Create Account

S49 PT #1 - The Affiliate

In the past the SHL had an affiliate program with the SMJHL, and with the idea of it being thrown around again it is important to remember the past as we project to the future. The Chicago Syndicate have had a very long pipeline (pause) with the Anaheim Outlaws and this relationship has given both teams great success. As the Syndicate look to create their own program it is important to have branding which will not alienate players or the fanbase. The pipeline is strong thus it is important to keep the culture the same -- so the city it will be in will rhyme with Anaheim. The Qanaheim township in "made up" California would be the perfect location as it is close to Anaheim not only by sound but also by spelling and location. Finally the team name should be the Foutlaws, again similar to the Anaheim Outlaws but with its own history and connotation. That is a farm system that can garner great success -- the Qanaheim Foutlaws.

[Image: MaU5eKD.png]
[Image: kECK2tc.png]

First of all i think it is a really interesting idea to re-introduce affiliates. They existed before until they got replaced by the junior teams. I am curious to see how it is going to work out. As far as where our affiliate team should be played i can be clear. I do not understand the America way of locating your affiliate outside the main team location, so i would just stick with where the old guys are playing: New England. Let the young players play in the same arena. The name would be somewhat related to the Wolfpack, maybe they can be called the New England Wolfpups. As far as management concerns, i think the new team can be perfectly managed by our current management, Erik Chisling @Ace and Eko van Otter @hotdog. They have done a great job so far with the main team and i believe they are best suited for the jobs.

Stars | Player | Update Thread | Gordie#6746 | Manual Lineup Sheet | HockeyNation | Grizzlies

The parent club is in Toronto and is called the North Stars. Toronto is relatively far north on our SHL map. My first idea was to have some kind of southern equivalent to it, so the name was very easy to pick: South Stars. But not any random city that's south of Toronto. So why Nashville you ask? We don't have a team there yet and since they already had a South Stars team in the past (neither in this league nor in this universe, but in general) it's not a completely new idea. If we think about branding, the Tennessee state flag has three stars on it and Nashville is the state's capital, so we would have a good connection and could explain the name even to locals that don't know the parent team. We could probably use that logo on the jersey somewhere too. Not to mention that in a parallel universe this city has a hockey team that I already like, so overall it was an easy choice and they have a nice arena there. I didn't want a team that was too close to the parent club (not in the same area), but not too far away either, however it needed to be somewhere in the south. It's a short 2 hour flight between the two cities, so call-ups on the same day usually shouldn't be a problem. As to who would run the club, I could actually see myself being involved so there would be at least one person who comes from within the parent organization. Additionally, I would like to find someone who likes the idea and has management experience to perhaps take over as GM so I could be part of it either as Co-GM or in another position, but I don't have any particular names in mind. I could potentially see @CampinKiller be interested in this due to the location.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-04-2019, 05:06 AM by Gwdjohnson.)

I think for my SHL team, the Hamilton Steelhawks, there is one clear option for an affiliation, and I don't even need to make a new team up for it. Look no further than the fellows birds of prey that reside in Detroit, the Falcons. Led by great managers and people in @notorioustig and @nour, both of whom have players currently on Hamilton (Tig Murphy and S49 first rounder Skao Anazibf), the teams already have a strong link. Hamilton co-gm @Waters also has a player on the Falcons currently, while recently acquired Steelhawks prospect Savoli Tankovic was absolutely dynamite in Detroit the past season. Detroit is my first choice, but the Vancouver Whalers franchise has been a gift to Hamilton recently as well, as potential stars of the future Aaron Wilson ( @aaronwilson ), Dale Miller ( @dmills3 ) and Jax Duggan ( @SecondSucks22 ) are from the West Coast SMJHL Champions. Vancouver is a little far for an affiliation with a Hamilton-based franchise though. Maybe we move it somewhere closer, what say you about maybe Pittsburgh, dmills? Wink

175 words

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

The Minor league affiliate of the San Francisco Pride would be the Detroit Lion Cubs. I Chose this city because I love Detroit and if I was drafted by the Pride I would love to play there and the Lion Cubs I chose because San Francisco is where the big lions are and Deteoit is for the young cubs. They would play in Little Ceasars arena in down town Detroit and would were a purple and white Jersey with lion cubs as their logo. I think that Tweedledunn would take in the role of General Manager of the Detroit Lion Cubs as he has a long history as the Assistant General Manager of San Francisco Pride. I think Muerto would assume the role of Assistant General Manager and Bilbo would serve as Head Amateur Scout. All three of the people I chose are great people and good at interacting with who ever. They can help out the young guys and girls and keep then interested and wanting to make the big club.

[Image: knute.jpg]

SHL TEAM: SAN FRANCISCO PRIDE
AFFILIATE TEAM: PORTLAND PIONEERS

Portland, Oregon is the perfect spot for the minor league affiliate for the Pride for a number of reasons.

1 - Team history: Before the Pride were well, the Pride, they were the Portland Admirals. There was some bitterness when the team left, but the Pride still boasts a large fanbase in the Portland area. There is no doubt that there would be interest in the fans being able to see prospects for the Pride up close and personal.

2 - Fan Support: The Portland metro area already supports the WHL's Portland Winterhawks with rabid level fandom. Hockey has proven to work in the city, and there is an arena ready for the Portland Pioneers to use that has already been built. 

I chose the name Pioneers for the team because it pays homage to the Oregon Trail and the pioneers who risked their lives in search of a better home for their families. The primary logo for the team would be a wooden wagon wheel and the secondary logo a covered wagon from the days of the Oregon Trail. The team colors would be forest green and yellow.

Assistant General Manager Tweedledunn would be in charge of day to day operations of the Pioneers, giving him more control over the prospects for the SHL team.

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/glswenson.gif[/img]

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/agentchadjohnson.gif[/img]

The new affiliate for the Hamilton Steelhawks will be called the Washington Iron Eagles.

We’ve decided to go with Iron Eagles as the name because iron is a component of steel, just as every player on the affiliate will be a component of a future Steelhawks roster. Eagles are predators, just like hawks and predators are the shit. Way cooler than a “platoon”.

Washington is the city that will host the team because Hamilton was Washington’s right hand man and we are looking to these players to lead us into the future. It’s poetic and shit. One giant ass metaphor. Sometimes I impress even myself.

As for who will lead this squad? I’d probably go with @Snussu. He’s a solid SHL guy who can be trusted to get the job done. I figure if we add @soulja in there as well the two would be able to mold those youngsters into stars of the future.

Words: 155

[Image: WuRZxKN.png]
Player Twitter
Kryyst: Player Page | Update Page
Stinson:Player Page

My idea for a minor league affiliate for the Hamilton Steelhawks would be the Guelph Golden Eagles. This keeps the bird of prey theme intact, in addition to geographical proximity being a factor for call-ups and send-downs. Golden eagles are also gigantic and not to be fucked with. The branding would be similar in colour scheme to the Las Vegas Golden Knights of the NHL, with a few tweaks here and there. The primary colours will be gold, black, grey, and white with a red accent, although the jerseys themselves will not be identical to the uniforms of the Knights. It will be difficult to select a bird of prey logo that looks different than every other one, but choosing one that properly captures the size and power of these birds would be a priority, with some kind of hockey-related accent. I would charge @SecondSucks22 with running the team due to his familiarity with the city and fanbase.

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

Affiliation is a great idea because teams are just becoming too filled with active players to get very good minutes for everyone. I also believe that affiliates should always be close to their big league team for obvious reasons of travel and the quick turn around if a player is injured. That’s why I would keep my affiliate team right here in Minnesota. But instead of the generic Minnesota name, like every other professional sports team here, we will actually give them a city in the great state. Welcome, The Saint Paul Lake Monsters. Obviously Minnesota is really known for all the Lakes surrounding it, so what a better way then naming the team Lake Monsters. I definitely think I would be a great candidate to manage the team because A, I have experience managing an SMJHL team, but B, and definitely the more important point, nobody is really going to care about this league, so when I run the team into the ground, no one will care that much.

[Image: WtrC9qy.png]

FalconsJapanpride

If I were to establish the affiliate of the Texas Renegades, I'd place the team in market that the SHL wants to tap into, but does not currently have a presence. One obvious option is to place a team in a city where they used to have a SHL franchise. Off the top of my head, Buffalo, Hartford, Seattle, and Portland all come to mind. However, I think that a former SMJHL city would be a great decision, as the fans of the city could become fans of the Renegades without feeling like they need to change alliances.

I think that we should try to tap into the Regina market by placing a team in Moose Jaw, named the Moose Jaw Mercenaries. The color scheme would be red and black, and there would be cross branding opportunities between the Renes and the Mercs. The team would be managed by me, because I'm awesome and would be a good leader.

[161 words]
(This post was last modified: 08-04-2019, 04:48 PM by ItssYoBoiDaLegend.)

Parent Club: Hamilton Steelhawks  Steelhawks
Affiliate: Quebect Icebreakers
City: Quebec City, Quebec, Canada

Quebec City, a small market perfect for a Minor League team. Icebreakers have to do with Hockey and breaking the ice with any physical contact. Quebec City has many areas to build a new Center perfectly centered in the city. Canada is always the best place to be for Hockey as even the small market teams generate tons of revenue when it comes to merchandising, concessions, tickets, and general Canadian interest around the League. 

GM would be announced as @eddiesnothere and Co-GM would be WJC Coach @ProjectSaint 

The team would have many different opportunities to tribute to the NHL Quebec Nordiques former team with jerseys that pay to the tributed team. [Image: 0821-justincox-qbc.png]

With Team Logo varying at this point
[Image: KazBdf.png][Image: 1cc4298863053e055d812d715f83420c--logo-s...eakers.jpg]

And the stadium already came up with and pictures of the build coming out.

[Image: th?id=OIP.1cO9XDivBx4l5-jeNVgVMAHaEK&pid=Api&rs=1]

We could have a very solid team here in Quebec. The development team is ready and able to start construction whenever ready.
(This post was last modified: 08-04-2019, 05:51 PM by hotdog.)

The New England Wolfpack's minor league affiliate will be located close by, in Portland, Maine. Portland is an awesome small city with a lot of good food and drink and nice ocean views, and it'll be close to the home base in Boston. The Red Sox and Celtics both have Maine affiliates and it'll be great to continue that connection in the SHL. They'll be called the Portland Pups and have a similar, slightly more playful color scheme - the same New England green coupled with a navy blue to reflect the maritime history of their home city. I think this color scheme would be similar enough to the Wolfpack's to keep a consistent branding but still not be a carbon copy of the big league's color scheme. I would hire @gordieboom to run the team - Gordie has an excellent eye for scouting and would keep our young talent motivated in Portland; since there's no separate draft he wouldn't have to stay up crazy late to run the team  Cool

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway
(This post was last modified: 08-04-2019, 06:47 PM by NONAME.)

Team Name: Victoria Battleships

The reason I decided to go with Victoria is because I have lived there for many years and it has become my favourite living destination in Canada outside of Toronto. It's a beautiful city that isn't exploding with people so you don't get a lot of the negatives people come up with about city living. The weather there is also a massive plus as the summers don't tend to get too hot and the winters have little to no snow. I came up with the Battleships name because Victoria has the Navy base there. I believe this league would be a perfect way to groom people into management roles before taking on more important roles in the SMJHL and SHL. The San Francisco Pride (@Grapehead @tweedledunn) could not only use this league as a way to groom young players but also veteran players who are looking at taking on larger roles within the organization. They can learn the ropes around management and climb up the ranks within the organization.

Falcons Canada

If the New England Wolfpack had an affiliate team I would place it in Providence, Rhode Island. It's one of the biggest cities in the New England area, it's known for being a very active and artsy city, and is only a hour drive from Boston were the Wolfpack play. Plus the region loves hockey and is also the home of the NHL's Boston Bruins affiliate team. They would be called the Rhode Island Raiders due the area's history of colonial raiders against the British Navy in the Revolutionary War. The color scheme would be be green, white, and red. Green to show the connection with their SHL team and white and red because they follow the color scheme of other New England teams like the NFL's New England Patriots and the MLB's Boston Red Sox. As for who I'd put in charge, I'd say current Wolfpack Co-GM @hotdog would make for an excellent GM of the team.

[Image: DrbPYHV.png]   [Image: B4x6AQm.png]
Scarecrows Russia Wolfpack

Rest In Peace Dangel

1st SHL Goal - S52 Game 1 vs Tampa 3. New England Wolfpack , Jakub Bruchevski 1 (Eko Van Otter 1, Delver Fudgeson 2) at 8:10

Scarecrows Platoon Russia

[Image: F4iUWyS.png]

If the Tampa Bay Barracuda had an affiliate team I would place it in Tallahassee as it's a major city that is not only deprived of hockey, but the whole area around it is also deprived of hockey. It is local to Pensacola, located on the border of Georgia which we all know tragically lost their Atlanta NHL team, and not too far from Alabama which has shown decent support for it's Southern Pro Hockey League team, but has nothing more outside of that, especially near Mobile. As well, it's also local and makes an easy drive for players being sent down/called up of course. For the mascot, I'd go with the Tallahassee Gators obviously being known for its gator population, being located in Florida and all. For the management, I think the franchise would look at @Toivo, former GM for the Barracuda so he has plenty of experience and can use that to help kick start the team.

Anthony Archer - S49 12th Overall
1x IIHF Silver Medalist (S51)
2x WJC Gold Medalist (S48, S49)
2x Four Star Cup Finalist (S48, S50)
SMJHL: 42G 40A 82P 304HIT // SHL: 17G 17A 34P 326HIT

[Image: AA42.png]