Create Account

S49 PT #4 - The Record Book

Looking at the Bojo box, I think that there is one specific record from the modern era that is unlikely to be broken anytime soon and that is Danny Foster’s single season hit record. 300 hits in a season averages out to 6 hits per game and requires an incredible amount of consistency to achieve that over the course of a 50 game season. There has only been two players to come within 75 hits of Foster’s record in the last 10 seasons, with Dani Forsberg having 234 in S44 and Vasily Horvat having 225 in S43. With the trend for players in the SHL moving away from the physical game and trying to improve in regards to speed, skill and general ability, I think that it is unrealistic to expect anyone to break the record anytime soon. Too many things would have to break right for someone to even get in the same realm as Foster’s record, so I don’t see it being broken.

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

A somewhat underrated record that I think will never be broken in the SHL unless we expand by an unreasonable amount of teams or gets some rule changes is the most Shots in a season record currently held by VLAD McZehrl with 364 shots in S32.

That was quite the feat and the difference to the 2nd place is even 26 shots which is more than half a shot per season. So unless the SHL changes the amount of games played in a season I don't really see this record being broken because there are a few factors that all need to be checked pretty well with some additional luck.

#1 would be that you need a shit ton of ice time. Vlad McZehrl played 27.86 minutes per night which is crazy considering the most minutes per game this season were 25.77 by NEW defender Kalju. That's due to a rule change that happened which needs each team to play 9 unique forwards on the top 3 lines to discourage double shifting which was still quite a thing when McZ was able to set his record.

#2 is something that is also a bit harder to accomplish but still doable. It's being the clear cut #1 option on the team as a forward. STHS our sim engine rewards great players on bad teams with good individual success so kind of like Lokitonov this season on Toronto is what you need.

#3 being a shoot first player. This is the easiest requirement but you definitely need to be a player that has more scoring than Passing otherwise your player won't take that many shots.

To give some context on how hard it is to break this record: 300 shots was only achieved 3 more times. 2 times by Flacko on the Chiefs and once by York on TOR. York was the latest one of these in S40 which is already 9 seasons ago.

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

Which record would you say will be the hardest to break? Explain yourself!

I think the record that's going to be the hardest/impossible to break is the best Goals Against Average in a season. At this point the record is held by Fernando Garcia (S3). He posted a 1.71 GAA that season. Since then, the record hasn't even come close to being broken, the next record being 1.78 GAA which was during Season 5.

I don't think this record will be broken because of 2 reasons:

The first reason is I think that players are just too good nowadays. The scoring in this league is much higher than it used to be. There are TPE whores on every team, and that makes it impossible for goalies to really carry their team.

The second reason is that I don't think goalies are good enough these days. High earning TPE forwards and defensemen can carry a team, while I think the ceiling for goalies is just "good", not "great".

[Image: nubbedindaribs.gif]

The record for most Challenge Cup wins in the Simulation Hockey League is five. It sounds like a very difficult record to match, let alone beat. However, I think it can be broken by active players and now let me tell you why. You see, already many of those with five won them all with the same team. And I see one team in the Simulation Hockey League as capable of beating this success of teams like the Calgary Dragons and that team would be the Buffalo Stampede. There are many players on that team who already have two Challenge Cups and they can easily win some more. I think three more in the next ten seasons is easily a very achievable number for a team like that. The Stampede just have a stacked roster and prospect pipeline that it is hard to imagine they are constant competitors. So I think soon we will see some Buffalo players matching or even breaking that record.

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2019, 07:04 PM by Kylrad.)

The hardest record to break in my opinion will be the one set by Gorlab and his player Steven Jalopski. in fact id be pretty confident in saying it will never be broken. In season 27 of the SHL, Gorlab got permanently banned from the SHL. However in order not to screw over his team his player Steven Jalopski was allowed to finish off the season before being retired. During that season Steven Jalopski won his first ever cup in his last year of play with the Calgary Dragons who also hadn't won a cup in 18 seasons. Not only that but in his last moments on ice in the SHL after the cup Jalopski then led Team Canada to another gold and won the IIHF top forward concluding his career and a run of Canadian IIHF dominance that wasn't seen again since his departure with medals 6 straight seasons in a row. Because of this i think this record will never be broken as how many users will manage to get permanently banned, win a cup, win an IIHF gold and win the top IIHF Forward award all within a season.

[Image: Kylrad2.gif]
[Image: Kylrad.gif]

This is honestly a hard one for me to pick, since I have not delved into the SHL history until today, but I will go on a record that has been standing since S14. I believe that the hardest record to break is the "Most Power Play Goals in a Single Season", currently held by Willie Weber. Willlie must have been eating his beans by then, because his 16 PP goals in the S14 season with the Winnipeg Jets has been unmatched, with the closest player within the last 15 seasons being The Dude (S45 TEX) and Mikko Lina (S37 WKP). This even beats the 32-Game era and the Inflation era records, both standing at 13. I seriously doubt we will see this record being broken, as for context, the 16 PP goals constituted for roughly 75% for his total goal count that season (21 goals). for someone to come even close to this tally, they would have to dedicate themselves to becoming one of the best PP merchant in SHL history, and whilst players like Sanyi Kocsis, The Dude and Karsten Kadinder can make a lving on the PP, it take something special to beat Willie Weber's unbeliveable S14 PP season.

[Image: ProjectSaint.gif]
Sig Credit: Flappy (EVO) and Skolpaddor (RESO)

EMEKA VALENTINE-OKOLI/PLAYER

First SMJHL Goal: Colorado Raptors, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Mikelis Ozoliņš 4, Loki Odinsson 3) at 3:12, 2nd Period (GWG) / SMJHL S47 Game 47 Day 12: Colorado Raptors vs Detroit Falcons
First SHL Goal: Texas Renegades, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Josef Kubinec 5, Ricky Spanish 4) at 16:23, 2nd Period / SHL S51 Game 71 Day 16: Edmonton Blizzard vs Texas Renegades

Eternal RaptorsRaptors Old, onwards we roll Rage

And Let's Retire at the Pinnacle

Code:

I believe that the hardest record to break will be the Regular Season Games Played/Seasons Played Record held by Esa Anrikkanen. The current record held by Anrikkanen is a total of 29 SHL seasons with the Calgary Dragons and 1458 Games Played. The closest player to Esa is Joe McKeil, who played 25 seasons with 1248 games played. This is a record that I think will never be broken. It is so hard with the way regression hits to stay afloat for 20 seasons, I just can't see anyone going to 30. Not only did Anrikkanen play all these games, Esa actually has the most points in SHL regular season history. It wasn't some third liner who was on the roster to fill out the starting lineup. This is arguably the greatest player in the history of the SHL. And to do it with only one team is just that more impressive. The only way for someone to beat the record would be to play 50 games for 30 consecutive seasons and that would give them 1500 games played. That's just not happening ever.

Code:
185 words

[Image: RBQhWRP.png]
[Image: sLnhTvh.jpg]

The Tomen Special: What would you consider to be the most underrated SHL record in the current era? Explain yourself.

I think the most underrated record is Alonzo Garbanzo’s career shot block record. Coming in at 1882 shots blocked over his 24 season long career. I think it’s an underrated record as it shows how consistent defensively Garbanzo was. Other players have long careers similar to Garbanzo with Bubba Nuck, Brandon Cant, and Willie Weber but none of them are close to Garbanzo’s numbers. Even recent players like Ben Dover, and Schroder are close but still 400-500 blocks away from Garbanzo.

After looking over the records I honestly think Michael McFadden’s games played record of 823 GP might end up one of the hardest to break. Esa Anrikkanen’s game played record has been brought up and it is quite the pillar of pedigree but I think goalie dedication might be harder to grab and maintain in the SHL. The next closest goalie to McFadden is Mark Harter with nearly 100 less games played and with only one less season played. It’s very hard to break as the goalie must obtain loads of TPE and maintain starter status late into ones career on successful teams.

[Image: shepard.png][Image: giphy.gif][Image: TFOzBaZ.gif]

Thanks to @FlappyGiraffe and @ToeDragon84 for the making these sick sigs!

Quote:                            First Goal (3rd Game): Commander Shepard 1 (Nick Brain 1, Noah Gallagher 2) at 8:48

I think the record that is going to be broken by a current player is the number of career assists because I am going to break it myself. I have a very clear strategy for doing this. I finished this regular season with eighteen assists, a number I feel I can easily double once I am out of my rookie season. But in order to accomplish a record-breaking career of assists, I will have to train extremely hard. The first step in this training regimen will be staying extremely hydrated. I will keep no less than an entire case of gatorade stocked in my home at all times in order to ensure that I am able to drink enough liquid to fuel my workouts. Secondly, I need to stay motivated. I anticipate adopting some more very energetic dogs and I will train them to insist on taking their walks at varying intervals (so I can't get away with taking them all out at once). My third step in ensuring that I break this record will be refusing to retire until absolutely every team refuses to sign me.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: nbb.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

Esa Anrikkanen's most games with a single team is almost certainly the last record that will be broken. His total games alone will most likely never be touched, and having all those games with a single team is even more difficult of a feat. Only a fellow GM or someone who really goes after those NTC contracts would have the same opportunity to break that record. Lots of players do stick with one team their whole career but with the possibility of being traded existing, it just throws one extra variable fighting against being able to beat this record. From the looks of it, even those that are or were "close" are still over 100 games behind Esa. Something pretty significant would have to happen with regression in order for most people to feel that it's worth continuing to pump TPE into a player that's losing a large % of it every season for this to be feasible.

[Image: On57CfR.gif]
  Knights Usa Stampede Patriotes Inferno Argonauts Aurora Renegades Stampede   

PBE Claim

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2019, 09:53 PM by c00kies.)

Elias Armia's 88 points is wild and almost unheard of now a days. I put this in a similar category as Gretzky's 200 point season, where the only way it would have been beaten is by someone in that same era. VLAD came the closest at 79, but he was also playing a lot of minutes and had a great team to help him get that total, and the only way i see someone passing that is if they play over 30 minutes a game, which is probably impossible in the current era, so that's why Armia's 88 points is the hardest record to break.

Honorable mention to ESA's 1458 games played, as that is also an unbelievable feat, and it was done all with one team. This one will be hard to beat since regression is tough and will probably get tougher in the future, making getting more games and longer careers an exception rather than the norm. This is similar to Armia's record in that the Era they played in Is a big reason why the record will be hard to break.

Esa Anrikkanen has played all 50 games for 29 straight seasons......with *all* of them being in a Calgary jersey. There's a lot of players who've entered the SHL, so I can't fact check, but I'd imagine that the mean length of a career in the league is about half of that. 29 seasons in the league is mind-boggling enough, but to do it all for one team is even crazier. Of course, teams want to retain their stars, and without a shadow of a doubt, he's proven to be a great player over the course of his career, having multiple 40 and 50 point seasons, but to stay with the same team for that long in a career means being able to avoid conflict of interest in negotiating contracts, declining potentially juicy trades, and a lot more. So to stick through all of that, win some cups, ride out some years of missing the playoffs, and finishing a lengthy (to say the least) career with the same time is very impressive, and I'm not sure if that'll be broken.

[Image: noahshl.gif]

Switzerland Outlaws Chiefs  Player Page  Updates  Chiefs Outlaws Switzerland

I think the hardest record to break would be plus and minus because you cant control the outcome, you need a great team + line mates to have a positive outcome and a little luck. A player from the Minnesota Chiefs, Niclas Wastlund achieved a +48 and did it while going to the box 13 times and almost had a perfect season. This record has stood for the past 38 seasons and I don't see anybody coming close because the next best is from a player who played in season 45 but had a +42 and only went to the box 4 times. Being involved in almost a goal every game is impressive and Wastlund did it while being productive on the scoring sheet, only 8 of his points resulted in a minus and the other 48 helped fuel his team to victory. You cant really plan on breaking this record because too many variables come in play.

(158 words)