Create Account

Weekend Funtime: Keeping It Up

Someone that will have a hard time keeping it up heading into the regular season will easily be Cameron Carter II. His agent has been trying to hype him up, but with the extra eyes and media following him this season it can only end poorly for the Chicago forward.

@Boomcheck

Sven Holmberg

[Image: hexx55.gif]

[Image: mitochondriafigure1.jpg]
Player Page | Update Page

Option 1:

Easily the Toronto North Stars. They performed way above expectations and I doubt they can keep it up. Maybe they go like Tampa last season? But I doubt that, Tampa has true talent.

[Image: 55708_s.gif]

First Ever SHL Goal:
Code:
5. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 1 (Piotr Czerkawski 1, Cameron Dubois 2) at 16:27

First Ever Hat Trick:
Code:
S45 Game 46 NEW vs TOR
6. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 1 (Artemi Berezin 3, Tigole Bitties 5) at 5:21
9. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 2 (Artemi Berezin 4) at 18:58
10. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 3 (Tigole Bitties 7, Manuel Gotze 2) at 19:38 (Empty Net)

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Code:
Option 1: Identify a player or a team who overperformed on the ice in preseason who you think will have trouble keeping it up in the regular season. (25+ words and tag anyone involved)

I think it's pretty clear the Dragons will not finish at the top of the West in the regular season. They have a mediocre team and took advantage of teams resting their players in pre-season to make themselves look better than they are. The Dragons are frauds and won't replicate this success. When you have average players at every position, you're an average team and they'll show that when the regular season begins.

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
33-12-1
Regular Season - [G 6] [A 8] [Pts 14] [+/- +25] [PIM 30] [Hits 22] [SB 87]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

Monkey D. Luffy @TnlAstatine had a monster preseason, tallying 16 points over the course of 50 games. While I may be his biggest fan and admirer, I can't help but think that shooting percentage is going to fall back down to earth. Wishing the rookie all the best, maybe he can surprise and hit the double digits.

Wink

[Image: Flusso.png]
Sig by @Evil_AllBran

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Option 2

I also think that NEW is just getting hard and are firmly at half-chub approaching full erection status with their pre-season performance. Although some high caliber players might have missed a step, the team continues to move onward and upward. Soon NEW will be sitting pretty at the top for seasons to cum i mean come

[Image: PvZbGlD.png]
[Image: FszcRvP.png]
Thanks @"AndrewWarren13" for the sig

When it comes to overachieving in the preseason, one team is the clear example, the Toronto North Stars. The term two pump chump fits the North Stars extremely well considering they already blew their load in those meaningless games.

I think @aaronwilson had a good preseason, and I feel it'll continue to improve as the regular season progresses. I mean mostly this is because he was a former whaler.

[Image: nokazoa.gif]

CURRENT PLAYER

[Image: sN8N4xa.png]         [Image: xd5tvj8.png]

FORMER PLAYER

[Image: ktJ2jTl.png]

Option 1

Easy one is Toronto finishing preseason in 1st place in the entire league. While it's clear their star players like Lokitonov and Vakarian can drag them to success, but the odds that the likes of Kevin Kazarian and the whole of the d corps to keep this up for a full regular season.

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

In my opinion the Toronto North Stars have overperformed. They have with Lokitonov an absolutely superstar but the rest is regressing or too young. I really can smell that they wont bring up again this performance in the Regular Season but Lokitonov will dominate his team and maybe also the league in Points. In Hits we have some more. Vakarian could also be a good factor points based. But I would be really shocked and surprised if they make the playoffs after this hard cut and starting rebuild in that offseason.

[Image: McZehrl.png]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!

I can't help but also pick option 1 for the entire Toronto team. It's absolutely unreal how the team performed in the preseason and I highly doubt that we will see them do as well in the regular season.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

Obviously the Edmonton Blizzard overperformed. They are nowhere near as good as us and we were tied for points in the Western Conference. During the upcoming regular season they will plummet and might barely make the playoffs. Perhaps this time they will survive the wildcard round, but I doubt it.

Dragonite

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

I think Chicago was impressive during preseason and should be able to keep it up. They finished 3rd in the standings but I could see them finishing anywhere in the east in a playoff spot and turning the corner. they have a solid young group who's only going to keep growing and doing better.

@Velevra

[Image: thedangazone.gif]

Los Angeles Panthers, most impressive team I've ever seen, I tell you whut. A lot of folks around the hockey world are bagging on the Panthers because of last season, but the Panthers have been consistently good since I joined the SHL. Panthers will keep it up.

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

Option 2

The guy who impressed me the most was Aaron Wilson (@aaronwilson) and I do believe he can keep up that level of performance. He was 3rd in rookie points, he had the 3rd highest +/- on the Steelhawks and is going to continue to improve. Pair that with the fact he’s playing on the top line for both 5 on 5 and on the power play and his level is going to continue. There’s a reason I chose him for my ROTY candidate.

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

(This post was last modified: 08-09-2019, 02:07 AM by ontanis.)

Option 2

For the Vancouver Whalers, the "Most likely to stand out" player of this season based on the preseason results is no other than Vancouver's finest - Artem Mozgov @diacope. The guy had 39 points (15 G, 24 A) with a +/- rating of a whooping +12. The second year sophomore in the SMJHL looks like a stud. He works hard, puts in all the necessary effort, does all the things right. I can see him becoming even a better player, cause I believe, he was playing without S49 equipment, so he will have some room to push his TPE count even further this or next week. Keep an eye out for this guy, he's gonna surprise a lot of people this season.

[Image: ontanis.gif]

[Image: 6by0kBi.png] [Image: YztPk3T.png]
thanks to @Wasty, @Bruins10, @Carpy48 and @iRockstar for the sigs!