Create Account

Hamilton Steelhawks S50 interested prospects

Copy and paste the below code into a reply and let us know a bit about yourself! Smile

Code:
1. What is your activity level on a scale of 1-10?

2. If you could get drafted along side one other player from your draft class, who would it be?

3. Training/Equipment gets expensive in the SHL, how much effort are you willing to put in to get SHL bucks?

4. Tell us something about yourself. What is your favorite NHL Team? What hobbies do you have outside of the SHL? Have you played hockey?

5. Do you play video games? If so, what kind of games? PC, console, or both?

6. Are you willing to change your build according to team needs?

Code:
[b]1. What is your activity level on a scale of 1-10?[/b]

Probably a 9 or 10.   In my SMJHL prospect threads I estimated a 7, but I got hooked pretty quickly.  

Code:
[b]2. If you could get drafted along side one other player from your draft class, who would it be? [/b]

This is a tough one - there are quite a few great people from the draft class.  I don't think I'd object to any specific person (with the possible exception of @Z0REM, b/c he is a cotton headed ninny muggins).   I know you asked for 1, but I'm going to go with 2 options if I have to choose - Ian Venebles ( @toirekari ) or Alexei Rykov ( @RaginCajun ) b/c they both seem cool and very active.  Just pick me first so I can rub it in their faces.

Code:
[b]3. Training/Equipment gets expensive in the SHL, how much effort are you willing to put in to get SHL bucks?[/b]

My math says I need somewhere around the $17M per season for trainings and gear in SHL so that's my target.   I've got 2 jobs (SMJHL Budget Director and Hot Potato reporter) which keep fairly consistent cash flow.   Then I fill in bits here and there with random media + weekly twitter payouts.

Code:
[b]4. Tell us something about yourself. What is your favorite NHL Team? What hobbies do you have outside of the SHL? Have you played hockey? [/b]

Random fact - I still have 2 baby teeth (and I'm probably older than most of you)

I'm a huge Capitals fan.   I'm fortunate enough to be a season ticket holder so that's clearly one of my big October - June (hopefully) hobbies.  I'm also a bit of a Tesla nerd and work in IT so there's always that.  

Code:
[b]5. Do you play video games? If so, what kind of games? PC, console, or both?[/b]

Not as much as I used to.   As I mentioned above, I'm an old guy, and the family thing generally puts the kibosh on gaming for any length of time.   But I still play stuff that I can manage casually.   Lately I've gotten into BoTW on the switch - but at just a bit of time here and there it takes me forever to progress.

Code:
[b]6. Are you willing to change your build according to team needs?[/b]

Definitely - I'd want to land on a team that will help with the build and fill gaps where needed.

Happy to talk further if you'd like.  Ping me here or on Discord  ThiefOfCheese#0881

[Image: thiefofcheese.gif]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] 

Sig credit: Ragnar, Carpy48, High Stick King

2. If you could get drafted along side one other player from your draft class, who would it be?
Pingy

3. Training/Equipment gets expensive in the SHL, how much effort are you willing to put in to get SHL bucks?
None, give me 10x10

4. Tell us something about yourself. What is your favorite NHL Team? What hobbies do you have outside of the SHL? Have you played hockey?
No, it’s private information

I play sudoku

6. Are you willing to change your build according to team needs
No

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Dunno, like a soft squishy #2.

I'm pretty biased towards my boys from ANC, so @Ferda and @golden_apricot

I've really enjoyed writing media and recently gotten into doing graphics. I try to submit something every week from at least one of those categories.

I have played hockey, fav team is the Ottawa Senators, I have more hobbies than time so there's that.

I play primarily on PC and Switch. Recently gotten back into Elite Dangerous, grinding up to 4 billion credits for when fleet carriers come out in december.

Yeah for sure. Pretty set on staying a goalie though so I'm not sure how much room you guys have for me.

[Image: EsVSFns.png][Image: uzmDXiJ.png]
Sigs by @Carpy48 and @tweedledunn

Why would I want to continue to play with Gabe?

I would say an 8, I'm active enough where I am currently writing a long draft media piece that will provide enough income for 2-3 seasons, but not quite active enough to warrant getting a site job just based on school/work commitments but I am able to contribute to the site for about 1-2 hours a day.

Probably any of my teammates from Montreal, Joseph Weston, in particular, is a pretty active and supportive aspect to our LR and would be nice to have alongside me on whichever SHL team I end up on.

As I mentioned when answering the first question, I am currently writing an article that is draft related that should, when all is said and done, net me a profit of around 30-35 million SHL bucks. Otherwise, I plan on continuing to do my 3 twitter posts every week for a stable source of income and these articles I'm writing each time a new draft rolls around in order to capitalize on the double draft media week.

I am a certified bilingual, as I took french immersion all throughout secondary school, but I haven't pursued it since attending post-secondary. I am a Canucks fan for life as I live in the Metro Vancouver area, despite how rough these past 8 years have been since losing to the Bruins. Outside of the SHL I enjoy being outside in nature, anything from hiking to biking I am into, and I truly enjoy doing these activities with my close-knit group of friends. I have never played ice hockey before but I have played ball hockey which is hockey but just running instead of skating, so I know the statistics and rules of the sport.

I used to have a console but now because of school I have drifted away from it. On the PC(my mac) however, I am constantly looking for games to play online. Town of Salem is a good one for example.

I would prefer to stay as a sniper build as that is how I plan to make my living in the SHL but if my SHL team plans on keeping me through my prime then I would gladly alter my build to support them.

[Image: bobby1.jpg]

[Image: DaNnVpo.png]   [Image: CfsNrQZ.png]   [Image: ZZLBWWZ.png]
Kraken | Switzerland | Jets

Any of the top 10 tpe earners

Zero effort

I like the Arizona Coyotes, watch plane crash, train crash, and murder documentaries. I have played and coached youth hockey

PC games, racing, fps, and league of legends

Yes, after I insult you

[Image: mpcR8M0.png]
player page                                                         update page

This is a very hard choice and putting me on the spot, but I'm going to go with Adam Barron @charlieconway

Enough effort to make sure I have enough for all that, which is like 17.1m after redistribution.

My favourite team is the Avalanche. Outside of this I'm in a fantasy keeper league, sometimes play video games and watch anime. I've played road hockey a long time ago but never on ice besides pond hockey one time.

Yes as stated above. I play a majority on PC but also own a PS4 and Switch I play exclusives on. I play more of RPGs, most recently playing Fire Emblem Three Houses.

Yes to a certain degree. I would prefer to stick to center but am open to sway on how I build.

[Image: jrousseau.gif]
[Image: j7ebBxQ.png] [Image: FbT2Pb1.png]
Canada Knights Canada Knights Canada

Quote:1. What is your activity level on a scale of 1-10?

It's a 10. I haven't missed a PT or TPE opportunity since joining after the draft. I tend to be quieter during the week when I'm working, but nights and weekends you can easily find me on Discord or on the site.

Quote:2. If you could get drafted along side one other player from your draft class, who would it be?

This is tough. I'm going to go with someone I don't know just to make it interesting. I really like what @thiefofcheese brings to the table, and since he's a playmaking centre adn I'm a scoring winger, I think we'd have some pretty great chemistry on the ice.

Quote:3. Training/Equipment gets expensive in the SHL, how much effort are you willing to put in to get SHL bucks?

I'm sitting on $21 million right now, with big plans for this weekend in terms of content. Between my articles that I write every few weeks and now my videos as well, I never expect to be hurting for cash.

Quote:4. Tell us something about yourself. What is your favorite NHL Team? What hobbies do you have outside of the SHL? Have you played hockey?

I work for a cloud computing company in a customer-facing technical role. My job requires me to fly around quite a bit, which is why I sometimes will be silent for a few days before posting my updates all at once, but I never miss a week. I live in Toronto with my wife and our dog, and in my spare time, I play hockey on the weekends and like to travel around the world. I'm thinking of going to Spain with my wife this Christmas to visit my best friend who is living in Madrid. I know there are a lot of Toronto folks in the league, too, so it would be fun to maybe meet for beers someday.

Quote:5. Do you play video games? If so, what kind of games? PC, console, or both?

The game I play most is the NHL series, and especially EASHL. I'd love to find a group of people to play with on most nights, and if my SHL team had that, it would be a huge bonus. 

I have a PC that I built for my Oculus Rift. I like it a lot, but haven't played in a while. One of these days I'll set it up and play again. I'm just waiting for some more games to come out for it.

Quote:6. Are you willing to change your build according to team needs?

Yes, I'm willing to be flexible to a degree (like if you want me to switch to centre, for example), but I'll be up front in that I'd like Hariken to be the player I envision him to be. He's going to be a pure scoring winger. Right now, I am getting defense up to 70 to help with some of his puck possession and decision making. After that, it will be boosting support stats like Endurance to 60 before focusing on getting Passing to 70 and then his core stats of scoring/skating/puck handling to 80+. I'd be interested in your feedback for sure. I'm always open to feedback.

[Image: urawa4.jpg]
Special thanks to @Sleepy for the signature
(This post was last modified: 09-21-2019, 01:24 PM by awils13.)

bump

Player info | Updates | Stats
SteelhawksCanadaWhalers

[Image: aawil.gif]

bump
(This post was last modified: 05-21-2020, 10:51 AM by Jobin.)

Code:
@Rangerjase a.k.a. Zoltan Topalo
So much effort
St. Louis Blues, fishing, video games, other things, yes
I just said I did, shooters mainly, PC
Do you mean "game the system"?

[Image: awesomecakes.gif]
[Image: beautifulphoenix.gif]

05-21-2020, 10:49 AMAwesomecakes Wrote: Code:

@Rangerjase a.k.a. Zoltan Topalo

Falcons :jobin: Falcons

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]