Create Account

Weekend Fun Time: Make the Case (S49)
(This post was last modified: 08-25-2019, 04:27 AM by Citizen of Adraa.)

Wrap it up, let's just start the playoffs - the top two spots in the SMJHL standings belong to Detroit and Kelowna

SMJHL is stupidly close this season. While I would agree that Detroit looks set to take the 1st, Kelowna's 2nd is nothing more than a bad stretch away from being taken by pretty much anyone. Of course, the first in line to inhabit it would be Halifax, but in my opinion because the point differences are so tiny, pretty much anyone can reach and grab for that second, if they find a good stretch of their season.

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: sig-hlemyzd.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Great Falls Grizzlies | Player Page | Update Page

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]
[Image: image.png]

This is the season in which Cameron Carter II FINALLY gets his Dar nomination

AGAINST

CC2 will not get a Dar nomination since he has made an enemy of the coach and the the staff refuses to use his talents as the best forward on Chicago, putting him with the LEAST support possible and trying to balance the lines to try and get everyone going---except CC2. They have a guy with less than 10 points this season ON THE DARN PP WITH CC2! WHAT IS GOING ON?!

[Image: tuxpi-com-1618108119.jpg]

Quote:One of the Tampa Bay skaters - Gunnar Soderberg or Olivier Cloutier - will win the Jesster award for the league's top rookie
Against: While both performing well I think the Jesster Award will go to the future goaltender from Chicago Tibuk Soonika. Tibuk has joined the middling franchise and put up impressive numbers despite not having a powerhouse team in front of them like many of the leagues top goalies. I think they will continue this pace and take home the Jesster.

Quote:Despite occupying the bottom of the conference, the Toronto North Stars are the season's biggest overachievers

Against: If they are at the bottom of the conference they can't be overachieving. I would say this honor goes to the Minnesota Chiefs who many claimed would be at or near the bottom of the West and have had much more success this season with a growing squad than expected.

Quote:GOD McZehrl's impressive performance this season means that notorious trade was actually... a win for both sides!?
Against: I don't think we can call any side of this trade a win at the moment. While the scales are obviously tipped against Minny if they can take McZ and turn that into a Cup win or Finals appearance then I would consider it a win. We also have yet to see how the picks traded away have panned out. There is still a chance the picks are complete busts or go IA. In short, I don't think we can call it a win either way for sure but Minny definitely seems to be making up ground.

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

GOD McZehrl's impressive performance this season means that notorious trade was actually... a win for both sides!?

Against.

GOD McZehrl is an excellent player for Minnesota, and should rack up at least one Stevens award while he's there. But he's not what Minnesota actually needs right now. What Minnesota needs right now is three 1st round draft picks, in order to get their rebuild under way, because the rest of the team doesn't have the capacity to stand up to Calgary, New Orleans or Edmonton.

[Image: avakaelsig.gif]

Quote:Despite occupying the bottom of the conference, the Toronto North Stars are the season's biggest overachievers

BS! I understand with Toronto selling and rebuilding, it's easy to look at them as the overachievers based on their record, but more importantly, Minnesota is overachieving in the West. Until recently this team was in a playoff spot, and could still be, despite the punishments and losses they've had recently. It's hard to look past them as the overachiever of the season right now!

Quote:Wrap it up, let's just start the playoffs - the top two spots in the SMJHL standings belong to Detroit and Kelowna

Gotta say I'm against. I mean Detroit, obviously. But Kelowna are only three points ahead as of this writing and Vancouver, Halifax, or Montreal could catch them. I'd say the odds are on Vancouver of those three, but with about fifteen games left, this isn't a wash yet.

Renegades  raiders  Finland

Code:
No team is having a more disappointing season than the San Francisco Pride

Correct. Despite making trades, the team is still in last place, although they do have a shot at the playoffs with how close the conference is. It's odd that they went out and got Karlsson who is likely to retire after this season, and sit in the bottom of the standings. It just doesn't make sense and the Pride are blowing it.

Update PageWhalers | Wolfpack | Player Page

Jack Durden:

Season 24 - *4 Star Cup Champions - Vancouver Whalers*
Season 36 - *Challenge Cup Champions - Texas Renegades*
Season 36 - *Anton Razov Trophy Winner - Playoff MVP - Texas Renegades*
Season 41 - *IIHF Gold Medalist - Team United Kingdom*
Season 41 - *Triple Gold Member*
**Vancouver Whalers Hall of Fame**
**Texas Renegades Hall of Fame**
**Hall of Fame Member**

08-24-2019, 01:34 PMNerio Wrote: One of the Tampa Bay skaters - Gunnar Soderberg or Olivier Cloutier - will win the Jesster award for the league's top rookie

Against: Buffalo's rookie sensation Monkey D Luffy will win the rookie of the year award this season. He will get buffalo out of their slump and be instrumental to their playoff push when he scores an ovechtrick against Tampa.

BS!

Monkey D. Luffy has always been a choker when it really matters. Series against Anchorage his sophomore year? 4-1 loss, and he did jack shit. Finals against Vancouver? Didn't show up for most of the games. I don't see what will be different this time around.

[Image: MCP_.gif]
     [Image: ICON1.png][Image: lions-button-updates.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-25-2019, 09:32 AM by FinnRhys. Edit Reason: Because I'm a moron )

08-25-2019, 08:34 AMMarc Bradford Wrote:
Quote:Wrap it up, let's just start the playoffs - the top two spots in the SMJHL standings belong to Detroit and Kelowna

Gotta say I'm against.  I mean Detroit, obviously.  But Kelowna are only three points ahead as of this writing and Vancouver, Halifax, or Montreal could catch them.  I'd say the odds are on Vancouver of those three, but with about fifteen games left, this isn't a wash yet.

Agreed! While I would love to see HFX make a run for the second seed (admittedly biased) I think Vancouver has the "easier" remaining schedule and has the best chance to jump into 2nd or 3rd. 15 games remain and Vancouver plays four of them against 9th place Anchorage which could give them a significant advantage in making up points.

Ultimately it will come down to the head to head matchups. HFX plays 5 remaining games against MTL and VAN. MTL also plays 5 games against HFX and VAN. Vancouver, on the other hand, plays only 4 more games against MTL and HFX, which provides yet another potential advantage.

Finally, you have to give Vancouver an advantage because of Kasperi Braulin and his prowess in net. He's a known entity and game-changer and is clearly the top goaltender in SMJHL. While his save percentage has dropped, his ability to change the dynamics of the game are undeniable and give the Whalers a great shot at jumping up to second in the standings.

WolfpackBlizzardRaptors  raiders Switzerland  FINN RHYS  Switzerland raiders Raptors Blizzard Wolfpack

[Image: hockey__27674.1518661372.1000.1200.jpg?c=2]

[Image: iOjAcRd.gif]

Code:
GOD McZehrl's impressive performance this season means that notorious trade was actually... a win for both sides!?

Against. This trade will never look great for Minnesota, even if McZehrl is surging the way he is. He is way too untrustworthy and has already had threats to move on from Minnesota. When you pay a big package in order to bring a guy in to be a co-GM, you expect the marriage to last more than one season.

Code:
60 words

[Image: theziegs.gif]
[Image: buster.gif]

Quote:The current standings will hold through the playoffs and we'll see a New England vs. Calgary matchup in the S49 Challenge Cup

While these teams has some superstar players I belive they neither of them will go all the way to the finals.
They lack the depth that's required for a deep playoff run.

RETIRED

No team is having a more disappointing season than the San Francisco Pride.

Against.

Yes, the pride are having some trouble this season although with 13 games left in there season. They are nine points out of third place in the western conference. One good hot streak would changes the Pride’s outlook quickly.

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

The current standings will hold through the playoffs and we'll see a New England vs. Calgary matchup in the S49 Challenge Cup

For. How could anyone not want to see these two go head to head at the end? You've got me on one side, and @hotdog on the other. The Armada boys coming back together for a head to head clash. You just gotta love it.

[Image: first.png]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img][img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img]
Maxime Bouchard
Armada Dragons Info - Updates  Dragons Armada
Richard Dickbutt McFudderdudder II
Armada Info - Updates Armada

For, the is having one heck of a season. Second on his team in points and playing all the tough defensive minutes. He has also already dished out 140 hits so far this season-- many of them bone crushing. Powerplay or penaltykill it does not matter.

Against: As a member of the awards committee I can say that we as a whole have a massive conspiracy against Cameron Carter II and the user Boomcheck and we will never allow him to get a Dar nomination.

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM