Create Account

PT 5 - Highlight Reel

While the first season for SMJHL rookie Suzuki Namokato saw a lot of inconsistencies in his performances, the speedy winger, however, had a few highlights to his season:

1- After being promoted to the 2nd line, Suzuki answered with his first goal on august 13 against the Anaheim Outlaws in a 5-1 win after a nice feed from FR Finn-Rhys following a broken play in the neutral zone.

2- On august 17, Suzuki had 2 goals including the game winner in a 4-3 victory over the St.Louis Scarecrows. Finishing the game with a +3 rating and 4 shots on goal, Suzuki was rewarded with the first star in what is without a doubt his best game of the year.

3- Struggling to help his team by adding his name to the scoresheet consistently, one thing Suzuki can be commended on his to avoid the penalty box to put his team in trouble, ending the season with only 6 minutes of penalty (4 of them on a charging call) while seeing over 16 minutes of ice per game.

[Image: fYimPTz.png]
[Image: Raiders-banner.png]

One of my favorite moments of my first year in the league was finally gaining power in the Anaheim locker room and overthrowing our tyrannous leaders in @SpartanGibbles and @BDonini in order to accomplish the goals set out in the doctrine of the manifesto that was entitled #Justice4Toby. It's been a pretty fantastic year all in all, but getting my first wins against the Vancouver Whalers and taking out my longtime friend in Marcus Ohlsson @CleverPin was a pretty good feeling as well. As we move into playoffs I'm sure there is still one more great moment had to be had this year, whether it be hidden between the lines of a Four Star Cup Championship or if I'm going to have to dig down deep to find it. As for what the CURRENT final good moment of the season would be, I would have to opt to say my first ever game. Getting that first start really got the monkeys off my back.

[Image: NkarYB0.png]
[Image: QJINy8y.png][Image: yUlku5j.png]

Season Highlights:

Drafted: Andrey Barbashev II was a late entry into the SMJHL draft. There were rumours swirling around his possible eligibility. For him being drafted by a B.C team like his father, it was truly a special moment for him and his family. Surprised he went later in the draft, yet happy he did due to the amazing draft class that has already been established.

Named Assistant Captain: This was a team vote, but something very few rookies get to be apart of. Barbashev was named an alternate captain for the season. His off-ice leadership, work ethic and overall friendship with his teammates earned him a role with the leadership in Kelowna. Andrey is hopeful to be named captain next season.

The Kelowna Team: At first, I was slightly worried how this might work out. Andrey’s father was a career Whaler and a very passionate one. He broke records there, was the captain for two seasons and has his jersey up in the rafters.
Immediately from draft day, I have felt part of a family and part of a winning culture that is unlike no other. I am very lucky to be a Knight and I am very thankful to have great members of the community on our team that all seek the best for one another. The team as a group has been the biggest highlight this season.

Code:
230 words

[Image: QhAQn2i.png]  [Image: yIvjn4j.png]

Highlight 1: Draft Day When Karl decided to make a go in the SHL and declare himself eligible for the SMJHL draft, there were a lot of questions surrounding him. He had never left Europe before, and this would take him over to North America. There would be new customs and cultures to learn, and he was not coming over as a high profile prospect so he wasn't even sure if he was going to be drafted. Regardless, acting as his own agent he was able to get some footage and statistics compiled and sent it over with applications to the different teams, hoping that he would spark an interest in one of them to take a shot on him in one of the later rounds. He had some back and forth with a few different teams and hopes were high heading into the draft. When he got the call from Ed Balls, his new GM, he was over the moon - 6th round and 53rd overall, Much higher than he was hoping for. He started looking for flights to Halifax and knew he was in for one wild ride.

Highlight 2: First SMJHL Goal Karl's first goal was a culmination of weeks of hard work focus on improving his shooting which had been identified as a weakness by his coaches. The narrative at the start of the year was that Karl was quick on the puck, but quick to lose it, when he had it on his stick he seemed a bit unsure whether to pass or shoot, and that lead to offensive turnovers. His first goal was really a turning point for confidence and you could see a momentum swing. It did end up being his only goal of the season, but it kick-started his defensive awareness and was able to assist on a few more goals for the remainder of the year.
If you watch the goal back you can see Karl pull the trigger with absolute certainty, finishing off a beautiful tic-tac-toe directly from Ricky Spanish and Stacy Jefferson Jr. Karl sets up into position at the right face-off dot, takes the feed from Spanish and rips it past Knox Booth to bring the Raiders within 1.

Highlisht 3: Karl looses teeth An unfortunate foot malfunction led to a very concussed Krashwagen losing his teeth and going on a bit of an adventure of destruction. You can read about it at length here, but it was quite the evening for the raiders following a huge home victory and rallying the city of Halifax behind their run. Nothing like this has ever happened and the residents are hoping nothing like it ever happens again.

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-08-2019, 11:45 AM by ImASurvivor.)

Highlight 1 - The Draft
Headed into the draft, Ricky Bobby was a fairly unknown prospect as he had declared just 2 days before the draft was set to occur. He networked as well as he could in an attempt to secure himself as high a selection as possible, and he ended up going #37 to the retooling Montreal Militia. Bobby was stoked at the idea of joining a team alongside 10 other rookies, which would spark great possibilities for this team once this band of brothers reached their peak.

Highlight 2 - Disciplined Streak
Ricky Bobby started the season on an unprecedented stretch of games without spending a single minute in the sin bin. It took over 30 games before Bobby's first penalty minutes, something that is rarely seen in the SMJHL as player's often refuse to spend attribute points on any sort of discipline. Montreal's front office will surely be pleased with their future star's ability to keep his cool.

Highlight 3 - Important Goals
Ricky's goal-scoring abilities were on display throughout the series as he ended the season with 11 goals as a rookie, good for T-4th in terms of rookie goal-scoring throughout the entire league. With goals often comes some important ones, as Ricky Bobby was able to score two game-tying goals which would eventually lead to additional points for his Militia in the final standings.

[Image: bobby1.jpg]

[Image: DaNnVpo.png]   [Image: CfsNrQZ.png]   [Image: ZZLBWWZ.png]
Kraken | Switzerland | Jets

Ivan Maximus  Outlaws

As a rookie everything that happens is a first this season.  Below are my 3 main highlights:

SMJHL Draft  -  As the first major event this was obviously going to make the list.   Regardless of draft position - this determines your team and plays a significant role in your progress as a rookie.  I was picked up much earlier than expected by the Outlaws and was stoked to be on a team that was able to give me ice time.  

Team Dynamics - While we were not the top of the league in performance, I believe Anaheim was a great place for me to land due to their need for a 1st line center and I won out.   This afforded me a ton of play time that I probably wouldn't have gotten in many clubs. The locker room is full of great people and has made a less than stellar on-ice season much more bearable.

Anaheim Rookie Points Record - All season I have been telling our LR that I was gunning for our GM's rookie season scoring record of 29 points.  The internal guantlet was thrown after only 3 games have been played (high bar?)  I went through a few streaks of 1+ point a game then others were I couldn't manage to get on the score sheet at all.   As we got near the end of the season I had 7 games remaining and was 5 points from tying.  By the end of Game 47 I had tied the Anaheim rookie record and was feeling good I could break it with 3 games to go.   Then after the 3 games were played I had....0 more points.  But still very happy with my tie of the record and can say I had that.

[Image: thiefofcheese.gif]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] 

Sig credit: Ragnar, Carpy48, High Stick King

Highlight #1
Like many of the other people.  It was the experience of the draft day.  I was happily enjoying just getting to know the league and start my addiction to TPE.  Getting drafted at #13 by the Militia was an amazing experience and it helped to kick start my appreciation for the league.  Fuzz and I had had a quick fun discussion leading into the draft and I had no idea where I was going.  

Highlight #2
Watching my player put up shots on the 4th line.  I wanted a player that would shoot first and pass later and be a little over zealous with the puck.  The simulator showed me that I was doing exactly what I hoped to do.  With 85 shots I had the third highest shots put at net by a rookie this season.  Beaten by two recreates on the Crows.

Highlight #3
Having a pretty calm season until unexpectedly spearing an opponent who drew my ire.  This got Phineas ejected from a game after he was official line switched to the third line left wing in a way to experiment with the lines.  In a move that should have made Phineas happy, he finally vented his frustration at his season performance.  Guess we have to work on his discipline and temper.

[Image: seamus.png]

Credit to Vulfzilla for the awesome render pic
[Image: gXlAFBa.png]|| [Image: 8CbZQAJ.png]

NSFL Affiliate PT

Hernadivic Rookie Season Highlights

Highlight 1: Draft Time

My first highlight would have to be my first major milestone of my young, budding SMJHL career, and that would be getting drafted to the Crows as a low second round pick. I was quite happy with my draft position, as it was such a large draft class thanks to a number of recreates, as well as it being a Reddit draft. Although the season so far hasn't turned out as the Crows had hoped so far, I believe they are currently quite happy with the pick, as I have continued to develop into one of the better TPE earners in the class.

Highlight 2: First Multi-Point Game
My first multi-point game came against Vancouver, where I potted two assists in the 9-4 beatdown of the Whalers. This game was also one of the highlights in a lameduck season for the Crows.

Highlight 3: First Playoff Point
The third highlight of a tough season production wise would be getting my first playoff point, coming in Game 1 of the playoffs, helping the Crows to a 5-3 win. Although I haven't helped out since, and we're currently down 3-2 in the series, helping score the Crows first goal of the playoffs was a big boost.

220 words

[Image: fishyshl.gif]
Thanks to everybody for the sigs :peepoheart:

[Image: czechpp.png][Image: czechup.png]

Highlight 1. Id have to say my number one highlight this season was scoring two goals in about 8 minutes i really havent ever had many 2 goal games even when i was growing up we almost won that game to if we had it would be my biggest career acheivement yet.

Highlight 2. Definatly gonna have to go with being pranked by phineas gold my first day i came to the team. I was free agent undrafted signing so i of course expected a little hazing but phineas is a clever cat caught me completly off guard. Anyone that knows me knows im a terrible morning person and ussually i eat cereal and eggs well phineas not only froze my cereal and pulled it out of the freezer before i would notice he gave me fake eggs and i almost chipped a tooth due to my horrible ability to become lucid upon waking up.

Highlight 3. My last highlight would definatly be a toss up between getting the call to join montreal and drinking a beer with ciggaretes in it again another phineas gold gem gotta keep your eyes on that one. Overall its been a great experiance i didnt really know what to expect being from finland but these group of guys have made this transition worth it even with all the goofing off.

[Image: Fitted_3.png]

2x 4Star Cup Champ s49 s50

1x commissioners excellence award s 50

I've chosen the graphic option.

[Image: tVHnNY6.jpg]

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno

Highlight #1 - Signing as a FA

After being left on the board during the SMJHL draft, Markus Tegernako had a few discussions with teams around the league who were looking to strengthen their netminding. Delighted of the attention, Markus signed with an up-and-coming team that he felt would have a great shot at silverware in the future, the Lethbridge Lions. He had a warm welcome in the locker room, and was able to find his mentor, an ex-Lion and now Toronto North Stars' starter, Harry Carpet.

Highlight #2 - First career game

It wasn't until the 22nd game that Markus earned his first career start, which ended in a well-fought loss against the Anchorage Armada. His nerves showed as he had a few miscues, but he felt confident that he could show his coach and the rest of the front office that they had made the right choice in signing him. After the game, he had a quick chat with fellow rookie and winning goalie Ian Venables, exchanging about the life of a starting goalie, and how they both adjusted to the tight scheduling in the SMJHL.

Highlight #3 - First career win

The very next game, it was time for Tegernako to show his true colors, as he earned his second start against the Montreal Militia. This time, he wouldn't miss his opportunity, and made 31 saves on 32 shots, en route to his first career win in the SMJHL. Not only that, but he was also selected first star of the game - he was elated! Markus allowed himself a bit of a celebration, taking a few players out in Montreal and enjoying the sights of the city. The pressure was off, and he could see himself succeeding in the big leagues.

(297 words)

[Image: KlusteR.gif]

Chiefs Monarchs Lions Berserkers Switzerland Blizzard pride Panthers Grizzlies

[Image: EePsAwN.png]    [Image: e0LuHwa.png]    [Image: eaex9S1.png]

Special thanks to @Carpy48, @Chevy, @Turd Ferguson, @fever95 and @enigmatic for the signatures!

PBE PT

Hariken Urawa's Top 3 S50 Highlights

Signing with Colorado was a special moment. Honestly, I remember being a little disappointed that my paperwork wasn't filed in time for the SMJHL draft, because draft day is really an experience that I think I would have enjoyed. I was a little sad when I first arrived and realized I had missed out, because all of the teams had already snapped up their rookies in the draft and I was wondering if rosters were mostly set in stone.

I remember being really happy when a few GMs reached out to me and asked me about my interest in signing with them. Every team that reached out felt like it would have been a good spot for me to land, and every GM made a positive impression. That said, it felt right with Colorado from the very beginning. I liked @hhh81's honesty and candor in telling me that I wasn't going to be a big piece right away, but that I'd get a lot of coaching and feedback, and that if I stay active, I'd have a chance to be a big part of the team in the second half of S49 and going forward.

I'm really looking forward to staying in Colorado and making a serious run at the Four Star Cup with Henrik Lekberg Osterman @Thatguy91, Vorian Atreides @OrbitingDeath and the rest of the gang. We have a great team and we're going to have a good run in Season 50.

---

I fulfilled my promise to Colorado and kept up my activity through this season, and as a result, I received second-line minutes in the playoffs. Having a chance to play with Ja'Aj Coitus-Wagg @Jaemistightdabs and Osterman on Colorado's top-six in the most important games of the season was an honour.

We came up short against Anchorage, who I think are a team that is not to be taken as lightly as their seeding suggests. We went down 3-1 against them and fought back to force a deciding game 7 at home, but we went down 4-0 midway through the game, putting us in a big hole.

When Bo Kane @NONAME scored for us with four minutes to go in the second period, making it 4-1, I remember the atmosphere in the locker room in the intermission is that we could come back and win the game.

Sure enough, we came out on fire in the third. First, Daniel Kuster @kuschy scored a little over three minutes into the period, and you could feel the momentum building.

Then I got the puck on my stick after Lee Samson @Kingslayerlh made a great keep-in at the blue line. I got a great shot off on Ian Venables @"toirekari" and managed to beat him high over his glove.

To be honest, I blacked out in the celebration. It was the biggest goal of my career to date, in the most important game. I was really sad that we lost, but now that I've had time to reflect on it, I'm glad that all of our rookies got to make an impact in the playoffs, and that goal personally was a huge confidence boost for me.

---

This last highlight isn't actually related to anything on the ice, but I just have to say that this has been an absolute blast for me. I spend a lot of time on the road for my job, meaning I spend a lot of time in the air and in hotels. It can be a bit of a drag, to be honest. Business travel is fine and all, but it's not nearly as fun as traveling for vacation.

This league has made it much more bearable. I really like the people I've met and had conversations with, and I'm hoping that in the course of my time here, I have a chance to get to know as many people as possible and be friends with you all. This is such a unique concept, and I think the community should take a lot of pride in the operation it's built out here.

The response to my first media pieces is especially a highlight for me. I love to write, and I have a lot of content that I'm saving until this offseason's double draft media week. I'm glad people enjoy my content, and I equally enjoy the content that everyone else puts out here. I don't comment on it as much as I should, but I spend hours reading about the league and reading the media when I'm traveling between destinations.

This is probably a lot longer than it needs to be.

[Image: urawa4.jpg]
Special thanks to @Sleepy for the signature

My first season in SMJHL has been a blast so far, and it much more than I ever expected. It has been such a great experience so far and I cannot wait to see how my career goes. As for highlights, this one is going to sound cliche, but it has to be when I got drafted to the Colorado Raptors. I was fairly new to the league and the Raptors took a chance on me and I'm glad they did. I have learned so much already and have improved my player a sustainably amount but I can already see I have a long road ahead. My second highlight would have to be playing in 50 games in the SMJHL; this first season has been a great learning experience and I am now finding my way around the league. My third highlight of the season has to be my first career playoff series, even though we lost in 7 games, the boys battled hard and played well till the end. We started strong after winning the first game but then lost 3 straight and on the brink of elimination. We battled back and forced a game 7 but ultimately lost by 1 in game 7. Even though we lost the series, the team showed a lot of heart and I'm very excited about next season.

word count:277

[Image: gurbs.gif]