Create Account

S49 PT#3 - SHL Big Brother program

PBE PT

[Image: 9d3oxij.png]// [Image: 8xyKeyf.png] [Image: SHLEmoteDragons.png]
[Image: RNCgTPl.png]
[Image: aS7ARv6.png]
[Image: RIXCbNI.png]
[Image: aS7ARv6.png]

So for Big Brother program Martijn Westbroek picked up his son Nick Connolly from the zoo and then brought him to the arena. To bring out his mental toughness he made Nick stand in the center of the net and ripped bombs off his head for thirty minutes. Once he was sure that CTE would be a Connolly feature, he moved onto the other areas. He gave Nick a beer and told him to drink up because he was gonna need to start boozing hard if he kept playing that way. He also took him to a restaurant for dinner and gave him some tips on how to live his life. He let him know what to eat (McDonalds), how to manage his sleep and life schedule (McDonalds and sleep) and how to plan his meals ahead of time (download the McDonalds app). When asked for comment, Martijn said that he had never felt better and looked forward to getting Nick in shape for the upcoming season. He was also definitely not worried about Nick taking his ice time.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

@thiefofcheese

[Image: zGrzp9s.png]

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

As the former goalie of anchorage, it's my duty to ensure the torch is successfully passed. And the new torch bearer for anchorage is of course Ian Venables.

One of the main moments of bonding and mentoring/big brothering is around the discipline of hiding your weakness as a goalie. For those that are unfamiliar the weakness scale hurts goalies fairly heavily as it all 7 possibly selections directly affect goalies ability to stop shots. Peter Larson has a skating weakness that he has invested a lot of time into hiding.

Ian's weakness is rebound control, which is pretty rare for a goalie really since some trainers even consider it to be a primary skill. However it has made Ian an incredibly good shot stopper for such a young goalie. His ability to focus on the shooter and read and react is phenomenal. However, he is starting to put far more pressure on himself due to his inability to regularly shut-down the play by either covering the puck or defectiving it away from nearby attackers.

Peter talked to the young goalie about this, and the possible need to focus more outside training on this aspect. Ian is definitely not against the idea, it is just a matter of priority, with the you goalie preferring to push his strengths in the first instance and then work on his weakness in the off-season.

Peter is highly supportive of Ian, and looks forward to seeing if he can manage to find a new vein of goalie performance with his approach.

[Image: tomasnz.gif]

Player Page

Choosing the young Halifax' forward Atlas Rush @Rublic is a logical idea. Mainly as him and Andrej are super similar players in how they play, and even if they don't play the same position, there is still plenty Rush can learn from Doskocil. The biggest thing is of course the transition to SHL. As a physical player that sacrifices the scoring upside, the transfer can be shocking and extremely disheartening considering that it can feel like you are doing nothing for your team at all for quite a while. Also, SHL offers bigger and badder players, people that you have to be able to compete against, and it changes a lot of your game. Handling this frustration is a big thing in keeping you going and not burning out of the league, and coming to your full potential in the big leagues, as Andrej started showing in his second SHL season already.

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: sig-hlemyzd.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Great Falls Grizzlies | Player Page | Update Page

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]
[Image: image.png]

Daniel Bischoff, dubbed 'CC3', has been taken under the wing of the great Cameron Carter II. It has not been easy for the young Armada center who had a lot to learn from being a center under CC2, who once used to be a full time center his rookie year in the SMJHL. Nowadays? He is forced to play center for USA here and there against his will, but that is exactly what Daniel has learned. To take one for the team's success-- Or, well ... Taking one for the team and the team just squandering opportunity because they didn't use you correctly. Ahem! Bischoff has been diligently put through a course where only 10X10, Dar Noms, and GOATS is all that matters. This diet will hone Bischoff's KILLER instinct to evolve and become one with the GOAT ... Down the line, because he'll have to pry that title from CC2's cold retired hands.

Which may be soon because CC2 wants to bounce to Europe.

@dylanjj37

[Image: tuxpi-com-1618108119.jpg]

At first, Barret McCarthy was very apprehensive of having to bring a younger player into his home. First of all, his dogs are very picky and it was important that they agree and accept any new person that might join them.
And secondly, at first he couldn't think of a single juniors player that he really knew well enough to invite them in. However, after some thinking, he did finally decide to bring a younger rookie into his home. But the funny part? He doesn't even remember his name, and he eventually just fizzled out and got cut from his team. he was all about staying out late, drinking, partying, instead of practicing and working on his game. He had no respect for the young kid, and within just a few weeks, he kicked him out of his home, right about the time he was cut from his team. Another young gun lost to the fame instead of the game

I flew down to Texas over the weekend just to check out the facility. I expect to be playing in there in some capacity next season but I don't really know too many people on the team but I'm familiar with Walter Hobbs, @Jearim so we just hung out most of the time. The game is totally different and I'm going to be a guppy in a shark tank next season. The goalies are quicker, hell the entire game is quicker. Shots and angles that work in Juniors just don't work here. My usual lanes aren't there, even playing with 4th line guys. It will be an adjustment. Hobbs just told me to take my time and not rush it. I mean I'm not going to be a starter next season unless something was horribly wrong in Texas. All in all, it was a good experience and I'm looking forward to honing my skills with the big kids.

[Image: ashford.png]

Whalers
[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Renegades  raiders  Finland

For my Big Brother week, I decided to spend the week with Detroit Falcons goaltender Emiko Spector @mantorune. I chose Spector because he has recently been in hot water for over training and possible Performance Enhancing Drugs leading to a 2 game suspension in S49. After this, I thought he would be the perfect player to take under my wing and focus on how to be a more efficient pro player. I brought Spector to a personal trainer friend I made in Detroit to focus on better workouts and better nutrition. The trainer sat Spector down and had a tough conversation with him about why he was over training and what led him to that in order to figure out what to focus on with efficient workouts. This lead to creating a better workout plan that will focus on building core strengths while not exerting so much pressure that the SMJHL needs to step in. Spector took this all well and it lead to a successful Big Brother week.

Code:
169 words

[Image: theziegs.gif]
[Image: buster.gif]

Looking over the players of the SHL there were very few players that jumped out to Lil Manius as someone he would want to prepare for the rigors of league/site stardom. Although there was one player that intrigued him and that player is the one and only First-Name Last-Name. Mr. Last-Name seemed to have some unknown variable that excited Manius although he could not place what about First-Name interested him he just seemed to have sometime of mysterious aura about him. Granted there did not appear to be anything unusual about the Colorado Raptor season 50 center. Other than, this feeling of the unknown when discussing or talking to Mr. Last-Name and Manius was determined to find out why. Manius proceed to engage with First-Name and took him under his wing for the week. Mr. Last-Name and Manius shared a workout routine for the week, which included various nights on the town in the Big Easy in an effort to show Mr. Last-Name how to handle yourself on fan situations. Overall, the week went fine and Manius felt that he imparted some wisdom on the young player although Manius still felt there were many unanswered questions about Mr. Last-Name.

@gurbs

Words~199

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

When Teddy Cuddles was looking for players to take under his wing as a part of the Simulation Hockey League Big Brothers Program, nobody stood out more to him than none other than Nikolaj Muller of the St Louis Scarecrows. The young winger looks good on the ice but he has only one brain cell which he shares with the "Nipple Nuggey Hivemind", so he'll need some help when it comes to life skills. The first thing I tried to run him through was how to operate a toaster. One would think this would be pretty easy, but Muller could not even put the bread in the toaster and instead started repeating the phrase "madonald hanburger" over and over again. Next, I moved onto tying shoes, which Muller also struggled on. He sat there with the laces in his hands, laughing like Mr. Krabs: "AGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAAGA". Lastly, I moved onto brushing his teeth which he also refused to do as he just wanted to watch Indian Tic Tocs instead. The youth of our world is truly screwed. @esilverm

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

As Morris has mentioned Shepard mentored Henry Morris IV this past season, @Taxman100. Morris IV mentioned normal things like Shepard showing workouts, dieting and the rigorous schedule of the SHL. What Morris IV did not mention was Shepard also took him around Winnipeg to show him what it is like to live in the great city. Shepard and Morris IV both played in Montreal and did their fair share of partying. Morris IV quickly realized Winnipeg is not like Montreal in that sense. Shepard then explained what the winters are like and how hard it is to play in a city like Winnipeg. It must be out of passion for the game of Hockey and then the city and its people will cherish you like a God. Shepard then took Morris IV out to a few provincial and national parks in the surrounding area to give Morris IV a sense of the vast amount of land that constitutes Manitoba.

[Image: shepard.png][Image: giphy.gif][Image: TFOzBaZ.gif]

Thanks to @FlappyGiraffe and @ToeDragon84 for the making these sick sigs!

Quote:                            First Goal (3rd Game): Commander Shepard 1 (Nick Brain 1, Noah Gallagher 2) at 8:48

Knute Knurtsson, after spending three seasons down in the SMJHL he finally got called up to San Francisco pride, for his Big Brother experience he was in kknd of a awkward spot, sonce it is his rookie year he got to both be the big and the little brother. He's Big Brother in San Francisco was veteran Defenseman Ray Bork, he took Knute on a trip to Africa to meet real Lions, while they were there Ray insisted on only eating leftovers from what the Lions that they followed killed. On the other side, when Knute got to be the Big Brother he got the chanse to show former Colorado Raptora teammate Bo Kane around San Francisco and talk to him about stuff around the league and abit abiut how to handle himself around the locker room and mostly around Media. As an overall experience it was great, alittle weird in Africa with Bork but Knute would definetly do it again.

[Image: knute.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 08-25-2019, 01:17 PM by Chris-McZehrl.)

[Image: d9befe-1566753376.jpg]

@Slappydoodle

[Image: McZehrl.png]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!
(This post was last modified: 08-25-2019, 01:30 PM by gaby.)

When the SHL made it mandatory for every players to take in a prospect in this Big Brother program for a week and show him the rope, Ti-Guy knew exactly who it would be. @SimonLeBlanc of the Kelowna Knights. There are not many fellow french canadians in this league and we need to stick together. They also both have the same play style which isn't the most popular among GMs in the league : hard hitting defensive d-man. Ti-Guy would insist in Simon to not listen to everything they say and developp the way he wants. Too many times in the past he's been told to work on this and that. To test that willingness to stick to his guns, Ti-Guy ask old friend and now Slovakian hockey head federation Hypnotic Asia to go through 6 days where both will stay in a small room. Hypno will try to convince him to switch to an offensive d-man and Simon will have to not concede. What better way to teach a young player to be uncoachable and only spending 1 day out of 7 together.

[Image: opt6vpu.jpg]