S49 PT #4 - The Record Book

teeps

Jack Tanner (D) - [Player Page] [Player Updates]

[Image: mH3z832.png]

[Image: Beaver.gif]
One sig is tweed's and the other was a karlssens/Copenhagen collab

AC | Bank | Claims

Esa Anrikkanen - 1458 games played.

In case anyone is keeping track of how long that would actually be in SHL seasons, it's 29.16. So lets safely round that down to 29. In real life time, you have to reckon we finish what? 4 seasons? Per year? Maybe 5 if we are lucky. So that would expect you to keep your SHL player currently for roughly (let say its 5 per year) 5.8 years in real life. Now with a sim league that's based on text generated stats alone, and the only goal at that point is an attempt to out last his games, would anyone be able to sit on here for 6 years with one player until they pass the threshold? It's near un beatable for me when I look at it. That's an insane amount of time for one player and the sheer dedication it would take for someone to keep fighting off regression for that long to keep themselves relevant is almost beyond comprehension for me. This is a record that I doubt will ever be matched, unless we get someone who goes IA near the top of their TPE heights and then returns to fight it off as long as possible. For any true active member to stick it out that long with one player is just insanity to me and won't be touched.

[Image: 4zfXx6o.gif]

PBE PT

I think the record that will be hardest to break is the great Esa Anrikkanen’s record of most seasons played in a career with 29. Let’s make this perfectly clear. Anrikkanen, who won many Challenge Cups with the Calgary Dragons, was and is Calgary’s general manager, and is one of the best scorers and players in general in SHL history, played a grand total of 29 seasons. TWENTY. NINE. This guy fought off regression for EIGHTEEN SEASONS. EIGHTEEN SEASONS!!! No one guy can love the league so much that they can keep a guy active for 29 season and can love his player so much that he can fight off regression for longer than most SHL players play at all. Anrikkanen’s quite simply amazing record of longevity will never be broken. Sure, players like Kristian Eriksson with 24 seasons have come close. But no one will beat 29. That number is simply insane.

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs
(This post was last modified: 08-26-2019, 10:21 AM by esilverm.)

Which record would you say will be the hardest to break? Explain yourself!

The St Louis Scarecrows have some pretty low records to be broken such as most points in a season, but I think the hardest Scarecrows record to beat will be most points in a career. This is because not only do you have to be a top scorer on the team with your capped build AND go inactive before your 5th season so you can clear waivers, you also have to be able to score about 40 points per season consistently. If somebody were to break it in 4 seasons, they would have to get about 50 points per season including their rookie season. It is a very feasible record to break but will require a lot of coordination, patience, and sim luck. I dont think I will be able to eclipse the record, but I may be able to pass the record for most points in 4 seasons with the Scarecrows which would be an honor in itself.

Pass Forfeit (D) ● Player Profile
Kraken Rage Panthers

[Image: esilverm.gif]
Special thanks to Blitz, jhockey, Ragnarr, and sulo for the gorgeous sigs <3

[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-29-2019, 10:00 AM by StaticShocked.)

(173 words)
One of the hardest records that I'd like to see broken is the single-season PIM record. This record is currently held by former Edmonton Blizzard forward Seth Plaut with 261 PIM way back in season 6. Now, I understand that having a "fight first" enforcer on a team can take away valuable playing time from someone who can benefit the team in infinite more ways, but it could be interesting to see just how many fights someone can rack up over the course of a 50 game season. Further adding on to this point, I want to see if the record of 185 5-minute penalties also held by Seth Plaut can be broken. If we assume all 185 penalty minutes are fighting majors, that means that Plaut earned himself a 5 minute major in 37 out of the 50 games the Blizzard played during season 6. While the SHL is moving away from physical, enforcer-type guys, maybe we can make *one* exception to see if anyone can conquer the record held by Plaut.

[Image: leblaVa.gif]
Shoutout to @adamantium for the sig! <3

Code:

The hardest record to beat would have to be most points scored in a season. I mean, I'm obviously quite new to the SHL and so I'm not in tune with how the league has run all of these seasons, but it seems like Elias Armia's record of 88 points will be almost impossible to eclipse. I mean, it's a small sample size, but in the just two seasons I've been a member here, the league's top scorer has been DeMarcus Smyth with 62 points and Flaco Lagerfield with 66 points. Even taking Lagerfield's total as the higher number, that's fully 23 points away from besting the record, which makes this record seem like it very well may never be broken. Now, if we go all the way back to S40, you get an even better look at why this total will stand the test of time. Over the last eight seasons, the highest accumulated point total is 78, which is held by two players (Chris York in S40 and Jason Visser in S41). I realize that the league has been running for much longer than this, but you would think that if this record were to be broken at some point, then someone would have made it a little bit closer than ten points from tying it.

[Image: MrStennett08.gif]

Scarecrows Usa Blizzard Panthers Patriotes Stars

Which existing record (e.g., most goals, most wins, most hits, etc.) do you think will be broken by a currently active player? Explain yourself?

The most Hits record will EASILY be smashed by Akashi SixNine. This kid came into the league as a hitting machine, while it has taken a step back in his first year with the Steelhawks, his hitting prowess has continued to improve on his new team and he demolishes opposing forwards with his big heavy body. Unless SixNine decided to retire early, or move a lot of this TPE out of checking, this record is his to break. (78 words)

The all-time points record held by Esa Anrikannen, and this is not because I do not think anyone cannot play that many games, but it is the sheer notion that most players, and I mean like 99% of users on the Simulation Hockey League would get so so bored with a player, especially after 20+ seasons. So unless a player comes into the league scoring at a ridiculous pace for his first few seasons, and I am talking like 90+ points a year, there is no way that record gets touched. (92 words)

Akashi SixNine Jr. Updates

(This post was last modified: 08-26-2019, 04:25 PM by slothfacekilla.)

Code:
Pick 1 topic: 150 words or more: Which existing record (e.g., most goals, most wins, most hits, etc.) do you think will be broken by a currently active player? Explain yourself

I tried looking this up in the Bojo Box (also in the records forum, but they are all positive records sadly) and it doesn't look like it is tracking this for careers (or I can't figure out how to do it)... but I really wanted to know who holds the record for worst plus minus over their career because I know for a fact Jimmy Slothface is going to break that record.  So my career goal is most... minuses I guess.  I've been minus pretty much wherever I've played so far in my career, no matter what linemates I have.  I think I had a spurt in Vancouver on the third line where I was positive for a bit, but I think I was still negative overall there.  In New Orleans I'm currently on a line with both of our GMs and I'm still putting up minuses like no one's business.  It is a very unique talent I have and I think it could carry me all the way to the career record of most minuses for a SHL player.  Esa is probably going to be very jealous of my minuses, but he can't have every record in the book.

I also probably have a good chance at breaking the record of most consecutive 3 on 3 tasks gotten wrong.

Edit: after the trade today I think Paq probably is going to break the record for most trades involved in dear lord

[Image: 66818_s.gif]
(This post was last modified: 08-26-2019, 01:38 PM by Tate.)

In my opinion one of the records that will be hardest to break is Taylor McDavid’s total HIT record of 3434. McDavid accomplished this mighty feat in a total of 22 seasons and has created enough of a gap between himself and the number two record holder, Jonathan Lundberg. The answer as to how McDavid amassed this record is not clear, you can see that his longevity was high with 22 seasons but there are players who are high in the HIT category that player longer than McDavid but were not as effective. What is clear however is that whatever the build was for McDavid it allowed him to be an extremely effective hitter and truly put him above the rest when it comes to hitting the highest of highs in this statistical category. It remains to be seen whether or not any other SHL player will be able to defeat McDavid’s HIT record, as even just getting close to hit seems to be a milestone in of itself. I tip my hat to McDavid, as it can be seen by the numbers alone that the player truly understood what it took to reach such a formidable and respectable number.

[Image: p82ugau.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-26-2019, 02:06 PM by Rublic.)

The One record that I don't believe will ever be broken is Currently held by @Steelhead77 and @c00kies which is most cups by a general manager tandem. As there is currently no General Manager in the SHL with more than 1 cup win I believe it is almost impossible for another General Manager tandem to surpass what Esa and C00kies have been able to achieve in Calgary. The Dragons looked poised for another strong playoff run and hopefully can add another trophy to the full trophy case they currently have. No matter the season the Dragons always seem to be in contention and in those few seasons where they were considered rebuilding they still overachieved and had a successful campaign. They are in a great position right now with a fantastic prospect pool and so much depth that most of their send downs are required to stay down for four seasons before they will have room for them on their roster. THis allows their prospects to really refine their game in the SMJHL before making the leap to the Dragons. One of the biggest factors that contributes to their success is the locker room environment, player retention and of course All the Chicken Parms you could ever want!

S52 "A" Alternate Captain of the Calgary Dragons
"GM" - Former Prince George Firebirds and Regina Force General Manager
"C" - Former Captain of the Halifax Raiders
S48 Brandon Holmes Trophy Recipient - Top Defensive Forward

FirebirdsScarecrowsraiders - TimberGrizzliesArmadaCanadaDragonsBlizzardStars - PlatoonSpecters
Davos Otasrob Player Page
Davos Otasrob Player Updates

Hardest record to break: +/- (48) - Niclas Wastlund (S11)

So everyone knows the saying, right place at the right time, and people can argue that that saying can apply a lot to +/-, but I don't think it's all luck. Instead, +/- indicates a few things - how good your line is, how many scoring chances you guys generate, how many chances you supress, etc. And looking at the +/- stats and the fast-paced, high scoring game of hockey today, I just don't think that anyone will top Wastlund's unbelievable 48 +/- record. I mean think about how many shifts you generally play in a season, and you would have to be on the ice for at least 48 goals scored. I say at least because as we all know, if you're on the ice for a goal against it dinks your number down. In order to beat this record, you would have to be on an incredibly gifted line with insane synergy, your opponents hate the thought of having to play against you, and your scoring would have to be through the roof. Also, you'd have to have an elite netminder on top of all of this because as we all know, the goalies can really save your lines ass when things go south quick. Unfortunately, with the game that it exists today, it's hard to believe a line will be so dominant in today's cap struck era that I feel that this record is here to stay.

[Image: PvZbGlD.png]
[Image: FszcRvP.png]
Thanks @"AndrewWarren13" for the sig

Code:

I believe the hardest record to break in the SHL is going to be Jason Visser's face-off wins of 13795. He has 1,239 more face-off wins than the 2nd place leader. This is incredible. That will be a hard record to break as more and more talented centers enter the league. The Jets leaned on him very hard for face-off wins and I'm not sure we will ever see someone with opportunity to even be in position to win that many. Visser took 25,680 face-offs in his career for a win percentage of almost 54%. That's a really solid number for a career in the dot. Well over 2,000 more face-offs taken the next challenger on the list. To be that consistently good over such a long career is no easy task. Not to mention, he's in the top 10 of point scorers all time. It might be a while until we see a center that is this dominant in the league. Right now there doesn't seem to be anyone who will be able to challenge this record and I expect it to stand for a long time.

Mika Kandinsky Stars 

[Image: mika_kandinsky.gif]

Code:
Which existing record (e.g., most goals, most wins, most hits, etc.) do you think will be broken by a currently active player? Explain yourself?

Pretty simple, the games played record which is currently held by Esa Anrikkanen which sits at 1458 regular season games played over the course of his 29 season career which existed in over 4 SHL decades, teens, 20s, 30s, and finally retiring in S46 from the great game of Hockey. Who do i think will break this? Why thats simple, none other than DeMaricus Smyth himself, of the New Orleans Specters. How is he going to break it? Well by having a minimum of a 30 season career that will result in at least 1500 games played. Why is he going to break it? Once again a pretty simple reason, the Regression system is broken and I might as well expose it, ala the ol King method, before it finally gets fixed. When will this take place? S70, ya know the one after S69 which should be the nicest season in SHL History.

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

Code:

So with very little real research I think the most unbreakable record is Joe Kurczewski's @JKortesi81 record of all-time playoff points. Joe is still an active player in the league and has made the playoff every season of his 16 year career to date. He currently has racked up a total of 197 points in 189 games. The next closest player is another active in Terrance Nova, but he sits 69 points (nice) behind with 128 points in 119 games. But both were called up in the same season in S33 and are only a season apart in terms of regression (Joe at S31 and Nova at S32), so the age difference isn't enough for it to be a real threat. The main thing is the sheer number of games Joe has racked up in his career. Both being called up in S33, Joe has racked up 70 more playoff games than Nova in the same number of seasons overall. Even if Joe were to retire this offseason, I can comfortably say that Nova won't rack up the points this deep in regression as he would need to.

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]