Create Account

S49 PT#3 - SHL Big Brother program

pbe pt, squishes username

[Image: FJPVyys.png]

So I'm still slumping it in the juniors (Go Whalers) and I got assigned Luke Thomason @luketd. Now I have been told Thomason has some ties to my old GM Arnost Holub, so I was excited. The first thing he did when we met, was go over a balanced diet, and eating right. Kind of bullshit since I was wanting something more than general life skills, but he gave me a nice poutine recipe. Once we got through all that noise, it got a little more practical since I can just call my mom to help with cooking. One odd thing though, he kept calling me "Meat" and kept referencing "Bull Durham." Man, he wishes he was Crash. That dude was awesome though that movie is sad. Anyway, after we went over cooking and all that we spent some time in the gym before we went over how to read contracts. Like he made me sit with a lawyer and go over the legal stuff. I barely understood it, but I saw the merit. Is this what Holub makes the Rage do? Then he explained to me about how child support works. That's probably gonna be useful in the next few months.

[Image: nokazoa.gif]

CURRENT PLAYER

[Image: sN8N4xa.png]         [Image: xd5tvj8.png]

FORMER PLAYER

[Image: ktJ2jTl.png]

For the Big Brother thing I have been assigned to mentor the player of @wumaduce. One thing I told him is that he better watch out for the SHL because it is not the juniors any longer. So once he gets there he must be ready and ready to play hard. He says he doesn't want to play in the SHL ever and he is scared of the SHL. For me, that is okay. For now, he is too weak for the SHL and needs to be nurtured. Perhaps one day, though, he will need to go through waivers, something Dragons prospect Oliver Klozoff never did despite it being in the rules. That would be fun and maybe wuma will be forced to play in the SHL and he will come to my team where I can team him things in hockey like how to hit and how to fight and how to tie his skates on his own instead of having his mommy do it for him.

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]

(211 words)
For my big brother week, I figured why not spend time with my SHL GM? Myself and Mikhail Lokitonov decided to get together for a week and got to know each other better. I learned some interesting things about him while he learned some interesting things about me. After our small Q&A session, we decided to train together. Seeing as I'm only entering my second season, I've still got a lot of things to learn about the SHL as a whole, as well as what to do once I make it there. Although I didn't really get the hang of certain drills (how to properly take faceoffs, where the best places to stand defensively were, etc.), he helped me solidify what he was teaching and it ended up being very helpful for me. After the training session, we decided to travel to Anchorage to take in the sights and sounds of an Armada game. Even though Anchorage is one of Vancouver's main rivals, I will say that they play some very solid hockey. Our final thing we did together was go to a North Stars game. I got to see my big brother actually go out there and play! I can't wait to play alongside him once I reach the SHL.
@ml002

[Image: leblaVa.gif]
Shoutout to @adamantium for the sig! <3

Tor Tuck smacked Khabib Nurmagomedova over the head and threw him into the trunk of his car. Tor Tuck was hoping to teach the young player some valuable life lessons, primarily survival skills. After Khabib Nurmagomedov was secured in the vehicle and convincingly knocked out Tor hopped in the driver’s seat and hit the road to a remote area in the great white north. Upon arrival Tor Tuck opened the trunk to find a conscious Khabib Nurmagomedov with a large welt on his forehead. Khabib Nurmagomedov immediately leapt to strike Tor back but Tor gave him another bop on the head to daze him before explaining the situation. Tor Tuck was going to leave Khabib Nurmagomedov in the forest so that he could practice primitive survival skills in case things ever hit the fan. Before Khabib Nurmagomedov could protest Tor pulled him from the trunk, tossed a backpack his way, hopped in the car and drove off. It has been three weeks and Khabib Nurmagomedov still hasn’t returned, but Tor Tuck is confident he’ll make it back eventually as a skilled survivalist.

@khabib

[Image: TorTuck.gif]
[Image: sAx3Llh.jpg]

My big brother was Commander Shepard @LarksTongue; he’s a fairly young player but he has enough experience now that he is interested in mentoring. As a later round pick himself, he knew what it was like to be an underdog and work toward being a steal. We both trained together, with the drills surprisingly not avoiding contact; he gave a few bone-crushing hits to teach me a lesson about how physical the SHL is. I am not quite as built as I need to be so I struggled to deal with that, and I came out aching and quite sore. I think Shep was a great mentor, he wasn’t easy on me and taught me some important lessons on what I need to work on if I ever want to leave the SMJHL and go pro. I would love to work with him again sometime and hopefully, one day be on the roster with him and the other Jets.

Jon Forty-One just resigned with the Minnesota Chiefs literally an hour before writing this so he is committed to his quest of getting revenge on the Simulation Hockey League for drafting him so low. He has already broken the top 10 Total Points Earned score for his draft class to so he feels more than qualified as Vancouver Whalers Captain to adopt a youth to make sure they survive when they go up. Jean-Paul Boivin ( @Nokazoa ) of the Whalers was his choice since he also went 23rd overall, albeit he was happy to go at 23rd.

Jon has been giving him off the field advice more than anything since Jean-Paul is a gifted talent on the ice. Mainly how to deal with annoying interviewers, how to talk shit at certain people or teams who may doubt his ability or ask him just the dumbest questions. He has also told him that as his captain he can be approach him whenever to ask him any questions he may have.

[170 words roughly]

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Blizzard Now Isaac Forty-One Switzerland

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

For my big brother program I chose to take on and mentor young second year player Jimmy Slothface. Slothface has honestly struggled with many things in the organization and while his on ice work definitely needs some improvement we decided to give him a little boost in his off the ice work. We decided to help out this week with the suicide awareness initiative throughout the country. It's a seriously underlooked form of charity that could help save thousands of lives every year. We both went out to a couple events and signed some stuff for anyone who showed at the New Orleans based events. We got to spread awareness for a something that desperately needs it and helped treat the people who run it every day like the heroes they are.

I also took Jimmy to a barber because his haircut was not cutting it anymore (pun intended). I know his mom said he looked handsome but that bowl cut had to go if he wanted to be the future in NOLA. Mullets are definitely making a return.

@slothfacekilla

[Image: thedangazone.gif]
(This post was last modified: 08-23-2019, 09:23 AM by ej27.)

Being a defenseman, it's only natural that Leo Lockhart would choose to mentor another defenseman. And being a former captain of the Anchorage Armada, it's only natural that he'd want to mentor a player from his old stomping grounds. Darnell Johnson @frithjofr seemed like a logical choice, and Leo was ready af to impart some hard won wisdom. The only problem being that Leo has lived a pretty charmed life and hasn't ever been in any truly difficult life situations. Unsure of what kind of situations the league wanted these kids to be put in, Leo decided to put Darnell through the trials and tribulations of grocery shopping on a Sunday. He gave Darnell a shopping list full of obscure grocery items and turned him loose on the grocery store at peak soccer mom shopping time and told him not to return until every item had been purchased. It was a harrowing experience, but Darnell performed admirably and only got his butt pinched by 3 soccer moms. All in all, a successful learning experience.

[Image: 45029_v.gif]

Sigs by: King, Tweedledunn, Me
Player Page|Twitter|Update Page
(This post was last modified: 08-23-2019, 11:11 AM by caltroit_red_flames.)

I chose to mentor Conor Tanner @Keygan . I think the most difficult thing to deal with when you 're playing in the SHL is the extremely difficult travel schedule. Just look at the schedule for our past 10 games this season.

1. Texas (Origin, 0 miles)
2. Toronto (1205 miles)
3. Edmonton (1683 miles)
4. Edmonton (0 miles)
5. Chicago (1437 miles)
6. Edmonton (1437 miles)
7. Manhattan (2024 miles)
8. Buffalo (292 miles)
9. Edmonton (1735)
10. Edmonton 0 miles)

That's just wack, for 10 games we had to travel a total of 9813 miles. In order to help get him read for the difficulties of a professional hockey schedule I decided to have him walk with me to one of his games. His home team plays in Halifax and they had a game in St. Louis, so we packed our bags and started walking. It's about 1400 miles from Halifax to St. Louis so it's pretty comparable to what we deal with. It took us about 30 days to get there and Tanner ended up missing about 20 of his team's games and we were horribly late, but at least he learned the difficulties of a pro schedule!

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

I chose to work with Herry Morris IV @Taxman100 as he and I have become very close friends recently. I wanted to prepare Morris to deal with the stress of the big leagues, but I wanted to perform the stress test outside of a hockey environment. So I shelled out some cash for the two of us to head to an escape room, along with some strangers; with only an hour to solve some baffling puzzles, Morris and I would have to show grace under pressure and not lose our wits. At first, Morris seemed a bit alarmed as he struggled with one of the puzzles, but eventually, a light bulb when on and he figured it out. Our group was able to escape, and I think Morris enjoyed it quite a bit. My final conclusions were that he is a very bright and poised player who can survive the most daunting of challenges and can thrive in the big leagues one day.

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/ByNN8Jn.gif[/img]

Currently in my second season of being in the SMJHL I was finally awarded a big brother in Daniel Smeb. Together we have accomplished so much in the past year after I was drafted by the Chicago Syndicate. It was amazing to see the network for big brother in the SHL and just how helpful they were. Daniel was telling me all about the times when he would get weird PM's from this guy JNH and he told me to avoid him at all costs. He also told me to watch out for "crazy" fans like BDonini who might try to hurt you instead of helping you out. Following that he taught me how to train properly for the SHL while being in the SMJHL. It was truly weird to re-wire my brain to train for a different league than what I am currently in. I look forward to seeing how this program progresses and how much more I can learn from Daniel Smeb.

@Kylrad

[Image: MaU5eKD.png]
[Image: kECK2tc.png]

[Image: S49-Pt2.jpg]
@SpartanGibbles You can learn so much from your former GM.

Tibuk Soonika - G - Tampa Bay Barracuda| Portal Page
BarracudaSwitzerlandKnights

I took in Boruvka Banananak, a player who I admire for his goal-scoring prowess and his tenacity to stay down in the SMJHL despite the fact virtually everyone in his draft class is up in the SHL. I taught him how to pass, because as far as I am aware he doesn't know how to pass at all and really just relies on shooting the puck. "Make shoot" he says, over and over. So I taught him a wide variety of skills related to "make pass", and he soon learned it very well, and even started saying "make pass" multiple times, so I think I made some serious headway. After that we did a lot of defensive drills, and he took to that surprisingly well. So well that I was surprised he was able to do it so effectively. Now do I think he will be able to keep these skills going after he moves on to his SHL team? I have no idea, but I am certainly glad that I had the opportunity to do this and spend some time with him.

@PeanutButter

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

Mikhail Lokitonov took Toronto prospect Jan Zacha @StaticShocked of the Vancouver Whalers under his wing for the SHL's Big Brother program since Zacha will be joining him in Toronto in a few seasons and getting that chemistry early on will hopefully help the young forward when he comes up to the big time. So Jan and Loki started their time together with a Q&A session where they learned about each other's lives and how they were raised as they are both natives of Central Europe and bonded over their similar childhoods. Afterwards, the two scrimmaged with one another and Lokitonov took the time to show Zacha the ropes and some new tricks to use in the SMJHL that should help him score more and hopefully win some more faceoffs. Afterwards Loki took Zacha to a Armada game since they are Loki's juniors team and took in a nice game of hockey. The next day they were in Toronto for a game and Zacha had a chance to see Loki in action.

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]