Create Account

PT 5 - Highlight Reel

#1 would definitely have to be getting drafted. No matter what level you play, sitting there in anticipation, the buzz of everyone around you, and the greatest feeling of all, having your name called out and putting on that jersey is such a rush. The icing on the cake was being drafted into a team with a bunch of great guys in Vancouver.

#2 would have to be the absolute amount of not-fun I had with the boys on and off the ice. Everyone here is incredibly friendly and open, I immediately felt like a part of the family.

#3 would have to be scoring my first career playoff goal. I was largely unsuccessful during the regular season, and as a forward, you always wanna be the guy to produce results for the boys. Ironically, my first playoff goal was as a dman during the Powerplay, but hey, at least it shows the guys upstairs have trust in me, eh?

[Image: a7leg1V.png]

On my most recent highlight reel I have a combination of on ice and off ice achievements. The first I would like to share is my pick handling practice. Similar to Patrick Kane insane viral video of his puck handling practice, I laid out a bunch of pucks on the ice and ha a go at it. I might say I’m pretty proud of that, only slightly moved 1 puck and my speed was insane. The next highlight is like to share would be the charity I’ve been donating to and working with. It is the Children’s Miracle Network. Besides donating I have been visiting some local hospitals and hanging out with some of the children and teaching them a few things about hockey. Definitely something that has taught me a lot and something I wanted to include in my highlights. Lastly I would like to add my first goal. So far it is my only goal but you have to start off somewhere.

[Image: otFqJJk.png]

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: qp9sjzw.png] [Image: QPhJjnn.png] [Image: cz7Q1LV.png] [Image: RapExQb.png] [Image: sXGJ3Yn.png]
-----
[Image: aasdAwo.png]

Canada Update Thread | Player Page Canada

#1 Was obviously the draft, getting drafted 5th overall to the Lethbridge Lions. Despite not being the first Japanese player drafted i am happy with my position in the draft and the team i went to. I think we have meshed good with each other, a couple of people with the same interests as me in there too so that helps.

#2 Is probably me becoming Alternate Captain. Kind of out of the blue for me, sure i voted for myself(sorry not sorry) but i was still very surprised, i did not talk a lot in the LR because of the language barrier but i guess for some reason they thought this little asian boy would do a good job representing the team with a letter on his chest.

#3 Was my great rookie season. It dipped off in the end but for the most part i was in the lead in rookie points, and for like 20 games i lead Shots Blocked in the entire league too. As i said it dipped off some in the end and i ended up outside of the top 10 in SBs but still ended up 5th in rookie scoring. And seeing how huge this draft was, that feels like a great feat from a defenseman.

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]