep, just sit behind my PC doing SHL tasks“

6?

Fairly open, but I have a good idea of where I want to end up.

7. Finally...are cereal a soup? (I am actually interested, this is not a random question, I truly care)

No.

[Image: bobby1.jpg]

[Image: DaNnVpo.png]   [Image: CfsNrQZ.png]   [Image: ZZLBWWZ.png]
Kraken | Switzerland | Jets

Augustus Wang - Defenceman. Discord is Ferda#6108 or you can DM me on Twitter @shl_wang.

2. What kind of a player you want to build (sniper, playmaker, a goon)
A strong 2-way defender who is feared on both sides of the puck.

I will most likely looking into writing more articles for the league.

4. What do you expect from the team that drafts you? Do you care about the success in the development league or do you just want to be a part of a good locker room?
The team that drafts me is in for a real treat as I am a hardworking defenceman who is confident in both the offensive and defensive ends. My main focus is on winning and being the best player that I can be. While this may cause disruption in the locker room, I hope that my teammates share the same mindset and work just as hard, or even harder, than me on our road to winning a chip.

I'd say I am around a 7 or an 8 depending on how busy I am.

Any feedback is valuable to my development as a player and as a person.

7. Finally...are cereal a soup? (I am actually interested, this is not a random question, I truly care)
No... answering this question hurt my soul.

[Image: image.png]
[Image: dankestmemes69420.gif]

[Image: vhY18i8.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: nBgNUTY.png]
Armada        Canada        Stampede
Falcons        Usa

Stacey Jefferson Jr. , Defence, pucksindeep

Offensive DMan - intelligent team player making the right decisions

Just started on here and haven't had a chance to look into it yet.

Really want my player to develop more than anything so he can get drafted to the show - looking for ice time - always love hanging with the boys in the locker room as well

3.5-4

open

Are you fucked? Hard no. SOUP: a liquid dish, typically made by boiling meat, fish, or vegetables, etc., in stock or water.

Stacy Jefferson Jr. - Defence #29 

Shiqa Vitalievich - Goalie - Nylar#1217
A wall that lets nothing past him.
Through a job.
4. What do you expect from the team that drafts you? Do you care about the success in the development league or do you just want to be a part of a good locker room?
While success plays some part, I prefer to have a locker room that will help me develop my player and grow accustomed to the league.
Completely open! I don't know a lot so if there's anything you think I can do to improve, please tell me!
7. Finally...are cereal a soup? (I am actually interested, this is not a random question, I truly care)
No because it uses milk instead of broth making it cereal instead of soup.

Colton Strudwick - Center 
Shekels #0845

Playmaker

Not sure yet, likely articles and in league jobs.

A good locker room is important but I do want to achieve a high level of success as well.

Probably a 7. I usually have plenty of spare time during week days

I would certainly appreciate tips and feedback.

No. But the more I try to justify that answer the more I doubt myself.

Scarecrows Colton Strudwick - Center - St. Louis Scarecrows Scarecrows

1. Your player’s name, position and Discord ID (this can be important for later questions) Kalevolaripaavo Käspertommevisnapuu, RW, AlwaysGettingHaxed#0141

2. What kind of a player you want to build (sniper, playmaker, a goon) Two-Way Sniper

3. SHL has several ways of earning money, which is important for your player’s development. There are articles and podcasts, graphics and of course jobs within the league. What is your prefered way of earning money? Media, primarily articles. Don’t have the time to take on a job.

4. What do you expect from the team that drafts you? Do you care about the success in the development league or do you just want to be a part of a good locker room? Not sure, really want a team with as little drama as possible. One that will let my player develop as I feel I think would be successful in the SHL.

5. How active you expect to be? Scale 1-10, 1 being inactive, 10 being „I don’t actually sleep, just sit behind my PC doing SHL tasks“ 7

6. How open are you to feedback from our side on your build? Fairly open, but this is a recreate. First player was Zallerras “Big Z” Szlerchek.

7. Finally...are cereal a soup? (I am actually interested, this is not a random question, I truly care) Not to me, but I am not a professional in the food classification system.

[Image: BUzKbLn.png]

[Image: 5p7vOwY.png]  |  [Image: NA3IV5m.png]

- Partario Scarangella, RW, Partario #6527

- Quick two-way forward. Hard in on the forecheck to create turnovers. Undersized but a bit of a pest. 

- Likely articles, but maybe a job as well? I don't really know much about the jobs side of things yet. 

- A good locker room is the key to success. If you have a core group that are on the same page, I'm sure success will follow. 

- 8?

- Open, but I am a bit stubborn. 

- Right... so although both of these things are solids with liquid in a bowl there is are a couple differences that distinguish one from the other. First, temperature. Cereal is cold, soup is hot. Also, solids content. Cereal is grain based, where as soup can be anything... beans, fish, etc. Now based on this information where does Oatmeal fall? I feel that that is the true question.

Partario Scarangella - RW - Kelowna Knights - Workout Schedule
[Image: HtBTZ76.jpg] Partario #6527

Daniel Kuster, Defender. kuschy#4107

Offensiv Defender with a Defensive Heart

Contracts

I want to be with good Teammates, that cares for eachother and also can force good results and can develope myselfe

Open

No

[Image: sBbbJmN.png]
Thank you @ToeDragon84
[Image: 431fb2-1569327124.png]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(This post was last modified: 07-31-2019, 10:16 AM by puolivalmiste.)

Björn Leppänen, Defence, don't have access to my discord from phone, so might change later.

Goonish but defencively capable

Most likely articles but bit doubtfull if I will invest in this so much, time will will tell

4. What do you expect from the team that drafts you? Do you care about the success in the development league or do you just want to be a part of a good locker room?

To me this is a game first so having my own part in success is my first priority.

Without prior experience I would quess anywhere from 1 to 6.

Very open, I don't have set vision that i'm aiming for just trying to help my team.

I'm pretty sure people could make argument for them being soup, that said, those people are wrong.

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

(This post was last modified: 07-31-2019, 11:46 AM by patodro.)

Capp Hatter - RW - patodro#6707
I'm a versatile playmaker capable of wearing many hats
3. SHL has several ways of earning money, which is important for your player’s development. There are articles and podcasts, graphics and of course jobs within the league. What is your preferred way of earning money?
I'm open to throwing my hat in the ring where it's needed most
I expect the team that drafts me to foster my development and growth as a player. Also a free hat.
Hard 5
100% open. As I always say: "Ain't no snapback like some good feedback"
Hmm. Had to put my thinking cap on for this one. Fuck yes it is. 

1. Your player’s name, position and Discord ID (this can be important for later questions):
Ben Collins - C, kingmisanthropy

playmaker

I'd be interested in doing articles

Winning at every level is important

4?

Always open to feedback, may not act on it lol

hard no

1. Your player’s name, position and Discord ID (this can be important for later questions)   Ivan Maximus - Center - ThiefOfCheese#0881

2. What kind of a player you want to build (sniper, playmaker, a goon)   -   Playmaking center.   Big on puck control and setups - and the ever so sweet goal from time to time

3. SHL has several ways of earning money, which is important for your player’s development. There are articles and podcasts, graphics and of course jobs within the league. What is your prefered way of earning money?  Great question.  Initially I'd probably say articles and being active on the forums, but the jobs could be cool.   I'd have to figure out the league a bit more first to see what that actually means b/c as of now I don't really know what goes into those jobs.

4. What do you expect from the team that drafts you? Do you care about the success in the development league or do you just want to be a part of a good locker room?   Initially I want to say player development, but honestly not sure how the locker room vibe translates here.   Everyone I've talked to so far has been great so maybe locker room will get higher in my book.

5. How active you expect to be? Scale 1-10, 1 being inactive, 10 being „I don’t actually sleep, just sit behind my PC doing SHL tasks“   I'm guessing 7 as of now.   I've known about this site for about 28 hours and have probably already spent 10 on here and discord trying to figure things out

6. How open are you to feedback from our side on your build?   Extremely.   I don't know what I don't know so please give me any feedback you have.   Seriously - whatcha think?

7. Finally...are cereal a soup? (I am actually interested, this is not a random question, I truly care)   There is no way cereal is a soup!   Simply adding liquid doesn't make something a soup - though it could be "soupy" (an adjective not a noun).  You gonna tell me that a hotdog is a sandwich?  Come on!   

[Image: thiefofcheese.gif]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] 

Sig credit: Ragnar, Carpy48, High Stick King

Henrik Lekberg Osterman - Left Wing - [CGY]Henrik#4390

Two-way forward with excellent passing. 

I enjoy writing so I'll probably try my hand at that. May try and get a league job at some point as well. 

I expect to be given a chance to contribute and prove myself. Success isnt as important as a good locker room for me. Ofcourse I would like both but if you put a gun to my head and ask me to choose I will pick the locker room over success.

Hmm.. Not sure. This is my first player so I'm not overly sure how much time I will be spending. I'm going to be conservative and say I'll probably spend about an hour a day since I have alot of downtime between classes.

I'm 100% open to suggestions and feedback from the team that drafts me.

I eat my cereal with yoghurt so I would say its more of a stew.