Create Account

S49 PT #5: The Meta PT

Option A:

I love talking about anything involving the player themselves. I'll use EVO as an example. Everytime we have a PT based around the player's backstory or what the player enjoys/hates on and off the ice, it feels like we get to see our player grow. When I started using EVO, I wasn't fully set on his personality, but the more PTs I done with him and the longer I used him, I got to flesh out his personality, his likes, preferences and his backstory. Without knowing more about him, I wouldn't have as much of a connect with EVO as I do now, probably meaning I wouldn't be as engaged in SHL as I am now.

[Image: ProjectSaint.gif]
Sig Credit: Flappy (EVO) and Skolpaddor (RESO)

EMEKA VALENTINE-OKOLI/PLAYER

First SMJHL Goal: Colorado Raptors, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Mikelis Ozoliņš 4, Loki Odinsson 3) at 3:12, 2nd Period (GWG) / SMJHL S47 Game 47 Day 12: Colorado Raptors vs Detroit Falcons
First SHL Goal: Texas Renegades, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Josef Kubinec 5, Ricky Spanish 4) at 16:23, 2nd Period / SHL S51 Game 71 Day 16: Edmonton Blizzard vs Texas Renegades

Eternal RaptorsRaptors Old, onwards we roll Rage

And Let's Retire at the Pinnacle

My favorite kind of PT is any one where I have the option to talk about my player as a person or character, so I lean towards the back story type of tasks. The simulation itself is just numbers, and it's cool to plug the numbers in and get results, but there are only so many combinations you can really make out of all those numbers, and to me the most interesting players are the ones people have gone to the effort of fleshing out and making them feel like real people with real back stories. These are also the most fun for me to write, because I have put a lot of creative energy into trying to make my player feel like a character and not just a set of stats. I know other folks are in other leagues as well and I totally understand not everybody is into the storyline sort of stuff, but I always love it when that's an option, and that's a lot more fun for me than having to go look up old stats from before I joined the site and such.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: nbb.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

A. A. My favorite type is PT is something that has to do with the player’s back-story or something that occurred off the ice. The PT where people can simply rehash a few stats and make statement of reason are a bit boring to me. Do not get me wrong those PT are easy to crack down so they certainly have their purpose in my mind and I am not purposing not to have those PTs. I just prefer the PT where we hear about what happened at the post game party or what happen when the team’s bus got in to a car accident or who got drunk and the team’s holiday party and what did they do. Those are my favorite written PTs.

Words ~124

D. I do not need 100 words.
Love you Izzy. @Mike Izzy

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

D. Say 100+ words of nice things about Mike Izzy

@Mike Izzy truly is one of the best shl users to ever become one of thousands to join the site. He has done so much for the site. He constantly has put out quality media ever since joining the league. He has done fantastic work as head of the awards committee for a short time, head of the post task department, and I know he has done a lot of work over there in Calgary to help Esa. He is one of the best personalities on the site and always keeps his head up even when people trash him at every opportunity. You the man Izz.

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

I honestly love prediction PT, yes i know it's probably the answer your looking for but hear me out. Almost every written PT is just word fodder fluff, You have ( the site, not you Izzy ) have us write 100-150+ words each week about bull shit. It dosent help the site, it dosent help the user, all it does is give members a useless task to complete that in no way betters humankind.

Now I am not saying I can do better, nor the hundred PT heads before you but our system is boring as fuck and only read once or twice before its lost in useless internet space. At least predictions are a gamble and I find them much more interesting.

[Image: c3936a1e67537ed2c9716b30ba8432ee.png]

BUBBA -- Roster===Updates

Bojo Machine
League of Accomplished Players
Player builder

Quote:A. What is your favorite type of PT? Backstory-related? Current happenings in the league (e.g., stats and standings)? Prompts about your player as an on-ice figure? Prompts about your player as an off-ice figure? Prompts about other players? (Not looking for specific ideas here, just looking to get a sense of what types of things people like)

I don't necessarily have a favorite type of PT. However, I do have a least-favorite type of PT: prompts concerning other types of players. These PTs definitely have their pros, but the cons, in my opinion, heavily outweigh. These type of PTs force interaction between players on the site or they force a user to get more creative than they usually are in their writing. For some users, this interaction or this forced creativity isn't a bad thing. It's something that they do every day or its something that they have at their disposal to be able to pull out in those moments. But for those who don't have the creativity to fake it or the reach to talk to someone (ex: a quiet/self conscious rookie in a quiet locker room), these PTs are hard to do.

[Image: 60859_s.gif]
Aleksi Kettu
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]

Option A
My favorite type of PT is mainly backstory. I really like to give a story to my character and imagine how his life would be. I also like it because some people come up with very original ideas and really give their best to give their player a good story. Some others take it not as serious and make it funny. So reading other people's PT is actually enjoyable, compared to other types of PT, because it's not mostly people just trying to get passed 150 words. Besides that, I don't really mind the other PTs, it's just that I'm not as motivated to do them.

106 words

[Image: BriePK.gif]
|Canada |Steelhawks| Armada|

|Canada| Inferno| Knights|

[Image: unknown.png]

My favorite PT by far is when we have backstory PTs. What drew me into this site the most when I first joined was the prospect of creating a player whose story I could shape and fold and write, not so much the in-sim action (though that’s fun too). My favorite PTs in the past have had me talk about the personal life of my player as it pertains to certain situations, whether it’s locker room interactions, roommate interactions, etc. Prompts about other players and/or statistical analysis about them tire me and make me not want to do a PT frankly, because in a way ... I don’t really feel that we should be obligated to care about it? I don’t know, that’s just me.

[Image: shlpris41.gif]
sig credits
[Image: FJ4Sjuj.png] |[Image: apAE8qn.png] | [Image: uEsOaLl.png]
[Image: 2dtdoyf.png]
Former affiliates: raiders Jets Stars

C. What is your favorite/most memorable PT from your time on the site?

My rookie season in the SMJHL was S47, so I don't have too many to choose from, but my favorite PT as of right now had to have been the Big Brother Program from earlier this season. While I do feel more than comfortable talking to everyone in the Minnesota Chiefs' locker room, I felt appreciative of seeing some of the SHLers swoop in to give a little advice. @Leppish and @TheHockeyist accompanied me in the program, and while the tales of looking for a house to buy, working in a laboratory, and getting drinks might've been a bit exotic, I wouldn't want it any other way.

[Image: noahshl.gif]

Switzerland Outlaws Chiefs  Player Page  Updates  Chiefs Outlaws Switzerland