Create Account

PT 1 - Training Days

Training camp marks your first days on the ice with your new team. But it's not all work and no play. It's the perfect opportunity to get to know your new teammates, and it's the perfect opportunity for the vets to prank the new kids. Did you escape unscathed?

Task

Written option: Recount an amusing story from training camp. Must include 150 words.
Graphics option: Create a graphic version of your team's week long training camp schedule.

Reward
4 TPE for doing the thing. (Just one of the options, not both.)

Only S49 SMJHL Rookies (S50 SHL Rookies) are eligible for this PT.

Do NOT claim TPE for this task until a post has been made in the claim thread.

Deadline
Sunday, August 11, 10:00 AM MDT

[Image: thistidalwave.gif]

ArmadaUkSpecters
Player | Updates

As people might have seen the Colorado Raptors forward Vorian Atreides, has not been training on scoring or passing, or anything offense related, he just has been working on his defensive positioning during the training camp. This might be an unusual route to take for a forward as most only want to score points. But at the Raptors training camp, they had taken their team names a bit too serious.
Coach Anatoli Terrorov had a nice surprise for the players as he brought actual cloned Raptors to train the new members. After they were released in the camp it became a game of who can stay out of the hands of the raptors the longest. Vorian Atreides had fought many battles in the past and knew he could outmanoeuvre them due to finding tactical hiding spots.
He decided to fill his backpack full with food to distract them and held his hands for his eyes so they wouldn’t see him. After five days of standing still, the Raptors were brought back and Vorian came out of training camp unharmed. All because of this intelligent hiding position:

[Image: Deinonychus]

186 words

@StadiumGambler  (for featuring in the article)

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

[Image: kYhaw1Q.png]

[Image: 60354_s.gif  ]
[Image: 1yZYUXK.gif]
Sig Credits: Gorlab and Kylrad

So, this one thing happened when Disisde joined his new team for practice. In his hometown there are not much money involved in the sport, therefore the locker rooms are usually not much more than any regular booth at a clothing store. So when he, as the first player to arrive, got into the huge locker room of the arena where the Lethbridge Lions had their training camp, he took his equipment and marched right into one of the toilets and just closed the door. The other guys heard some weird noises from inside and opened the door only to see Disisde Dayudie fumbling in the dark, sprawled out on the floor trying to put his newly bought equipment on. His english being less than on the basic side he started screaming in his native tounge of japanese "皆さん、来てください、私はまだ変更を終えていません、あなたの番を待ってください。" while gesticulating towards the exit.

The other teammates just backed away slowly, eyes wide open and closed the door, leaving the foreigner in there.

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

You know what is not a great idea the day prior to starting training camp? Having an all night bender with the rest of the rookies. When we all walked in to the dressing room day 1 it was clear that we were visibly hungover and utterly unprepared for the first event of the camp, the boat pull. I guess to try and live up to our name, we were broken into smaller groups and told to pull a boat for what appeared like miles (in reality it was just a few meters but still). I think the vets had a good laugh at how much longer it took the all rookie team to do that pull. When that hell was finally over we were actually able to get on the ice and play some hockey.

Best part of camp so far has been walking in the mini fridge that the rookies are going to leave in “the brig”. We told coach it was so that we could keep our supplements and water cold, but lets be honest that thing is full of beer.
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2019, 01:39 PM by Naosu.)

Shepard showed up to training camp, ready to get into shape and learn the system of his new team. There weren't many veterans around as they were enjoying the offseason. Other than the coach, there was one Hispanic woman watching the rookies practice from behind the bench. The coach told everyone to spend the first two days practicing on whichever skills they preferred, and both days the woman watched everyone intently, as if critiquing each person in her head. When day 3 came along, as Shepard was about to step onto the ice he noticed the woman was there early and laced up. "Alright, rookie" she said in a serious tone. "I see you practicing the same shit everyday that we have listed as your strongest skills on our report. From watching tapes on you, my six year old nephew could find a five hole better. For the next three days you're going to practice hitting the net with me, your team's top scorer this coming season, Raquel Castillo Gutierrez." Shepard, aware of his lack of scoring ability looked at her nervously and gave a "Yes ma'am."

191 words shoutout to @Jiggly_333

[Image: jrousseau.gif]
[Image: j7ebBxQ.png] [Image: FbT2Pb1.png]
Canada Knights Canada Knights Canada
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2019, 11:40 AM by ImASurvivor.)

Going from an English speaking hometown to Montreal where the primary language is French was a huge change for myself and many of the other American prospects that were drafted by the Militia. I did not know what to expect but assumed that hockey is a universal sport and that I would be able to impress despite not being able to communicate fully with the head coach. Each and every day I had been working on my shot in order to convince the coaching staff to give me some powerplay time even though I was heading into my rookie season. When it came time for 3 on 3 scrimmages, I knew I had to light the lamp in order to cement my place in the lineup. Score I did... 3 times in one shift in fact, but once I returned to the bench, the coach was screaming in French and pointing at me. All the SMJHL veterans were trying to withhold their laughter but I couldn't understand a word, so I waved down the translator and when he arrived he let out a little laugh and simply told me that my skates were unlaced and that I had nearly caused 3 injuries out on the ice during that one shift, but hey it worked and I scored so maybe this will be a new ritual.

225 Words

[Image: bobby1.jpg]

[Image: DaNnVpo.png]   [Image: CfsNrQZ.png]   [Image: ZZLBWWZ.png]
Kraken | Switzerland | Jets

What a weird training camp I had with Lethbridge. It wasn’t something I was too amused to do but man was it great. As a Japanese speaking team a lot of us got along quite well. But there’s one story in particular that had me laughing a nice bit. I skated onto the ice and fell down almost instantaneously. Everyone laughed. I got mad went back to the dressing room and used my time traveling device to jump to a new timeline and try again. Once again the same thing happened. This kept going on and on every time I skipped timelines. But I then stopped and noticed, Disisde Dayudie, my teammate achieved steins;gate and noticed that I was skipping timelines only to fail every time. He came to me and joked about how nothing will change and that I would keep falling down. We both laughed, with honor. Weird camp but nonetheless I got a quick laugh from it.

(160 words)

[Image: 336.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2019, 03:13 PM by RaiN.)

It’s Friday afternoon, Andrey Barbashev II just arrived to Kelowna B.C from Austria after a few flight transfers. He is told that his training camp date will begin tomorrow due to his jet lag – GM Falk wanted to make sure he was 100% before throwing his young prospect into the gauntlet of Knights Training Camp. Meanwhile, Falk suggests to Barbashev II to join the team in a team bonding session as the team has planned an activity at a Scream Shack. For those that don’t know a scream shack is essentially a haunted live action tour where you must start at one end of a house or maze and make it to the opposite end without trying to pee yourself.
Later that evening the team bus picked up the team, they made their way to the activity and one by one entered the haunted maze……
Barbashev II who teammates were still getting to learn, decided to not to participate in the way it was suppose to go down, instead…. He opted for a more “fun way”. He climbed up on top of the maze like figure, located a few scare actors and before the actors could make a move on his teammates, he’d yell “GOTCHA” and he completely ruined the purpose of the event Smile

215 Words

[Image: QhAQn2i.png]  [Image: yIvjn4j.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2019, 03:32 PM by Kingslayerlh.)

Excited to start his first day with his new team, Samson eagerly suited up for his first training camp with the Colorado Raptors. He stood with his fellow rookies patiently waiting for instructions from his new head coach, coach Terrorov. Over his years Samson has heard that Russian coaches sometimes use...unorthodox training methods. So he was curious to see if those were just rumors or if they had some truth behind them despite his new coach being from the soviet. This was until Coach Terrorov told each of the rookies to go into the locker room and each carry out a black duffle bag and bring it out onto the ice. Easy enough for each of the players they followed his instructions and carried them out just to lay them in a line beside Coach. This is when he revealed what was in the bags, small but dense figurines of raptors. Before Samson could ask what they were there for Coach Terrorov explained; Every time one of you makes a mistake you will have to avoid being attacked by the raptors. As they begin to run drills this is when Samson understands what attacked by the raptors means. He skates around cones but messes up and knocks one over, and as quick as he did it. He sees one of the figurines fly over to him and hit him right in the shoulder. Staring at the Raptor on the ground Samson is surprised with the slight sting of it. This began Samsons more precise and careful training camp he had ever been a part of.

(265 words)

[Image: yDWryxO.png]

(Player Updates)   (Player Page)

Stepping into the Locker Room the first time was surreal for Mitchell Maverick. Everything was just so much nicer in comparison to Bakersfield where his old team used community locker rooms. Here the logo was on the rug, everyone had stalls and there was so much space. Nervously, Maverick dropped his bag off before he hear a voice from across the room. "Hey Rook, Coach wants to see you." Finally, Mitchell was going to meet the coach after having spoken to the General Manager only the night he got drafted. A quick rap on the door and Maverick enters seeing the coach sitting at the desk, his face partially covered with a hat, "Hey Coach, you wanted to see me?"

"Putain qui êtes-vous?" The man said without looking up.

"Oh shit," Maverick thought. "Does the Coach speak French? We are in Montreal after all. Shit. Shit. Shit. I better I say something." "Bon-Jor?"

"Dieu merci, nous ne vous avons pas rédigé car vous parlez français." The man spoke, a slight smile coming to his face as he looks up.

"Crap, I think he thinks I speak French now. I better come clean... unless... Maybe I can learn French?" With a frozen look on his face it's clear Maverick didn't know what to do. Finally the man starts howling and speaks up, laughter is heard from the hall as Maverick spins around to notice two more men looking into the room, presumably other staff members . "Uh" Maverick stammers.

"You should have seen your face son, that was priceless. Ah sometimes us old guys like to break the ice with the Rookies as well. I just wanted to say welcome to Montreal, or should I say Bienvenue à Montréal" the coach replies. "I'll see you on the ice in 45 minutes, goalies are getting on early today. À plus!"

Maverick, still frozen and trying to comprehend what just happened slowly starts to snap out of it. Without a word, he quickly leaves to start getting ready for the first practice. "What a weird guy," he thinks as he still hears laughter coming from behind him. "So weird"

@Carpy48, @sulovilen, and @Ragnar are signature gods
[Image: MaverickLegend.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png] [Image: zyyvIFD.png]
Dragonite

Training camp is the first time players encounter the large scale operations of an SMJHL team and all the non-hockey related activities to take part in. One of these activities hit very close to home for rookie Lethbridge Lion defenseman Jack Wilson. On the third day of training camp, the team went just outside the arena to a scheduled meet and greet with local fans. Wilson was surprised that he was called out by name among so many more well-known figures by a small boy who couldn't be over the age of ten. The boy's name was Timmy Nolan, and as he spoke with Wilson his voice was clearly full of feeling. Nolan related to Wilson the story of how he had broken his leg the previous year playing Junior hockey in Wilson's home town of Dublin, Ireland. He went on to tell Wilson how watching someone from his hometown get drafted by such a prestigious franchise was so inspirational to him and gave him the motivation he needed to come back from his injury and try to replicate Wilson's achievement. This chance interaction was one that Jack Wilson would not soon forget, and when the beginning of the season rolls around, he knows he will have at least one very dedicated young fan.
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2019, 05:37 PM by Ferda.)

Welcome back everyone,

Ferda here with an inside scoop on the Armada training camp. The main story today is the newly formed bond of the Anchorage Armada rookies. Members such as Augustus Wang, Samuel Michaud (@golden_apricot) and Ian Venables (@"toirekari") have been shown on video being hazed by veterans Darnell (@frithjofr) and Gabriel (@Gwdjohnson). Wang's introduction of the team fridge has become the local watering hole where everyone gathers around for a beer before, during, and after training. Their intoxication appears to be making a positive impact on their training as all of them appear to be more alert and feistier as they were battling hard and butting heads during practice. After practice, players have been seen running out of the locker room half-naked with red towel marks indicating potential horseplay in the room. Darnell posted this photo on social media highlighting the veteran mentorship that him and the other members have expressed towards the new rookies. His photo is a representation of the family that the Armada have created in the locker room which is a good sign going forward as they look to make a run for the Four-Star Cup.

Ferda
Reporter for the Bois News Network (BNN)

[Image: image.png]
[Image: dankestmemes69420.gif]

[Image: vhY18i8.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: nBgNUTY.png]
Armada        Canada        Stampede
Falcons        Usa
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2019, 05:44 PM by ACapitalChicago.)

Joseph Weston came into the training camp with something to prove, even if he didn't realize it himself. Reading all the media about what a surprise it was to see him drafted so early made him eager to prove himself. He already always had the self-improving attitude, and ever since joining the league has been willing to get advice and tips on how to better build his player wherever possible. Even to the point where he pestered the author of this bit to include "Also if you have any tips on my player build here's my player page and here's my update plan! Don't hesitate to reach out!" This of course, as you may have expected, made him an easy target at training camp.

Upon arriving, one of the trainers immediately picked Joseph out of the lineup and came forward, insisting that he had a new way to build and improve his player. Joseph, eager to improve as always, jumped on the opportunity as soon as possible. A half-hour passed before management started questioning where one of their new draftees had gone, and they found Weston digging through equipment in one of the storage rooms. When prompted as to what he was doing, Joseph explained that he was told that if he found some items on a list then he would be given +50 TPE secretly by the league. Some on the list included "50 ft of shoreline," "One rope-shortener," and "A double cheeseburger with one patty and no cheese." After a good laugh and a red-faced Weston, training went on as scheduled. 

290 Words

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

People may not have seen Patey that much during training camp, why you ask? During the middle of training camp, Patey flew all the way back home east to visit family and friends after signing his rookie contract and getting that money in the bank. After spending all night out with the boys playing DnD, he ended up missing his middle of the night flight back to the hotel to get back to the rink in the morning. Now, the logical thing for Patey would have been to get another flight in the morning and just take the one missed day of training camp and suffer whatever coach had for him. Instead he decided to find the nearest mounty and got him to ride all the way down to Lethbridge which ended up being a week long trip after having to give this mounty a ton of money for this trip. Once he returned from a normal Canadian trip, most of the rookies and teammates ended up getting to shoot pucks at him while he put the goalie gear on for all of the time he missed.

(187 words)