Create Account

high af idea

Just looking at the stats, I wonder if we could buff goalies a little bit.
Overall, goalies don't have very realistic stats, with most in the sub .910 range.
You see more goalies in real life who have mid .910 save percentages.
Could just be the way the sim goes but I'm sure the sliders have something to do it it.
Outside of that, allowing goalies to get all stats to 99 might improve their performance as well.
Not the most realistic idea but something to think about.

Let's move on to the awards.
I personally don't like seeing inactives win them.
Very often someone who hasn't updated in a month will win awards.
Especially goalies.
So maybe we can change the rules on that.

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

How about we switch to the New SimonT version where it fucks goalies. I would like 60 points in a season pls and ty

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

08-31-2019, 05:48 PMluketd Wrote: How about we switch to the New SimonT version where it fucks goalies. I would like 60 points in a season pls and ty

Bro, goalies have it bad enough as it is.
Unless you're trying to run all goalies off the site, make them less shit.
My stats have taken a dive even though I grind that tpe.
Pretty frustrating if you ask me

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

Definitely something I have noticed while looking at PGS stuff for goaltenders. There is certainly an imbalance among positions.

[Image: ws92zPV.png]
FIRST SHIFT, FIRST GAME, FIRST SHOT, FIRST GOAL
[img=0x0]https://i.ibb.co/4fx7RqP/first-goal.png[/img]
(This post was last modified: 08-31-2019, 05:57 PM by Sean.)

08-31-2019, 05:44 PMSlashACM Wrote: Just looking at the stats, I wonder if we could buff goalies a little bit.
Overall, goalies don't have very realistic stats, with most in the sub .910 range.
Could just be the way the sim goes but I'm sure the sliders have something to do it it.
Outside of that, allowing goalies to get all stats to 99 might improve their performance as well.

Especially goalies.

We need to find a tuner that let's both teams get 60 shots a game so goalies can have a .930 save percentage and everyone can be a point per game.

Seriously though, I wouldn't have a problem letting goalies go to 99 on everything because the goalie attributes don't seem to do much. As for inactives winning awards, either they worked real hard to get their player to a point where they could go inactive and still win stuff, or we should all just shake our heads and give up because some 500 TPE player beat us all.

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

08-31-2019, 05:54 PMCleverPin Wrote: Definitely something I have noticed while looking at PGS stuff for goaltenders. There is certainly an imbalance among positions.

Because of the nature of the game, you either have better goalies or better scoring.
Unfortunately the goalies got shafted on that one.
Maybe it's time the goalies get a fair rub :eyes:
Pretty please?

08-31-2019, 05:52 PMSlashACM Wrote:
08-31-2019, 05:48 PMluketd Wrote: How about we switch to the New SimonT version where it fucks goalies. I would like 60 points in a season pls and ty

Bro, goalies have it bad enough as it is.

Well tbh, that’s becuse you’re framing it from a NHL perspective instead of a SHL perspective. It’s just the way goalies will be so compare yourself to past shl goalies with their SV% and GAA and then your framing will be right imo

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

08-31-2019, 05:56 PMTommySalami Wrote:
08-31-2019, 05:44 PMSlashACM Wrote: Just looking at the stats, I wonder if we could buff goalies a little bit.

Especially goalies.

We need to find a tuner that let's both teams get 60 shots a game so goalies can have a .930 save percentage and everyone can be a point per game.

Seriously though, I wouldn't have a problem letting goalies go to 99 on everything because the goalie attributes don't seem to do much. As for inactives winning awards, either they worked real hard to get their player to a point where they could go inactive and still win stuff, or we should all just shake our heads and give up because some 500 TPE player beat us all.

Big props to you for considering my outlandish idea.
Unless we penalize inactives it looks like Simon T will always favor some rando 600 tpe goalie.
McFadden *cough*
Perhaps I should just let this motivate me

08-31-2019, 05:57 PMluketd Wrote:
08-31-2019, 05:52 PMSlashACM Wrote: Bro, goalies have it bad enough as it is.

Well tbh, that’s becuse you’re framing it from a NHL perspective instead of a SHL perspective. It’s just the way goalies will be so compare yourself to past shl goalies with their SV% and GAA and then your framing will be right imo

But what if goalies are screwed in the past as well?
Unlike the NHL, there was no high scoring era before butterfly goalies.
Mostly I just feel like people would look down on stats because they don't have the framing as you say.
Pretty much just going off on a tangent here

Happy to see people actually looking at my suggestions.
Of course not everyone will agree with me but that's the nature of the game.
For me, this is what I would feel would make the SHL more enjoyable for everyone.

We are approaching 50 seasons and there's a lot of great stuff about the league.
Haha I'm still new here but I've done my fair share of reading the history of the SHL.
Even though you might not respect my opinion I hope you can have a civil discussion with me.
Not every thread I make is a meme

2nd'd

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

08-31-2019, 06:11 PMTnlAstatine Wrote:

2nd'd

Bby pls
U don't even want 60 pts
Minnesota's top line will somehow get 80 a piece
Punk ass bitches

08-31-2019, 06:15 PMSlashACM Wrote:
08-31-2019, 06:11 PMTnlAstatine Wrote: 2nd'd

Bby pls
U don't even want 60 pts
Punk ass bitches

i just want 82 game season

08-31-2019, 06:16 PMTnlAstatine Wrote:
08-31-2019, 06:15 PMSlashACM Wrote: Bby pls
U don't even want 60 pts
Punk ass bitches

i just want 82 game season

Big mood, thatd be pretty cool
Usually I'd be against that because the season already drags on but I think it would help the stats
More games = less statistical anomalies
P good idea imo

08-31-2019, 06:18 PMSlashACM Wrote:
08-31-2019, 06:16 PMTnlAstatine Wrote: i just want 82 game season

Big mood, thatd be pretty cool
Usually I'd be against that because the season already drags on but I think it would help the stats
More games = less statistical anomalies
P good idea imo

i mean you can just sim more games/sim and keep it the same length