Create Account

Remove enforcers

08-02-2019, 08:17 AMスウェグキング Wrote: TBF any player can be a sniper or playmaker too despite what build they take too

Ya but we don't drop their defense to 25 or something like we do to enforcer's discipline. Enforcers are disadvantaged in a different way than any other archetype imo

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

08-02-2019, 08:19 AMAvakael Wrote: I'd keep the Enforcer build, but for people who are on their second player only. That way they know what they're getting into, and will have a fair shot at competing with it.

This would be a fine compromise

[Image: tomasnz.gif]

Player Page

08-02-2019, 08:21 AMTomasnz Wrote:
08-02-2019, 08:04 AMJSS Wrote: so they know what they were getting into

No... They didn't. That's kinda my point. 

Being told to change something after you've already made something that you wanted to try, then being warned it will be hard, is not the same as then facing the consequence of being excluded. 

If we are trying to make this a welcoming place we should remove such obvious traps in character creation. We have likely lost two potential players because of this.

the SMJHL is a dev league, if the players want to be an enforcers they should be more than welcomed to

don't abolish the archetype just because GMs don't want to bother drafting them

[Image: 3.png]

08-02-2019, 08:25 AMJSS Wrote:
08-02-2019, 08:21 AMTomasnz Wrote: No... They didn't. That's kinda my point. 

Being told to change something after you've already made something that you wanted to try, then being warned it will be hard, is not the same as then facing the consequence of being excluded. 

If we are trying to make this a welcoming place we should remove such obvious traps in character creation. We have likely lost two potential players because of this.

the SMJHL is a dev league, if the players want to be an enforcers they should be more than welcomed to

don't abolish the archetype just because GMs don't want to bother drafting them

I mean. That's kinda a rough ask...

Player Page

@JSS lets flip this around...

What's the reason to keep the archetype. Maybe I am focusing on the negatives. Pitch me/us why it should be in the suite of options.

Player Page

08-02-2019, 08:21 AMGrapehead Wrote:
08-02-2019, 08:17 AMスウェグキング Wrote: TBF any player can be a sniper or playmaker too despite what build they take too

Ya but we don't drop their defense to 25 or something like we do to enforcer's discipline. Enforcers are disadvantaged in a different way than any other archetype imo

But they have their use. Without 25 Discipline you can't beat the current hit record if the settings /sliders stay the same. It's a very niche build. I like Ava's idea of making it only a possible choice if you are a recreate

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)
(This post was last modified: 08-02-2019, 08:35 AM by Samsung virtual assistant.)

08-02-2019, 08:21 AMGrapehead Wrote:

Well i mean, if you want to be a player whos only job is to fuck people up and sit in the box you pick enforcer, thats kinda what its there for. Almost as clear as picking a D-man if you want to play on the defense.

Them not getting drafted is 100% on the GMs, on the archetype

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

08-02-2019, 08:33 AMTomasnz Wrote: @JSS lets flip this around...

What's the reason to keep the archetype. Maybe I am focusing on the negatives. Pitch me/us why it should be in the suite of options.

Because there are people that do want to be an enforcer, look at GCool, look at Carbine who plans on recreating as one, there were a couple players who told pris "I'm here to bodycheck and kill". It's not a popular one but the league is basically telling them "we don't want you on the team because of your build" which is stupid when the SMJHL is for development, not for winning.

[Image: 3.png]

(This post was last modified: 08-02-2019, 08:39 AM by luke.)

08-02-2019, 08:35 AMスウェグキング Wrote:
08-02-2019, 08:21 AMGrapehead Wrote: Ya but we don't drop their defense to 25 or something like we do to enforcer's discipline. Enforcers are disadvantaged in a different way than any other archetype imo

Well i mean, if you want to be a player whos only job is to fuck people up and sit in the box you pick enforcer, thats kinda what its there for. Almost as clear as picking a D-man if you want to play on the defense.

GM's dont want people to do taht. leads to more PIM's leadings to more PK's and then your team has gone to shit and a bottom feeder. People arent having fun when losing. People want to see points on their player at the end of the day. When I was a GM I stayed away from Enforcers because they brought the whole team down and I didnt want to do that to the other players on my team.

edot: 1 on a team is fine, but the problem is when there is more

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Was that the real reason they were not drafted or were the teams with picks left out of capspace? 

I do think that you have some valid concerns though. This site is already pretty damn difficult to manage when you first arrive. Giving rookies an option to create an archtype that nobody is interested in is imo really bad. It should either be restricted for veteran users or have more clear warning signs. Losing new players of this shouldn't be worth keeping it.

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

08-02-2019, 08:33 AMTomen Wrote: But they have their use.

They do?

TBH, first gen PWFs tend to be drafted later as well. (By PWF I mean anyone with high checking)

This is a frustrating topic, but I actually agree with removing the enforcer fwiw.

[Image: horvat3.png]

08-02-2019, 08:38 AMluketd Wrote:
08-02-2019, 08:35 AMスウェグキング Wrote: Well i mean, if you want to be a player whos only job is to fuck people up and sit in the box you pick enforcer, thats kinda what its there for. Almost as clear as picking a D-man if you want to play on the defense.

GM's dont want people to do taht. leads to more PIM's leadings to more PK's and then your team has gone to shit and a bottom feeder. People arent having fun when losing. People want to see points on their player at the end of the day. When I was a GM I stayed away from Enforcers because they brought the whole team down and I didnt want to do that to the other players on my team.

Well i mean, i dont want Brad Marchand to spear people in the balls and lick opponents dirty faces but he still does

(This post was last modified: 08-02-2019, 08:44 AM by Samsung virtual assistant.)

If SMJHL GMs arent drafting new players because theyre too result driven in a development league something is wrong.

08-02-2019, 08:43 AMスウェグキング Wrote:
08-02-2019, 08:38 AMluketd Wrote: GM's dont want people to do taht. leads to more PIM's leadings to more PK's and then your team has gone to shit and a bottom feeder. People arent having fun when losing. People want to see points on their player at the end of the day. When I was a GM I stayed away from Enforcers because they brought the whole team down and I didnt want to do that to the other players on my team.

Well i mean, i dont want Brad Marchand to spear people in the balls and lick opponents dirty faces but he still does

NHL doesnt equal STHS

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Why is discipline being put on a pedal stool? How many players put any TPE into their discipline before they are maxed out in fun stats?

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]