Create Account

S49 Championship Week

Code:
1. Written, 3 TPE
VIP Status babyyyyyyyy - your player has been invited to attend one of the first homestands of the CC finals as a VIP guest - all expenses paid, front row seats, any hotel you want - and it's all on the Commissioner's dime! Are you going to Games 1 and 2 in Boston or Games 3 and 4 in Edmonton? Why are you picking there? And what are you going to do in that city to run up Eggy's tab?? (150+ words)

Skao Anazibf is just picking the Blizzard because he loves the lads. Teddy Cuddles, Willy Mack, and fellow S49 Draftee and Best Friend Noah Andros will be there to show him around as he explores the disgusting, hell-hole wasteland that is Edmonton. We all know Edmonton is a dump, but if your boys are there? That dump is a home. Now Anazibf's a little mischievous so he's gonna be doing some stupid stuff just to run Eggy's tab up. He's gonna buy as many Andros jerseys as he can to donate to the less fortunate, just because he wants to start off being somewhat kind, maybe giving Eggy some good publicity in the process. Following that though its nothing but trouble, he's gonna rent the most expensive luxury suite at the West Edmonton Mall, pay to ride the submarine ride at least 200 times, and pick up a Gucci belt because he can. Then he'll kick back with the 200 Chilli Dogs he's bought and just chow down till he passes out, waking up in time to catch game 4.

Code:
2. Written, 3 TPE
Companies will have to pay a whopping $3 million dollars to run a 30-second ad during this seasons Challenge Cup Championship series. That lofty price tag might be worth it, as hundreds of millions of people across the globe tuned in for the SHL finals in season 48!
Task: The league is now accepting commercial scripts for the Challenge Cup. Create a grandiose commercial script involving a player in the finals or something promoting an SHL related product! Script should detail the setting for the commercial. (*tag anyone involved) (150+ words)

*Catchy Intro Jingle*

Andros: Hey guys, I'm Noah Andros and I've got a question for you? How much do you hate driving in TRAFFIC! I mean come on! Every day ya start the car, ya get in you get out of your driveway, and then boom! There's 6000000 cars in front of you, and your happiness behind you! You don't need that for your day, you don't need that for your life!

*Andros bench presses a Toyota RAV4 and throws it off a cliff*

Andros: But what now? How do you get from point A, to point B, and back to point A, in a safe, easy, and carefree way?

*Andros exits out a pair of sliding doors and walks towards the camera*

Andros: That's right, you just can't top the ease and convenience of Edmonton Public Transit, its cool! It's hip! You can meet lots of radical new people! Save the earth, save the stress, and take an EPT bus today! Just listen to some of our satisfied customers!

Hallsy: I take the bus to your mom's house.

Andros: It can't be beat! Book your EPT monthly pass today! Who knows, you might see me on there too (Edmonton please pay me more)!

*A message from the government of Alberta*

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE
As a professional hockey player, you have made a name for yourself. So much so that college, high school and hockey players even younger then that are taking notice! If young players wanted to model their game after you how would you best describe your playing style? What specific traits does your player possess that younger players should try to emulate?(150+ words)

If you're looking to build yourself as a playmaking centre and really establish yourself as a dominant force on the ice, defence is the name of the game. Its not gonna get you glory like goals or assists, and it won't put you in the highlight reel like big hits will, but its a fundamental that every player needs to focus on if they want even the slightest chance of making something out of their hockey playing career. The best part? The glory and point production will come with the defence down the line. Your positioning improves, you're shutting chances down and creating more opportunity to spend time outside of your defensive zone. All of this contributes to a play style that is fast paced. exciting, and dynamic, but it all starts with a base of defence. A sweet wrister doesn't hurt either.

Code:
4. Written, 2 TPE
Right now both coaching staffs are creating game plans around the players who have performed historically well against the forthcoming opponent. The reality is that every player has some teams they play better against than others. Which team from the SHL or SMJHL do you seem to do extra well against every time? and why do you think that you play so well against that team specifically? (100+ words)

Anazibf is too young and unestablished, but Nour Harrak tended to feed on teams that had players he had a crush on and wanted to impress. Chief among these teams was West Kendall, in an attempt to convince long time teammate and good friend Adam Kruger to sign in Hamilton without tampering him. To do so, he would play his heart out against the Platoon, really just hustling, getting to the net, ripping stupid wristers, all in hopes that Kruger was on the ice. He would sometimes throw a few quick moans whenever we hit Kruger as well, in an attempt to convey how badly he wanted to play on the same team as him, though some say the message seemed to be lost in translation.

Code:
10. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special!
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other. (100+ words)

Gotta be Teddy Cuddle, just a dynamic player who put up 24 points in a long and hard fought playoffs. He was an offensive dynamo who led his team in shots, and a hard working defensive forward leading his team in hits. Cuddles was great on both ends of the ice and was honestly the X-Factor for this Blizzard team that really earned their place in SHL History. You don't do that without a strong all around guy like Cuddles, who excelled everywhere this series. Not only was he excellent statistically, but he's also been a long standing member of Edmonton and the honest face of the franchise given his tenure with them, the MVP wouldn't look better with anyone else than this Blizzard rep!

Code:
12. 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer - Casual Member Special - SEND ANSWER IN PM TO "PT DIRECTOR"
A. Name 3 players from the EPIC S47 SHL draft class who will appear in these finals? (there are 7, you must name 3 for credit)
B. How many times have the Edmonton Blizzard won the Challenge Cup AS the Edmonton Blizzard? (franchise cups won under a different team name do not count here)
C. Name 1 SHL hall of famer who played for the Wolfpack and 1 SHL hall of famer who played for the Blizzard
D. Who did the New England Wolfpack select 7th overall in the S27 Draft?

**Important**: Send the answers to username "PT Director" with the subject of the message titled “S49 CW" - Do not send it to my personal account; those will not be graded. Do not post the answers in here; you will not get credit for the task.

Sent to PT Director

[Image: bjobin2.png]
[Image: 9tINabI.png][Image: c97iD9R.png]

**First GM in SMJHL history to win 3 Four Star Cups back-to-back-to-back**

Code:
1. Written, 3 TPE
VIP Status babyyyyyyyy - your player has been invited to attend one of the first homestands of the CC finals as a VIP guest - all expenses paid, front row seats, any hotel you want - and it's all on the Commissioner's dime! Are you going to Games 1 and 2 in Boston or Games 3 and 4 in Edmonton? Why are you picking there? And what are you going to do in that city to run up Eggy's tab?? (150+ words)

Honestly, not really sure why Chuck Crutchfield would be invited to either of these games. I guess that I’d go to the games in Boston since I live in Edmonton and it’s kind of a shit hole so yeah, I’d go to Boston. Of course, I would have to burn down the TD Garden because I hate the Bruins, but as for my player, I think that Chuck Crutchfield would just see the outside of the city and skip going to the games all together. Why would my hockey player want to be at a Challenge Cup Final game that he is not playing in? Super competitive spirit inherited from his father does not make it easier for Chuck to watch games that he feels that he should be playing in. He’s been chasing a Challenge Cup for a long time, and hopefully he gets to hoist one soon. Maybe next season. (152).

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE
As a professional hockey player, you have made a name for yourself. So much so that college, high school and hockey players even younger then that are taking notice! If young players wanted to model their game after you how would you best describe your playing style? What specific traits does your player possess that younger players should try to emulate?(150+ words)

I think that my player possesses the skill to be good under pressure, and to always push the offensive tempo of the game. I built Chuck Crutchfield much differently than I built Chris Crutchfield in the way that I sacrificed a lot of offence with Chris in order to be more physical. I wanted Chuck to be a purely point scoring defenceman and to use his stick and hockey IQ rather than his body to separate his opponents from the puck. Going forward, there is definitely still some work to do in order to get Chuck to the level that I want to get him to, but I’m pretty happy with how things have been going thus far. If I had to describe his playstyle with a couple of words, I’d have to pick dynamic. Chuck is dynamic in the offensive end and still great in his own end, as he was one of the best in the league for plus / minus last season. (165)

Code:
4. Written, 2 TPE
Right now both coaching staffs are creating game plans around the players who have performed historically well against the forthcoming opponent. The reality is that every player has some teams they play better against than others. Which team from the SHL or SMJHL do you seem to do extra well against every time? and why do you think that you play so well against that team specifically? (100+ words)

Honestly I think that Chuck Crutchfield plays better against the Texas Renegades than any other team, just based on his history with the team, and wanting to prove them wrong. Nothing against the Texas organization of course, but I noticed that Chuck had a couple of 2 goal games against them last season, his first away from the Texas organization. I’m a little more thrilled about that than I should be. Going forward, I’d obviously like to see Chuck play good against every team, but I’ll definitely take playing good against the Renegades for now. I guess we will have to see what the future holds for both Chuck Crutchfield and the Texas Renegades organization as a whole. (118)

Code:
9. Written, up to 5 TPE
Pick up to 5 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words to qualify.

A. Each of these teams has acquired some big name players recently and, with each in the CC finals, it's tough to argue with the results. Edmonton brought in TJ Bayley, Jordan Von Matt, and Terrance Nova; New England acquired Noah Konn, Ensio Kalju, and Anders Christiansen. Which of these six players will have the biggest impact on this series?
B. Build your ideal SHL Fantasy Team (F, F, F, D, D) out of the players appearing in the finals and explain your choices.
C. Johannes Leitner was a stud in net for the Wolfpack this year, posting one of the better statistical seasons for a goaltender since..... Tommy Tuck, of Edmonton, back in S45, one of the best goalie seasons ever. Who has the advantage in the crease this season?
D. What's your favorite player NAME on either team? why? (note: not who's your favorite player. which player name)
E. These two teams are both sporting SALTY MEAT as co-GMs - Tommy Salami for Edmonton and hotdog for New England. Which would you rather eat right now - a salami or a hotdog?

A. I think that Terrance Nova would be the biggest asset coming in to this series between the Blizzard and the Wolfpack. Nova has had a storied career throughout his career with the Minnesota Chiefs and brings a LOT of veteran experience to the Blizzard looking to win another Challenge Cup. (50)
B. F – Terrance Nova
F – Teddy Cuddles
F – Willy Mack
D – Tor Tuck
D – Karl Scholz
I’m pretty much picking the Blizzard here because their team is just so strong it’s hard to not want to pick everyone on here to put on my fantasy team. You have youth with Karl Scholz and veteran leadership in Terrance Nova, you really have everything with this squad in my humble opinion. (68)
C. You have to think that Tommy Tuck is the better goaltender coming into this series. Nothing against Leitner, who has begun to shine in the SHL, but Tuck put together an MVP calibre seasons recently and I think that Tuck comes with a clear advantage in net with that season under his belt, as he’s been there before. (58)
D. Karl Scholz is my favourite name out of both rosters. I feel like the Scholz "name" has a lot of legacy behind it on the SHL and I think that adds a lot of attractiveness to it. Karl has done a great job building his players up and I can only hope to have the same level of success that he has had with his players. (66)
E. Honestly I think a hot dog would be the best choice. I think eating salami is kind of gross if I'm honest. Plus, hot dogs are a lot more customisable than salami. You can't really put onions on salami by itself unless you're a complete psychopath. Thus, I think that a hot dog would be a superior of choice between hot dogs and salami to eat not only now, but forever. (71)

Code:
12. 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer - Casual Member Special - SEND ANSWER IN PM TO "PT DIRECTOR"
A. Name 3 players from the EPIC S47 SHL draft class who will appear in these finals? (there are 7, you must name 3 for credit)
B. How many times have the Edmonton Blizzard won the Challenge Cup AS the Edmonton Blizzard? (franchise cups won under a different team name do not count here)
C. Name 1 SHL hall of famer who played for the Wolfpack and 1 SHL hall of famer who played for the Blizzard

sent

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

Code:
Task 1:

Without a shadow of a doubt the games I will be attending on the Comissioners dime would have to be games three and four in lovely, cold, damp, miserable Edmonton, Alberta as the idea of potentially seeing the Blizzard sweep on home ice is too exciting to pass up.

When I arrive I will be staying in the best hotel imaginable, one suggested to me by my good friend Willy Mack, who suggested I stay at the Fantasy Land resort, hotel and spa in Edmonton where I have booked the most expense room in the establishment the luxury Princess suite, where myself and good friend Julio Tokolosh will spent the nights together, as we go out for nights on the town I fully intend on spending hundreds of dollars at the local restaurants such as the Lounge2 grill in the Fantasy land hotel, spa and resort.

Thanks Eggy for a trip I will never forget.

Code:
Task 3:

If I were a role model for the kids, which for the record I absolutely should not be I would have to say the best way to emulate the style of Conor Tanner would to be slightly mediocre in every aspect of your game.

For example you would be a good passer, never a great passer. A good goal scorer, but never a great goal scorer. A good team-mate but never a great team-mate and for last, a good skater but never a great skater.

I could list examples such as that as ways to emulate the way Conor Tanner plays hockey but I would end up being redundant in my speech.

The simplest way to be Conor Tanner is just as I said, be good, never great.

This is the only way I could ever hope kids replicate the game of Conor Tanner, as being a good hockey player does not seem to be in his vocabulary.

Code:
Task 4

Historically the Edmonton Blizzard have always done well against any team not named the Calgary Dragons.

I am more than positive the coaching team of Ace and Hotdog over in New England pleaded with the governor of New England to momentarily re-name the team to the Calgary Dragons but alas it could not and did not happen, and that is ultimately the reason why the Wolfpack lost to the Blizzard this season, realistically there was no chance of any team not named the Dragons stopping these wild-card fueled piss rockets named the Blizzard. Therefore to answer your question, unless you're the Dragons I expect to win.

Code:
Task 12

SENT

Code:
Task 10

It would be hard pressed for me to pick only one of my Edmonton Blizzard players to win the prestigious achievement of playoff most valuable player, but if I had to pick just one I would likely lean towards my goaltender, Tommy Tuck.

The reason I value Tuck so much is because he really went against the grain in playoffs, and he shook off a miserable regular season in order to become the best goalie in the playoffs, and fortunately the winning goalie in the SHL playoffs.

Code:
Task 9

B: My ideal fantasy team consisting of only players in the finals would have to be as such:

F - Tony Pepperoni of the Edmonton Blizzard - Elite playmaker

F - Terrance Nova of the Edmonton Blizzard - Veteran Presence

F - Julio Tokolosh of the Edmonton Blizzard - Rookie Energy

D - Brady McIntyre of the Edmonton Blizzard - Championship Pedigree

D - Tor Tuck of the Edmonton Blizzard - Championship Pedigree

C:

Ultimately the edge will come down to experience, and Tommy Tuck has played on the biggest stage and won, but he has also experienced the hardship that comes with losing an important game, as he lost the gold medal game back in his rookie season in the SHL. This is why Tommy will come out on top.

D:

My favourite player name in the entire league would without a doubt have to go to Julio Tokolosh, the backstory behind his name is one that you could only imagine of in a picture book or an old wives tale. This is why I believe Julio has the best name in the entire SHL.

E:

I would honestly and without bias have to choose Salami over Hotdog and the reason why is because of the versitility that comes with Salami. Is it a sandwich? In a salad? On a pizza? Mixed in your hash? There are very few places that Salami cannot enjoy the fullness of it's flavours.

If it were not for the heroic efforts of Tommy Tuck I do not believe Edmonton would be champions.

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

Trivia: Done for 3 TPE

Code:
1. Written, 3 TPE

I'm going to game 4 in Edmonton. At this point the serie should be the closest it can be to maximum tension status. I expect a tight serie and up to game 4 it should be 2-1 for any of the team. Edmonton has a great history in the SHL and hardcore fans will showup to the game and bring the best atmosphere in the league (after the Pride). I would go with my pals for San Fransisco and we would get drunk and saying stupid shit to everyone to make sure we do not get invited again. I'm kidding about not getting invited anymore. Also, to make sure Eggy's sees a dent in her pension funds, we would go to the strip club and order the Explosion's special, which is a very expensive thing only offered to Nathan Explosion and other members of the Dethklok band, kind of a secret thing.

Code:
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other. (100+ words)

The MVP should go to Karlstrabe Scholz. The dude is an absolute beast, he plays the blue line like an Evgeny Kuznetzov plays a white line. Seriously, he was my former teamate and his presence on both powerplay and penalty killing units was noticable to a point where when he left we had huge shoes to fill as a team in Kelowna. Obviously Edmonton will win it all and he will have been an impactful player across all series but I expect him to play an even bigger finale. My prediction is that he will get a game winning goal in the closing game of the cup run.

Code:
4. Written, 2 TPE

I think Edmonton has New-England's number. They seem to do well against them because they have high end talent rather than having multiple good pieces scattered through the lineup. New-England is full of depth but lacks elite guys unlike Edmonton. If I recall correctly, Edmonton won a serie of 9 straight games in S11 to S13 and historically NEW was always trying to bring the historical stats to even status but just can't seem to do it. Maybe the geographical aspect of it has an impact on Wolfpack players that when they reach Edmonton they get bored of being in the Canadian plains and feel the need to go out drinking to pass time before a game.

Code:
2. Written, 3 TPE
Companies will have to pay a whopping $3 million dollars to run a 30-second ad during this seasons Challenge Cup Championship series. That lofty price tag might be worth it, as hundreds of millions of people across the globe tuned in for the SHL finals in season 48!
Task: The league is now accepting commercial scripts for the Challenge Cup. Create a grandiose commercial script involving a player in the finals or something promoting an SHL related product! Script should detail the setting for the commercial. (*tag anyone involved) (150+ words)

Nathan Explosion is rich and famous. More importantly he's ultra mega rich, playing hockey cuz it's brutal and not for money because he became part of the biggest world economy while singing in Dethklok. So he's gonna spend at least 3000 millions to make sure the San Fransisco Pride has ads running up during the finals, the content of the ad would be subliminal messages to make everyone associate the cup finals to the SFP; including their own players. This would for sure make sure they reach the finals next years and forever, making sure referee watch the ads too just in case we need 17 powerplays in game to qualifiy for playoffs. An idea for a script would be a remake of the Lion King movie but instead every lyrics of the song would be replaced by San Fransisco Pride. Financial and commercial experts have tried warning Nathan that his conception of marketing is flawed but he just paid them more to tell him it was a great idea.

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE

Kids these days think great hockey is played with fast skating and skills. Well you know what beats both of those? Nathan Explosion and his shoulders. League is pushing brutality into a corner by promoting fast and agile players, making sure tough guys are punished when they hit star players to deter hiting from the games. That's where they get it wrong, by playing brutal, you will get penalties but by being metal about being brutal, referees will become scared to call penalties and you will be free to lay the big hits. Air Guitaring a metal solo while hiting someone is a way to be metal about being brutal. If you need inspiration, listen to Dethklok's dethalbum 3 and your face-melting abilities will make you a legend on the ice. Just watch out for the other's team goon, these guy can hurt you if you aren't strong enough to handle the heat.

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

Code:
1. Written, 3 TPE

EVO would obviously head over to Games 1 and 2 in Boston, considering that he was ddrafted by New England. Although he never got the chance to play in the Garden, EVO has built a fond bond with the players and staff of the Wolfpack, and would love to see them succeed. As for what EVO is going to do with the tab the kind Commisioner, well first of all, I would bring over other players I consider my mates with me to the Garden, preferably in front of the action. My next course of action would be to bring the players, as well as some of the NEW boys, into a british-style pub, where we would enjoy various styles of pub food, from 12 oz ribeyes and chicken legs, to one of the most british of all british foods: Battered Cod and Chips. Of course, all on the commisioner's dime. (156 words)

Code:
2. Written, 3 TPE

Barrett Blackwood (@MrStennett) and Jakub Bruchevski (@JaytheGreat) of the St Louis Scarecrows sit down with each other on a bench in the middle of the park, with the Arch in view

Jakub: Hey Barry.

Barrett: What is it, Brush?

Jakub: Aren't our SHL teams going to face eac other in the finals?

Barrett: Yeah, but I'm confident that Pepperoni will deliver the Challenge Cup to Edmonton (Cue 1 second cutscenes of Toni Pepperoni highlights)

Jakub: Against the brick wall known as Johannes Leitner? (1 second highlights of Leitner)

Barrett: You sure you're not refering to Brady McIntyre? (1 second highlights of McIntyre)

Jakub: He would eat Ulrich's dust (Final 1 second highlights of Ralf Ulrich)

Barrett: Suuuuuuuuuure, and you and I are otters and cows.

Enter Eko Van Otter (@hotdog) and Julio Tolokosh (@Julio Tokolosh) on opposite sides, giving the prospects glares of disappointment.

Cue times for the Challenge Gup games
(167 words)

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE

EVO: I'll be frank, I don't think I possess any unique physical traits. I'm don't have the reflexes of an ubermensch goal scorer like Nicolaj Muller, nor do I have the puck handling skills of an assist warrior like my very own teammate Calogero Crudelli. No, what little old me has is the ability to play anywhere just to try and jam goals in. Again, I should not that I only started playing ice hockey when i was 14, so I had to learn alot very quick in my time with the Bracknell Bees. Whilst I had to play in all position at one point (yes, even goalie), I was always given the same goal: shoot, shoot, shoot. Yes, I was also told to fill other roles, such as finding assist and to play primary defender, but I was the primary shooter, first and formost.

So, to cut through the ramble, if any younger players want to emulate me, just do two things: Be willing to play anywhere, and shoot an impossible amount of shots. (179 words)

Code:
4. Written, 2 TPE

This is one that I had no prior idea about, so I had to do a quick glance on my scoring record against other teams, and what they resulted in. In the end, I think EVO's favorite opponent would probably be the Kelowna Knights, and more specifically, Kelowna away. For some odd reason, whenever the Raptors are in Kelowna, EVO loves to play heavy spoiler, as by going off of last season, in the 3 games when Colorado were in Kelowna, EVO picked up 6 points (5G, 1A), with all of them ending in wins. Possible reasons include Kelowna's goalie being the former Raptor Alexander Thorstrom, who was in the same draft class as EVO. Knowing the goalie like how EVO knows Thorstrom can be a major advantage when you find areas to exploit. (136 words)

Code:
9. Written, up to 5 TPE
Pick up to 5 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words to qualify.

A. Each of these teams has acquired some big name players recently and, with each in the CC finals, it's tough to argue with the results. Edmonton brought in TJ Bayley, Jordan Von Matt, and Terrance Nova; New England acquired Noah Konn, Ensio Kalju, and Anders Christiansen. Which of these six players will have the biggest impact on this series?
B. Build your ideal SHL Fantasy Team (F, F, F, D, D) out of the players appearing in the finals and explain your choices.
C. Johannes Leitner was a stud in net for the Wolfpack this year, posting one of the better statistical seasons for a goaltender since..... Tommy Tuck, of Edmonton, back in S45, one of the best goalie seasons ever. Who has the advantage in the crease this season?
D. What's your favorite player NAME on either team? why? (note: not who's your favorite player. which player name)
E. These two teams are both sporting SALTY MEAT as co-GMs - Tommy Salami for Edmonton and hotdog for New England. Which would you rather eat right now - a salami or a hotdog?

A. Noah Konn has been a consistant riser when he was with the Texas Renegades, puting in over 30 points a season. He would be my ideal pick for having the biggest impact in the whole finals as he would not only be hungry for a cup, but he would also be looking for that perfect sendoff to his career.

B. Toni Pepperoni - The solid emotional bedrock of the Blizzard
Anders Christansen - A dominant pressence both on and off the puck
Ralf Ulrich - The most lethal finisher in the Wolfpack squad
Tigole Bittes - The captain and leader of the Wolfpack
Tor Tuck - The Blizzard's brick wall and opposite number to Bittes

C. Both are stndout goalies, but I would have to go with Leitner, not only for the saves he has been putting up as of recent, but also because he has, in my opinion, the deeper defensive cast that are able to help him with shot blocking and limiting bot shot numbers and sightlines.

D. Let's be real, who doesn't love a dick joke. In the finals, we have probably the best dick name in the SHL, that being one Dick Clapper. Sure, the moment you dick will get clapped in real life, all men ho sees or hears it will be clenching their balls, but the ame alone just works so well as a joke.

E. Well I do not like Salami that much, so this one kinda goes by default. To be fair, hotdogs just works as a versitile food. They can be cheep to pick up, they are filling to the stomach, and you can place in any fillings you want if you want to customise and feeling adventurous.

[Image: ProjectSaint.gif]
Sig Credit: Flappy (EVO) and Skolpaddor (RESO)

EMEKA VALENTINE-OKOLI/PLAYER

First SMJHL Goal: Colorado Raptors, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Mikelis Ozoliņš 4, Loki Odinsson 3) at 3:12, 2nd Period (GWG) / SMJHL S47 Game 47 Day 12: Colorado Raptors vs Detroit Falcons
First SHL Goal: Texas Renegades, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Josef Kubinec 5, Ricky Spanish 4) at 16:23, 2nd Period / SHL S51 Game 71 Day 16: Edmonton Blizzard vs Texas Renegades

Eternal RaptorsRaptors Old, onwards we roll Rage

And Let's Retire at the Pinnacle
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2019, 09:53 PM by Bonk.)

Task 1:  Lil’ Manius would have to take a trip to Edmonton, considering that Manius hales from New York there no way he is traveling to Boston. Considering that Eggie is picking up the dime then Lil’ Manius will be staying in Fairmont Gold King George Suite at Fairmont Hotel Macdonald. When it comes to dining the bulk of Lil’ Manius meals will be coming for the Ruth Chris Steak House. Manius loves that place although disagrees with menu’s suggestion that the 40 oz. Porterhouse is for two.  Li’l will also be out clubs such as The Bothy Wine & Whiskey Bar, Prive Ultralounge and The Black Dog Freehouse. Hopefully during the off day Lil’ will visit the Edmonton International Street Performer’s Festival or the Canadian Finals Rodeo and Farmfair if the calendar lines up right but if that does not work he will just go to the The Muttart Conservatory and check out the botanical garden.  Manius will definitely not be visiting “The Ukrainian Cultural Heritage Village” as that looks extremely boring.
Words~171

Task 3: When it comes to Lil’ Manius’s playing style he sort of model himself after his father’s playing style Big Manius. Granted Big was defenseman and Lil’ is a winger or is he a center. Either way they are both shoot first sort of players who is not afraid of the physical aspects of the game. Lil’ generally considers himself a two forward and a general all round player. Manius is an offense threat that is not afraid of dropping the gloves if you mess with his goalie. Granted this has led to some time in the penalty box just look at season 48, although season 49 was an improvement when come to penalty minutes at least.  In addition to his fisticuffs and offence play Lil’ enjoy the defensive aspects of the game, after all he is the son of a defenseman. So clearing the zone and blocking shots is something the Lil’ has been known to do if the opportunity arises.

Words~161

Task 8: https://soundcloud.com/mesbonk/cw-49

Task 9:
B: First off, I would not want any of these players on my fantasy team as they all have good players around them but if I am forced to, I will go with the following for the simple reason that they were the players with highest points from last season.

My forwards would consist of
Rafe Ulrich; Tony Pepperoni; and Teddy Cuddles

My D-men would be
Tor Tuck and Tigole Bitties

And for goalie love I would pick Johannes Leitner

Words~79

D: The players’ name the I like the most is out the challenge cups finals is Przemyslaw Brzeszczyczkiewicz because that is a name. I brutally butchered it on a recent Big Slappy Hour so I know that I cannot pronounce it. The name has six Zs in it SIX! That is just crazy so how could I pick it.
Word~58

E:  Right Now? I would rather have Pepperoni as I just picked him for fantasy but of course, he is not an option.  I guess I would say hotdog because if I were to be eating something right now I would like it to be hot. There are not many times or recipes were you eat Salami hot.  Therefore, that is why I choose hotdog over Salami. Damn a Pepperoni pizza would be nice right now.
Words~75

Task 12: Sent

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

[quote='hotdog' pid='2695829' dateline='1568338096']
[Image: 99zu0bu.png]

Everybody's favorite tasks are BACK, baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Here's the deal. You will get paid in sweet, sweet uncapped TPE. A maximum of 16, to be precise. The minds of hotdog and Izzy's ghost have combined to bring you this buffet of wonderful tasks that nobody will complain about having to do. The tasks listed below vary in amount of TPE, so do your best math to reach 16. I made it easy to reach 16.

CW deadline is Friday, September 20th at 10:00 PM ET. 

Code:
1. Written, 3 TPE 
VIP Status babyyyyyyyy - your player has been invited to attend one of the first homestands of the CC finals as a VIP guest - all expenses paid, front row seats, any hotel you want - and it's all on the Commissioner's dime! Are you going to Games 1 and 2 in Boston or Games 3 and 4 in Edmonton? Why are you picking there? And what are you going to do in that city to run up Eggy's tab?? (150+ words)
what the fuck I can not think of two cities I would less like to go to than Boston and Edmonton I mean that's not true I would rather go to those than like Detroit and Winnipeg but point is that wow this is a trash finals so I think that first I would use the commissioner's credit card to book a one way ticket out of that dump and then watch the games from the comfort of my own home while eating some snacks and drinking some beer that the commish so graciously paid for while a masseuse rubs my scalp and I get a pedicure too because fuck it how often do you get to have a scalp massage and pedicure for free not often that's how but hmm that's not really taking advantage of the opportunity so I think I'll buy sharks with fricken laser beams on their heads too just to run up the tab a bit

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE
I would describe my playing style as good and I would suggest that any hockey players out there like for example college hockey players and high school hockey players and even hockey players that are younger than that who might want to model their game after mine start by playing better because not a lot of people know this but playing good is better than playing bad and so if you start playing better then that is good and if you don't start playing better that is bad so I think that is the biggest advice that I can give and also like score goals because not a lot of people know this but you can't win a hockey game if you don't score goals so scoring goals is very helpful and then also take a lot of penalties because your team rests when they're on a penalty kill so the more penalty kills you give your team the more rested and refreshed they are which helps them win the game

Code:
4. Written, 2 TPE
I seem to play my best against detroit but I don't think that's any magic about me or my strategy or anything like that but I think it has more to do with how bad detroit is like I mean this is kind of a cheaty answer because it's like asking an nfl player what team they played the best against in their career and they say the jets or browns like duh you played best against the worst teams but you never said I couldn't choose the worst team so I am choosing the worst team and the worst team is detroit

Code:
5. Graphic, 2 TPE
Simple and straightforward - make a promotional poster for the S49 CC Finals. Must include at least one player render and the logos and names of both teams. Option A: make a good graphic. Option B: make a shitty graphic. Either will receive TPE.
I picked Option A:
[Image: o1fbkVk.png]

Code:
9. Written, up to 5 TPE

A. I think Jordan Von Matt has had the biggest impact on the series and it is not just because his name has the most words and so by choosing Jordan Von Matt I got 2 words closer to the word count that is required for this task but also because I think he will get 2 assists in the 3rd period of the deciding game that will win the championship for Edmonton.
B. Ok so my ideal fantasy team is definitely TJ Bayley, Jordan von Matt, Terrance Nova, Ensio Kalju, and Noah Konn because those are great players and players who will get me lots of fantasy points and since I know so much about the rosters of these teams this was a very educated and smart decision but also hard because there were so many players whose names I know that I had to leave off and to prove this I will name one of them for you: Anders Christiansen.
C. I think Tommy "Tomathan" Tuck has the goalie advantage in this series because I predict that he will have a shut out in the series which is really important because you can not win a game if you do not score a goal so if you can shut out the opponent they can not win that is something that people don't talk about enough but it's true even if a lot of people don't think about it and I think this shut out will be game 3
D. I think TJ Bayley is one of my favorite player names on these teams and that is because obviously TJ stands for Timothy Jimothy which is a hilarious name and is very funny and so that already gives him a head start but then Bayley is 6 letters and Taylor is 6 letters and TJ Bayley wears number 89 which of course is the year of Taylor Swift's birth so I think TJ Bayley might be Taylor Swift in disguise like in that old movie about Amanda Bynes pretending to be a dude for some reason
E. I would absolutely positively without a doubt rather eat salami than a hot dog and it really is not even close and that is not to say that I don't like hot dogs because I do but I have never once ever had bad salami no sir not even a single time in my whole life while boiled hot dogs can barely be called food

Code:
what the heck I feel personally attacked by this task because yes I procrastinated and so thank you for including this because normally I just do the preview tasks and pretend to predict stuff perfectly because I'm doing it after the fact but this time I get to write about what already happened so wow this is pretty cool and also congrats to the Edmonton Blizzard who are of course located in Edmonton Manskatchetoba in the mythical land of Canada and I think Tommy Tuck should be the MVP because he stopped a lot of pucks and did good and did not allow very many goals which helped his team score more than the other team and win the games and the series

Code:

**Important**: Send the answers to username "PT Director" with the subject of the message titled “S49 CW" - Do not send it to my personal account; those will not be graded. Do not post the answers in here; you will not get credit for the task.
sent

Jack Tanner (D) - [Player Page] [Player Updates]

[Image: mH3z832.png]

[Image: Beaver.gif]
One sig is tweed's and the other was a karlssens/Copenhagen collab

AC | Bank | Claims
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2019, 09:46 PM by Pris.)

Code:
1. Written, 3 TPE

I want to go to Edmonton. Boston is bad sports city and its players should feel bad and its fans should feel even worse about themselves. So it's Edmonton by default. Besides, Nastya spent a long time in Canada growing up, since she was fairly young when her mother moved to Winnipeg. She likes Canada. That being said, Nastya is young, stupid, and Russian. Let's not pretend that if she was given a free credit card and allowed to run it up the ass, she'd be doing anything other than getting absolutely shitfaced and buying herself some gigantic hotel suite with free-flowing alcohol and like, a fucking hot tub. Young people are stupid like that. Chances are, she doesn't even go to at least one of the games, just spends the entire night getting sloshed on vodka instead. Sounds like fun when you don't have to be responsible because you're a professional athlete and really, who gives a shit what you do as long as you don't do it in public.

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE

My playing style can only really be described as aggressive and fighty. I don't think anyone should try to emulate Nastya really, she's just bad. But if anyone were to attempt, it wouldn't be too hard. Just train hard with the hitting, make sure you're throwing your whole body around on the ice. Be gritty in the corners, shove people off of pucks. Practice your fights. Nastya's training is basically that of Ross Rhea from Goon. She serves no purpose other than to just whip around and hurt people and smile like a shithead when she does it. It's fun. Don't do it, but if you want to do it, it's ez. If I wanted to be cute and pretend she actually serves some sort of viable purpose on the ice, I would say to make sure you train a lot of body awareness, make sure you know how you're moving and how that relates to how the players around you are moving, so you can catch them off-guard with the physical play.

Code:
9. Written, up to 5 TPE

9. Written, up to 5 TPE

A. I would have expected Nova, Christiansen, and Konn to be the big names in the series of the transfers. Konn is young, but a super strong player, Christiansen and Nova are vets who have been around the block and always make huge impacts. What we ended up seeing in the actual series is (imo) Christiansen put up the strongest work. Christiansen, of the three, is the only one who put up a significant physical presence, along with a great point production throughout the playoffs.
B.
Anders Christiansen-Hercules Rockefeller-Manuel Gotze
Tigole Bitties-Brady MacIntyre
Tommy Tuck
We saw in this series what kind of impact Christiansen has. Gotze is a perennial point producer with a great physical presence as well. Rockefeller is a legend who has some great point production. Tigole Bitties and Brady MacIntyre have approximately an asdfjakfkillion TPE between the two of them, and they're always big fantasy picks. Tommy Tuck, as mentioned elsewhere, has a great ability to just stand on his head and get what he needs to done.
C. I mean, we clearly saw that Tuck had the advantage in the crease. Besides the actual evidence, it's fairly easy to see that Tuck is just the much older, more experienced goaltender, and in the head-to-head, he comes out as the much stronger goalie. In a series where the teams themselves could have been evenly matched (I mean, I'm not sure about actual roster strength, but it didn't look that unbalanced to me), the older, stronger goalie has the advantage in the crease. And that showed during the series, obviously, but there's the background behind that.
D. I'm a big fan of Tony Pepperoni. I think it's a super funny name. It's the kind of name that is just silly enough to put a smile on your face when you look at it. Honorable mentions go to the very obvious answers of Tigole Bitties, because come on, who doesn't like a good old fashioned tit joke, and Przemyslaw Brzeszczyczkiewicz, mainly because I made a point to learn how Polish phonetics work (sort of) to know how to pronounce it and that made me feel very satisfied.
E. I only really eat salami in very particular situations. It feels like a niche breakfast food to me, I wouldn't really ever eat it on a sandwich. I'm not a huge hot dog person, admittedly, but considering I haven't eaten in... over ten hours by this point, a hot dog sounds pretty great to me right about now.

Code:

I would say that Tommy Tuck has earned my playoffs MVP. From what it looks like (because let's be real, I don't pay attention to the sims, this is me just giving it a glance over now), he had a fair amount of games where he was able to keep opponents to 1 or 2 goals allowed, really giving the Edmonton Blizzard the reassurance needed for their offense to just clean up shop. He was a large part of the Edmonton sweep in the finals, with one shutout and a one-goal game under his belt to help rack up that 4-0. Tuck finished the playoffs with a respectable 0.908 SV and a GAA under 3. He's earned this one.

Code:
12. Casual Member Special - Sent

[Image: shlpris41.gif]
sig credits
[Image: FJ4Sjuj.png] |[Image: apAE8qn.png] | [Image: uEsOaLl.png]
[Image: 2dtdoyf.png]
Former affiliates: raiders Jets Stars

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2019, 09:53 PM by Slappydoodle.)

Task 1

When Esa Anrikkanen, general manager of the Calgary Dragons got the word that the SHL wanted to send a few players from eliminated teams to the Challenge Cup Finals in Boston as guests , he thought is was the perfect way to get rid of defenseman and problem drunk, Otis B. Driftwood for a few days .

When Otis found out he was being sent to Boston he was delighted by the prospect of three days of drinking and carousing in Boston on the league's dime.

At the first game in Boston, Driftwood spent the first period in a luxury box with the commissioner and some other league grand high muckity mucks. After excusing himself at the break to use the facilities, Otis wound up in the boiler room drinking moonshine with the maintenance guys. His next memory was four days later when he woke up with a massive hangover in the penthouse suite of the Boston Ritz Carlton with a large group of naked, sticky men and women all in a big pile on the bed. Otis never really knew what exactly happened in between, just that he was sexually spent, chafed and sore all beer his body and had somehow charged ten thousand dollars to the league in the interim

8 minute two man CW podcast
https://m.soundcloud.com/mesbonk/cw-49

Trivia answers sent via pm

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

Code:

1. Written, 3 TPE 
VIP Status babyyyyyyyy - your player has been invited to attend one of the first homestands of the CC finals as a VIP guest - all expenses paid, front row seats, any hotel you want - and it's all on the Commissioner's dime! Are you going to Games 1 and 2 in Boston or Games 3 and 4 in Edmonton? Why are you picking there? And what are you going to do in that city to run up Eggy's tab?? (150+ words)

I am shipping upto boston driving a 1969 ford pinto, bright yellow. I'm going right to the biggest bean factory and buying all the beans I can. I'll donate all the cans to honeless shelters. I will also buy all the stocks I can in the bean company, who will now be trading high because of the sudden increase in bean sales. I'll do this for an entire day, and then the next day while the order is being filled, sell all my stocks at one time. Now officially crashing the bean market, I go to game one, where I buy a beer and snacks for everyone. I make the entire arena sell out of everything, from merch to ketchup packetsz until they have nothing left. Then, at the start of the first period, I'll offer a million dollar reward for anyone who can get onto the ice and bring me any players helmet. Ruining the game for everyone because I am a bad person who is salty that they aren't in the finals.

[Image: TROYMCCLURE.gif]
Colorado Raptors Capitan S42-Until Forever!
Czechia Wants you! Ask about a transfer!!

Quote:1. Written, 3 TPE 

I am going to go to games 3 and 4 in Edmonton, because I am scared of Boston. No one there knows how to drive, and I also am very bad at driving, so with that combination I will probably end up in a horrible accident and end up unable to play next season and I don’t want to do that to my team. Also, unrelated to driving, I’m old enough to drink in Edmonton, so I won’t have to use a fake ID to get drinks on the commissioner’s dime because I feel like that might result in me getting suspended, and we definitely don’t want that. As far as actual hockey reasons go (I definitely don’t know how this series ends, after all), game 4 could be a cup-winning game so the potential of seeing a championship happen is always very exciting. If I am lucky enough to watch another team win a cup, I am going to get very drunk and dream about the day (in the very near future) when the Barracuda take home a championship too.

Quote:3. Written, 3 TPE
Wow, that’s kind of crazy, because I don’t really think of myself as being a huge deal, honestly. But I mean…now that I think about it, that’s probably the thing that I hope defines me as a player, that I don’t try to take center stage as my default thing. If I could teach the younger guys one thing, I think that would be it. There are better hockey coaches out there than I am, for sure, and there are people who are better at the game than I am, but at the end of the day, what I want to be is the kind of player who makes the players around me better. You can work yourself into the ground to improve your technique, and sometimes you have to do that, but being a good team player is something else, and if I had one piece of advice to give, it would be to look for the best play even if it isn't the play that makes you look best.

Quote:7. Graphic, 3 TPE
Outragous, shocking, exciting, funny and hyped! .. those are some of the words to describe the fan signs we've seen throughout this postseason!  post a 4 picture collage of the signs we've seen at any point in the S49 SHL or SMJHL playoffs!  the signs must be about a player or a team in the S49 playoffs.
[Image: MS2VSUC.jpg]

Quote:9. Written, up to 5 TPE
My favorite player name is on the Edmonton Blizzard and it’s Gilmore Tuttle, for no other reason than that it is one letter different from “turtle” and everyone knows how I feel about turtles (and if they don’t, I have not done a very good job of establishing my brand and I need to work on that.).
Quote:E. These two teams are both sporting SALTY MEAT as co-GMs - Tommy Salami for Edmonton and hotdog for New England. Which would you rather eat right now - a salami or a hotdog?
I mean, if I’m being honest, I’m just a huge fan of long pieces of meat in general but if I had to pick, I’d pick a hotdog. Hotdogs are just the ultimate fun food, they make me think of cookouts and summer and if you’re feeling ambitious you can even cut them up into little pieces and put them into macaroni and cheese.

Quote:10. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special!
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [THE EDMONTON BLIZZARD], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other. (100+ words)
Honestly my personal MVP for this series is Julio Tokolosh. I know this may not make much sense if you’re just looking at raw stats, but you have to look deeper than that at the intangibles. Julio goes out there every game and he’s….well he’s a frickin cow, man. Who else can say that? In fact, if it were up to me, I would rename it from most valuable player to Moooost Valuable Player, to reflect the real contribution he’s made. As a side note, I may also be biased because I’m a big fan of my draft class and I’m living vicariously through all of them who made it to these finals.

Quote:12. 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer - Casual Member Special - SEND ANSWER IN PM TO "PT DIRECTOR"

Sent,

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: nbb.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .