Create Account

RFA Waiver Issue

08-22-2019, 05:50 PMBonk Wrote:
08-22-2019, 03:38 PMNONAME Wrote: I've been in the league for 1 and a half-season and I was aware of the waiver rule.

I've been in this league for more than 20 seasons and I know nothing about the waiver wire and still don't.

Yes I am too lazy to read the cut and pastes from the rule book.

I think that is the issue though. You should know these rules, especially if you're a GM and have been for a long time like the Calgary GM's. If a newer user can come in and know the general waiver rule more than a GM of 20+ season there is an issue. Whether this incident happened on accident or on purpose doesn't really matter IMO. Rules are rules.

Falcons Canada

08-22-2019, 12:03 PMSDCore Wrote: How many buffalo posts can we get to on this one thread... Let's wait and find out.

+1

[Image: avakaelsig.gif]

Putting aside the question of why one of the longest serving GMs in history was not aware of the waiver process, choosing to let it go is just as dumb as considering applying a penalty. Just require the original process be followed. The player should now be required to either be called up, or pass an official waiver process- the one that was designed for when an active, high TPE player goes past a reasonable number of SMJHL send downs. Problem solved.

08-22-2019, 05:33 PMGrapehead Wrote:
08-22-2019, 05:05 PMJKortesi81 Wrote: Now, i took a quick gander and i saw that a few players who should've been posted in that thread recently weren't, and instead were just placed in the send downs. We can't retroactively punish everyone for that, and it seems the Rulebook doesn't even have a punishment for not doing that anyway. So we should fix that first, create a punishment, and then you know, enforce that.

Can you list the players who were sent down incorrectly? I don't see any reason we should just glaze over the rest of the errors here, because it's obviously a problem if multiple players are in violation of this rule currently.

Also, why read the rulebook, and ask for rule clarifications when you can just shrug and say you didn't know after 20+ seasons as a GM

I think that was already done by @ztevans maybe?

At this point I don’t care enough to punish people for something that hasn’t been enforced. It’s more on HO for dropping that ball, including past me who didn’t even think of it.

I’m more concerned with enforcing it from here on out OR eliminating waivers. It’s one or the other imo.

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

08-23-2019, 01:01 AMJKortesi81 Wrote:
08-22-2019, 05:33 PMGrapehead Wrote: Can you list the players who were sent down incorrectly? I don't see any reason we should just glaze over the rest of the errors here, because it's obviously a problem if multiple players are in violation of this rule currently.

Also, why read the rulebook, and ask for rule clarifications when you can just shrug and say you didn't know after 20+ seasons as a GM

I think that was already done by @ztevans maybe?

At this point I don’t care enough to punish people for something that hasn’t been enforced. It’s more on HO for dropping that ball, including past me who didn’t even think of it.

I’m more concerned with enforcing it from here on out OR eliminating waivers. It’s one or the other imo.

Nah we can enforce it now with any player currently in violation of this rule. We don't need to go back 5 seasons or something, but anyone currently in the SMJHL in violation of this rule should be called up and forced through the proper process. Those GMs should lose their pay for the season. That's all I think should happen. We just did the waiver thing at the start of the season with Buffalo, there's 0 (that's ZERO) excuse to be unfamiliar with the process.

As a separate comment, I think people overestimate the damage these punishments do. They are the equivalent of being sent to jail in Monopoly, having the thief placed on your tile in Catan, or getting sent home in Trouble. We don't need to be so scared of enforcing the rules of our game, so many franchises have even survived the death sentence of tampering, it'll be alright.

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

Hey guys what's going on

[Image: first.png]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img][img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img]
Maxime Bouchard
Armada Dragons Info - Updates  Dragons Armada
Richard Dickbutt McFudderdudder II
Armada Info - Updates Armada

08-23-2019, 09:01 AMWeretarantula Wrote: Hey guys what's going on

[Image: TjOF4bm.gif]

(This post was last modified: 08-24-2019, 11:09 AM by vbottas17.)

Moral of the story kids is that sometimes its o.k. to break written rules, but if you break some unwritten rule that isnt actually a rule but h.o. thinks you should be aware of then you can fuck off.

Smile

[Image: Piastri2.png?ex=65ba64d4&is=65a7efd4&hm=...462889f09&]
[Image: or8VMxO.gif]

08-22-2019, 12:03 PMSDCore Wrote: How many buffalo posts can we get to on this one thread... Let's wait and find out.

08-27-2019, 09:52 AMgrok Wrote:

This is what Grok to come back? I never thought I would say this, but quick, Buffalo post more

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

08-27-2019, 11:44 AM39alaska39 Wrote: This is what Grok to come back? I never thought I would say this, but quick, Buffalo post more

Stampede Stampede Stampede

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

08-27-2019, 11:44 AM39alaska39 Wrote: This is what Grok to come back? I never thought I would say this, but quick, Buffalo post more

moo mutha fuckas