Create Account

S49 PT #5: The Meta PT

D. Say 100+ words of nice things about Mike Izzy

Sir Michael Calgarious Izzington the sixty-ninth, also known as Mike Izzy, is a legend of the SHL. He works hard, despite how much shit he gets from people who aren't as cool as him (not very cool, boys :sunglassesSmile and people who probably have devoted as much time they have in their life as Mike, who has seemingly prioritized the SHL over everything. He's always been friendly, welcoming to newer users, and just an all around nice guy. We stan the Calgary queen Mike in the nugg, and when he joined, he was just so nice and willing to go along with our incessant shitposting. Cheers, Mike. You're an nip nug member for life. Cheers

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs
(This post was last modified: 09-03-2019, 06:02 PM by Blastmeaway.)

Code:

Now I know you asked for one of the options A, but how can I not option to basically wonderdome my good buddy @Mike Izzy. I have dealt with Coach Biz in many different areas of the site. I think our first interactions were most likely in the world of the IIHF, where at the time we were both attempting to assemble a team out of the rubble of a fallen nation, I think he's been a bit more successful than I have. Both Czechia and Austria tried their hardest to help invigorate the sites interest in the IIHF Tournament when back in the early 40s, I believe, each nation hosted the tourney and put a ton of effort into looking at other nations profiles, needs, possible wants, recapping the tourney as a whole, and doing the PBPs for the Gold and Medal games. Izzy has been there with me for my entire existence in the SHL. Also when he took over as PTD, I stepped into a management role for the Updating Department, followed shortly by me taking over as the Head. Since then I have worked side-by-side with Izzy and the PT Team to help develop forms for Point Tasks and spreadsheets that followed to help automatically grade those PTs, help take some work load off the teams back and get everyone their TPE just a tad bit quicker. Thanks for your many seasons of hard work at PTD, and i'm sure we will continue to work on miscellaneous projects together in the future.

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

A. What is your favorite type of PT? Backstory-related? Current happenings in the league (e.g., stats and standings)? Prompts about your player as an on-ice figure? Prompts about your player as an off-ice figure? Prompts about other players? (Not looking for specific ideas here, just looking to get a sense of what types of things people like)

For me the best types of PTs are the ones that allow me to develop my character roleplay and give Jonas more of a personality. I also like being able to expand upon his history and his present actions. I like talking both about my on-ice accomplishments and my off-ice goings ons. It allows me a way to earn TPE for my character development outside of the media articles that I do. My favorite PT from S49 has been the before the fame PT because it allowed me the opportunity to expound upon Jonas. In the future I would like more opportunities to do this, because as someone who doesn't spend a lot of time on the site looking at things outside of my own team I don't know other players and other members, so when the PT is in regards to that I tend to just ignore it because I have nothing to contribute.

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/glswenson.gif[/img]

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/agentchadjohnson.gif[/img]

A: I think my favorite type of PTs tend to be the more creative based ones. Such as on ice or off ice stuff. I do like the current happenings in the league as well as it creates discussion about some of the hot topics of the time. While stats based PTs are ok to me I do know a lot of people also love those and it is good to have some variety. I do think the PTs could maybe be a little more vague in the general requirements for some people as they're not the most creative and having a little more leeway could allow them to come up with something when they may struggle some. Overall the PTs have been pretty enjoyable, when I'm actually doing them, though some are a little on the obscure side which could make people potentially avoid them.

[Image: thedangazone.gif]

To be honest HD, I enjoy the backstory PTs because they're super easy for me to just think about and elaborate on the fly. By the end of a career, I feel like I have inadvertently weaved together a complete backstory and character arc for my players. It's also a way for me to put myself in my players shoes, and thinking about the league from their perspective and that's always a fun exercise for me. That includes the PTs in which we are interacting or discussing with otherp layers. It's all a fun exercise for me.

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

My favorite type of Pt’s is the pts that are about players on the ice or off the ice. Getting creative with the responses is my favorite because its easy for me to think of situations or events that my player can go through. My least favorite is the history pts because the history of the site is not very interesting to me. Also media pts that involve finding audio for certain parts, like creating a video for the team is one of my favorites to do because it makes you think what audio should go were and what the video would look like if you were actually making it for real.

[Image: ImShiny.gif]

I remember that my favorite PTs were the sort of PTs that involved more interaction with our team like those "get to know your teammates better" type things where you just ask them questions. It may be simple and overdone, but I really enjoy them. During the times where I was only semi-active and only doing PTs once in a while, those were the PTs that I'd stop and make time for. Also, anything that involves music, but that just relates to my own personal interests. For me, story and character are more important than on-the-ice talk since I actually don't know how to talk that intelligently about hockey. So any time that I get to elaborate more on who my player is as a person is something I always jump for.

[Image: KouSaotomeUndraftedSigSmol.png]
Jamie T Wrote:But I wish I'd been a little more exceptional
And I wish I'd been a little unconventional
But I was not enough, no, I'm not enough

Can I just post the Cheers emoji 100 times for credit? I kid. Izzy did such a great job on PTs, there were definitely some that I wasn't keen on but he definitely kept it really interesting and we didn't get the same old PTs week after week. It's yet to be seen, but I believe the changes he made will probably carry forward and forever change the way PTs are handled for the better. I want to take the opportunity to thank Izzy for all his hard work and give the man a virtual pat on the back for a job well done. Smile

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

My favorite type of PT is one that allows me to write creatively without having to do much analysis. What this means for me is that I much prefer to do PTs about my player off the ice as a person. I also enjoys PT about my player on the ice or in the locker room, as long as it doesn’t require me to pull to stats and compare them to others. I am absolute garbage at analysis, so those PTs are always a struggle for me. Additionally I don’t know a lot of people on the site anymore, so when I am supposed to tag those people involved I either resort to the same 3 people I always do, or I just choose someone randomly. Sure, I know I could just try to get to know more people on the website but honestly it’s hard for me to stay connected now a days as I am at work and my hours are fucking stupid.

Words 165

[Image: WuRZxKN.png]
Player Twitter
Kryyst: Player Page | Update Page
Stinson:Player Page

A. What is your favorite type of PT? Backstory-related? Current happenings in the league (e.g., stats and standings)? Prompts about your player as an on-ice figure? Prompts about your player as an off-ice figure? Prompts about other players? (Not looking for specific ideas here, just looking to get a sense of what types of things people like)

Let’s be honest, I don’t like PTs. The ones I like better than others are any that help create a dialog, or back story for our players. I think as a league we have gotten away from creating any sort of narrative for our players. We haven’t seen any real player driven drama and have instead traded it for user drama, which is fine, but it really doesn’t give us that feeling of a simulation. I am not a huge fan of the PTs or tasks where we talk about what pets we bring on the ice. Instead I would love to see some PTs focusing on what player on a rival team do we hate to play and why, what other GM would you like to play for and why (yeah yeah, tampering, I don’t care).

[Image: horvat3.png]

My favorite types of PT tend to involve the use of stats in some way. I'm a numbers guy so I have no problem going on and on about a variety of statistics, and I've even learned quite a bit about the stats used in hockey that I was not as familiar with to begin with coming from a background of more baseball, basketball, and football. I am perfectly happy with discussing either my own stats or those of others - in fact, I almost prefer something along the lines of getting to scour the index for unsung heroes on their teams and other such discussions that can arise from the sea of numbers available to us. I also enjoyed past PT's such as using the bojo box to look up records that are unlikely or likely to be broken to provide a specific example illustrating my preferences. Depending on my mood I also occasionally appreciate the chance to talk about the league or my player in some kind of creative way, but I find those types of topics to be more hit and miss. Ultimately as a member of multiple leagues I don't always do the SHL PT's, but many times I have preferred the prompts here (not even including the shorter word count) as opposed to others.

[Image: gotze_team_siggy.png]
[Image: lKRNHAn.png]

Code:
B. What is your favorite type of Graphic PT? Do those get stale or should we keep those as is?
Hockey cards are no doubt my favorite. They remind me a lot of when I was a kid and seeing some of the artwork that people do on this site is really cool. I just wish media grading was quicker and a bit more consistent, but I understand that can be a bit challenging. Furthermore, other PTs that allow graphics that aren't too complex to make are fun because they allow more people to participate. With hockey cards, there was a shared template that people could use which helps a lot to produce decent quality stuff, but other PTs like graphics of your favorite player off ice can be difficult if you chose a player render of someone who is not popular or an NHL player.

[Image: PvZbGlD.png]
[Image: FszcRvP.png]
Thanks @"AndrewWarren13" for the sig

Code:
My favorite of these is definitely the back story related ones. I like building up my player to be a real person instead of just numbers in a sim. It makes SHL a much more intimate and fun expierence and they're much easier to write since they're just straight up imagination. That said I think you need a mix of all kinds of PTs. Too many of one kind can make things pretty stale. You get a good mix and even if there's a boring one in there somewhere you end up giving everyone a little of bit of everything. Other players can be fun too when it comes to like role model types of stuff.

Code:
Mike is by far one of the most committed members of the entire SHL. He's spent several seasons as Austria head and then became the PT head for a long time. He did a great job with it and helped make IIHF one of the most exciting things in the entire league. On top of that he's made one of the best players in the league that has been at the top since I joined the SHL. Further he's just an awesome guy who knows how to put tools in their place even if it means he has to cross the line a little bit to do it. He only brings out the big guns when they're needed.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]
(This post was last modified: 09-04-2019, 06:13 PM by bk1689.)

My facourite PT's are split between back story of my player, as sometimes I like coming up with some wild events for my player and his teammates, but other times I don't feel to creative and would much rather be just given a prompt. For that reason, my other favourite PT is one that is stats/standings related. I find these ones easy to get into and write out quickly, plus it's cool seeing other peoples insight on whats happening around the league. I know myself I don't read other peoples PT's, but when it comes to stats or standings related ones I will go through the thread to see other peoples opinions.

As for Mike Izzy, he's been a great PT director in my time back on the site, and I've been lucky enough to share a locker room with him as well in Calgary and Austria. He truely is a stand up guy and I really feel like he turned the PT department around and is leaving it in a good place. I hope you pick up right from where he left off and keep on turning out some fun tasks.

[Image: Bk1689.gif]