Create Account

S49 Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 09-14-2019, 05:14 PM by jRuutu.)

1. Written, 3 TPE
VIP Status babyyyyyyyy - your player has been invited to attend one of the first homestands of the CC finals as a VIP guest - all expenses paid, front row seats, any hotel you want - and it's all on the Commissioner's dime! Are you going to Games 1 and 2 in Boston or Games 3 and 4 in Edmonton? Why are you picking there? And what are you going to do in that city to run up Eggy's tab?? (150+ words)

Games 3 and 4 in Edmonton, the fans in Edmonton are super demanding - the potential for riots if and when the Blizzard lose those games are much higher than in Boston and that is the reason why I picked games 3 and 4. I want to be part of that riot and do some damage around the arena, maybe around the city as well. Throw trash cans into windows, paint on everything and in general break as many things as possible.

As a gentleman, I will leave Eggy´s information to the owners of those businesses that were damaged, going to also leave the information for Blizzard arena staff, so they know who is the person who will pay for it all. When I´m about to head home, I will go and buy a new car and just leave it somewhere, Eggy will pay for it and I will laugh. I´m sure he will find the car eventually, but significant and an annoying thing to deal with

(167)

3. Written, 3 TPE
As a professional hockey player, you have made a name for yourself. So much so that college, high school and hockey players even younger then that are taking notice! If young players wanted to model their game after you how would you best describe your playing style? What specific traits does your player possess that younger players should try to emulate?(150+ words)

I have always been an offensively-minded defender who has some physical edge, dropped the gloves quite often during my career and I used to hit more, but not as often these days. I also try to shoot the puck a lot and bring that edge to the blueline. The key behind being successful in that is trying to be selfish, I know people often think being selfish is a bad thing, but I have made a career out of it and that is the reason why I have quite a few PP goals in the playoffs for example - I refuse to pass the puck.

Young players should not be afraid to be selfish and shoot the puck themselves, too often you see skilled players go for that one more pass and it tanks the odds for the goal being scored - shoot the puck yourself. If your teammates comment on your desire to shoot so often, just give them the middle finger and keep going. The goals will come.

(163)

4. Written, 2 TPE
Right now both coaching staffs are creating game plans around the players who have performed historically well against the forthcoming opponent. The reality is that every player has some teams they play better against than others. Which team from the SHL or SMJHL do you seem to do extra well against every time? and why do you think that you play so well against that team specifically? (100+ words)

Manhattan Rage seems to fit that category, managed to score two goals in the last regular-season game against them, even in the previous games I managed to get on the scoresheet. Met them again in the playoffs, I did not score any goals but got 4 assists in 6 games. Tough to say what it is, could be that their forwards are not able to keep up with my slick moves on the blueline, that extra time allows me to make high-quality pass or move, which resulted in goals being scored either directly by me or soon after I passed the puck to the next player.

(106)

9. Written, up to 5 TPE
Pick up to 5 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words to qualify.

A. Each of these teams has acquired some big name players recently and, with each in the CC finals, it's tough to argue with the results. Edmonton brought in TJ Bayley, Jordan Von Matt, and Terrance Nova; New England acquired Noah Konn, Ensio Kalju, and Anders Christiansen. Which of these six players will have the biggest impact on this series?

Both groups of players are important players for their teams, but Konn and Christensen play tough minutes against other teams top lines, that work will go a long way in shutting down Edmonton's scoring lines and allows the depth of New England to keep firing away. Kalju has 3 PP goals, most in NEW, that shooting ability could be a difference-maker in some games. (64)

B. Build your ideal SHL Fantasy Team (F, F, F, D, D) out of the players appearing in the finals and explain your choices.

F: Gordie Boomhover, Teddy Cuddles, Rafe Ulrich
D: Perry Morgan, Brady McIntyre
G: Johannes Leitner

In offense I have the playmaking ability of Boomhover, 6+12 is the most in NEW, Cuddles and his two-way game is something every team needs, 67 hits and 6+12, naturally you need someone to score, so Ulrich is natural the third player in that line, 7+7 and his 39 hits also provide grit into the line.

Morgan has 0+13 from the blueline, an elite-level puck-moving defender is exactly what I want, McIntyre likes to shoot more, 4+12 is excellent total though, I think these two go well together.

In the net I put Leitner, he has been great and stolen games on his own. (100)

C. Johannes Leitner was a stud in net for the Wolfpack this year, posting one of the better statistical seasons for a goaltender since..... Tommy Tuck, of Edmonton, back in S45, one of the best goalie seasons ever. Who has the advantage in the crease this season?

Leitner was on fire during the regular season, 92.6 as save percentage, 2.16 goals against on average with six shutouts are awesome totals. Tuck did not have a good year, but he is an experienced goalie and can find new gear for playoffs, but even then I have to say Leitner and his excellent regular season will push Johanness into favorite position when these two go head to head. (69)

D. What's your favorite player NAME on either team? why? (note: not who's your favorite player. which player name)
Dick Clapper is a name that brings endless amount of joy into my mind when I hear it, Dick is an elegant name with a lot of history behind it, when you combine it to Clapper, you get a name that is meant for a hockey player, in many ways we are all lucky to witness something so natural and right. (60)

E. These two teams are both sporting SALTY MEAT as co-GMs - Tommy Salami for Edmonton and hotdog for New England. Which would you rather eat right now - a salami or a hotdog?
I don´t think I have eaten salami before, or at least can't remember eating it, that would be fun to try and see if I like it or not. Hotdogs are great and you can't wrong with those, a dream scenario right now would be to have hotdog that has some salami on it. (54)

Task 12: Message sent

TOTAL: 16 TPE (if task 12 is right)
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2019, 03:12 PM by SpartanGibbles.)

Code:
1. Written, 3 TPE 
VIP Status babyyyyyyyy - your player has been invited to attend one of the first homestands of the CC finals as a VIP guest -
all expenses paid, front row seats, any hotel you want - and it's all on the Commissioner's dime! Are you going to Games 1 and
2 in Boston or Games 3 and 4 in Edmonton? Why are you picking there? And what are you going to do in that city to run up
Eggy's tab?? (150+ words)

I would definitely want to go to Games 3 and 4 in Edmonton. I have never been to the city or province but I think it would be a great place to visit. I think the province would be very relatable to growing up in the midwest but also strangely different. I would run up the commish's tab by taking going to all the local famous food spots. I would also want to find all the coolest pubs in town to enjoy a nice drink. I would take my fellow SHL teammates around on late night bar crawls after the games to really enjoy the nightlife of the city. I would stay in the fanciest hotel possible since I'm not paying. I think another great reason to choose games 3 and 4 are for the possibility of witnessing the last game of the series. I haven't gotten to see a playoff push in Minny so possibly seeing the cup be awarded would be cool.

Code:
2. Written, 3 TPE
Companies will have to pay a whopping $3 million dollars to run a 30-second ad during this seasons Challenge Cup Championship series.
That lofty price tag might be worth it, as hundreds of millions of people across the globe tuned in for the SHL finals in season 48!
Task: The league is now accepting commercial scripts for the Challenge Cup. Create a grandiose commercial script involving a player
in the finals or something promoting an SHL related product! Script should
detail the setting for the commercial. (*tag anyone involved) (150+ words)

Enter a scene of a family in a grass field on a sunny day. The kids are running around playing while the parents are setting out a picnic. After a short bit the kids are called over for lunch.

"Gee mom what did you and dad make for lunch?"

"We made your favorite kids. Turkey Bacon Sub Sandwiches with extra pickles"

The Kids quickly grab the food and take a bite. One by one a look of terror comes across their faces and the begin spitting the food out on the grass. Suddenly a storm front covers the field and the clouds blot out the sun.

"What the heck Mom, why is this so gross?!"

"Did I forget something my dear?"

"Where's my Mayosota Chef's Brand Mayo?! It's the only Mayo endorsed by Mika Mayfield(@BadWolf ), Collin Gibbles, and Mathias Seger(@Segi)!"

"I'm sorry dear, I have it right here"

The Mom brings out a green labeled jar and the sun shines through the clouds and kids cheer.

The screen transitions to a shot of the the 3 Minnesota Chiefs players as a voiceover starts.

"Mayosota Chefs Mayo, The only choice for mayo lovers"

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE
As a professional hockey player, you have made a name for yourself. So much so that college, high school and hockey players
even younger then that are taking notice! If young players wanted to model their game after you how would you best describe
your playing style? What specific traits does your player possess that younger players should try to emulate?(150+ words)

If I were to describe the play style of Collin Gibbles it would be a defensively minded winger. Gibbles has a pass first mentality and is always looking for the best way to support his teammates. Gibbles goal on the ice to for the team to win, whether that means he is the person putting the puck in the net or he's just screening the goalie. Gibbles has always been heralded for his hockey iq and on ice vision. He doesn't have any problem shifting his play to a more shutdown role to keep control of the puck in the Chiefs favor. Players who want to emulate Gibble's play would focus on making good passes and stealing the puck from the opposition. Gibbles has always been known for his ability to keep a hold of the puck in the offensive zone giving his linemates the chance to get in position to get quality scoring chances. Another strong trait of Gibble's play is his discipline. He always tries to be the most reliable player on the ice and stay out of the penalty box.

Code:
9. Written, up to 5 TPE
Pick up to 5 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words to qualify.

A. Each of these teams has acquired some big name players recently and, with each in the CC finals, it's tough to argue with the
results. Edmonton brought in TJ Bayley, Jordan Von Matt, and Terrance Nova; New England acquired Noah Konn, Ensio Kalju,
and Anders Christiansen. Which of these six players will have the biggest impact on this series?
B. Build your ideal SHL Fantasy Team (F, F, F, D, D) out of the players appearing in the finals and explain your choices.
C. Johannes Leitner was a stud in net for the Wolfpack this year, posting one of the better statistical seasons for a goaltender
since..... Tommy Tuck, of Edmonton, back in S45, one of the best goalie seasons ever. Who has the advantage in the crease this season?
D. What's your favorite player NAME on either team? why? (note: not who's your favorite player. which player name)
E. These two teams are both sporting SALTY MEAT as co-GMs - Tommy Salami for Edmonton and hotdog for New England. Which would you
rather eat right now - a salami or a hotdog?

A. I think Terrance Nova will make the biggest impact on the series. Nova is an elite scoring talent as seen from his time with the Minnesota Chiefs. With the team built around him I think Nova will be in a prime spot to score goals and rack up points in the Challenge Cup Finals.

C. I think you have to go with Johannes Leitner. Leitner was the one with an amazing performance this season and Tuck's performance was almost 5 seasons ago. A lot of change can happen in that time and Leitner proved this season that he is a force to be reckoned with inside the crease.

D. I think if I were to pick my favorite player name it would have to go to Edmonton's Tony Pepperoni. His name makes me think of pizza and making homemade calzones with my parents. Pepperoni is the classic pizza topping and Tony is a classic SHL player. I only wish he had other topping based teammates.

E. A hotdog is the easy choice here. While I do love good salami, the variety of options available for a hotdog outclasses the opposition. You could have the classic ketchup and mustard, a chili dog, a coney dog, a chicago dog, a bacon wrapped dog, a mac and cheese dog, a pulled pork dog, or even a poutine dog to name a few. The choices that a hotdog opens up makes it a fast decision.

Code:
12. 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer - Casual Member Special - SEND ANSWER IN PM TO "PT DIRECTOR"
A. Name 3 players from the EPIC S47 SHL draft class who will appear in these finals? (there are 7, you must name 3 for credit)
B. How many times have the Edmonton Blizzard won the Challenge Cup AS the Edmonton Blizzard? (franchise cups won under a different team name do not count here)
C. Name 1 SHL hall of famer who played for the Wolfpack and 1 SHL hall of famer who played for the Blizzard
D. Who did the New England Wolfpack select 7th overall in the S27 Draft?
Sent

Total:  16/16

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-13-2019, 04:00 AM by majesiu.)

0. 3 TPE For PBE Affiliation

3. Written, 3 TPE
As a professional hockey player, you have made a name for yourself. So much so that college, high school and hockey players even younger then that are taking notice! If young players wanted to model their game after you how would you best describe your playing style? What specific traits does your player( possess that younger players should try to emulate?(150+ words)

It is much of a stretch to say that Piotr Czerkawski made a name for himself in SHL, as he is perennial disappointment and can't win any awards. So his lesson would be to do exactly opposite of what he did - never spend any time in the gym improving and instead just come to the league with no expectations, so you can't be angry at the worst possible results. In terms of his playing style at this point in his career he is all rounder, but clearly favors passing over shooting, and when on defense he is better with instincts and positioning rather than pure skating skills. He is also masterful puck handler, but can be (and often is) overpowered, so if i'd go with an archetype to describe him, it would Finesse Two-Way player. I'd certainly recommend defense as it's probably best attribute, but I would go with Shooting/Skating pairing over Passing/Puck Handling I've choose.

4. Written, 2 TPE
Right now both coaching staffs are creating game plans around the players who have performed historically well against the forthcoming opponent. The reality is that every player has some teams they play better against than others. Which team's number do you seem to have? and why do you think that you play so well against that team specifically? (100+ words)

Both teams were in Challenge Cup finals in this decade (and so it happens I was part of both - S42 Wolfpack & S45 Blizzard), so they have experience, but as it comes to retaining members of those squads it seems Blizzard, perenial contender for as long as I'm in the league might have edge in this department, as their bolster some of the Vets from that year: Hercules Rockefeller, Teddy Cuddles, Brady McIntyre, Tommy Tuck & Cory Knouse. Also unlike New England in S42 they won in S45 so they have knowledge how to do it and I believe they should match quite well because of that with rather new and rebuild Wolfpack team.

9. Written, up to 5 TPE

A. Each of these teams has acquired some big name players recently and, with each in the CC finals, it's tough to argue with the results. Edmonton brought in TJ Bayley, Jordan Von Matt, and Terrance Nova; New England acquired Noah Konn, Ensio Kalju, and Anders Christiansen. Which of these six players will have the biggest impact on this series?

Both teams made huge deals, and I'm happy it paid off for them, always nice to see some movements in the league, instead of just boring off-season/trade deadline. As for the impact I think I'm going to go with New England here, especially as Ensio Kalju is 1st Pairing Grit defenceman material and both Konn and Christiansen are prime forwards, that play on elite level worthy of 1st line.

F- Noah Konn, F- Anders Christiansen, F- Terrance Nova, D- Ensio Kalju, D- Jordan Von Matt
Let's go with last point and made a team that every each and every player could compete for All-SHL node and it was easily possible to do one with just acquired recently players, so despite that I chose from that pool it's still very good squad that could spearhead any contender efforts.

C. Johannes Leitner was a stud in net for the Wolfpack this year, posting one of the better statistical seasons for a goaltender since..... Tommy Tuck, of Edmonton, back in S45, one of the best goalie seasons ever. Who has the advantage in the crease this season?
That's really close and I expect big performances from both of those, as they are among top goaltenders in the entire league and I think it will depend on the rest of supporting cast to give them proper support, as they will earn they share of impossible saves and won't make many, if any, mistakes. GAA should be quite low, but I have a feeling Leitner will have low, but Tuck will become hero with at least 1 clutch shutout.

D. What's your favorite player name on either team? why?
That's super easy, given we started career together, but weren't able to continue for much longer, which is probably my biggest SHL regret (other than signing up Wink ). I'm talking about Manuel Gotze, star Power Forward and one of the few remaining players there, when I was part of Wolfpack. Likely wo won't play together here ever again, but at least we are/were teammates in several other leagues.

E. These two teams are both sporting SALTY MEAT as co-GMs - Tommy Salami for Edmonton and hotdog for New England. Which would you rather eat right now - a salami or a hotdog?
Damn, it's breakfast time here, so I think I'd go with some sandwiches with grilled cheese and salami, though how about if we mixed those two together and went for beastly mix of hotdog wrapped in salami plasters? That might have been too much, but hey, who cares, I'm working remotely today so nobody is going to judge me. Or even if, who really cares what I have for breakfast.

12. 3 TPE For Casual Member Special

[Image: Too9kfy.png]
 Player Page  |  Update Page
(This post was last modified: 09-19-2019, 08:17 AM by BadWolf.)

1. Written, 3 TPE 
VIP Status babyyyyyyyy - your player has been invited to attend one of the first homestands of the CC finals as a VIP guest - all expenses paid, front row seats, any hotel you want - and it's all on the Commissioner's dime! Are you going to Games 1 and 2 in Boston or Games 3 and 4 in Edmonton? Why are you picking there? And what are you going to do in that city to run up Eggy's tab?? (150+ words)

Wow, what a hard choice. Both Boston and Edmonton are amazing and have their ups and downs. If I really had to choice one, it would be Edmonton. Not only for the fact that games 3 and 4 would be more interesting, but also because I would love to see Edmonton. So what shall we do over these few days? First up on my list would be going to the Alberta Aviation Museum. Who does not want to see some amazing historical aircraft. Next on my list would be the zoo! The Edmonton Valley Zoo to be exact. C'mon, when you google it you get the cutest pictures! Lastly, can not forget the nature. We would have to go to the high level bridge. I have been told there is an amazing waterfall there. Surly this is just the day time stuff. At night I would be checking out this cities night life. I have heard they have good beer.

2. Written, 3 TPE
Task: The league is now accepting commercial scripts for the Challenge Cup. Create a grandiose commercial script involving a player in the finals or something promoting an SHL related product! Script should detail the setting for the commercial. (*tag anyone involved) (150+ words)

* Setting - Traditional SHL Hockey Rink, lights very dim,  spotlight on the tunnel, low thin fog on the ice. No one is on the Ice except for one person (Rafe Ulrich for New England Home games and Teddy Cuddles for Edmonton Home Games) They wait in the tunnel and skate out aggressively*
The player is sporting the new Nike Bauer Vapor XXX lite Stick. They skate to center ice and make a killer slap shot, strait into the back of the net. They turn and face the camera. The fog dissipating to clearly see the stick. 
Player: "I could not make my slap shots accurate until I got the new Nike Bauer Vapor XXX lite Stick. Try it for yourself and see."
Spot light aggressively turns off. Player smirks at the camera and the lights fad to black. The logo pops up on screen for the new Nike Bauer Vapor XXX lite Stick.

3. Written, 3 TPE
As a professional hockey player, you have made a name for yourself. So much so that college, high school and hockey players even younger then that are taking notice! If young players wanted to model their game after you how would you best describe your playing style? What specific traits does your player possess that younger players should try to emulate?(150+ words)

As a professional hockey player, you have to make a name for yourself. Whether you are known one the ice or off. On the ice however, Mika Mayfields playing style is very adaptive. A few weeks into the season I fractured my wrist. So as much as I wanted to keep making slapshots from the blue line, I could not. I managed to get more assists then typical this season because I learned to pass more. When something stands in your way, you have to figure out how to get around it. That is the most important trait I possess that younger players should try to emulate. That ability to adapt and learn over time. The easiest way to thrive is by overcoming your obstacles and learning how to grow and get stronger as a player. Thank you to everyone who has taked notice, I look forward to great things next season. Just remember, always keep moving forward.

9. Pick up to 5 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words to qualify. 
B. Build your ideal SHL Fantasy Team (F, F, F, D, D) out of the players appearing in the finals and explain your choices. 1 TPE
My ideal SHL Fantasy Team would be as follows: on forward I would pick - Anders Christiansen playing center with Manuel Gotze and Noah Konn on the wings. On defence would be the pair of Tigole Bitties and Brady McIntyre. If I were to choose a Goalie it would be Tommy Tuck. 

C. Johannes Leitner was a stud in net for the Wolfpack this year, posting one of the better statistical seasons for a goaltender since..... Tommy Tuck, of Edmonton, back in S45, one of the best goalie seasons ever. Who has the advantage in the crease this season? 1 TPE
Johannes Leitner, his stats show why he was a sud in the crease this season. Tommy Tuck, his stats for S45 are amazing. The easy answer is to say Leitner because he has had the batter season but being a goalie is not as easy as stats. If you do not have the defensive core you are likely to be okay at best. We will see who pulls it out under the pressure of finals. 

D. What's your favorite player name on either team? why? 1 TPE
There is some stiff competition. Especially among the New England Wolfpack Roster. Overall though my favorite name would have to be Slap McShotty. This upcoming center has a lot to prove with a name like that. A very Ironic name considering he is a pass first forward. Besides that, Slap NcShotty is a funny name, and therefor my favorite.

E. These two teams are both sporting SALTY MEAT as co-GMs - Tommy Salami for Edmonton and hotdog for New England. Which would you rather eat right now - a salami or a hotdog? 1 TPE
I would definitely prefer some salami right now. No offence to the hotdog, but salami is by far a more complex and superior meat. Preferably on a sandwich. One with some warm, soft Italian bread with mayo and cheese. Provolone cheese. Toast the bread, melt the chees some, add the salami and mayo. Perfect sandwich for the lake

12. Casual Member Special - PM Sent 3 TPE

Total TPE - 16/16

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2019, 05:30 PM by Leppish.)

Code:
1. Written, 3 TPE
VIP Status babyyyyyyyy - your player has been invited to attend one of the first homestands of the CC finals as a VIP guest - all expenses paid, front row seats, any hotel you want - and it's all on the Commissioner's dime! Are you going to Games 1 and 2 in Boston or Games 3 and 4 in Edmonton? Why are you picking there? And what are you going to do in that city to run up Eggy's tab?? (150+ words)

Geoff Moore is a man of culture, the booze culture so he is obviously going to Boston. His plans include a pub tour starting at noon, every pub/bar in a 10 mile radius of the Wolfpacks arena are on his list. It being Boston, Moore has prepared himself by taking self defense and boxing lessons because you know how rowdy drunk Bostonians can get. Once the bar tour is finished, he plans to head to a restaurant to get some classic Boston grub before heading to the arena and the game. At the game he expects to drink even more and root for the opposing teams player, Terrance Nova, Moore's friend and former teammate. Boston fans likely won't like that so he expects a fight or two there as well. On the 2nd gameday he plans to take it easier and just visit the best pub he found on the tour and get some pre-game drinking in before repeating his routine from game 1.

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE

Geoff Moore considers  himself to be a two-way defender, perhaps even an offensive defender at times. Also the role of Powerplay quarterback suits him. Moore would say that his skating and his great wristshot and slapshot are definitely his biggest traits. Without them he would just be an average top-4 Defenseman on most teams. So for kids that want to become like Geoff Moore, they should focus on their skating a lot, and their shooting accuracy and power. Aside from that, good defensive positioning and hockey IQ will complete the package to create a dynamic defenseman that can play all situations and produce impressive offensive numbers year in and year out. For off the ice, Moore is considered a good teammate and locker room personality, which is important to any player. Which is why for young people getting into the sport, it's important to talk to your teammates and get to know them, become friends even. Because Chemistry combined with skill creates cup winners.

Code:
9. Written, up to 5 TPE

A. Terrance Nova for Edmonton Blizzard, he's been a league superstar for a long time now and is a future hall of famer, despite being in the league such a long time, he still has plenty left in the tank. He's a true veteran with plenty of playoff experience so i expect him to be a big part of Edmonton this series.

B. Terrance Nova, Rafe Ulrich, Hercules Rockefeller, Brady McIntyre, Tony Pepperoni.

It's a lineup with extreme offensive talent, physicality, veteran leadership and monsterous two-way play. This lineup is easily the best you can make out of the two teams in my opinion. Maybe could argue with some other forwards but this is what i would select. They'd put up a great Fantasy run for anyone.

D. This is a tough one, i do love Tony Pepperoni cause it rhymes but i also really love pepperoni, especially on a pizza. But Tigole Bitties is a good one too, simple but fun wordplay and i also like boobs. But after some thought i'm probably gonna go and say Tony Pepperoni is the winner here, simply cause it's a fun and tasty name.

E. Another tough one, but a lot of this depends, is it just salami? Or is it salami pizza or salami subway sandwich? Hot dogs are fine as is, even with just ketchup throw on them they are great, Salami on the other hand is alright as is, but is 10 times better when on top of something. So i'm gonna go and say i'll take the Hotdog right now.

Code:
12. Casual Member Special

PM Sent

Total TPE 13/16

[Image: lebbish.gif]
(This post was last modified: 09-15-2019, 11:29 AM by hhh81.)

Code:
1. Written, 3 TPE 
The most important thing to note is Cassius Darrow is doing this under protest. Because he is not playing in the Challenge Cup Finals, Darrow doesn’t really care who wins between these teams. Further, VIP status is something that is worth less than nothing to the young German. This man had a flip phone until a few years ago; he’s not one for the glitz and glamour of fancy, expensive life. For this, Darrow would request a quiet hotel, away from cameras and a lot of attention, and, to support his former teammates and kind friends @Julio Tokolosh  and @TommySalami, he will attend games 3 and 4 in Edmonton. Darrow likely wouldn’t do anything to run up Eggy’s tab; it’s just not his thing. He’d probably have a beer or two during the game, avoid the cameras, and try whatever restaurants Pepperoni and Tokolosh suggest. Ideally, he could avoid any excessive media attention and honestly sit in the upper deck, so he can see the game unfold. Front row seats are for fools that don’t understand hockey; if Darrow’s going to be at a game and not be on the ice, he wants to see the strategies and flow of the game unfold as one only can a bit further up.

Code:
2. Written, 3 TPE
Companies will have to pay a whopping $3 million dollars to run a 30-second ad during this seasons Challenge Cup Championship series. That lofty price tag might be worth it, as hundreds of millions of people across the globe tuned in for the SHL finals in season 48! 
Task: The league is now accepting commercial scripts for the Challenge Cup. Create a grandiose commercial script involving a player in the finals or something promoting an SHL related product! Script should detail the setting for the commercial. (*tag anyone involved) (150+ words)

*Cue, a dark room with a flickering TV in the background with old timey hockey highlights. You hear a click as a man pulls a metal string and a lightbulb turns on, illuminating his face. He smiles a creepy, but warm-hearted, smile*

“Hi, I’m @Troy_McClure03 . You may know me from such films as “Why is Mommy Crying?” and “How the Jets were cursed to a new hell of win-less-ness.” I’m here today to tell you about a new product that every SHL star needs. It’s Joey K’s Anti Stank Powder! Do you feel the pains of aging sinking in? Has regression stolen some of your vim and vigor? With just a few shakes of Joey K’s Anti Stank Powder, your boys will be cooler, dryer, and you’ll feel the years melt away as you go flying down the ice to knock Terrance Nova’s stupid head off. I use it as a fan AND a player. It helps me feel my best as the cold dread of Manitoba winters sink in, trying to steal what happiness I have.

Joey K’s Anti Stank Powder: maybe you can break league records out of pure spite, too!

Disclaimer: @JKortesi81 is not responsible, nor endorses, this product. Any similarities to real or simulated humans is wholly incidental.”

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE
The key to playing like Cassius Darrow is to train, train, train. Many people remark on Darrow’s skating—while he doesn’t have the most explosive first stride in the league, he has shown an impressively smooth skating motion with minimal extra motion, allowing Darrow to play long shifts. The secret to Darrow’s skating is he practices frequently with weighted hockey pants—he had them specially made back in Germany, almost like the lead blanket when you get x-rays. By regularly practicing in pants that weigh 35 pounds, he can then show an extreme burst when wearing “normal” pants. I strong discourage small children from this, as it would be easy to hurt yourself, but under a licensed and trained medical/kinesiology professional, running or doing other cardio with some basic ankle/wrist weights can go a long way to helping one’s endurance and speed. Another thing young players can (and should) emulate is Darrow’s tenacity in practice and training. Maybe young players should avoid punching a goalie in the face (as Darrow once did with his DEL2 team), but challenging your teammates to be their best and give maximum effort is a worthwhile goal, I’d say.

Code:
9. Written, up to 5 TPE

A. The answer is the NEW guys, easily. All three showed themselves to be rock solid contributors at both ends, with Kalju being the long overdue yin to Tigole Bitties’ yang on the top pair. NEW has surprisingly done a great job of drafting lately (especially in S46 and S47), and the additional firepower of Christansen and Konn help reslot some of the other young guns into favorable matchups. Gordie Boomhover has been as unstoppable as he has these playoffs because opposing teams have to spend so much time trying to grind down the AC-Gotze-Konn line.

B.
F: Teddy Cuddles (EDM) – he gets hits, produces points, and takes a good number of shots for the Blizzard. Easy pick.
F: Tony Pepperoni (EDM) – he’s a wonderful human, so he’s easy to root for. Plus, he’s really coming into his own offensively.
F: Whichever of Rafe Ulrich, Manuel Gotze, and Noah Konn isn’t playing with the other two (NEW) – this is obvious. These three players kill the others’ fantasy value because they steal hits from the other two if they’re on the same line. Noah Konn went from a great 3rd fantasy forward to a garbage option after the trade. In a vacuum, Gotze is probably the best option, but it really matters who they’re playing with.
D: Tigole Bitties (NEW) – he anchored my fantasy team this year, as a rockstar in every facet of the game. He’s everything you want out of a #1 dman.
D: Tor Tuck (EDM) – SO MANY HITS for this mean mfer. Plus, in the seasons where he decides to score, he can SCORE! His offense goes in waves, so it’s always risky.
G: Johannes Leitner – see below

C. Leitner. The answer is Leitner. STHS likes him this year, in both playoffs and regular season. We may never know who or what was sacrificed so Leitner could have such a lights out season, but here we are. Tuck is good, no questions, but Leitner has been on another level. I think this series will be won elsewhere on the ice, but if it’s a goalie battle, my money’s on Leitner.

D. My favorite player name in the finals is Julio Tokolosh @Julio Tokolosh. It slides off the tongue, like a buttered piece of crab meat. Smooth, sweet, and delicious. It helps that Toko is a beautiful ball of USDA premium beef, as well. Regardless, he’s also one of my favorite people in this series, so that helps, but the name is just so great. Plus, it plays well to a great nickname like Toko.

Code:
12. 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer - Casual Member Special - SEND ANSWER IN PM TO "PT DIRECTOR"
 Will do.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2019, 07:27 PM by StaticShocked.)

TASK #1 (223 words)
Being invited to two games of the Challenge Cup Finals is such an honor, but where to go? Hmm... decisions, decisions. While both cities are great in their own ways, I'll be attending games 1 and 2 in Boston. I've visited Boston a couple of times before, and it's always such a beautiful city to walk around. You get plenty of great views of the Atlantic Ocean whether it be on land or out on the sea on a ferry. The various food places are also a big draw to the city. Along with the overall experience of the city, why not check out some local attractions before the finals start? I'll go to see a Red Sox game at Fenway, maybe take a trip up to Gillette Stadium to see some Pats preseason football, and maybe go watch a Revolution game at wherever they play (because I can't think of it off of the top of my head.) In terms of where I'll be staying, I'd probably want a place that's close to TD Garden so I don't have to worry about public transportation and the possibility of running late. I don't mind walking, however. You get to know the people on the street that are going to the same place as you! This is going to be such a fun time.

TASK #2 (170 words)
INT: Locker room, day. Edmonton Blizzard player Brady McIntyre can be seen lifting a weight at his locker.

McIntyre: Hey you! Bored this weekend? Of course you are! Why not remedy your boredom with...

(The screen explodes into a full screen graphic.)

McIntyre: EDMONTON BLIZZARD CHALLENGE CUP FINALS HOCKEY?!

McIntyre begins to put on his equipment.

McIntyre: That's right! Your Edmonton Blizzard is taking on the New England Wolfpack in this epic conclusion of another season of SHL hockey. The boys and I have made it all the way through the Western Conference, defeating the Panthers, Dragons & Specters along the way. You don't wanna miss what happens next!

McIntyre puts on his helmet and fixes the straps.

McIntyre: It's gonna be a rough and tumble series, folks! So what are you waiting for? Tune in to channel 590 and enjoy all of the SHL hockey that your body can contain.

Offscreen Voice: Brady, you ready to go?

McIntyre: You know I am.

McIntyre exits the locker room. End scene.

@caltroit_red_flames

TASK #3 (191 words)
When I was just starting my hockey career, I tried to model my game after the playmakers in the league. Taking example from NHL players like Nick Backstrom & Mark Schiefele, I wanted to be a player who can push the play forward throughout any defense, no matter how difficult it may be. In doing this, there are a few aspects to my game which I will always prioritize. The first one - keep your head up. I can't stress how important keeping your head up is and avoiding big hits, causing you to lose the puck. While you might not be able to avoid every hit, it'll keep you from getting hit most of the time. Another big tip is to know where your teammates are and where they're going to be. The crispest passes are the ones that your teammates anticipate, so don't be passing it behind them. Instead, pass to where they're going to be skating, right on the tape of their skate. My final tip - always look for an opening in the defense. You can't push any play forward if you're just skating behind and into open coverage!

TASK #4 (124 words)
The one SMJHL team that I always seem to do the best against has to be the Anchorage Armada. I don't have the stats on hand at this very moment, but I feel like I always play some of my best games against them. I feel like I play so well against them because I've figured out their game. They have a very particular way of setting things up defensively, and once you figure out their pattern, it's easy to see where the openings are and how fast you have to be to make a push. I'm not knocking them in any way, however. They're a great team and it's always a fun matchup when the Whalers face our boat friends from the north.

TASK #12 - PM sent.

Total TPE: 12/16 minimum, 14/16 if I got all the answers for task #12 right

[Image: leblaVa.gif]
Shoutout to @adamantium for the sig! <3

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2019, 09:45 AM by dmills3.)

Code:
1. Written, 3 TPE

You’re absolutely fuckin right I’m going to Games 1 and 2 in Boston. I’m picking there because Boston always has intense crowds and would be a great environment to take in SHL hockey. Also, there’s so much to do in Boston when I’m not attending the games. For example, as a huge Red Sox fan, I’m making Eggy pay for tickets to go see a Red Sox game in Fenway (since the one time I was there, the game got rained out ffs.) As for the hotel I’ll be staying in, there’s a hotel right across the street from Fenway where you can see the field from the windows, so I’m picking the top floor of that hotel so I can look into Fenway at night. Other than that, I’m going to go to the original Wahlburger’s restaurant and get a top tier burger and maybe meet Mark Wahlberg, since he can be found there every so often.

Code:
4. Written, 2 TPE
Right now both coaching staffs are creating game plans around the players who have performed historically well against the forthcoming opponent. The reality is that every player has some teams they play better against than others. Which team from the SHL or SMJHL do you seem to do extra well against every time? and why do you think that you play so well against that team specifically? (100+ words)

When I was in the SMJHL, it always seemed I performed better against the Anchorage Armada. I think, in part, that was due to my hated rival, Gabriel Johnson (@gwdjohnson) being on that team after my rookie year. It just felt I had to elevate my game to outperform him every time he was on the opposing team. But now I have to deal with him in Hamilton so I guess I have no choice but deal with him and try to win with him. Vancouver, as a whole, always seemed to perform better against Anchorage during my time there, so at least it wasn’t just me that hated Gabe.

Code:
9. Written, up to 5 TPE

A.) I think Ensio Kalju is going to have a huge impact on the series outcome. From his ability to put up points from the blueline, ability to play over 25 minutes a night, and even his ability to block a large amount of shots, I think he’s going to play a game that fits well against the Edmonton team.

B.)
F – Rafe Ulrich  Wolfpack
F – Teddy Cuddles  Blizzard
F – Manuel Gotze  Wolfpack
D – Tor Tuck Blizzard
D – Brady McIntyre  Blizzard

I chose this team because, as we all know, hits are king in SHL fantasy. So, I picked the best hitters on the team, that can also contribute on the scoresheet. Rafe Ulrich is the most obvious pick in my opinion because of his ability to constantly be in the upper portion of the league in hits, while also being around a point per game.

C.)  I think Edmonton and Tommy Tuck still have the advantage in goaltending, despite Johannes Leitner’s incredible season. Tuck is still the ultimate goalie, having 300-400 more tpe than Leitner. Leitner is still going to be a mainstay in net for the Wolfpack for a while to come, but I think Edmonton has the advantage in this series.

D.)  Alright so I’m stuck between 2 names for this one, and both are from NEW. I have to go with Dick Clapper and Manuel Gotze. I chose Dick Clapper because it just rolls off the tongue and always gets a smile out of anyone when they say it. I picked Manuel Gotze because he was my favorite soccer (football) player when he was on Bayern, so I have that emotional connection to the name. If I was forced to pick one though, I’d pick Dick Clapper.

Code:
8. Podcast, 3 or 4 TPE
Record a mini-podcast on any of the below topics!
- Highlights of the S49 season (on or off the ice)
- S49 playoff round-up
- S49 Challenge Cup finals Breakdown
- Offseason outlook

1 person Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 5 minutes or 4 TPE for 7 Minutes
2 person Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 6 Minutes or 4 TPE for 8 Minutes
Post the direct link to your podcast.

Podcast Link

[Image: dmills3.gif]
[Image: 6by0kBi.png] || [Image: ohmEd0h.png]

CanadaWhalersSteelhawks
(This post was last modified: 09-17-2019, 02:53 PM by Bruins10.)

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE

The first thing I would say is that you gotta get your behind in a weight room. Getting stronger and getting bigger will help your game tremendously, especially as a defenseman. I am not really a hitter, but I do not get pushed around easily. I fight to win the battles in the corners and mostly win them.
The next thing would be to work on your skating abilities. I got a big frame and that hurts me a little, which is why I had to really work hard to improve my edge work and my speed. I would look awkward and terrible if I was not able to skate and be huge like I am.
Lastly, your vision and passes. Outlet passes out of the zone to start the rush on the offense is a key part of my game and is the reason I get on the scoresheet. As a defenseman, I have to know what is happening everywhere on the ice. If there is someone behind me, or going back door and what not in the defensive zone. Plus, I help my team get goals aswell so I always have my head up to try and feed my teammates in good areas. So, vision and passing go hand in hand.

Code:
9. Written, up to 5 TPE

A. I think Noah Konn will have the biggest impact on the finals. He was a shock to me when I saw he had gotten traded to the Wolfpack and that was the nail in the coffin to say that they were serious this year. They added the right piece to finalize that roster to make them a contender and look where they are now. Hes averaging a little over a point per game so far in the playoffs so we know we will be hearing his name alot this series.
B. Well I would choose Noah Konn, for the reasons stated above. From Edmonton I would choose Teddy Cuddles and Tony Pepperoni. They are both tied for the league lead in points for the playoffs as we speak and they also bring a physical presence into the game. They combine for around 100 hits so far in the playoffs, so keep your head up. Brady McIntyre and Tor Tuck would be the clear favorites on defense because of the amount they have contributed to the offensive side of things. They are 1 and 2 in defense scoring and oh yeah, they also have over 50 shots blocked in these playoffs.
C. Well you just said it, Leitner has been a stud and will continue to be a stud. It will be tough for him to keep up such good numbers when he has to go up against the fire power that Edmonton has. But that is exactly what will make him a legitimate goaltender. To be the best, you have to beat the best and go up against the best and Leitner will have his opportunity to do just that.
D.  There are some easy ones to pick like Slap McShotty or Dick Clapper but I would have to go with the simple one of Biz Nasty. I am a huge fan of Barstool Sprorts and Spittin Chicklets and Biz Nasty, the real life Biz Nasty, is one of the hosts there. He always makes me laugh and is a crucial reason why that podcast is so successful.. So yeah, that would have to be the name I like the most going into the series.
E. Not a big salami guy. I am italian and cold cuts are a big thing in our culture. Salami, that is one thing I have never been a fan of. I would much rather have some prosciutto or some soppressate, homemade if I could get my hands on some. But a hot-dog always goes down. Especially in Quebec, they have all kinds of places like La Belle Province and Petit Quebec that sells them at like 99 cents. You buy 4 or 5 of those and you good to go

Code:
1. Written, 3 TPE
Well considering I am a huge Bruins fan, as you can tell by my username, I would definitely go to the Games 1 and 2 in Boston. I would most probably go and watch a Bruins practice if the timing is right, I know the pre season hadnt started yet so that wouldnt be possible. Catch a New England Patriots game in Foxboro would be pretty awesome aswell. I live in MTL so I do not have an NFL team to go and cheer on. Also, the little Italy in Boston is a great place to walk around and catch a quick bite or even a little dessert. It would keep me extremely busy while the playoffs go on in the SHL. But, hopefully I still have time to watch a Red Sox game and catch a seat at the Green Monster. It would be a sports filled vacation forsure but hey, thats what I love to do and watch.

Code:
10. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special!
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other. (100+ words)
Well looking through the game sheets, we all know it would be someone from the Blizzards. The easy choice would be to look at the goaltender and say well he won 4 straight games, so he gets the MVP of the series but I honestly think Hercules Rockafeller would be the one that takes the MVP. Posting a whopping 8 points in 4 games is something extremely tough to do, and he was 2 points ahead of the next guy in the series points leader. He also posted 4 points in a single game and seemed to be the guy that could not have been stopped by the New England Wolfpack. Every time he was on the ice, he made a difference as it seems as though he created goals whenever he touched the puck. Looking at other intangibles I guess, he also had 11 shots and 10 hits in the series. He was generating scoring opportunities with shots and making his physical presence be felt by the other team, throwing his body around like a wrecking ball. Seems like an easy choice to me who would be the series MVP in this finals.

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature
(This post was last modified: 09-17-2019, 08:03 AM by RomanesEuntDomus.)

Quote:1. Written, 3 TPE

Uff that's a tough one, I'm not gonna lie those probably aren't my most favorite destinations in this league. Edmonton who just beat my team in the wildcard round and isn't exactly the most attractive or easy to reach city on this continent, or Boston which is full of Bostonians. I would probably end up going to Edmonton though just because it's a city that I've been to a lot less over the years and it's a bit more different and dare I say exotic compared to what i'm used to. Since I hate watching games while being forced to sit out myself though, I will probably not spend too much time in my front row seats and looking at the ice though and instead indulge myself in the luxuries of the VIP booth, the food and drinks, the networking, the chance to just wander around aimlessly without people asking you what the hell you are doing here...

Quote:2. Written, 3 TPE
Companies will have to pay a whopping $3 million dollars to run a 30-second ad during this seasons Challenge Cup Championship series. That lofty price tag might be worth it, as hundreds of millions of people across the globe tuned in for the SHL finals in season 48!

Let's face it, the SHL has grown old. Players used to come into the league as starry-eyed 18 years olds with the fresh young attitudes of teenagers and many of them were out again before even hitting their thirties. Nowadays most prospects are forced to marinate and grind away in the minors until they are 21, but then end up staying in the league much longer, some even well into their fourties. As a result, the mean age of SHL players has gone way up which isn't a bad thing though but instead presents us with many exciting advertising opportunities! So why not go with a commercial for anti-hair loss products, which nowadays doesn't just have to be aimed at the fat and balding sports fan in front of the TV, but can now appeal to the fat and balding players on the ice as well. Fighting regression for 10+ season can really take a toll on your body, so why not fight that fight while at least having a full head of hair? The players I would use for this would be old man Terrance Nova and (relatively) young gun Tony Pepperoni, whose light-hearted banter among teammates in the dressing room would help present the whole issue in a humorous light.

Quote:3. Written, 3 TPE

It sounds clichee but success is a state of mind. You need to be willing to work hard first and foremost, if you don't do that then no talent in the world will get you to the big leagues. You might be the big deal at your school or in your local town right now, but sooner or later you will hit a level where everyone is as talented as you, and then it will all depend on your willingness to put in the work. Be hard on yourselves and hard on your teammates, but also be fair and forgiving. Working on yourself is not enough, if you want to be a star then you will also need to make the people around yourself better, so accept responsibility when it is given to you and try to take on a leadership role, not for your own ego but to further your teams success. Help the people around you to improve their game both by leading by example and by giving them pointers and you'll see that helps you just as much as it helps them. You will only be able to perform on the ice if the groundwork has been laid off the ice and aside from all the things I already mentioned, this includes nutrition and taking care of not just your physical, but also your mental health. There will always be people around you who will be willing to help you with these things, so don't hesitate to ask for help if you need it!

Quote:9. Written, up to 5 TPE

A. I think generally speaking, Edmonton did better with the players they acquired. New England actually had some pretty unfortunate trades over the last year, but luckily their existing talent and expecially Johannes Leitner carried them through the season and into the playoffs. Edmonton on the other hand got two excellent and not exactly expensive additions in Terrance Nova and Jordan von Matt and I especially liked the Jordan von Matt acquisition. A not super-flashy but super reliable defender like him can be absolutely crucial in a Championship series.
B. Tony Pepperoni - Anders Christiansen - Rafe Ulrich, Tor Tuck - Jordan von Matt
At forward we have three excellent scorers who also have other facets to their game. Pepperoni and Ulrich are great defensive players as well and Christiansen is one of the top face-off guys in the league. On defense I went for a Chara-Seidenberg style combination, a super-grizzled vet in Tor Tuck with a proven track record of success, and a not as well know but super reliable player in Jordan von Matt who is right in his prime.
C. -
D. Johannes Leitner. I just like myself those regular, somewhat boring but realistic names that make this league somewhat believable between all the joke names and puns. Plus it's a German-sounding name, although it always breaks my heart a little bit when I remember that he doesn't actually play for Team Germany.
E. A salami, especially the pepperoni kind. Salami is nice and goes with a lot of things, as part of a healthy breakfast or a quick cold dinner as well as on a Pizza, Sandwich or many other types of unhealthy and delicious foods. Hotdogs on the other hand are just gross, I come from a sausage country so a crappy sausage, which most hot dogs are, is like a personal insult to me.

Quote:12. 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer - Casual Member Special - SEND ANSWER IN PM TO "PT DIRECTOR"
A. Name 3 players from the EPIC S47 SHL draft class who will appear in these finals? (there are 7, you must name 3 for credit)
B. How many times have the Edmonton Blizzard won the Challenge Cup AS the Edmonton Blizzard? (franchise cups won under a different team name do not count here)
C. Name 1 player from the New England Wolfpack hall of fame and 1 player from the Edmonton Blizzard hall of fame.

Done
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2019, 09:15 AM by luke.)

Code:
2. Written, 3 TPE

"IN A WORLD WHERE THE ICE IS FADING FROM THE POLES, WE STILL HAVE HOCKEY. WATCH AS 2 TEAMS FROM THE NORTH AMERICAN CONTINENT BATTLE IT OUT IN HOPES TO WIN A CHALLENGE CUP. *skates hits ice* WATCH THEM HIT, SAVE, AND SCORE THEIR WAY TO VICTORY. *skates stopping, ice getting blown up in the air* RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW, BEST OUT OF 7, WILL EDMONTON DEFEAT NEW ENGLAND? OR WILL THE WOLFPACK BEAT THE BLIZZARD *wolf howls in the background* JOIN US EVERY OTHER DAY OR MAYBE EVERY OTHER 3 DAYS FOR THE BATTLE OF THE YEAR. GOALIE AGAINST GOALIE *sounds of pucks hitting a pad* LEITNER VS TUCK. CAPTAIN AGAINST CAPTAIN. YOU WILL ONLY KNOW WHO WINS IF YOU TUNE INTO YOUR TV's, SHL NETWORK, OR SOME ILLEGAL STREAM YOU ARE WATCHING IT FROM. WILL YOU BE HEARING THE PEOPLE OF NEW ENGLAND SCREAM? OR WILL YOU HEAR EDMONTON SCREAM, NEW ENGLAND IS LOOKING FOR THEIR FIRST CUP IN OVER A DECADE WHERE EDMONTON IS LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING THEIR CUP BACK THAT THEY LOST AFTER S45."

Code:
4. Written, 2 TPE

For some reason, whenever Toronto North Stars play either New England Wolfpack or Hamilton Steelhawks, they always lose. When you look at their team profile.Season 36,  Lost Round 1 4-2 to New England Wolfpack, S33: Lost East Final 4-3 to New England Wolfpack, S34: Lost Round 1 4-3 to New England Wolfpack,S31: Lost East Final 4-3 to New England Wolfpack.

Then in a string of 4 seasons they lost to Hamilton
S26: Lost East Final 4-3 to Hamilton Steelhawks
S27: Lost East Final 4-0 to Hamilton Steelhawks
S28: Lost Round 1 4-1 to Hamilton Steelhawks
S29: Lost East Final 4-3 to Hamilton Steelhawks

so safe to say they have been having bad luck against those 2 teams

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE

Luke Thomason has had a lot of changes in his career. Beginning of his career he was a winger playmaker. When he turned pro though, he switched  form a sniper winger, and worked with that for the next couple seasons. Then Luke evolved into a center, getting more confident about how he can control the ice. So my particular playing styles would revolve around a couple things. First of all, I pride myself on a solid defensive game. I consider myself a great 2 way center that also snipes and pots some goals. They should try to emulate a strong forecheck that helps your defense out, or when they get caught in a pinch, you can help that way too. As well as you can get up near the crease of the net and help reflect some pucks in, but you also want that mid range sniper capabilities, so that you can go up where the grandma hides the cookies if you know what i mean Wink

Code:
9. Written, up to 5 TPE

a) Terrance Nova is the most impactful player that each team brought in. When EDM traded for him at the beginning of the season, added very good depth to Edmonton, and now in the playoffs, he amassed 13 points over 19 games, which is pretty good. He plays both PP and PK time as well.(54 words)

b) The 5 players I would put on my SHL fantasy team for the playoffs. The first forward I would put is Gordie Boomhover, who put up an amazing 18 points in 11 games so far. The 2nd player I would take is Teddy Cuddles, who is almost a PPG with 18 points in 19 games. My final forward would be Tony Pepperoni, as he was a beast in the regular season, and he doing great in the finals. The 2 defenseman I would take is Brady McIntyre and Perry Morgan. (91 words)

c) I think Leitner has the advantage in crease this seaosn. As Tommy Tuck is a great goalie, Leitner has been leits out all season, and with a weaker team behind him. He had to stop a lot of important games, as a lot of the games against Manhattan came from 1 goal as the difference, so he had to clutch up in the end.(64 words)

d) I think this one is pretty easy. That would be Przemyslaw Brzeszczyczkiewicz of New England Wolfpack. Not only a fresh Czechia transfer, but that name has so many y's and c's and z's it looks like a computer error message. Its is a legendary name and everyone should look at it for inspiration to name their children.

e) I would eat a hotdog right now. Bro okay let me lay it down for you. I get my grill out okay? get that to a good 250-300 degree's. Then I put my hotdogs on real nice, to get that grill marks. I make some homemade spread to spread all over that hotdog, add a little bit of ketchup and boom, you got a gormet hotdog. If you want to go extra fancy, grill the buns too(on the top rack), so it had a little crunch.

Code:
C. Name 1 player from the New England Wolfpack hall of fame and 1 player from the Edmonton Blizzard hall of fame.

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Code:
1. Written, 3 TPE

I think I'm going to game 3 in Edmonton because it's always a pivotal game in the series, i.e. if it's tied 1-1, statistically the winner of game 3 goes on to win the series in most cases. If it's 2-0, then it's a must-win game for the trailing team.

First I need to buy plane tickets from Toronto to Hamilton. After searching on google flights I decided to buy business class tickets for $1650. Next I need to make a hotel reservation and I booked a hotel for $500 a night.

There's one more thing I need to do before going to Edmonton, I need to buy new equipment. I'm still on my minimum $500k rookie contract and I ran through that pretty quickly, now I'm basically living on welfare and this opportunity couldn't have come at a better time

Not going to spoil who won but game 3 was great. The next day I went to an oilers game to watch one of the superstars from another universe play, this trip was a lot of fun.

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE

I think if I had to describe my philosophy in one sentence, I'd say it's better to score 30 points and be +20 than score 60 points and be -20. Defense is just as important as offense. So this is my number one advice to young players, you have to learn to play a 200-foot game. Work on fundamentals, skating, puck handling, faceoffs if you're a center, and so on. These things might not be as fun as shooting the puck at the net but they make you a better player and they help your team win.
With that said, personally I do like to score goals and hopefully I can score 30+ goals in SHL one day. But in my junior career I finished with 36 goals and 63 assists so I feel like I'm a hybrid player and I'm able to make the right decision when I have the puck. I'm also willing to modify my game to fit what my team needs, so that's another very important thing, be a team player.

Code:
4. Written, 2 TPE
Right now both coaching staffs are creating game plans around the players who have performed historically well against the forthcoming opponent. The reality is that every player has some teams they play better against than others. Which team's number do you seem to have? and why do you think that you play so well against that team specifically? (100+ words)

I've only played 1 season in SHL so far and I'm not that good yet so I don't think I can say I have any team's number, but when I was in Vancouver we definitely had Anchorage's number in seasons 47-48. If I remember correctly we were like 20-4-1 against them, including 8-1 in the playoffs.

I think we just went on a little hot streak against Anchorage at first, and in the following games we played with a lot of confidence, and it was the opposite for them, so we were able to perform well against them. Maybe our roster just matched well against theirs, things like this are difficult to explain but obviously we've had a lot of success when playing Anchorage.

Code:
7. Graphic, 3 TPE
Outragous, shocking, exciting, funny and hyped! .. those are some of the words to describe the fan signs we've seen throughout this postseason!  post a 4 picture collage of the signs we've seen at any point in the S49 SHL or SMJHL playoffs!  the signs must be about a player or a team in the S49 playoffs.

[Image: DhxhRQ5.png]

Code:
9. Written, up to 5 TPE

F - Tony Pepperoni (almost 300 fantasy points in the regular season)
F - Rafe Ulrich (power forward who gets a lot of hits, top 20 fantasy scorer in the regular season)
F - Teddy Cuddles (one of the top 2 way players in the league)
D - Tor Tuck (top pairing, 18 hunred tpe)
D - Brady McIntyre (League TPE leader, likely to put up good stats)

Leitner had a great season, Tuck is a high tpe goalie who is capable of putting up good stats but he's struggled a bit the last couple of seasons. Strangely enough, I think Edmonton has the advantage in goal in this matchup. Both goalies are pretty close on paper (Tuck has more tpe actually), and I feel like simon tends to screw over goalies coming off a great regular season in the playoffs.

Code:

**Important**: Send the answers to username "PT Director" with the subject of the message titled “S49 CW" - Do not send it to my personal account; those will not be graded. Do not post the answers in here; you will not get credit for the task.

sent

Player info | Updates | Stats
SteelhawksCanadaWhalers

[Image: aawil.gif]

Simmer claim for all

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

1. I am going to attend the first 2 games in boston because seriously, edmonton is really cold at this time of the year and yes i know that boston is also up in the north and is gonna be cold too but boston is way cooler because it is in america while edmonton is in stinky canada where the nightlife also sucks compared to boston. i am a big fan of the red sox so i will also take a tour of fenway park while i am in boston for games 1 and 2 and cheer on the wolfpack when it comes time for the puck to drop. edmonton has also won a challenge cup not too long ago but i dont think new england has gone to a challenge cup finals in a while so it will be an exciting series and the atmosphere will be way better in boston where the fans are hungrier for success and not so jaded. (3 TPE)

3. Michael Scarn's playing style is best described as one revolving around speed. Scarn has never had the best shot in the league, and will likely continue to fire wide of the net even as he progresses in tpe and upgrades his shooting because he has always been a bit of a loose cannon with the hockey stick. instead, scarn chooses to excel on the ice by moving quicker than anyone else. scarn constantly competes in short circuit speed skating competitions to hone his craft in making tight turns, improving his agility and lateral movement on the ice in addition to reaching his top speed which comes mostly through natural talent and aerodynamic form by contorting his body into the form of a jet, making sure that the wind touches off of the tips of his fingers kind of like a jet's wingtips. It is difficult for younger kids to emulate this kind of skating ability but Scarn definitely shows that you can put the effort in and find results. (3 TPE)

9A. I think that TJ Bayley will bring the biggest effect on this series. TJ Bayley is a serial winner on the ice, having won with the Buffalo Stampede and is seriously a playoff legend for the Stampede. The Edmonton Blizzard will count themselves lucky to have landed Bayley who will look to stamp his mark on this series for the Blizzard and look to bring a second title to the Blizzard, who have made it work through some aggressive maneuvering and wheeling and dealing. (1 TPE)

9C. I have to go with the hot hand, Johannes Leitner, to be the bigger x-factor in this series. With no disrespect to Tommy Tuck, the netminder for the blizzard, Leitner has been playing on another level and playing goalie in hockey seems to really be a lot about confidence at the time. While Tuck boasts some historical success, he has struggled at times in recent seasons to back that level of play on a consistent basis. Leitner is certainly the better performer as of right now so i'll go with him to being the key to success in this series, and an advantage to the wolf pack. (1 TPE)

9D. My favorite player is on the edmonton blizzard and his team is brady mcintyre. oh captain, my captain! the captain of the czechian hockey team in the IIHF is the fierce backline leader for the edmonton blizzard. he is renowned as the world's best defenseman and might very well be one of the best outfield players in the entire sport. mcintyre consistently plays center for the czechian team which just shows how much of a class he is above the rest of the players. i look forward to seeing how mcintyre plays this series. (1 TPE)

9E. This is a really tough question. Hot dogs are pretty fun to eat but they're pretty well known for being super unhealthy. Meanwhile, salami is kind of limited because it's typically used as a cold cut for a sandwich. Then again, hot dogs aren't too flexible either, and even have to be put on a hot dog specific bun rather than any kind of bread. I'll go with salami for that reason, as I prefer the versatility of salami compared to the rigidness that a hot dog brings. (1 TPE)

12. Sent to PT Director (3 TPE)

PBE Welfare (3 TPE)

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

[Image: scarn.png]

[Image: m59RPb7.png] [Image: czechup.png]
[Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]
(This post was last modified: 09-17-2019, 03:03 PM by StamkosFan.)

Code:
1. Written, 3 TPE
I would definitely be going to Edmonton, since I have had positive experiences with almost every Canadian city, and it's also closer to Winnipeg. I would arrive the night before the game so that I could get a fair amount of partying in. I would pick the fanciest hotel in the city, and would order enough food to turn room service into an all-you-can-eat buffet. If that wasn't enough, I would proceed to raid the mini bar and the snacks bar. I would go to the West Edmonton Mall, the biggest in North America, and run up the tab like crazy; I can get whatever I want and Eggy has to pay for it. I'm sure there's sports stores in there; those $100 jerseys just turned free for me! When it was time to go to the game the next night, I would head out early so that I don't get recognized and stopped by many fans. It would be time to get some Challenge Cup memorabilia, some junk food (which obviously includes soft-serve ice cream), and a beer before I would head to my seats.
Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE
As a professional hockey player, you have made a name for yourself. So much so that college, high school and hockey players even younger then that are taking notice! If young players wanted to model their game after you how would you best describe your playing style? What specific traits does your player possess that younger players should try to emulate?
Ola Wagstrom's game would best be described as an offensive-minded style. My player has great positioning, which is the underrated key to scoring, as well as a high velocity, high accuracy slap shot; I'd tell them to practice being in the right place at the right time, and to do tons of shooting drills to get the release of their slap shot down. To be like my player, you also need to be good with the puck on your stick, so stick handling drills are also of the utmost importance. That's my three strengths, and definitely skills I would recommend to aspiring young hockey players. You do need to round out your game in some other areas though, so secondary focuses should include skating; after all, in a speed-based game today you have to have a good first step. Also, I'd say building endurance is the way to get more minutes and moved up the lineup; a coach won't deploy a fatigued player, so if you want to get more time you have to have stamina.
Code:
4. Written, 2 TPE
I usually tend to do well against the Texas Renegades. After getting points in almost all the games against them, perhaps some of what keeps that going is confidence; that's a big part of playing well. Any hockey player knows that 90% of the game is mental, after all, so my head being in the right place when we face them is quite a big part. I also know exactly where to shoot to beat Walter Hobbs, their goalie, and how to thread a pass through the gaps of their defense. I have a good grasp on how their defensive coverage works and what weaknesses to exploit, so that helps me find open space on the ice and make some magic happen.
Code:
9. Written, up to 5 TPE

A. I think that Terrance Nova had the biggest impact. Nova is an ageless wonder and someone I've admired a lot since I joined the league. He's one of the last from the S32 draft class but he's not slowing down, still one of the greatest snipers that the league has ever known. He's the Jagr of the SHL and beyond just his on-ice skill, his veteran leadership in the locker room should mean a lot too.
B. Tony Pepperoni, Hercules Rockefeller, Teddy Cuddles, Brady McIntyre, Tor Tuck
Yes, I picked all Edmonton players, but these are the best players in my opinion, as well as some of the highest TPE ones. They really came through when it counted and were the reason for Edmonton's epic run. Tor Tuck and Brady McIntyre are two-way defensemen that arguably form the best combo in the league and make other teams green-eyed with jealousy. Tony Pepperoni, Rockefeller, and Cuddles are all scorers, with the latter two also packing a physical punch and being a major part of making Edmonton's lineup more diverse.
C. Tommy Tuck has the advantage purely from his TPE advantage, and on his finest nights, he can outperform any goalie in the league. He's right at his prime, and his hand speed, reaction time, and style control are some of the most elite in the league. He really can do everything you'd ask a goalie to do and then some; a true star.
D. My favorite name is New England's Przemysław Brzeszczyczkiewicz. That name is absolutely unpronounceable and has a crazy ton of consonants, and that's the hilarity of it. The sort of player the announcers would even refer to as "that guy". No name on either of the teams jumps out the way that name does, so that's why he takes the cake.
E. I would rather have a hot dog than salami any day of the week. Hot dogs simply taste better and are more a full meal anyways. They go with just about anything and you can find one almost anywhere. I don't really care for salami that much, it's lunch meat and tastes like rubber to me. And while you cook hot dogs, salami is cold; who wants cold meat?
Code:
sent

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/ByNN8Jn.gif[/img]