Create Account

S49 PT #4 - The Record Book

**S49 Suggestion Box Winner**
@Tomen  - feel free to claim an uncapped TPE!

[Image: YBuGdoN.png]

For this PT we're asking you to take a look at the ol' record book. We highly recommend you use either the Bojo Box or the SHL History forum section in this task.

Written task choices:
Pick 1 topic: 150 words or more
Pick 2 topics: 75 words or more each

"records" can refer to either single-season or career records!

The Tomen Special: What would you consider to be the most underrated SHL record in the current era? Explain yourself.

Which existing record (e.g., most goals, most wins, most hits, etc.) do you think will be broken by a currently active player? Explain yourself?

Which record would you say will be the hardest to break? Explain yourself!

Graphic Task:  Make a poster for one of the above topics (must include a player render, player name and team, and must mention the record that the player holds/the record that the player will break)

Additional Information:
You will receive 3 capped TPE for fulfilling all requirements.
This PT will close Sunday, September 1st at 10PM ET.

Welfare claims from either PBE or the NSFL are accepted! *If you’re claiming welfare and have a different username on the affiliates site then you need to state that in your post to get credit.*

THIS PT IS FOR SHL PLAYERS AND SEND DOWNS. IT IS NOT FOR SMJHL ROOKIES.

Any questions/concerns, please PM me.
Note: Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded.

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway
(This post was last modified: 08-31-2019, 10:24 PM by efiug.)

I think the hardest record to break is Micheal McFadden's 823 GP, basically it requires you to be a starter on a team for 19 seasons and not miss more than 12 games over that time period. The reason I feel this is harder than breaking Esa's GP record is that you can't really be a full time starter on a team  for the long run if you only have 700-900 tpe, while you can still be a serviceable 3rd liner at that amount. Also in my short search I couldn't find any goaltenders who had played longer than McFadden so I'd imagine that he played about the limit that goaltenders could. If someone was able to break that would be pretty impressive to me, since it is fairly luck reliant I'd say since I doubt that you could consistently be a top goaltender and be on a playoff team with such a small amount of TPE. Disclaimer though I know nothing about being a goalie and I could just be spitting straight lies.
(This post was last modified: 08-26-2019, 09:49 AM by luke.)

Fun Fact

In all seriousness I would want to go with a record that would not be broken for a very long time, as in the record that @Wasty holds in the amount of trades he have made in his career. With 102(ish) trades, he leads the league in most trades done by a GM. The closest active GM would be @Ace who is around 32 trades away from reaching Wastys record. With 102 trades over 34 seasons would be 3 trades a season, which seems like a fair amount considering everything.

Another Fun fact I would like to give everyone, is the most PKG in a single season, Which Riley Raycroft and Charlie Chiclets hold the record for. With 5 PKG in Season 9 and 11 respectively, that is really impressive, and now considering that Raycroft had a 38% SH% on the PK and Chiclets had a 41% SH% on the PK is an amazing stat to have. That is an insane that that I dont think would happen ever again.

172 words

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

O

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

The greatest record ever (after inflation era) is an easy one. Most goals by a defender, and most 20 goal seasons by a defender. A 20 goal season is an impressive feat for anyone, but for a defenseman to score that many goals is incredibly rare. One player was able to do this twice, and even scored 23 goals one time. That player is friedrich Muller. In todays SHL no one can reach 20 goals anymore because of the depth of lineups. Although Muller played on arguably one of the most stacked defensive corps of all time in the mid s20's Blizzard. Muller didnt win the stevens his 23 goal season, but he managed to win one when he went to buffalo to retire. A well deserved hall of famer, Mullers records likely will never be touched. He was a large body with an incredible shot, one of the most dangerous players on the ice, and there hasnt been anyone like him since except maybe charles walker

[Image: 34964_s.gif]
[Image: thd650h.png]
Affiliate of:
syndicate Steelhawks Whalers

I guess it's a bit of a lame choice but at at this point it seems super unlikely that the point scoring totals of the inflation era will ever be reached again. I mean, there is a reason it is called the inflation ear after all and why there were significant rule changes, including a chang of the sim engine, after this brief period that lasted from S9 to S11. So while Elias Armias 88 point season is an impressive feat, there still is an asterisk next to it just as there is with all the other scoring records of the time - for many people, the inflation seasons basically dont count when looking at records but they are still considered official so they are the ones to beat It would take a complete overhaul and revamp of the SHLs structure for a single player to reach these numbers again though, right now it is simply impossibly. 70 point seasons are very rare already and maybe someone can reach the 80 point mark again if the stars align, but 88? No chance. So far the closest anyone has ever gotten was VLAD McZehrl with 79 points in S34 and Chris York and Jason Visser with 78 in S40 and S41 respectively and so far those three are the only players to ever have more than 75 points in a seasons.
(This post was last modified: 08-30-2019, 03:05 AM by 5ympathies.)

The current single season SV% record is .932 set by Micheal McFadden only 5 seasons ago in S44. My team, New England Wolfpack's, very own, Johannes Leitner is extremely close to breaking it. Considered to be a "sieve" of a goalie only last season by GM Ace, Leitner has had an amazing comeback season, currently sitting at .930 with 6 shutouts in his 39 games played. He is right on the edge of toppling the previous record. One or two more strong performances to end to season and we could easily be discussing his record breaking season. This season, he has led the pack to 28 wins with only 9 losses and 2 overtime losses. One more shutout would also place him into the top 10 for single season shutouts in the SHL as well. Regardless of if he breaks the record or not, I can only hope he continues his strong play into the playoffs, where New England hasn't been found for many seasons.

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

(This post was last modified: 09-01-2019, 03:31 PM by FinnRhys.)

Dont know how but apparently I forgot I put a PH in. So my actual response for this PT is linked here. My bad.

WolfpackBlizzardRaptors  raiders Switzerland  FINN RHYS  Switzerland raiders Raptors Blizzard Wolfpack

[Image: hockey__27674.1518661372.1000.1200.jpg?c=2]

[Image: iOjAcRd.gif]

I don't think we're ever going to see an era in which Danny Foster's hits record is ever broken. The player was unique, the product of an individual and a willingness to do what nobody every had done before, and likely what nobody ever will do in the future. When we have juniors GMs outright saying they refuse to even draft a player built like him, what are the chances we'll see anyone even come close to the level he was at? When you look at the record itself, it's amazing to think that his total of 300 is 40 above the second place player in hits for a single season - fascinatingly, with second place belonging to himself. It's pretty impressive to see the kind of performances Foster was able to put up throughout his career, and I highly doubt we'll ever see a player like him again, let alone anyone who can even hold a candle to his hits total.

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia

Code:
The Tomen Special: What would you consider to be the most underrated SHL record in the current era? Explain yourself.

I consider the most underrated SHL record to be the "Best +/ - in a season" because people often only look at the most goals, assists or points for a reason. Looking at the +/ - is something a lot of SHL fans don't deem as a good record because people see this as being lucky that a player gets to play on a good team so of course they would have a good +/- rating. 

However, for example @Leafs4ever Hercules Rockefeller holds the best +/- rating in the regular season during the realism era with a +42 rating back in the S45. I know personally I struggle myself to even have an even rating for my player, so being able to be +42 during a season is incredible for Hercules Rockefeller.

These are some of the reasons why I consider the "Best +/ - in a season" the most underrated SHL record in the current era for the SHL.

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 

The most underrated record in the SHL has to be the most career face offs taken in the history of the league and multiverse. It's got to be a pretty hard record to set and all, you know takes a lot of face off taking abilities, which aren't too common, or uncommon, actually pretty normal if you think about it. I think anyone who sets that record has to be kind of dumb though, I mean it's pointless, but that's what makes it such a good pick for being an underrated record. It probably needs to be underrated even more so. That way nobody tries to get it, cause that'd be really lame if anyone were to even set that record in the first place. The SHL should just remove the ability to even update face offs, so that way nobody can do anything and we all go home.

[Image: 4sN9yMR.png]

http://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/i...t&p=102360

[Image: giphy.gif]

(This post was last modified: 08-27-2019, 09:35 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

Which existing record (e.g., most goals, most wins, most hits, etc.) do you think will be broken by a currently active player? Explain yourself?

All time Hits leaderboard:
1. Taylor McDavid, 3434
2. Jonathan Lundberg, 3173
3. Willie Weber, 3169
4. Barney Stinson, 2704
5. Carter O'Callahan, 2689
6. Alonzo Garbanzo, 2587
7. Maximilian Wachter, 2576
8. Mike Izzy, 2498
9. Kristian Eriksson, 2471
10. Slappy McDoodle, 2368
11. Mia Landvik, 2350
12. Joe McKeil, 2333
13. Bubba Nuck, 2330
14. Brandon Donini, 2330
15. Jorma Ruutu, 2305
16. Big Manious, 2302
17. Zallerras Szlerchek, 2256
18. Vasily Horvat, 2220
19. Grigori Pajari, 2217
20. David Winter, 2212

Taylor Mcdavid (who changed his name mid career) was a forward who played for 21 seasons retiring in season 28 and ending with the all time hits total at 3434....a record which has stood for more then 20 seasons. During this stint bruiser forward Jonathan Lundberg came the closest to over taking McDavid coming within 300 hits of the record. In interviews Jonathan admitted that his final few seasons in the SHL was all about that hit total... but that 3434 total out stood the endurance of the hard hitting Lundberg.

But now there’s another player eyeing that record and his name is Mike Izzy. Sporting a 190+ average hit total during his career, Izzy moved into 10th place all time in S48 and with 142 hits through 41 games in s49.. Izzy currently sits in 8th place about 950 hits behind McDavid.

Izzy is into the 15% regression pool so keeping up that ferocious hit pace may be difficult... that said if Izzy and his 1820 TPE build decides to play 5-6 more seasons that 3434 record could be in serious jeopardy.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Code:

I honestly think the record of "Most shut outs in a single season" by Tom Corcoran will be next to impossible to break. First and foremost the record was set 36 seasons ago. The closest anyones gotten was set in season 26. The closest recent season was season 32. Now there is some merit to Johannes Leitner getting close, however we're over half way through the current season and hes only half way there. I believe player builds have become so fine tuned that it will be almost impossible for a goalie to pitch a perfect game 1/5 of the season. I cant for the life of me begin to fathom why a feat like that took place in an era dubbed "the realism era". We can only assume the realism is for closeness to IRL hockey, however thats like a goalie getting 17 shutouts in a single season, a feat only accomplished if you take the shutout leader of the 17/18 season, and add it to that of the 18/19 season.

[Image: xVW1vec.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png] |  | [Image: JvdaXOj.png]
[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

Code:
The Tomen Special: What would you consider to be the most underrated SHL record in the current era? Explain yourself.

The most underrated record in the SHL is assists in a season. I say that because the attention always goes to the points leader and the goals leader. You rarely ever look at the assists, but the players getting them are the ones running the play. The inflation era assist numbers are ridiculous, with Armia leading it with 60 in one season. The current era's leader is Chris Partlow with 49 and I think we should look at the passer's the same as the goal scorers. It's not as sexy as goals, but the goal scorers will tell you how important the passer is. 60 is a lofty goal to chase, but I hope to see more players chase Partlow's 49 assists and re-write the history books.

(127 words)

Code:

I think the hardest record to break is going to be the points in a season record. Currently, it's held by Elias Armia with 88 points. It happened during the inflation era which is why it will be difficult to break. VLAD McZehrl has come the closest in the current era with 79 points, but that's with everything going right and dominating every game and still 9 points behind. The way the league is built and the players that have failed to get to that level, I can't see another player reaching that number.

(94 words)

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
27-7-1
Regular Season - [G 4] [A 8] [Pts 12] [+/- +24] [PIM 20] [Hits 18] [SB 74]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]