Create Account

Minor IIHF Punishments

A couple of quick and minor punishments to announce.

During the past Reddit Recruitment Drive, Lunatyck and Flareon both made posts on Reddit encouraging new members to create players for their respective nations. Both members quickly removed these posts and apologized when it was brought to their attention that this was against IIHF policy of relying solely on the "International Recruiting" sub-forum to attract new members to create for their nation.

Therefore punishments as follows:
Lunatyck's player will be suspended for 2 games in the S49 IIHF Tournament.
Flareon's player will be suspended for the 2 games in the S49 IIHF Tournament and Great Britain will also lose their assigned transfer for S49 as Flareon is the Great Britain GM.

Going forward, the IIHF HO will work with IIHF GMs to brainstorm ways to improve the International Recruiting sub-forum to better facilitate having their message reach new SHL members.

Cheers,

Velevra, Artemis, and Chris McZehrl

[Image: 60354_s.gif  ]
[Image: 1yZYUXK.gif]
Sig Credits: Gorlab and Kylrad

remember when the czech did this exact thing and nothing happened

[Image: blurrybad.jpg] [Image: zomboy3.png]
Thank you Brandon, Fish, GeckoeyGecko, Karey, Kit, takethehorizon, and Ragnar for the sigs!
[Image: Pw202QP.jpeg]

Player Page || Update page
(This post was last modified: 08-16-2019, 06:58 PM by Leppish.)

lol jk

[Image: lebbish.gif]
(This post was last modified: 08-16-2019, 07:00 PM by charlieconway.)

I feel like a 'team needs' page where every nation lets new users know which position is ill-served would be nice.

If I'm creating a goalie, for example, I'd like to know whether or not there's already one established at a junior level. You could do that now by asking around on discord but it would be a useful addition for new players.

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno
(This post was last modified: 08-16-2019, 07:00 PM by Ace.)

What a dumb rule lmao.

"You must only post messages to recruit people in a section of the forum that no one ever looks at."

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

08-16-2019, 06:55 PMZombiewolf Wrote: remember when the czech did this exact thing and nothing happened
They should have been punished, Artemis has admitted he made a mistake and we now have all 3 members involved in making punishment decisions to ensure snap decisions aren't made like that by 1 member going forward.

08-16-2019, 07:00 PMAce Wrote: What a dumb rule lmao.

"You must only post messages to recruit people in a section of the forum that no one ever looks at."

I don’t agree with the first part of what you said, but I definitely agree on the second. IIHF recruiting is barely ever looked at and is not used or utilized well

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

08-16-2019, 06:59 PMcharlieconway Wrote: I feel like a 'team needs' page where every nation lets new users know which position is ill-served would be nice.

If I'm creating a goalie, for example, I'd like to know whether or not there's already one established at a junior level. You could do that now by asking around on discord but it would be a useful addition for new players.
Agreed, Revamps will need to be made and a lot has changed since S20.

08-16-2019, 07:02 PMVelevra Wrote:
08-16-2019, 06:55 PMZombiewolf Wrote: remember when the czech did this exact thing and nothing happened
They should have been punished, Artemis has admitted he made a mistake and we now have all 3 members involved in making punishment decisions to ensure snap decisions aren't made like that by 1 member going forward.

I get it I’m just being an asshole lol

[Image: blurrybad.jpg] [Image: zomboy3.png]
Thank you Brandon, Fish, GeckoeyGecko, Karey, Kit, takethehorizon, and Ragnar for the sigs!
[Image: Pw202QP.jpeg]

Player Page || Update page

Just blame @Daco

[Image: FJPVyys.png]

The great injustice has been rectified we can’t let people get away with these heinous crimes

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

Just create for lunga gumba

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

08-16-2019, 06:59 PMcharlieconway Wrote: I feel like a 'team needs' page where every nation lets new users know which position is ill-served would be nice.

Please do this and link it to the create a player form. I created a forward bc I knew there were 12 per team. I had no idea if a goalie or d-man was needed. Had someone requested one I would have seriously considered it.

[Image: thiefofcheese.gif]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] 

Sig credit: Ragnar, Carpy48, High Stick King

i say we punish that dumb rule and backspace it outta the rulebook

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]