Create Account

Remove enforcers

They are a trap for new players and not useful in our SIM.

If someone wants to be enforcer like they can do it through existing builds anyway. No need to have that archetype be an option. 

Evidence: two active players not being drafted because they were that build. 

We have done those players a disservice  by including it as an option. 

Role playing one would still be super easy from the two way defender or defensive defenseman builds or some of the centre builds too.

[Image: tomasnz.gif]

Player Page

p sure they got warnings from the mentors and smjhl intern soooooooooooo

[Image: 3.png]

08-02-2019, 08:01 AMJSS Wrote: p sure they got warnings from the mentors and smjhl intern soooooooooooo

Soooooo.... We set them up to fail?

Player Page

08-02-2019, 08:03 AMTomasnz Wrote:
08-02-2019, 08:01 AMJSS Wrote: p sure they got warnings from the mentors and smjhl intern soooooooooooo

so they know what they were getting into

08-02-2019, 07:55 AMTomasnz Wrote: They are a trap for new players and not useful in our SIM.

If someone wants to be enforcer like they can do it through existing builds anyway. No need to have that archetype be an option. 

Evidence: two active players not being drafted because they were that build. 

We have done those players a disservice  by including it as an option. 

Role playing one would still be super easy from the two way defender or defensive defenseman builds or some of the centre builds too.

I think this post has mostly valid points and I am going to link it directly into HO chat as soon as I’m done replying to get a conversation going on this.

[Image: zdenkoberanek.gif]
Sigs by @enigmatic, @Geekusoid, @sve7en  and @Wasty 
Zach Evans
 | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

I don't see any reason to have the archetype if it is a turn off to GMs. Regardless of whether or not these rookies are getting warnings, why do we have an archetype that people need to be warned about?

[Image: Grapehead.gif]
TY NOKA AND VALOR FOR THESE WORKS OF ART
Player Page | Update Page

Stars Battleborn Czechia

08-02-2019, 08:03 AMTomasnz Wrote:

...with that said, @GCool once made a pretty successful enforcer so it’s hardly setting these people up for failure. It’s just a different path.

[Image: zdenkoberanek.gif]
Sigs by @enigmatic, @Geekusoid, @sve7en  and @Wasty 
Zach Evans
 | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

08-02-2019, 08:04 AMJSS Wrote:
08-02-2019, 08:03 AMTomasnz Wrote: Soooooo.... We set them up to fail?

I get where you're coming from, but when dealing with our first gen players we really shouldn't be hammering "personal responsibility"

Stars Battleborn Czechia

I personally don't like the Enforcer build but it's in my opinion the only way someone could have a shot at breaking the current hit records.
I'd be in favor of removing them if in each player type you could have the option of just switching discipline and fighting so you can possibly break the hit records.

I do agree that the Enforcer build is currently 98% of the time a trap for new players but it also has it's use as @GCool showed us ( Danny Foster is a HoFer don't @ me) just like I think the Power Forward build is a bit of a trap but just a lesser one and one that is actually playable but definitely not optimal.

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

08-02-2019, 08:07 AMGrapehead Wrote:
08-02-2019, 08:04 AMJSS Wrote: so they know what they were getting into

I get where you're coming from, but when dealing with our first gen players we really shouldn't be hammering "personal responsibility"

i'm not trying to blame them & if it's coming off like that, my bad

i just don't think we should change it, because you'll have the few that want to become enforcers so removing it is kinda stupid for those that actually want to be one

I would say that removing the archetype is not the answer as there are plenty of players who have bad builds or wasted TPE in fighting, penalty shot and endurance from the get-go. I believe the solution is holding off on creating players until you have had a chance to talk to Rookie Mentors and GMs so you can make a more informed decision with your player.

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

08-02-2019, 08:10 AMDangles13 Wrote: I would say that removing the archetype is not the answer as there are plenty of players who have bad builds or wasted TPE in fighting, penalty shot and endurance from the get-go. I believe the solution is holding off on creating players until you have had a chance to talk to Rookie Mentors and GMs so you can make a more informed decision with your player.

Just the whole Fighting/Discipline thing is stupid. You can still build an enforcer type player, without disadvantaging yourself like that. Of course, putting all your TPE into Fighting doesn't help your draft stock, but straight up that archetype is seen as a negative regardless, and that doesn't seem like a good thing.

Stars Battleborn Czechia
(This post was last modified: 08-02-2019, 08:17 AM by Samsung virtual assistant.)

TBF any player can be a sniper or playmaker too despite what build they take too

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

(This post was last modified: 08-02-2019, 08:19 AM by Avakael.)

I'd keep the Enforcer build, but for people who are on their second player only. That way they know what they're getting into, and will have a fair shot at competing with it.

[Image: avakaelsig.gif]

(This post was last modified: 08-02-2019, 08:25 AM by Tomasnz.)

08-02-2019, 08:04 AMJSS Wrote:
08-02-2019, 08:03 AMTomasnz Wrote: Soooooo.... We set them up to fail?

No... They didn't. That's kinda my point. 

Being told to change something after you've already made something that you wanted to try, then being warned it will be hard, is not the same as then facing the consequence of being excluded. 

If we are trying to make this a welcoming place we should remove such obvious traps in character creation. We have likely lost two potential players because of this.

Edit:
@JSS sorry not trying to have a go at you. I saw your intermediate comment, I know your not stiring.

Player Page