Create Account

S49 Anaheim Outlaws Interested Prospects

Hi, I'm SpartanGibbles the Head GM of the Anaheim Outlaws. We are a relatively new team that started in S45 after the last reddit draft. In that short time we have built a strong foundation of success capturing our first championship in S47 and just falling short in the last season in Game 7 of the finals.  We have an active locker room and can't wait to meet all the new and returning faces in this years draft class. 

Onto the questions so we can get to know you better. 

1. What is your player's name and position if not linked in your sig and what do you see as your role on your new team? 

2. The majority of our team communicates in our discord locker room. Knowing this, do you use discord?  Feel free to drop me you discord tag here, in a pm or find me in the general SHL discord as well. If you do not use discord, are you open to it?

3A. If you are a recreate, what are you looking to accomplish in the J and how long do you want to stay down? 

3B. If you are a brand new user, what is one thing you like and dislike about the league so far? 

4. How active do you think you will be 1-10?

5. Do you have any experience with sim leagues before?

6. What are your hobbies outside of the SHL? 

7. If you could eat dinner with 2 people from any point in history, who would it be and what would you eat? 

8. What are you looking to find in a SMJHL team? 

9. Post your favorite meme or joke

10. Anything else you want to tell us?

I look forward to hearing from and interacting with you all. If you have any questions for me, shoot me a PM on here or contact me on discord at SpartanGibbles#8274. Even if you don't end up in Anaheim I am more than happy to lend a hand and help people out so feel free to reach out. I hope to see many of you at the draft.

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: EbSl82f.png]  Outlaws Usa  Chiefs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]
Quote:S47 Four-Star Cup GWG: 5. Anaheim Outlaws , Collin Gibbles 5 (Martijn Westbroek 14, Osbert Whacker 12) at 12:45

1. What is your player's name and position if not linked in your sig and what do you see as your role on your new team?
Mitchell Maverick - Goalie

2. The majority of our team communicates in our discord locker room. Knowing this, do you use discord?  Feel free to drop me you discord tag here, in a pm or find me in the general SHL discord as well. If you do not use discord, are you open to it?
Yup! Tag is to the left

3A. If you are a recreate, what are you looking to accomplish in the J and how long do you want to stay down?
Probably staying down for awhile due to SHL Goalie spots

4-9. It will come and go.

Yup. Been here before

Gaming, house projects, coaching, etc.

7. If you could eat dinner with 2 people from any point in history, who would it be and what would you eat?
Al Davis and Bill Walsh. Would love to see this. Probably Sushi.

Good teammates

The fact the SHL Jets are still the Winnipeg Jets after all these years. Still weird having a real team exist again after the SHL franchise was created

Nope!

[Image: NGr0pfh.png]

1. What is your player's name and position if not linked in your sig and what do you see as your role on your new team?
Ryan Shepard, Center. I would like to play the supporting defensive center who will win draws when needed and who can create turnovers for some quick transition goals.

2. The majority of our team communicates in our discord locker room. Knowing this, do you use discord?  Feel free to drop me you discord tag here, in a pm or find me in the general SHL discord as well. If you do not use discord, are you open to it?
Yes, I'm fine with joining a team discord upon being drafted. 

3B. If you are a brand new user, what is one thing you like and dislike about the league so far?
I just joined today but I like how people are rewarded for contributions. I dislike that stats are only updated once a week but I  

No

Gaming, Softball, Fantasy Hockey 

Julius Caesar and Abraham Lincoln for beer and wings.

Ideally a team that has a suitable roster spot for me. I know I won't be a 1C out of the gate but if I could be a 3C and work up to 2C over a season that would be awesome. I'm new to this so I'm not sure if that's a realistic goal.

What is a pirate's favourite letter? Not R, it be the C.

To be completely honest I'll be applying to most/all teams to get my name out there and see who thinks I would be a good fit for them. 

[Image: jrousseau.gif]
[Image: QhAQn2i.png] [Image: yIvjn4j.png]
Canada syndicate Canada syndicate Canada

1. What is your player's name and position if not linked in your sig and what do you see as your role on your new team?
Nikitnory McCrosbov, my role will be putting the puck in the net.

2. The majority of our team communicates in our discord locker room. Knowing this, do you use discord?  Feel free to drop me you discord tag here, in a pm or find me in the general SHL discord as well. If you do not use discord, are you open to it?
Yes, I use discord. Paintball6786#2709

I like how it's similar to EA NHL's be a pro mode where you have your own player and can make them into whatever you want, but I especially like that it's with multiple people and it's free. What I dislike so far is not being used to sim leagues but I think it will be enjoyable once I get used to it.

No

Video games, following the NHL.

Wayne Gretzky and Connor McDavid, spaghetti.

A locker room and management that I can be friends with.

...Unless?

No

Johnny Patey - A center that likes to score

2. The majority of our team communicates in our discord locker room. Knowing this, do you use discord?  Feel free to drop me you discord tag here, in a pm or find me in the general SHL discord as well. If you do not use discord, are you open to it?Yes I use discord, Patey#4267. 

Not a big fan of how the website works but I will learn and I like how friendly everyone is on the rookie discord.

Never

Flag football, soccer and video games.

I would eat whatever they want even though I am one of the pickiest eaters in the world and Steve Yzerman and Nicklas Lidstrom since they were my idols as a kid.

This is your captain speaking, AND THIS IS YOUR CAPTAIN SHOUTING.

Not at the moment

Marcus Ohlsson, LW, Top 6 forward

2. The majority of our team communicates in our discord locker room. Knowing this, do you use discord? Feel free to drop me you discord tag here, in a pm or find me in the general SHL discord as well. If you do not use discord, are you open to it?
I use discord for sure! CleverPin#2928

I haven't really had enough time to determine it all tbh

8/9

Nope

Sports and video games

Hitler and Mussolini. I have them over at my house. I poison the food. History solved.

An active team that loves talking as much as I do.

The whole Area 51 thing

Nope!

[Image: ws92zPV.png]
FIRST SHIFT, FIRST GAME, FIRST SHOT, FIRST GOAL
[Image: first-goal.png]

Joseph Weston, LW. I'm seeing myself as a sniper, in the right place at the right time.

I do, my Discord is DeathToHeretics#7196

N/A

I like how well developed the system to expand stats is, but I am apprehensive about how steep the learning curve is at first.

Definitely a 7+, based on schoolwork and other obligations. I can be available in the evenings and at night, but am willing to work around other schedules.

I do not.

I read, listen to music, play video games like League and Civ V, as well as play Underwater Hockey.

Julius Caesar and Lincoln, and frankly I could go with a good seafood dinner.

I'm looking for experienced mentors and teachers to give me tips and advice on how to best develop my player. I want to improve and develop to be the best player I can be.

Three guys walk into a bar, fourth one ducks.

Just wanna say that I'd prefer this California team to the Kings or Ducks.

[Image: 59269_s.png]
Thanks to OrbitingDeath, Esa, Mook, Carpy48, Wasty, and Reynolds for the sigs!

[Image: DaNnVpo.png] || [Image: CfsNrQZ.png] || [Image: ZZLBWWZ.png]
Kraken | Usa | Dragons

1. What is your player's name and position if not linked in your sig and what do you see as your role on your new team? Ian Venables, Goalie

Definitely into it. Toirekari#4915

3B. If you are a brand new user, what is one thing you like and dislike about the league so far? I really like how committed everyone around here is, I love it!

4. How active do you think you will be 1-10? 6-8, I expect to log on every day but I won't be spending 24/7 on here.

5. Do you have any experience with sim leagues before? No, but I'm excited to get some!

6. What are your hobbies outside of the SHL? I'm a longtime DM for a group of dedicated tabletop gamers, and I'm a pretty serious trombone player.

7. If you could eat dinner with 2 people from any point in history, who would it be and what would you eat? Douglas Adams and Bardiya of Persia. We would eat meatballs, sushi, and chicken fingers.

8. What are you looking to find in a SMJHL team? I'm looking to win a couple junior championships before making the leap to the SHL, so let's build a contender. Of course, I strongly believe that a team that can't get along off-ice won't be able to make it through a long post-season so I think team chemistry is also very important.

9. Post your favorite meme or joke I know a really good one about an infinite number of mathematicians in a bar, but it's kinda long so I'll share it after the draft

10. Anything else you want to tell us? Nope!

[Image: EsVSFns.png][Image: uzmDXiJ.png]
Sigs by @Carpy48 and @tweedledunn

Niklas Fuhrberg, Wing teamplayer
2. The majority of our team communicates in our discord locker room. Knowing this, do you use discord? Feel free to drop me you discord tag here, in a pm or find me in the general SHL discord as well. If you do not use discord, are you open to it?
i have discord ,Confusion#5423
winning a few more cups 2-3 seasons as long as my shl team don't need me

-4. How active do you think you will be 1-10?
8-10

only have been active here
playing video games,walking with my doggo, meeting with my friends

steven hawking, freddy murcury if these counts
a kind and friendly locker

i'm not a lot in these sorry

[Image: Sr4Rvg.gif]
[Image: Fuhrberg_copy.png]

#TeamFuhrby
#knightsknation

Vorian Atreides, I will be a #1 center eventually

Using discord, username OrbitingDeath

Not gonna lie, my main focus will be the SHL

n/a

8-9

Yes

Watching sports, playing with the kids, movies, series etc, not much time though with work, wife and kids Wink

Patrick Roy and Joe Sakic - i dont even care what we're eating then, these guys are legends Smile

Fun

No

Nope

[Image: XPJ1OEX.png]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35) (S36-47 SHL)

Nathaniel Voltguin, RW. Hard-working scoring forward.

2. The majority of our team communicates in our discord locker room. Knowing this, do you use discord?  Feel free to drop me you discord tag here, in a pm or find me in the general SHL discord as well. If you do not use discord, are you open to it?
Don't use it too much currently but 

Still getting used to the website, but excited to learn more.

I keep saying 5-7? on all of these intro threads.

No
Gaming, saltwater/reef aquarium, electronics, working on my house

Jesus - think about how cool it would be to have "proof" if he existed or not. Steve Jobs - a fascinating, brilliant, broken man

A winning culture, a good time, and building relationships

I am groot.

I'm a Penguins fan and I'm still broken over Phil leaving.

Justin Roy RW

I use discord. ID is BuneJug#7058

3A. If you are a recreate, what are you looking to accomplish in the J and how long do you want to stay down? N/A

The community seems great so far. Navigation of the website has been a little overwhelming but I'm getting the hang of it

6-7

No

I enjoy playing all kinds of video games. I'm also recently married so I spend a lot of my time trying to make my wife happy. 

Tom Brady and Cam Neely. I'd enjoy a big surf and turf dinner

I want to find a good group of players that wants to have fun and win

Nothing else I can think so but I'm open to questions 

Rob Blake, goaltender. Hoping to develop into a starting goalie.

I'm active on discord daily.

I'm really liking the community so far but the process of improving your character is quite difficult.

Only BAP in NHL. I've played a ton of GM simulators though with over 800 hours in EHM.

Video games and reading, mostly.

Seth Rogen and Jonah Hill seems like a good time.

Someone who is looking to take a chance on a new player and help me develop into the best goalie  Laughing

[Image: loui-eriksson-derp.png&key=6d8e1e5f1e4e3...6236a01c76]

Won't be as active come September, but should be on daily. Will do training weekly with no worries.

[Image: ebpOQb9.png]
Discord: jakeepoo#9727

Phineas Gold - LW - I want to build a character that likes to use fancy moves and puck control to score from inside the zone

Yes, z0rem#4478

I like the organization of it all.  I'm interested to see how a team helps a person develop their player.  I am also just looking to have a good time with people talking about hockey. I got into hockey later in my life and this feels like genuine fun!

None

Board and video gaming, cooking, baking, watching TV

Genghis Khan, Julius Caesar, Steak

Mentorship, camaraderie, and people who are enthusiastic about every win (and losses)

What is a pirates favorite letter?  (Wait for someone to say R)
Some say ARRRRR but really its the C!

That's the only joke I tell, but I like to laugh!

[Image: 59365_s.gif]
Credit to Green, Carpy48, Goddamndave, and Wasty for the Sig pictures
[Image: DaNnVpo.png]|| [Image: CfsNrQZ.png]

D - Akira Ren; 1st line Dman

Yes

Good individual stats and a championship. 1 season.

n/a

Yes

Long walks on the beach

Mom and Dad, PBJ

A place where I can play simulated hockey.

A man walks into a bar. He says ow.

Nope

[Image: AtmeyAnimatedlonger.gif]
[Image: 1yZYUXK.gif]
Sig Credit: Gorlab