Create Account

S50 Dragons Interested Prospect Thread
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2019, 01:01 AM by Steelhead77.)

Dragonite Ahh Dragonite Ahh Dragonite

Celebrating 50 seasons of Dragons hockey, this is a special draft for our team and the league! Congrats on being part of SHL history!!!

The Calgary Dragons are the most successful and consistent franchise in the SHL, winning 7 Challenge Cups and making the playoffs 24 of the last 26 seasons! We play in the league's most exciting arena, The BIG Parm, which has become the hardest arena for opposing teams to play in the league!  

As you learn more about our team, feel free to check out our rich history HERE and our Team Profile HERE. We're a hard working team and a top notch organization. We're always looking for motivated young players to enhance the Dragons experience! We have a  great atmosphere, strong leadership, we support each other and have a lot of fun. If you're a prospect for the S50 SHL Entry Draft and are interested in joining the Dragons family, please help us get to know you better!

We currently have an exciting young roster all working toward the same goal! Check out this cool team video by our Captain Mike Izzy!!

We hope to make more of these in the coming seasons!

Please link us your Player Page: Example

Code:
[b]1. How interested are you in joining the Dragons? Scale of 1-10. What do you know or like about the current team?

2. What kind of player are you looking to build? Are you open to advice to help you achieve personal and team success?

3. Do you see yourself always having time for the SHL, is there anything that could negatively effect your activity level over the next year or so? (New Job, School program, travel, etc)

4. What Age group are you in, Under 20? Over 20? Over 30? (No worries if you don't want to reveal this).

5. Are you a hockey fan? What is your favorite NHL team?

6. What have you enjoyed most so far about the SHL?  

7. Have you done any Media, GFX or Podcasts? Feel free to link one for us!

8. Currently the Dragons have a very deep young roster, anyone we pick will need to be patient. How would you feel about being a star for your SMJHL team another 2-3 seasons?

9. Please let us know anything else you think would help us evaluate you as a potential future Dragons Superstar!![/b]

Feel free to ask us any questions you may have about the team or pm @Steelhead77 @c00kies @Mike Izzy

Maybe we'll call your name on Draft Day and set the league on Fire Together!!!

[Image: source.gif]

Thanks for your Time!

Dragonite Dragonite

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite

looking forward to meeting our new dragons fam!

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

1. How interested are you in joining the Dragons? Scale of 1-10. What do you know or like about the current team?
I guess I'd put my interest level at a 6. It would be higher, except that you guys have a top goalie who isn't much older than me. I'm definitely comfortable playing in a tandem, but I don't want to spend my prime years as a backup. My ideal timeline is 4 seasons in Juniors, then 2-3 seasons backing up while improving as much as possible, before taking over the starting job. If for whatever reason there will be room for me on that timeline or a similar one, then my interest level will shoot through the roof.

2. What kind of player are you looking to build? Are you open to advice to help you achieve personal and team success?
I'm definitely open to advice! Always willing to learn. I'm looking to build a top goalie with a strong grasp of the fundamentals, I have a rebound control weakness which seems to be unusual for SHL goalies, so I'm excited to learn in the coming seasons if RC is as integral to goalie success as everyone says.

3. Do you see yourself always having time for the SHL, is there anything that could negatively effect your activity level over the next year or so? (New Job, School program, travel, etc)
I'm in my last year of school, so my availability will ebb and flow throughout the year until May. I'm convinced I'll be able to buy training and complete PTs every week, it'll be the extras like writing media and hanging out in the LR that might have some light weeks.

4. What Age group are you in, Under 20? Over 20? Over 30? (No worries if you don't want to reveal this).
There really wouldn't be any way of knowing that kind of information.

I'm a die-hard fan of the Ottawa Senators. It's been a rough couple years.

The best thing about the SHL is the one that was the most surprising to me. In the reddit post that recruited me, whoever wrote it was careful to make it clear that the SHL can support many different activity levels, whether you log on weekly or daily. I guess when they were aiming for that level of inclusivity (not a word I guess?) in the recruitment post, the tightness of the community didn't come across as much. It's been amazing getting to know all these new friends, and I can only hope to keep that going while I move forward.

I've actually really enjoyed writing media! I wrote one in the voice of Perd Hapley before my SMJHL draft which was super fun, and after that I started a series of blog posts like this about my life outside the rink in Anchorage. Recently, I've tried my hand at making graphics, and although I'm not very good yet it's been a ton of fun. I'm especially proud of the way one turned out in my most recent submission, the first one for my teammate Sam Michaud. I've been asking a ton of podcast questions to the people I know who have one, in the hopes that eventually I'll be asked on as a guest speaker. I also wrote an intro song for the Johnson and Johnson podcast that can be found here.

8. Currently the Dragons have a very deep young roster, anyone we pick will need to be patient. How would you feel about being a star for your SMJHL team another 2-3 seasons?
My expectations for development schedule are outlined in question 1, but I can re-iterate here. I defo want to be a dominant force in Juniors for a while and win some hardware, so I want to spend my full 4 seasons with the Armada. After that, I'm hoping for a maximum of 2-3 seasons transition period before I take over as full-time starter or end up in an equal tandem partnership.

9. Please let us know anything else you think would help us evaluate you as a potential future Dragons Superstar!!
Um I can make discord bots which is pretty neat, so if you draft me I can bring whichever QOL improvements you guys want in the locker room on discord.

My player page is linked in my sig, but for you mobile users: Here you go

[Image: EsVSFns.png][Image: uzmDXiJ.png]
Sigs by @Carpy48 and @tweedledunn
(This post was last modified: 09-15-2019, 01:17 AM by Naosu.)

1. How interested are you in joining the Dragons? Scale of 1-10. What do you know or like about the current team?
8, you guys have a solid core. I don't know too much. I play with Prince Devitt in juniors and Mike Izzy seems like a cool dude.

Max Mauldin would be a great comparison to my future vision. I'm open to any advice.

I hope to go to Japan next year for the Olympics. I should have some sort of internet access and logging on while I'm there once or twice a week to do training+pt should be easy.

Late 20s

Yes, I love the Avalanche

I had the most fun so far during the SMJHL draft but the overall site and community has been amazing.

This seems to be my most viewed/replied article (probably because it was in the SHL media instead of SMJHL like the rest of my articles)

This is exactly in line with my expectations. I don't expect to play in the SHL until S52 no matter which team drafts me.

9. Please let us know anything else you think would help us evaluate you as a potential future Dragons Superstar!!
I aspire to be a top TPE earner of my class, only held back by bad luck with chance TPE stuff. Here's my Player Page

[Image: jrousseau.gif]
[Image: j7ebBxQ.png] [Image: FbT2Pb1.png]
Canada Knights Canada Knights Canada

With no background in the SHL I'm coming into most teams quite neutral so I'll go with 5. It's not that I don't want to join Calgary at all, it's just that I don't know much about the LR of really any of the teams so I can't say for sure how I'd fit in. Clearly I'd like to be on a team that wins - but I'm here to have fun and the people make it that way so that's got probably the highest priority to me.

I'm making a pass-first play maker center. I want to win FO's and get the puck into the offensive zone and set up goals. Equally happy with an assist as a goal. I've very much open to advice on my build - let me know how to best fit in with my lines and teams and we'll both be happy.

Well clearly I can't see the future, but nothing on the radar right now. Unless I get fired from my current job by spending so much damn time on SHL. In which case I'll have a ton more time...

I'm an old one. Over 30

Capitals fan through and through. First home preseason game tonight so I'm stoked!

I really like the people the most - but also like the weekly involvement with PTs and such. Always something to do and someone to shoot the shit with.

Mainly media. I don't think I've done any one piece thats extremely spectacular, but did a bunch of the Hot Potato reports and some data breakdown as the SMJHL Budget Director. That one is here

No problem at all - I actually expect to be in the J for a little while. Gotta continue to rack up that TPE so when I do my SHL debut I wont be way below the others.

Happy to answer any questions you have. I'm quite proud of the fact that I was given the Alternate Captian honor as a rookie in the J. Very active in the LR and happy to help in any way. Feel free to ping me on here or on Discord ThiefOfCheese#0881

[Image: thiefofcheese.gif]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] 

Sig credit: Ragnar, Carpy48, High Stick King

0. Link to Player Page:
  • My player page is here, and my update thread is here.
  • At this point it feels like at least a solid 6. I haven't heard much about the organization until reached out to, but it seems like the general feedback from others is that it's an excellently run group.
  • Originally my plan was to be a positional player who's in the right place at the right time to get pucks into the net. That's since evolved to be a team-based player who's willing to be adaptable and help out the team wherever necessary. I'm always plugging my player page and update page to get advice wherever I possibly can, like so: Player Page and Update Page. I'm open to any advice!
  • I'm almost always checking the SHL wherever I can, be it the team Discord or the forums. In the next year it doesn't look like there's any drastic changes that would radically alter my activity level, I love this site and every moment of it.
  • I'm in the 20-25 range.
  • Absolutely. I'm a huge fan of the Caps which influenced my username, and I'm proud to admit I shed a few tears after the 2018 win. 
  • The Montreal/Carolina locker room. So many great moments have come from that group and I'll treasure each one of them. My teammates mean so much to me there, and I'm proud to work with them, and the Cup to show for it is just icing on the cake. The forums are fun, the drafts and games are great, but the team has been the best part of it.
7. Have you done any Media, GFX or Podcasts? Feel free to link one for us! 8. Currently the Dragons have a very deep young roster, anyone we pick will need to be patient. How would you feel about being a star for your SMJHL team another 2-3 seasons?
  • I've already said how much I love the Kraken, and can be very patient if it leads to better team success.
  • I'm really big on presence for game day and especially for PBPs. Some of my favorite moments have been screaming my head off with the rest of the team for the games we played along the way to the Cup. I'm always happy to be positive for the team and bring others up wherever I can

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa
(This post was last modified: 09-19-2019, 10:15 PM by fishy. Edit Reason: formatting )

9. You guys are consistently near the top of the standings, have some established legends like Izzy, and have nice uniforms on top of that. Other than that, I'm not really sure i know much about the current team.

Two-way playmaker, like a mix of Bergeron and Nylander irl. As a first-gen i want as much build advice as possible i dont know what works best.

barring any unforeseen circumstances, i should have time of the shl. i work at a job where im always on a computer and typically have time after work to dick around here and there.

mid-20's!

big leafs fan but do enjoy watching other sports too

the interactions with my teammates, mostly the guys in the czech lr. they're a fun group

judging from the dm, it seems as though you've noticed my posts. i've done a few sorta stats based articles bc i dont know what else to write about and they're interesting to write about.
WJC Roster Predictions - http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=99601
Third lines analysis - http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=99475

Yeah this is ideal - i wanna be able to contribute at a respectable level when i get the call and would like to win a championship down in the J before winning a few up in the big leagues

I prefer an active, semi-normal LR thats able to talk about a bunch of things - i have found an active lr helps keep people engaged and i prefer having good relationships with my teammates!

[Image: fishyshl.gif]
Thanks to everybody for the sigs :peepoheart:

[Image: czechpp.png][Image: czechup.png]

10 if Sloth says it is good then it is good. Not a lot but there is a general positive vibe I have gotten from people about the organization overall.

Ovechkin 2.0 Electric boogaloo. I am open to advice and I am open to making whatever changes the team needs to fit a role.

Other than being murdered or kidnapped and ransomed nothing at the moment.

Over 30.

Yes, the Ducks though I do have a soft spot for the Habs and Caps.

Honestly, the Montreal/Carolina LR has been a great experience and a wonderful group of people to shoot the shit with.

7. Have you done any Media, GFX or Podcasts? Feel free to link one for us! A media post herein lies

I am great with it as I currently enjoy the Montreal/Carolina LR and if I had to stay for a bit it isn't a big deal because it is an enjoyable place to be.

I am fairly laidback and try to bring a positive vibe to the LR enviroment. Overall, I just enjoy hanging out and having a good time with people.

[Image: 59270_s.gif]

[Image: jcjcF7J.png]  [Image: nHs4nH0.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-19-2019, 10:37 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Honestly 10, it's hard to ignore the amount of Challenge Cups that this team has accumulated throughout their storied history. I know that you guys seem to be a model organization that other teams attempt to replicate. Other than that, as a first-generation rookie, there isn't much that I am aware of your team.

2. What kind of player are you looking to build? Are you open to any advice to help you achieve personal and team success?

I'm looking to build a sniping winger, through and through. The priority for Ricky Bobby is to use his speed as well as his powerful shot to become a perennial goal scorer for whatever team drafts him. That being said, I am the newbie here so I will certainly look at my team's veterans to guide me as I build my playing career towards personal and team success.

3. Do you see yourself always having time for the SHL, is there anything that could negatively affect your activity level over the next year or so? (New Job, School program, travel, etc)

Life happens, its inevitable, but in terms of long term plans I am currently in school slowly grinding out the work I need to do towards my dream career of being an elementary school teacher. So, long story short, there are no big planned life events that would cause me to go inactive in the foreseeable future.

I will be 20 in November.

Vancouver Canucks fan baby!!! It's been a rough decade haha

The locker room that we have in Montreal is perfect for me, active and friendly and they push me to continue staying active and competing for more team success. So I hope to find that in whatever SHL LR that takes a chance on me.

I am a written media fanatic, I did a quick one for cash after the S49 SMJHL Entry Draft and I also have a few coming out in the coming days related to the upcoming SMJHL season.

8. Currently, the Dragons have a very deep young roster, anyone we pick will need to be patient. How would you feel about being a star for your SMJHL team another 2-3 seasons?

I am absolutely ready to be patient, and it's a very good sign for your organization that you're able to upkeep consistent season performances while continuing to build for the future, I hope to become apart of your dynasty!

9. Please let us know anything else you think would help us evaluate you as a potential future Dragons Superstar!

Based off these questions it seems that you are covering all of your bases in terms of what to look for in your draft selections, and I hope I've shown enough quality in my personality and maturity to get you to take me on Sunday.

[Image: bobby1.jpg]

[Image: DaNnVpo.png]   [Image: CfsNrQZ.png]   [Image: ZZLBWWZ.png]
Kraken | Switzerland | Jets
(This post was last modified: 09-19-2019, 11:35 PM by uhh.)

Quote:1. How interested are you in joining the Dragons? Scale of 1-10. What do you know or like about the current team? 

I'd have to say 10/10. To be honest, I'm excited in general about joining any of the SHL teams, since everyone I've met here and spoken with has been AAA top notch in terms of personality and I think this league is just full of great people. I do really appreciate the tradition and history of Calgary, and I also like the effort that goes into the content and especially the videos (stick tap to @Mike Izzy). There's a lot of tradition in this club and it would be an honour to be a part of it.

Calgary had a great season last year. I didn't see any rookies on the roster (if I'm wrong, I apologize), but I imagine that the S50 draft is a great opportunity for the team to build the next core of Dragons to carry on the banner. There are a lot of great players in this class, and with three picks in the first two rounds, you're poised to get three great young players. If that happens to include me, I'd be really happy, but really, your odds of landing on a star are high.

Quote:2. What kind of player are you looking to build? Are you open to advice to help you achieve personal and team success? 

I'm definitely open to feedback. I'm always asking @hhh81 and @StadiumGambler for build advice in the Colorado Raptors Discord, and I really want to have a career that culminates in both team and personal success. Challenge Cups, individual awards, and possibly even a Hall of Fame bid would be the dream, and that's what I am aiming for.

I'm a scoring winger and about as pure a sniper as you'll find in the sim with the direction of my build. I really want to lead the league in goals when I'm in my prime, and I'm focusing on my core strengths of scoring, skating, and puck handling. Right now, my focus is on getting DF to 80, and I'll boost my support stats (passing, endurance, strength) to keep pace as I get my strengths ultimately to 99.

I'd be willing to put points into FOs if you wanted me to switch to centre, but I really want to stick to my core strengths of goalscoring and generating offense. No hard feelings if that doesn't fit the roster slots you have, but if you can find a young playmaker and get us together, we'd be dynamite for you for a long time.
Quote:3. Do you see yourself always having time for the SHL, is there anything that could negatively effect your activity level over the next year or so? (New Job, School program, travel, etc)

The thing that I love about the SHL is that it fits pretty easily into my time. I work a very busy job that requires me to travel a few times a month, but SHL is actually perfect for it. I'm not necessarily going to be active and posting every day, but you'll see more of me at nights and especially on the weekends. Nothing kills time on a cross-country flight like writing an article, doing PTs, or just hanging on Discord. In a lot of ways, this site keeps me grounded while I'm on the road and away from my family for a little bit, which can be kind of a bummer otherwise sometimes. 

I'll never be able to say with 100 percent certainty what the future holds, but I'm currently working a job that has me working 60 hour weeks, and I haven't missed a single PT or TPE earning opportunity since joining the site after the draft.

Quote:4. What Age group are you in, Under 20? Over 20? Over 30? (No worries if you don't want to reveal this). 

I'm 29.

Quote:5. Are you a hockey fan? What is your favorite NHL team?

I am a hockey fan. Growing up in Philly, I'm a fan of the Flyers. I haven't followed as much since moving to Toronto, but I keep up to speed with the team by reading game recaps and watching highlights. I'm also good to go see a few Leafs games every season in Toronto.

Quote:6. What have you enjoyed most so far about the SHL?

The content and history of this community is just so rich. The roleplaying aspect really appeals to me. I might get into it a little much sometimes but it's really awesome. I think of this as DND for jocks, and I love it. The opportunity to write a story and see how it plays out over the course of a career and weave my way into the fabric of the SHL's long and storied history is really something else.

Quote:7. Have you done any Media, GFX or Podcasts? Feel free to link one for us!

Yeah, I like to write and I've also started recently making videos. Here are some examples:
http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=98891
http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=99717
http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=99606
Quote:8. Currently the Dragons have a very deep young roster, anyone we pick will need to be patient. How would you feel about being a star for your SMJHL team another 2-3 seasons? 

I'm fine with it. The amount of time isn't really something that's important to me. What's important to me is feeling like my team has a plan for me, and is being transparent with me in how I fit into those plans, and if/when those plans change at all. You'll find that I'm really reasonable and flexible, and willing to do what's best for the team as long as I'm kept in the loop.

Quote:9. Please let us know anything else you think would help us evaluate you as a potential future Dragons Superstar!!

Like I said, there are a ton of great players in this draft. If you look at me, I'll probably never be hurting for money with the avenues I have for generating content. I'm always good for PTs. I'm probably too busy to ever hold a job on the site, but I think my ability to create content to generate cash compensates for that.

I missed about 15 TPE because I joined post-draft, but if you factor that in, I'd be one of this class' top ten earners TPE wise. 

You're going to get a great player no matter what. But if you draft me, I promise you won't be disappointed.

[Image: urawa4.jpg]
Special thanks to @Sleepy for the signature

Calgary is definitely an organization that caught my attention from the very start. A clean branding, strong personnel, and great public image is something I strive to be a part of, so I would rate it at a 10 as your team checks off all those boxes. I love teams with a history and story behind them, and obviously you have exactly that, with record holders, a number of championships, and continuous success.

I want to build a defensively minded playmaker. I've always had a vision for Ohlsson to be a strong two way player, similar to Patrice Bergeron or Ryan Getzlaf. I'm more than willing to take advice, you are the experts after all.

Not that I can forsee. I'm pretty shoed in for the future.

I'm a fresh high school graduate, in my first year of college although I'm currently in the midst of an off year. This would place me in the Under 20 bracket.

I'm a big Rangers fan, have been since I was a little kid. I also really like watching the Knights now that they're a part of the league, they have an exciting play style that perfectly fits their location.

I think the biggest thing I have enjoyed is the level of immersion this league offers. You are really able to create a story for yourself and delve deep into the history of the league, and it fascinates me to think about some of the historic building members that have contributed so much in their time. I just hope to follow in their footsteps.

I have! I'm currently nearing the $30m mark for media earnings, and one of my personal favorite articles I've written is this one where I took a deep dive into my player's head this season in the SMJHL.

I am completely fine with that, especially with the new changes coming to the SMJHL. I'd be more than happy to wait it out to improve the team.

For characters references, speak to @StamkosFan, @Winter is Coming, or @MCP_. All of them should hopefully give you glowing reviews.

[Image: ws92zPV.png]
FIRST SHIFT, FIRST GAME, FIRST SHOT, FIRST GOAL
[img=0x0]https://i.ibb.co/4fx7RqP/first-goal.png[/img]

Probably like a 6/10. Y'all have reached out so you're already ahead of the others, but nothing really draws me to you immediately.

Big goal scorer. Think like a young Ovi. Absolutely open to advice and tips.

I think I'll always have at least a few hours a week to do the PT's and maybe write some media during draft week to cash in on the 2x bonus.

20-25.

Hell yeah my dude. Bruins fan here. Still upset about last year.

The community. So many cool people here.

I have! Before the SMJHL draft I did a big write up on the breakdown of the draft class with a big ol' spreadsheet I made by hand. Took a long time lol. You can find the post here

That sounds perfectly fine to me. I love being here on St. Louis.

You may have gathered from the media post I linked, but I really like stats and spreadsheets and all that. If that's something that sounds appealing to y'all, there you go.

My player page is linked below in my sig.

[Image: rankle.gif]
[Image: 9rbVE0N.png]

Barracuda Chomp Chomp Water Dog Barracuda
Scarecrows Scarecrow Noises Scarecrows
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2019, 10:43 AM by PremierBromanov.)

I don't know anything! Although you seem to be the only team trying to convince me of your rich history. So normally its a 1 for all teams because I have no idea. But for you...3? no, 4.

Reliable two-way center, passing first mentality. I want to be used in all situations and take pride in killing penalties and setting up goals. Always open to advice

As far as weekly update go, should always have time. However, my job ends on the 30th, so I may be going to a new job that might not be as keen to let me be on discord all day lol

im 28

I follow the Red Wings pretty closely and am trying to do a better job of following the rest of the league via reddit and fantasy leagues.

The community is really nice. The Militia/Carolina locker room has been stellar

I write, no graphics or anything like that. http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=99122

I would like that very much, the Kraken have been great so far and we have just lost key players like Boone, so i want to replace them if i can and try for another cup win

I mean look at me, I'm Tom fuckin' Fiddler

Player Page

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]