Create Account

S49 Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 09-14-2019, 03:56 PM by CanadianDuck.)

Task 1.

Being selected to visit the great city of Boston for the first 2 games of the SHL Final is an honor. I get to visit some friends in the area, try some great tasting Boston cuisine, and watch some amazing hockey to cap it all off. I get to meet some great fans as well and visit some of the local attractions. Knowing it will all be covered means I can run up the bill as much as I can, I will be inviting as many people as I can out to an expensive restaurant where we will order the most expensive bottles of campaign and whatever we want to eat. I am staying at the best hotel and plan to spend a night on the town with my beautiful girlfriend (If I am lucky enough to find one.) Of course I will also have to get some really pricey souvenirs for my family and friends who are unable to come with me on this great adventure.

Task 3. 

Being looked at as a player to mold young players after is something I never expected to be. I have been to many different camps across North America helping young talented people play this wonderful game. I always try to teach them some tricks I have learned along the way to the SHL. Things like how you sometimes need to be a little selfish when it comes to passing vs scoring, or to never slack off depending on which team has the puck or where it currently is on the ice, because you need to always be ready for anything. Letting them know that you are only as good as your teammates and must work like a well oiled machine, otherwise you'll never find success as a team. It's important to give back to the game by helping teach the future stars of our league, and being a role model to some of them is a great honor.

Task 4. 

While I don't believe I have one particular team I play better against, there is one I enjoy facing off against more than the others. The New Orleans Specters is full of many of my former St. Louis Scarecrow teammates, so its always a fun time getting to catch up and reminisce on past memories. I will also always be able to proudly remind them that I scored the first shorthanded goal against them in their teams history. It's not the first time I've brought this up, and I can guarantee you it will not be the last. That has been the best goal I've scored in my SHL career so far.

Task 9. 

A: When it comes to which teams newly acquired players will be more vital to this series, I feel that New England has the bigger advantage. Noah Konn, Ensio Kalju, and Anders Christiansen have accustomed to their new team a little better in my eyes. There is no denying however, that both teams are where they are based on how these players preformed.

B: Yet again it's time for me to give my picks for the SHL Playoff All Star Team.

F - Gordie Boomhover - Of the three players tied with 18 points, he has been the best on both side of the ice.
F - Tony Pepperoni - The top performing forward for the Blizzard.
F - Hercules Rockefeller - The leading goal scorer of these Playoffs.
D - Brady McIntyre - Top scoring Defensman.
D - Perry Morgan - No goals, but the strongest defensive performance so far.

C: This series is going to be a battle between 2 of the current best Goalies in the SHL. Having to choose which has the advantage is very difficult because they are have played so similar in these Playoffs. I guess I have to give the slight edge to Johannes Leitner only for the fact that I believe the team in front of him is better defensively.

D: For me the best player name on either team has to be Tony Pepperoni. The name makes me want a large slice of a super cheesy pizza with lots of Pepperoni, bacon, and mushrooms. It doesn't hurt that he is also one of the best players on the ice for his team.

E: Between a hot dog and salami, I have to go with the hot dog. I am always down to enjoy a nice chili cheese dog or two. Salami is good every so often, but a hot dog is just part of the classic American cuisine. (Although a hot dog is nothing compared to a nice juicy bacon cheeseburger.)

Task 12. 

PM sent.

Code:
Code:
1. Written, 3 TPE 
VIP Status babyyyyyyyy - your player has been invited to attend one of the first homestands of the CC finals as a VIP guest - all expenses paid, front row seats, any hotel you want - and it's all on the Commissioner's dime! Are you going to Games 1 and 2 in Boston or Games 3 and 4 in Edmonton? Why are you picking there? And what are you going to do in that city to run up Eggy's tab?? (150+ words)

I’m definitely going to games 1 and 2 in Boston. Firstly, it’s closer to my hometown which means less travel time and that’s great because I hate airports. Secondly, Boston is a fantastic city and I’ve been there multiple times before. There’s so much to do whether it’s hitting a sporting event (hockey in this instance of course) but there’s also baseball at an extremely historic park. My hotel choice would obviously be the four seasons which is pretty light in my opinion. $935 a night should be nothing for our rich commissioner for only a few nights. I’d have to get there early to get set up though so I might need a week there. Again, no issue for our rich commish. If I really wanted to run up the tab, besides the great bars and seafood I’d hit up Newbury Street for a little shopping spree. Nothing like spending thousands on designer clothes I’d be too nervous to wear out for fear of staining them. 

Code:
Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE
As a professional hockey player, you have made a name for yourself. So much so that college, high school and hockey players even younger then that are taking notice! If young players wanted to model their game after you how would you best describe your playing style? What specific traits does your player possess that younger players should try to emulate?(150+ words)

If younger players started modeling their game after me, it’d be one of a sound defensive nature and a pass first mentality. A lot of the players in the league look to score a ton of goals as it’s the sexiest stat, but I’d rather be able to feed those players instead. That doesn’t go to say that I can’t score or won’t shoot the puck because that’s not true. However, it’s definitely much more of a playmaking play style where I try to drive play in order to free up space for my teammates with a better shot to be able to get the best look possible. A team full of shoot first mentality players will not do as well as one with a few players that look to dish the puck. A good mix of these two player types is always needed to put together a well rounded team. Kids who mimic me would be very unselfish and hopefully benefit from that.

Code:
Code:
4. Written, 2 TPE
Right now both coaching staffs are creating game plans around the players who have performed historically well against the forthcoming opponent. The reality is that every player has some teams they play better against than others. Which team from the SHL or SMJHL do you seem to do extra well against every time? and why do you think that you play so well against that team specifically? (100+ words)

I seem to do extra well against Lethbridge. This past season, I had 7 points (3 goals and 4 assists) in 5 games played against them. Even scored a short-handed goal which is few and far between. I think I have a little extra giddy up in those games considering their GM and Co-GM are both ex-Outlaws who I lifted the Four Star Cup with. It definitely gives me a little more motivation knowing that they’re in the building watching and competing to beat us now. Always love competition and the fact that they’re now managing our rivals certainly puts a chip on my shoulder.

Code:
Code:
9. Written, up to 5 TPE
Pick up to 5 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words to qualify.

A. Each of these teams has acquired some big name players recently and, with each in the CC finals, it's tough to argue with the results. Edmonton brought in TJ Bayley, Jordan Von Matt, and Terrance Nova; New England acquired Noah Konn, Ensio Kalju, and Anders Christiansen. Which of these six players will have the biggest impact on this series?
B. Build your ideal SHL Fantasy Team (F, F, F, D, D) out of the players appearing in the finals and explain your choices.
C. Johannes Leitner was a stud in net for the Wolfpack this year, posting one of the better statistical seasons for a goaltender since..... Tommy Tuck, of Edmonton, back in S45, one of the best goalie seasons ever. Who has the advantage in the crease this season?
D. What's your favorite player NAME on either team? why? (note: not who's your favorite player. which player name)
E. These two teams are both sporting SALTY MEAT as co-GMs - Tommy Salami for Edmonton and hotdog for New England. Which would you rather eat right now - a salami or a hotdog?

A.     Of all the additions this year to each team, the player I think that will make the biggest impact is Terrance Nova. In 19 games this playoffs, he has 6 goals and 7 assists. This is showing how balanced of a player he is. He can score and pass making him a double threat.
B.     My ideal 3 forwards in this series for fantasy would be Gordie Boomhover, Teddy Cuddles, and Tony Pepperoni while the 2 defensemen I would like would be Brady McIntyre and Tor Tuck. All these players are studs and can put up points in a heartbeat. This was a tough choice but I think these players would perform the best.
C.     This is a toss-up honestly and would be a really hard decision either way. If you put a gun to my head, I’d say the advantage would go to Johannes Leitner. Again, this could go either way. Leitner had a helluva regular season but Tuck is currently looking pretty hot and saving a lot of shots coming his way.
D.     My favorite player name on either team would have to go to Richard Clapper, aka Dick Clapper. I assume his formal first name is Richard anyway. While ridiculous, it’s also a plausible name. I looked it up to be sure and Clapper is an ancient Anglo-Saxon surname. Double points for a funny but possible real name.
E.      This one’s pretty easy for me. I’d take salami any day of the week. Throw that salami on focaccia with some prosciutto, fresh mozz, basil, and some spicy spread. Yeah, now I’m hungry. That was my go to when I studied abroad in Florence for a semester. Had it almost every day, sometimes twice a day.

Code:
Code:
12. 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer - Casual Member Special - SEND ANSWER IN PM TO "PT DIRECTOR"
A. Name 3 players from the EPIC S47 SHL draft class who will appear in these finals? (there are 7, you must name 3 for credit)
B. How many times have the Edmonton Blizzard won the Challenge Cup AS the Edmonton Blizzard? (franchise cups won under a different team name do not count here)
C. Name 1 SHL hall of famer who played for the Wolfpack and 1 SHL hall of famer who played for the Blizzard
D. Who did the New England Wolfpack select 7th overall in the S27 Draft?

**Important**: Send the answers to username "PT Director" with the subject of the message titled “S49 CW" - Do not send it to my personal account; those will not be graded. Do not post the answers in here; you will not get credit for the task.

PM sent.

[Image: xvPjYUR.png]
syndicate Outlaws Switzerland
(This post was last modified: 09-13-2019, 10:26 PM by JKortesi81.)

1. Written, 3 TPE
VIP Status babyyyyyyyy - your player has been invited to attend one of the first homestands of the CC finals as a VIP guest - all expenses paid, front row seats, any hotel you want - and it's all on the Commissioner's dime! Are you going to Games 1 and 2 in Boston or Games 3 and 4 in Edmonton? Why are you picking there? And what are you going to do in that city to run up Eggy's tab?? (150+ words)

Honestly, if Joe K had to choose which homestand to go to, he’d most definitely be going to Games 1 and 2 in Boston over Games 3 and 4 in Edmonton. With the New Orleans Specters just recently losing to the Blizzard in 6 games, including losses in Edmonton in Games 4 and 6 of that series, there’s no way Joe K would want to be there at the site of his latest heartbreak, regardless on if he has fond memories of the S45 Cup win there. Plus, its much more exciting to be at Game 1 than any other game in the series besides Game 7. Both teams are just giving their all, knowing how important it is to put the pressure of being down 1-0 on the other team. Plus, if Eggy is paying for everything? We’re 100% going to the fanciest strip club in the area and getting bottle service for sure. That’s easy. (157)

9. Written, 5 TPE (5 + 3 = 8 TPE)
Pick up to 5 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words to qualify.

A. Each of these teams has acquired some big name players recently and, with each in the CC finals, it's tough to argue with the results. Edmonton brought in TJ Bayley, Jordan Von Matt, and Terrance Nova; New England acquired Noah Konn, Ensio Kalju, and Anders Christiansen. Which of these six players will have the biggest impact on this series?
I have to say the biggest impact players will be the ones that New England traded for. Essentially, they traded for their best players that weren’t Tigole Bitties. Edmonton got more complimentary pieces for their studs. It’ll be on Konn, Kalju, and Christiansen to lead the young wolf pups to victory. (51)

B. Build your ideal SHL Fantasy Team (F, F, F, D, D) out of the players appearing in the finals and explain your choices.
F – Gordie Boomhover – He has 18 points in 11 games and is absolutely KILLING it on the ice in these playoffs. He has the hot hand for sure.
F – Teddy Cuddles – He’s also been hot in the playoffs with 18 points, but he’s also got 67 hits in them as well. A physical presence that can score is great in Fantasy.
F- Rafe Ulrich – Another scoring threat that can dish out some hits. 14 points in 11 games.
D – Perry Morgan – Assist machine, rising star for the Wolfpack
D – Tor Tuck – Just an animal that hits everything that moves.
G – Tommy Tuck – Still the best goalie in the league, and he’s battle tested as well. (115)

C. Johannes Leitner was a stud in net for the Wolfpack this year, posting one of the better statistical seasons for a goaltender since..... Tommy Tuck, of Edmonton, back in S45, one of the best goalie seasons ever. Who has the advantage in the crease this season?
Edmonton still has the advantage in the crease this season. Tuck has been a monster for most of his career, and he’s prepped to go down as one of the best goalies in league history. Tuck has been a huge reason that the Blizzard are in the finals, as he shut down the potent offenses in Los Angeles, Calgary, and New Orleans along the way. (65)

D. What's your favorite player NAME on either team? why? (note: not who's your favorite player. which player name)
Why of course it has to be Tony Pepperoni, easily. I’m a sucker for a semi funny name as it is, but once you give that name some rhyme scheme as well? That has the makings of a masterpiece. Add into the fact that he’s an all around good guy and that its easy to say and spell, and that’s your winner right there. (64)

E. These two teams are both sporting SALTY MEAT as co-GMs - Tommy Salami for Edmonton and hotdog for New England. Which would you rather eat right now - a salami or a hotdog?
The answer for me is always going to be a hot dog. There’s nothing better than firing up the grill, and cooking a few hot dogs. That charcoal taste is unmatched, and it is something that salami, while also delicious, can never replicate. Salami is just a cold cut, and it isn’t fancy, sadly. Hot dog for the win. (59)

Task 12: Casual Member Special (8 + 3 = 11 TPE) - Sent to PT Director

3. Written, (11 + 3 = 14 TPE)
As a professional hockey player, you have made a name for yourself. So much so that college, high school and hockey players even younger then that are taking notice! If young players wanted to model their game after you how would you best describe your playing style? What specific traits does your player possess that younger players should try to emulate?(150+ words)

Currently at the end of his 20th year playing professional hockey, there’s been many kids that have grown up wanting to be the next Joe Kurczewski in their careers. While kids are slowly straying away and wanting to emulate newer, younger players, there’s still a few Joe K lovers out there. To be like Joe K, you have to be defensively responsible. Joe K has always had a lot of hits and a healthy plus/minus. Another thing is being a very good skater. Joe K has always been great with his feet that has helped him out in many situations over the years. The final trait is being adaptable. Joe K grew up scoring lots of goals and focusing on being a shooter, but as he got older he realized he’d help the team more if he used his skills towards playmaking, and he’s more of a passer now. It’s been his adaptability that has helped him throughout the course of his long career. (164)

4. Written, (14 + 2 = 16 TPE!!)
Right now both coaching staffs are creating game plans around the players who have performed historically well against the forthcoming opponent. The reality is that every player has some teams they play better against than others. Which team from the SHL or SMJHL do you seem to do extra well against every time? and why do you think that you play so well against that team specifically? (100+ words)

Its very ironic, but along the way Joe K has performed admirably against many an SHL team over the years. However, one stand out team has been how well he’s performed against the Calgary Dragons since leaving the team in S45 for the Edmonton Blizzard, followed by his seasons with the New Orleans Specters. I don’t know the exact number of points, but Joe K was always a terror against the Dragons since he’s left, getting points in most games. He probably does so well against his long time team because he knows the intricate ins and out of the Dragons’ system and knows how to exploit them. It’s probably a big reason he’s also undefeated in series against Calgary in the playoffs in his career as well. (128)

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page
(This post was last modified: 09-13-2019, 10:30 PM by Otrebor13.)

Task 1

Tough to choose which city I want to visit. However, I’m going to have to say Boston. There are really no other reasons besides the fact that Rafe Ulrich, Tigole Bitties and the New England Goaltending won me my fantasy. Therefore, as a thank you, I’m going to Boston to watch them live. I’m sure others have a thoughtful reason why, not me. Dead simple. You got me 10 TPE, sure I’ll come watch you play some hockey.

Be sure to catch me paying for all those involved in helping me win. I’m talking fancy dinners, lots of booze, and strippers. Drugs are bad and they will get penalized for it (come see me after the games and we’ll talk though, wink wink). I think this will more than likely run up a pretty hefty tab, so thanks for your generosity Eggy!

Task 2

*A camera pans around the New England Wolfpack locker room. Voices are heard in the background. Eko van Otter (@hotdog) walks in talking to an otter*
EVO: Yeah screw Geico and that gecko, you’re the new face of this team, understand? “15 minutes could save you blah blah blah”. Hockey players are supposed to be tough, like you and your phone cases.
Otter: Look I get it, you have this whole image to uphold. But I’m not doing this for a couple of cheeseburgers. It costs a lot of money for Challenge Cup commercials.
*The otter climbs in to EVO’s jersey*
Otter: I’ve seen your contract. You make enough money to afford my services. Hell, look at me in this jersey, I would do your job better than you.
EVO: Alright look. How about 3 cheeseburgers?
*GM Ace (@Ace) walks in to the locker room and sees EVO talking to a phone case*
Ace: What in the world. What did I tell you about those mushrooms outside of the rink? They are not to be eaten. It’s the 3rd time this week you’re talking to the back of your phone.
*A message pops up on screen: Maybe you won’t be so lucky. Please teach your children about the dangers of drugs. Brought to you by the Boston Area Drug Department.*

Task 3

I’m flattered to have younger hockey players looking up to me as a player. If, for whatever reason, someone would want to model their game after mine, I would like to think my play style is relatively simple. I’m a shoot first player. I like to score goals, however that does not mean being a hog or trying to shoot at every chance you get. I also have decent vision and can find my teammates whenever they are open.

I would like to believe that my defensive game is good and my positioning is decent, however finishing the season as a -17 might say something about that. I do need work, but I work hard on being at the right place at the right time (or try to be). Everybody likes the stats, but if you’re not helping your team win, then it doesn’t really matter. I’m not a very physical hockey player, but I think that is something that I could round out a little later in my career, once I work on my stronger attributes.

Task 4

While I am in the SHL now, I’ve only had one season under my belt, so I will look at my time in the SMJHL. During my time with the Whalers, I think I performed best against the Armada. I’m not sure why, but something about that matchup always got me fired up. Maybe it had something to do with the water themed match up, or maybe it was because Tony Ford and I are LA teammates and I wanted to show him that, no matter what he thinks, I am the better prospect/player. Who knows, your guess is as good as mine.

Task 9

A. Both of these teams have done a great job at bringing in talent. If I had to go ahead and choose one of these 6 players though, I’m going with Anders Christiansen. Christiansen was one of the SHL’s best players. On top of that, by his standards, he isn’t having a fantastic post season. Therefore, I expect him to come alive in the finals and show everyone why Ace went out to get him.
B. F: Anders Christiansen – I think I explained my reasoning above.
       F: Tony Pepperoni: The SHL’s 3rd highest point producer this season. No other reason needed
       F: Rafe Ulrich: He helped me this season in fantasy so I’ve seen what he can do. Fantastic season and he can score goals, which are worth a ton.
       D: Tigole Bitties: Gotta go with another one of my fantasy players in Bitties. He can do it all and if needed, he could even score 20 as a Dman.
       D: Tor Tuck: Defensively sound and can chip in with physical play and blocking shots. He’s the total package.
D. Eko Van Otter. I’ve said it before, but to me it just makes me laugh because I picture an actual otter with a puck in its mouth running across the ice. This may not seem funny to others, but it would be the SHL version of the movie MVP. And I think having an otter instead of a monkey would make for a much slipperier and harder to catch animal.
E. Salami, no doubt. With an Italian background, it’s the easy choice. And it’s very versatile. You can have mild salami, you can have spicy salami. They even sell salamis which are stuffed, or maybe different varieties, like a German or Hungarian salami. Get me some salami, some cheese and some wine and you’ve got yourself a good night right there.

Task 12

PM Sent

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

Code:
1. Written, 3 TPE
VIP Status babyyyyyyyy - your player has been invited to attend one of the first homestands of the CC finals as a VIP guest - all expenses paid, front row seats, any hotel you want - and it's all on the Commissioner's dime! Are you going to Games 1 and 2 in Boston or Games 3 and 4 in Edmonton? Why are you picking there? And what are you going to do in that city to run up Eggy's tab?? (150+ words)
I would go to Boston because there's more things to do for fun and because I like being in America, even though obviously Canada is great and all. I'm going to try to catch a baseball game or a concert or something at Fenway Park because it's iconic. I'm going to get lots of sweets and basically raid ice cream shops and all that. I'd pay for a limo for my transportation because I want to ride like a star and live like a rich guy. I'd make sure the limo was decked out with champagne and I'd buy myself some fancy clothes. Basically new dress shoes and a nice fancy suit and tie. Then at the hockey games I'm going to get lots of drinks, the alcoholic kind, since alcohol is expensive so why wouldn't I make Eggy pay for it? And why not get some Challenge Cup t-shirts to show that I was there while I'm at it.
Code:
Companies will have to pay a whopping $3 million dollars to run a 30-second ad during this seasons Challenge Cup Championship series. That lofty price tag might be worth it, as hundreds of millions of people across the globe tuned in for the SHL finals in season 48!
Task: The league is now accepting commercial scripts for the Challenge Cup. Create a grandiose commercial script involving a player in the finals or something promoting an SHL related product! Script should detail the setting for the commercial. (*tag anyone involved) (150+ words)
The commercial would be set on a local rink with empty stands behind it, and the lights dimmed down to a faint glow. One player in a blank white practice jersey would step out into the ice to show that he is practicing on his own, and then would start doing stickhandling drills.
"Being a pro requires hard work. Dedication. Loyalty. Commitment. And being a fan does too. What better way to show your dedication than by getting your own Challenge Cup jerseys? Get one for your favorite player from your favorite team; a limited edition souvenir that can be a collector's item down the line. Show up to the games in style and be able to stay you were a part of history, that you witnessing your own team battling it out in the greatest fight there is. Be a real fan, dress like a real fan, watch more of the hockey you love."
Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE
As a professional hockey player, you have made a name for yourself. So much so that college, high school and hockey players even younger then that are taking notice! If young players wanted to model their game after you how would you best describe your playing style? What specific traits does your player possess that younger players should try to emulate?
My playing style is to work hard every shift and to always give it my all. That hard work is what young players should try to emulate, that's something you can't teach and it makes you better in every area, separates you from the other guys, from most guys. I also am not afraid to do whatever it takes, to go to the corners, fight for loose pucks, block shots, and scrap for my teammates. I'd encourage them not to back away from any situations or whatever the job calls for, doing what it takes to win is what matters. Lastly, I would say to be loyal because teams remember that and it really means a lot to coaches and the staff of a team. It's what will make the fans love you and be someone that young people can look up to, and it also means people will be nice to you off the ice.
Code:
4. Written, 2 TPE
I do really well against the Los Angeles Panthers, they are who I scored a lot of my goals against over my career. I think maybe I just know how they play and how to exploit their goalie's weaknesses as well as how to find the gaps in their defense. They also seem to really underestimate me so I have a lot of space on the ice there and I have room to take shots. I think they don't have the depth to matchup against me as much as some other teams, maybe that's unfair, but if I had to guess a reason I would say that.
Code:
9. Written, up to 5 TPE

A. I think Terrance Nova will have the biggest impact because he is a veteran with so much experience and one of the greatest scorers for the SHL of all time. Coming to Edmonton after a long time with Minnesota, Nova wants to prove that he still has what it takes to go up against the best.
B. Rafe Ulrich, Tony Pepperoni, Manuel Gotze, Brady McIntyre, Jordan Von Matt
Rafe Ulrich and Manuel Gotze are a great pair of scoring power forwards for New England. They are willing to be physical and are great shooters; Tony Pepperoni is a great center who is very well rounded and talented. And then McIntyre is a great defenseman with an offensive flair, and I think Von Matt is an underrated guy who plays two-way and is quite good.
C. I think Leitner has the advantage. Leitner has better numbers and Tommy Tuck is getting older and hasn't reached the heights he used to for a long time. I think Leitner is coming into his own and entering his prime, finding a new era of greatness. He should continue to be good in the playoffs and to keep pucks out of the net as much as possible.
D. Julio Tokolosh of the Edmonton Blizzard is my favorite name, it sounds so fancy and exotic. It's very fun, there's a lot of syllables, and it's fun to pronounce. I think it has a very good ring to it and I think it'll be a blast to hear announcers say during games he is featured in.
E. I would rather eat a hot dog because it's more soul food and is a classic. Salami can't be eaten by itself, it doesn't even taste good, and you can't stick it in a bun or use toppings like mustard or chili on it. So boring, hot dog all the way.

hi
(This post was last modified: 09-17-2019, 02:50 AM by Wasty.)

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE

Max Mauldin's playing style is very much a tried and true playmaking center type. At first Max's style was very much different as he grew up a winger and had a power forward game with a good scoring touch. The son of a PHL Legendary Center, Jonathan Mauldin and his two brothers, Jonah and Jonas both play a pass first center role. So for Max to be a scoring winger, he was very much the black sheep of the family. But when GM Wastlund called upon him to take up a playmaking center role due to his inability to play his game at the pro level, he contacted his father and over the off season went through a massive training and development camp to learn the role. The best ability to have to take over this type of role is the ability to shoulder the load and lead a line from the face-off position. (153 Words)

Code:
5. Graphic, 2 TPE
Simple and straightforward - make a promotional poster for the S49 CC Finals. Must include at least one player render and the logos and names of both teams. Option A: make a good graphic. Option B: make a shitty graphic. Either will receive TPE.
[Image: gGAiULb.png]

Code:
8. Podcast, 3 or 4 TPE
Record a mini-podcast on any of the below topics!
- Highlights of the S49 season (on or off the ice)
- S49 playoff round-up
- S49 Challenge Cup finals Breakdown
- Offseason outlook

1 person Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 5 minutes

Post the direct link to your podcast.

Code:
11. Graphic, 3 TPE - The Procrastinator Special!
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and you also like doing graphics instead of writing. That's cool, too! Create a Series Recap broadcast graphic - the contents can be whatever you want, but your graphic must list both teams and at least 3 stats for each.

[Image: kcb1X6i.png]

Code:
12. 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer - Casual Member Special - SEND ANSWER IN PM TO "PT DIRECTOR"
A. Name 3 players from the EPIC S47 SHL draft class who will appear in these finals? (there are 7, you must name 3 for credit)
B. How many times have the Edmonton Blizzard won the Challenge Cup AS the Edmonton Blizzard? (franchise cups won under a different team name do not count here)
C. Name 1 SHL hall of famer who played for the Wolfpack and 1 SHL hall of famer who played for the Blizzard

[SENT]

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

(This post was last modified: 09-15-2019, 09:18 PM by C9Van.)

Code:
1. Written, 3 TPE 
VIP Status babyyyyyyyy - your player has been invited to attend one of the first homestands of the CC finals as a VIP guest - all expenses paid, front row seats, any hotel you want - and it's all on the Commissioner's dime! Are you going to Games 1 and 2 in Boston or Games 3 and 4 in Edmonton? Why are you picking there? And what are you going to do in that city to run up Eggy's tab?? (150+ words)

Well, first off I am gobsmacked Jon Forty-One would get VIP tickets so the only logical explanation is he stole the tickets from someone else. However, Jon picks to go to game 3 and 4 in Edmonton for a handful of reasons. First, 3 and 4 would imply that the first 2 games will have been completed so it would mean more drama. Secondly, Jon has been staying in Canada for damn near most of the time so it would be a lot better for him to just go to Edmonton than just to the States. The final reason is just Jon does not like the Boston area. It has Boston people in it and Jon does not like stupidity as is. Whilst Jon has a league wide vendetta which includes Edmonton he would rather go threre. Plus then he could scout the Blizzard who he wants revenge on whilst he does not have that on the Wolfpack as he never wanted to play for them.

[167 words]

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE

I think the one thing that makes Jon Forty-One stand out is the fact that someone who entered the Simulation Hockey League with an upbeat attitude has basically gotten the shit kicked out of him. His home betraying him whilst helping lift them a Four Star Cup, the draft shafting him, the list really does continue. However, he is still here and still determined to make a name for himself and above all get the revenge he is desperate for. Kids can truly learn a lot from Jon as when someone wrongs you, you should set everything a side and just make it your life goal to truly get revenge and fuck them over by any means necessary! Wait, that is not a very good model. Err...Well, we can't change who we are and if kids of tomorrow want to go down that pathway all the power too them because it can be quite a sad life as well.

[161 words]

Code:
4. Written, 2 TPE

So personally for Jon Forty-One it seems as though he steps up against the Anchorage Armada. When he first entered the league he got an offer from Anchorage and Vancouver and ended up picking Vancouver in the end. Since then the Whalers have an insanely good record against them. During his spell with the team it was roughly something like 9-1 overall. Jon would usually do well in this series too and collect a decent amount of points. I assume because he wanted to make sure he felt like he made the right decision. Beating them 4-1 in the play-offs last season seemed to cement that on the way to the championship.

[116 words]

Code:
9. Written, up to 5 TPE

A.
If truth being told I do not know much about either 2 teams but I do know TJ Bayley from fantasy when I ended up doing pretty well in it this season. I was seriously thinking of picking him up later on but decided against it. So just by name recognition alone, I believe TJ Bayley out of these 6 player will create the biggest impact

[66 words]

B.
My team is:
F - Gordie Boomhover - He has the most points for the Wolfpack this play-offs as of writing
F - Teddy Cuddles - He has the most points for the Blizzard this play-offs as of writing
F - Willy Mack - I like his name and think he'd fit well into this team.
D - Perry Morgan - He has the most points for the Wolfpack this play-offs as of writing for a Defender
D - Brady McIntrye - He has the most points for the Blizzard this play-offs as of writing for a Defender

[89 words]

C.
I personally think Tommy Tuck has the advantage going into it and that is purely cause from the heavily limited stuff I know about either of these teams is Edmonton have the better D. I think having your goaltender face the least amount of shots is just a decent % chance of them doing better assuming both of them are even and show up every game.

[65 words]

D.
I could be any of Tony Pepperoni, Teddy Cuddles or Willy Mack for me. All players on the Blizzard. They are just fun names. But I will give it to Tony Pepperoni purely because I really love Pepperoni and the fact I woke up a bit ago and are heavily hungry as of writing. Incidentally, I may suffer from the sin of Gluttony.

[63 words]

E.
Well gee thanks. Now I really am bloody hungry! I will pick Hotdog purely cause I do like the American options of hotdog and you get more food than just a slice of Salami. It also may be because Hotdog may read this and I do not want to get on the hotdog's bad side. I really am hungry now though.

[61 words]

Code:

**Important**: Send the answers to username "PT Director" with the subject of the message titled “S49 CW" - Do not send it to my personal account; those will not be graded. Do not post the answers in here; you will not get credit for the task.

Sent.

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Blizzard Now Isaac Forty-One Switzerland

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

1. Written, 3 TPE

I’m a Boston boy born and raised so of course I am hitting up games 1 and 2 in my dear old hometown. I’ll grab the $15,000 a night John Adams presidential suite at the Boston Harbor Hotel. I’ll invite some of my old friends who I haven't seen in a while and have a total rager up there. With the commish picking up the tab means some top shelf booze is getting put down. With Eggy’s secret credit card it means I’m hitting all around town starting with the aquarium. I’m buying a whole bunch of god damn penguins to chill in the front row with me during the games. I’ll probably sneak some remodeling onto my parents’ house also. Get them another story to go on their house. All in all it is going to be a booze filled return to my hometown with a newly formed penguin entourage. Go whoever!
(154)

2. Written, 3 TPE
Companies will have to pay a whopping $3 million dollars to run a 30-second ad during this seasons Challenge Cup Championship series. That lofty price tag might be worth it, as hundreds of millions of people across the globe tuned in for the SHL finals in season 48!
Task: The league is now accepting commercial scripts for the Challenge Cup. Create a grandiose commercial script involving a player in the finals or something promoting an SHL related product! Script should detail the setting for the commercial. (*tag anyone involved) (150+ words)

::A black and white shot of a young child playing hockey on a windswept frozen lake::

Child: When I grow up I want to be an SHL superstar. I come out here every day to practice.

::A vibrant scene on a Florida beach of an SHL watch party::

Drunk:: THE SHL IS THE BEST THING OUT THERE!

::Doctored footage of Obama giving the order to kill Osama to make it look like he is watching the SHL::

Spliced together Obama quotes: The SHL is uhhhh fantastic and let me be clear…..good.

Voiceover: The SHL has the greatest fans in the world. From the superstars of tomorrow to the casual drunks looking for any reason to tie on a serious buzz. Once again the Challenge Cup Championship Series has arrived.

::Smash cut to highlight reel goals and big hits::

Join us and grow this beautiful game. We represent fans from the frozen north to the sunny south from seas to shining seas.

Support the SHL. Support the kids. Get fucking blotto.
(171)

3. Written, 3 TPE

Wheel. Snipe. Celly? Nah fuck that noise kid. We out here playing old time fucking hockey. What you are going to want to do first is make sure you are able to keep your point totals under ten for the season. Scoring is wasted energy. You want to focus on what brings the drunk college kids into the stands: Hitting and fighting. You don’t want to look like a total plug out there, right? So. make sure you have a great defensive game and some speed. Now just go fuck shit up. Who cares that the game is moving further and further away from a physical game each season. You are the stalwart defender. The one who remembers the roots of hockey. Your coaches will tell you keep your head. Your teammates will resent you constantly being in the box. The police will tire of constantly being called because the game got out of hand and you slashed a kid in the head BUT fuck that kid he deserved it. It should be the ref that the cops are talking to. They let the game get way too chippy. What did they think would happen? I mean...uhh just take the body, kids.
(203)

4. Written, 2 TPE

To say that Nat Emerson plays well against anyone would be a lie on the same tier as there being weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. I got in two fights in a single night against Calgary once so let’s go with them. I guess living amongst the beautiful sunny beaches of Florida has primed be to hostile when I need to visit the frozen hellscape that is Calgary. The arrogance of man forces me to spend all too much time of my life in that “city”. It unleashes the beast that I have inside me. Consequently that beast has probably scored zero points against the Dragons. So they probably appreciate. I’m basically domesticated.
(114)

9. Written, up to 5 TPE

Best name has to go to Hercules Rockefeller. This name has it all. The unbridled power of the demi-god, Hercules and the deep deep wallets of the Rockefeller family. Any man that is a combination of both physical and financial power should be feared and praised. A true god amongst men in terms of names in the SHL.
(58)

Normally, I’m your average, run of the mill hot dog guy. Throw it on the grill, accidentally burn the hell out of it and still enjoy it. BUT at this moment I would choose a salami. Where I’m living currently has easy access to hot dogs but it is damn hard to get your hands on a salami. Distance makes the heart grow fonder, I guess.
(66)

PM sent

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2019, 09:52 AM by r1c3bowl22.)

Task 1: If I had an all expenses paid trip to one of the home stands, I would choose the Edmonton games. Yes, Boston is probably a much nicer city and would maybe have nicer hotels and all that, but I think I would very much prefer the Edmonton option. Let me tell you why. I would ask to be flown to Calgary, and grab a rental car and hit up Nanton. I assume, they would pay for my food expenses, so I would buy a ridiculous amount of candy from the Candy Store in Nanton (1000/10 would recommend) and then drive up riled up on sugar to Edmonton. Then I would head over to the West Edmonton mall and hit up the roller coaster and water park until the games start. Those three things alone would be enough to make the trip worth it, let alone getting the nicest hotel room and food in Edmonton. (3 TPE)

Task 3: My player has a very honest playing style. He is not flashy, but relies almost exclusively on hard work and determination to get the job done. If you look at the advanced stats for the season, I think it paid off tremendously. He was second in the entire league in win share points after putting up 53 points in 50 games between the games played for the New England Wolfpack and Manhattan Rage. If you analyze each aspect of my game though, you would notice certain attributes are worked on more than others. As a sniper, obviously my shooting is quite up there. I have worked on that since I was born, so that I could snipe from anywhere without thinking. I am also a very capable skater, being a hockey player I love to skate. I am very technical, and very quick. I am also very good at keeping control of the puck. My puck handling is second to none in this league, and I think those three aspects make the perfect sniper. (3 TPE)

Task 4: I think I have done well against West Kendall, historically. I do not know why that is, but I think their system just allows me to play a bit better? Every team is a little different in the players they have, and their preferences in defending. I think the way their players defend, just allow me to better play to my abilities? It seems to be similar with the New England Wolfpack (during the regular season, at least). I know those guys do not like to hit so much, so that they stay out of the box more. In that case, I know I can skate around and handle the puck looking for the best shooting location with less of a physical threat. (2 TPE)

Task 12: Sent (3 TPE)

Task 9:
A. I gotta go with Ensio Kalju. He is an underrated player with big time skill. He is also at the point in his career where it is time for him to just turn it up and take over games. I think he is ready for the challenge, and no better time than during the CHALLENGE Cup Finals.
B. I gotta go right off of TPE, because it gives me the best chance to win. Top skill, top performance. So at C, we have Anders Christiansen from the Wolfpack. At LW, one of the most well-respected members in SHL history, Hercules Rockefeller. At RW, we have a beast Manuel Gotze. And then the defence tandem is Tigole Bitties and Brady McIntyre. That's a scary lineup.
C. I gotta give it to my man Johannes Leitner. There's a reason his nickname is Leits out (pronounced Lights out). He has the ability to just be an absolute brick wall. He also has age and a good defence on his side, so I fully expect him to show up big for the Pack.
D. I think my favourite name has to be Przemysław Brzeszczyczkiewicz. I have no idea how to pronounce that thing, but it's fun to try. His name is also the first time I remember seeing a name not fit in the index, so that was also pretty cool. One day I'll learn how to say it. Trust.
E. I would rather eat a hotdog. Are you kidding me? Those things are very versatile. Hotdog and rice was a staple, growing up. Hotdog on the BBQ and stuck in a nice bun is a classic. But you can also throw sliced hotdogs into spaghetti or an omelette. So many ways to enjoy. Plus, Costco/IKEA hotdogs. Nuff said. (5 TPE)

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-15-2019, 10:06 AM by XLeafer.)

3. Written, 3 TPE
When Austin Roenick was in school, he was already popular because people knew he will not only be an athlete but also he will be a hockey player and he will be one of the best players in the league and one of the best players in the world. Austin Roenick looks to being a goal scorer, a filthy sniper who will have 100 shooting and everything. He is a dangerous man and even though he has not done so much damage in the junior because of him not trying and the league being an absolute joke, he is saving it for the majors. He is a passionate player and he is not such a very loyal player like Leafer Rielly because he will do what is best for the team. He only wants to play for the best teams and he decided to likely re-sign with tampa bay and win the challenge cup there.

4. Written, 2 TPE
Austin Roenick does not have any luck against any team because he is an absolute unit against any team. Any team he faces are all equal, even from the worst team to the best team because that is apparently how junior hockey works. Roenick has no clue on how he will do in the majors and who will be his favourite opponent to face but in the juniors right now, I think the opponent that favours Roenick is Anaheim because they passed on him in the draft and Roenick is making sure they pay for passing on him and that is why it is them i choose.

A. I mean I do not really know anyone on this list except for Terrance Nova because he was in my draft year, and he is still a very important player. He is a big impact on the team like he did with minnesota and any team with him has a gem of themselves.

B. F Tony Pepperoni, F Teddy Cuddles, F Hercules Rockefeller, D Brady McIntyre, D Tor Tuck. They are my choices for this fantasy team because they are dominating the league right now, it is perfectly balanced right there as they lead in points, goals and assists and the defense in the back are also very good and offensive and incredible defensively and they are a dream team.

C. I mean good for Leitner to have one of the best seasons of all time but he has not been his expectations in the playoffs and that is pretty disappointing and Tommy Tuck has done the opposite by doing great with the experience of being great and living up to the hype so Tuck has the edge.

D. Beaujeaux Biscuit will always be my favourite name because it reminds me of a certain european biscuit which I have tried only once in my lifetime is honestly, it is something I miss and something I may never ever try again because it tasted like heaven and this name of his is also heaven.

E. Salami for sure. Hot dog is pretty overrated right now and it is pretty much causing some big chaos at this moment so hot dog is causing some separation in the society which is very bad and salami and causing unity which is something we need to happen so yeah, salami and bread are my goodies.

Code:
12. Sent

PBE PT +3 TPE

[Image: giphy.gif]

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2019, 01:42 PM by ErM.)

1. Written, 3 TPE

Why not both? Tor Tuck is going to be attending all four games of the series because he is already playing in it. I figure I can put those front row tickets that Eggy is generously paying for and throw them on Craigslist to an Edmonton fan to turn a profit. I will use the hotel operation to get some nice penthouse in the Edmonton area for G3 and G4 so after a tough hard fought matches Tor Tuck can release some of the pent up stress with a handful of lucky ladies in a luxuries location. Plus, spending the extra money at home is going to help out the local economy a bit and give Tor Tuck a type of local vacation where he’s grinding it out on home ice but he is not going back to his usual home at the end of the day. As for the VIP status, Tor Tuck is not too concerned with that as he is already a VIP in Edmonton.

2. Written, 3 TPE

Picture this, a single, middle-aged white male is sitting in a messy studio apartment at his computer desk and you can see the SHL website in the back ground. He is aggressively typing on his keyboard (unrealistically loud as is done on TV) and the camera slowly moves up over his shoulder and you see he is on the New England Wolfpack fan forums. He clicks a link and the forum is full of nothing but gifs of blizzard. He sighs and types in a new website, Dunkin Donuts. The webpage pops up and it is another blizzard gif. He smacks his keyboard a bit harder and goes on to another website, he’s seeing when mass is on the Archdiocese of Boston homepage; another blizzard gif. There’s an audible yell as he quickly closes the page and logs onto the Boston Marathon page, cancelled due to a blizzard. Of course. He yells louder and started to tremble. Finally, he goes to his final comfort and opens up Bing to search “Tom Brady nudes.” Every image is a blizzard gif. The fan stands up in a fit of rage and flips over his computer desk. The screen fades to black with the sound of sobbing. A moment of silence and the words “Blozzard Rules. Go Blozzard.” Come up on the screen in Edmonton Blue and white and are read aloud by Karlstraße Scholz @karlssens

3. Written, 3 TPE

Tor Tuck is truly humbled that any high school, college, or any other level of player amateur or professional would want to mirror his style of play. Tor Tuck’s playing style has been mostly characterized as aggressive and hot headed for much of his career. Though he has also slotted into the playmaker role from time to time serving as a valuable asset of setting more talented players up to score goals and be successful. Tor Tuck’s career has been predicated on one trait that any young player can emulate. He is not a naturally talented player or anything of that nature, instead he just works harder than most and that translates to average player on the ice. If a player wants to succeed and truly puts in the amount of effort that outshines many of their peers they should be able to emulate Tor Tuck and have an adequate career in the SHL. Furthermore, when things are not going your way Tor Tuck is a strong proponent of the philosophy of just start smashing skulls. At the very least, you’ll be sending a message to the other team.

9. Written, up to 5 TPE

Terrance Nova is a name that Tor Tuck held in revere when he was a younger player trying to establish himself in the league and there is a reason for that. Terrance Nova is the epitome of a professional and has the kind of experience and skill that can inspire those around them. When Terrance Nova joined the Edmonton Blizzard there was an immediate spark in the locker room that may not have been immediately reflected on the ice, but it is clear now that Terrance is this team’s Chemical X. Nova’s mere presence is going to have a huge impact in this one.

My dream lines are as follows:

Forwards:
Hercules Rockefeller, Terrance Nova, Teddy Cuddles
Defense:
Brady McIntyre and Tor Tuck
Goalie:
Tommy Tuck

This is the kind of lineup where you can really see the chemistry out on the ice. All of these players have big moment experience where they have not faded in the brightest of lights and most importantly they all love each other very much.

Tommy Tuck definitely gets the nod in this one. He has had success in big moments since he was a rookie in the league leading Norway to a medal. He has been on the biggest stage in the finals before and come away with a W even in times where his team struggled. Furthermore, I have heard that he has some very handsome relatives so he must have jeans that are alright. These facts, coupled with recent cyborg augmentations and increased blood flow throughout his body means he is going to be a force in these finals. @Muford

Hercules Rockefeller is a regal name that exudes power and class. I am not sure if this man is a king, a business tycoon, a scientific genius, or a glorious hockey player. When people see Hercules Rockefeller walking down they see a man that crushes his enemies and they hear the lamentation of all of the women. @Leafs4ever

I would definitely eat hotdog. I am very familiar with the other man in charge in New England, and while @Ace was great at building a team he never was the best finisher. By eating hotdog, who I know is the brains behind that whole operation the New England front office would be crippled. In terms of how I would eat him, I know most would think a stew would be a way to go. But I would prefer to cook hotdog rotisserie style over an open fire to really send a message to the enemy.

12. Sent

[Image: TorTuck.gif]
[Image: sAx3Llh.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 09-14-2019, 11:18 PM by fever95.)

Code:
1. Written, 3 TPE

If I were invited to attend one of the first homestands as a VIP guest during the Challenge Cup Finals, I would choose to attend games one and two in Boston, rather than games three and four in Edmonton. One of the main reasons for this is that I am already close to Edmonton and have seen and done many things that the city of Edmonton has to offer. On the other hand, I have never been to the city of Boston or experienced what the city has to offer. To run up Eggy’s tab, I would find the most expensive hotel as possible get the penthouse suite and I would go to all the exclusive clubs and after parties around the city and spend some time on the links, playing rounds at the most exclusive country clubs in and around the city. I would make sure Eggy does not get off with a cheap tab.

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE

To describe my on-ice playing style to younger player, I would tell them that I am a new era power forward. I would describe to them that I have the ability to put pucks into the back of the net but that is not my greatest strength. I am a blue collar type of player who has worked very hard to get where I am today and my greatest strength has to be my game away from the puck. I love to deliver bone-crushing body checks when given the chance but will not sacrifice my defensive position to do so. I play a very sound defensive game, never leaving my team out to dry and take my defensive responsibilities very seriously. After all, the best offense is a great defense and as we all know one of the oldest cliches, defense wins championships. So with that being said, I would encourage the younger players to emulate my work ethic and defensive game, a part of the game that cannot be taught.

Code:
4. Written, 2 TPE

The team that I would say that I always come up with a big game against would be the Calgary Dragons. When we play Calgary, it seems that I always have an extra jump in my step and have no trouble at all getting motivated for those games. A specific reason for this would have to be the storied rivalry between the Jets and Dragons and those games are the most fun to play in, especially when there is something on the line for each team. I really enjoy the rivalry and am always up to the challenge when we face the Dragons.

Code:
9. Written, up to 5 TPE

A. In my opinion, Anders Christiansen will have the biggest impact on the series. He has always been an offensive minded player and one of the best fantasy scorers in the SHL. I believe he will have a big series, putting up some big numbers on the scoresheet and could put New England over the edge to help them hoist the Challenge Cup.

B. Teddy Cuddles - Rafe Ulrich - Manuel Gotze - Tigole Bitties - Brady McIntyre

I believe that this would be the best possible fantasy team of the remaining players left in the SHL playoffs. Each of these players put up a high amount of points with a lot of hits and shots on goal. In the current fantasy scoring system, hits are very important to score a lot of fantasy points and a good amount of points and shots on goal are a must to have a successful fantasy team.

C. I believe that Johannes Leitner of the New England Wolfpack has the advantage between the pipes this season over Edmonton’s Tommy Tuck. Leitner had a fantastic season for New England and was a big reason that they were able to be as successful as they have been up to this point. On the other end of the spectrum, Tuck struggled a bit and was not able to steal many games for the Blizzard. Unless something drastic changes, the Wolfpack should win the goaltending battle.

D. There are a few great player names among the players fighting it out for the Challenge Cup but my favourite would have to be Tigole Bitties of the New England Wolfpack. It goes without saying that we all should know what this player name refers to and whenever I see the name, it makes me smile and laugh at the same time. I really like how it isn’t a usual player name and how it has some humour to it.

E. For me, salami is not good when you eat it alone, but rather when you pair it with other foods like on a pizza or something of that nature. As for a hot dog, it is still good even if you do not have anything to go with it like french fries and all, especially if it is a longanisia flavoured hot dog, a Filipino twist which I came to love since marrying a Filipina. With that being said, I would rather eat a hot dog right now.

Code:
C. Name 1 player from the New England Wolfpack hall of fame and 1 player from the Edmonton Blizzard hall of fame.

PM sent.

[Image: fever95.gif]
[Image: LpkqUbe.gif]

PREVIOUS PLAYER STATISTICS

Code:
1. Written, 3 TPE

Finally, Harvey Danger is recognized for all of his great charity work. As a member of the Texas Renegades, I will be choosing to go to Boston to cheer on the New England Wolfpack and fellow S42 draftee (and former teammate) Noah Konn in his quest to win his first championship. I have been to Edmonton as a guest of Keygan beforehand, but it is a garbage city. Boston is not much better, but it's warm at this time of year and the people don't smell as bad. I'm not a guy who likes to watch hockey when my team is out, so is basketball still happening? Are the New England Patriots playing somewhere? I would likely skip the game and watch some WNBA or cricket or something else. Does Boston have an MLS team? I will likely drink a lot too, because of my sadness and jealousy of not playing a playoff game myself for a while. (158)

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE

Young players should try to emulate the patience of my player, Harvey Danger. It has been a long road, and finally S49 was the year that he felt like a great player in this league. His playing style is fast and rough, with a chip on his shoulder. He is not afraid to get a little dirty, and his penalty minutes and amount of fights he gets in is a testament to that. Danger is an offensive defenseman, but he is also a hit machine. A top 2-way defenseman if you will. Younger players should also try to hit the gym as much as possible. Stay consistent with your routine, but make sure to have cheat days. Maybe that is why it took 6 seasons before he was any good. You should also be loyal to the club that gave you a chance to play big minutes, because they will keep rewarding you with opportunities to make a lot of money. (161)

Code:
4. Written, 2 TPE

The team that Harvey Danger historically does the best against is the San Francisco Pride and the Los Angeles Panthers. Texas was 6-0 against San Francisco is S49 and 5-1 against Los Angeles, with some pretty great performances from the Danger-Dude to help the team overcome their conference rivals. Unfortunately, he was probably garbage against the other 11 teams in the league, which is why Texas finished so low. For whatever reason, San Francisco just can never be a good team, and the Renegades have feasted on them for the last 7 seasons of Danger's career. The Panthers have been good recently, so it is always nice to win games against them and contribute. (114)

Code:
9. Written, up to 5 TPE

A. Noah Konn will have the biggest impact on this series. He is a guy who has always underperformed and is quite hard on himself. He only has 2 goals through 11 games in these playoffs, but he can go off at any time and I am expecting big things from him. His whole line has underperformed so far, so if Konn gets going, he could carry them to the championship. (70)

B.
F - Rafe Ulrich (NEW)
F - Tony Pepperoni (EDM)
F - Teddy Cuddles (EDM)
D - Tor Tuck (EDM)
D - Brady McIntyre (EDM)

A lot of Edmonton players in my Fantasy team, because they hit and score more in these playoffs. Rafe Ulrich is the only NEW who could crack it, and it sounds like the Blizzard should have their way physically and emotionally with the Wolfpack if their previous playoff rounds is any indication. (72)

C. Tommy Tuck should have the advantage. He's the more mature and older goaltender isn't he? He has been a stud for as long as I can remember and although his numbers may not be as good as they have been previously, he gives the Blizzard the stability in net to win another cup. Leitner has been great too, but the advantage goes to Tuck. (64)

D. My favourite player name on the Edmonton Blizzard is Tony Pepperoni. It just rolls off the tongue and you cannot help but say it in a racist Italian accent. My favourite player name on the New England Wolfpack is Hugh Manatee. This is because of the clever play on words. It sounds a lot like "humanity", so I can't help but chuckle. Clever! (63)

E. I have eaten a lot of hot dogs recently due to my lazy nature, so I will have to go with some salami. Grab me a box of crackers and sliced cheese and make a little salami cheese cracker sandwich. This is actually making me hungry so let me just brb for a sec and I'll finish the rest later. (60)

Code:

Sent

1. Written, 3 TPE

Going to Edmonton for sure. Going to heckle to hell out of them. There's absolutely no way I can't do this as a Calgary player. It just isn't physically possible to not cheer on the opposition when they play afteryou have played for the Dragons. The rivalry is too strong. I'm going to run up Eggy's tab on every single piece of Dragon's gear I can find, and then drape them over every seat in the place. I'm sure security will stop me but it's my destiny. I know it. And once I'm outside, I'll adopt the homeless approach and ask people for tickets or merchandise, and then destroy it right before their eyes, like a true maniac. People will think I'm crazy, and they're right. Maybe I'll tip some bins over, spray HOTDOG across the entrance way, defecate on the road in front of the team bus, who knows? Alcohol is awesome and I hate Simon T.

2. Written, 3 TPE

The scene will be set in the locker room. It will contain three players, sweaty after a hard fought practice session. They will all be looking at one another, shifting gaze slowly. Then a cleaner will wheel in a trolley for dirty laundry. One by one, the boys will throw in their used clothes that are ready for the wash. A soft voiceover will begin: "After a hard trial in work or personal life, everyone knows the feeling... When you know you need to get clean, but a regular wash or shower just won't do it..." The camera will cut to a closeup of a jockstrap hanging out the side of the cart and slowly fade to black when suddenly the lights flick on brightly! The walls fall away and you are in a gigantic bathroom, filled with bidets! "INTRODUCING" the announcer will boommassively as the piercing intense light hits your eyes "THE NEW STANDARD IN UNDERCARRIAGE HYGIENE, THE SHL SLAPSHOT PRESSURE WASHER! NO LONGER FEAR BEING UNCLEAN, AND FEEL THE POWER UNDERNEATH YOU! OUR ROOKIES SWEAR BY IT!" The camera will turn to the players who look clearly confused and then the video will go blank for some reason. Shock viral marketing is very effective.

3. Written, 3 TPE

If a young player was to emulate Maxime, I'd say they need to have a sense of style or obscurity when it comes to outwards appearances. Maxime is strongly passionate about contrasting colours, and most of his personal things are a revolting mix of red and green. Everyone who sees it hates it, but it makes everything he owns unique, easily identifiable, and characteristically his. The best part about it is that no one wants to touch or take it. Bringing that obscurity to the ice gives Maxime an edge, as it makes him less predictable, and leaves the opponent stuck while they try to decide what play he might try to initiate. That is basically the secret that has made him a success amongst the dragons, and is one of the main reasons he is unique amongst the league. Also ignoring literally everything the coaches say and just doing it his way, cause you know, he's French.

4. Written, 2 TPE

My answer for this would be Edmonton specifically, but I don't necessarily think that's true anymore given the fact that they knocked us out this year. I would say maybe Minnesota? I think I have had a fairly good record against them in the past, but honestly I'm not too certain without digging through all of the data. I would say I might perform well against them given that they don't seem to be a very strong team currently, but maybe that's just me looking for an answer where there isn't one. Maybe Maxime just plays statistically average against all of his opponents and there's no true answer to the question.

Code:
9. Written, up to 5 TPE

Christiansen will have the biggest impact in the games I think. Unexpected players to make a large impact often surprise teams. Of course it could be the same on the other side too, but that's not the focus here. I think he will score goals, assist well, and generally find the room through the Edmonton players gaps.
Teddy Cuddles, Tony Pepperoni, Gordie Boomhover, Percy Morgan, Ensio Kaiju.
Each one of these players has exceptional numbers this year in the playoffs, and I feel as though that always makes for the strongest teams. Cuddles being the strongest here if you ask me. I went with the defensive pairing of New England because I feel it's best to keep those together.
Tuck had his moment, let's let Leitner shine in this one. I think he has the advantage in hunger. He wants a cup basly. Tuck got his already, and Johannes can almost taste it. I think he will be stonewalling the Blizzard left, right and centre. Whether that actually comes to fruition who knows, but I at least hope that it can be achieved.
Really? It can only be Eko Van Otter right? There's only one otter in the entire league, they are cute as a button, rare, and talented to boot. I honestly don't even know if there can be another answer to this. I mean, maybe Teddy Cuddles? But even then, it's not Teddy "Bear", it's just a guy who likes to give cuddles. Which is actually kind of weird now that I think about it.
Salami. Why? I dunno, I wasn't asked to give context. I just ate a BBQ brisket burger, and I feel like that is swaying my decision somewhat in the favour of cured meat as opposed to a warm meal. Also not having a hotdog to compliment your burger whilst you are eating it doesn't make you want one at a later pointthat day. Maybe ask me again tomorrow.

[Image: first.png]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img][img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img]
Maxime Bouchard
Armada Dragons Info - Updates  Dragons Armada
Richard Dickbutt McFudderdudder II
Armada Info - Updates Armada
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2019, 09:57 PM by DollarAndADream.)

IN PROGRESS

A maximum of 16.

CW deadline is Friday, September 20th at 10:00 PM ET. 

Code:
1. Written, 3 TPE 
As a member of the Calgary Dragons, it is an easy choice to go to the games in Edmonton. Not only that, but the Edmonton Blizzard are the team that took mine out in the playoffs, so it will be interesting to see how they fare in the finals. Edmonton is obviously close to home, so it's not far away to make a trip to watch these games. The main thing I will do is bring my entourage to West Edmonton Mall before the games. There's plenty to do there, not only just shopping. We will catch a movie, go to the wave pool, go to the theme park, and then all of us get to buy a new wardrobe of clothing. Eggy better be ready to pay for a ton of clothes for my buddies and I. For myself, I have needed a new suit for awhile now, so I am looking forward to spending more on a tailored suit with Eggy's money than I ever have spent on myself.

Code:
2. Written, 3 TPE

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE
If players wanted to model their game after me, just shoot the puck. I spend hours upon hours at the rink just shooting pucks at the net, perfecting my game. Do not be afraid to go to those dangerous areas, but also make Ovechkin's famous spot at the top of the circle your own. Where Pettersson shoots from the right, or Ovie shoots from the left, depending on your hand, just hover around there and clap bombs. If players defenders try to cover you at the circle, drift to the middle then return back. Watch how guys like Ovechkin do it. The biggest parts of my game are my shot and skating, so as long as you practice shooting a hell of a lot before getting to the SHL, you should be solid. Do all of your skating drills as well, especially perform well in the ones that coach wants you to do, like the bag skate. Do not take too many breathers while out there on the ice. You have to outwork the opposition.

Code:
4. Written, 2 TPE

Code:
5. Graphic, 2 TPE
Simple and straightforward - make a promotional poster for the S49 CC Finals. Must include at least one player render and the logos and names of both teams. Option A: make a good graphic. Option B: make a shitty graphic. Either will receive TPE.

Code:
6. Graphic, 3 TPE
Advertisers eyeing the SHL Finals coverage are always looking for that next young star. Create a graphic of either (a) a young player in the SHL finals (start date from S45-49) or (b) any player appearing in the SMJHL finals and their newest endorsement. Advertisement must have the players render and name, team logo, and the player promoting the endorsed product.

Code:
7. Graphic, 3 TPE
Outragous, shocking, exciting, funny and hyped! .. those are some of the words to describe the fan signs we've seen throughout this postseason!  post a 4 picture collage of the signs we've seen at any point in the S49 SHL or SMJHL playoffs!  the signs must be about a player or a team in the S49 playoffs.

Code:
8. Podcast, 3 or 4 TPE
Record a mini-podcast on any of the below topics!
- Highlights of the S49 season (on or off the ice)
- S49 playoff round-up
- S49 Challenge Cup finals Breakdown
- Offseason outlook

1 person Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 5 minutes or 4 TPE for 7 Minutes
2 person Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 6 Minutes or 4 TPE for 8 Minutes
Post the direct link to your podcast.

Code:
9. Written, up to 5 TPE

A: If I had to guess, I would say somebody like Terrance Nova will have a huge impact on this series. Terrance Nova is a long time veteran of the SHL, and knows the game quite well. If anyone has the ability to shut down another team, score goals themselves, and inspire the rest of their team, it's Nova. Look for Terrance to put on a great performance and be a big leader in the locker room.
B: Rockefeller, Cuddles, Boomhover, McIntyre, Tor Tuck, Tommy Tuck
All of these players, obviously most of them from Edmonton, they all played amazing in these playoffs. Unfortunately for New England, their games played in the post-season probably make my choices a little biased since the Blizzard played a lot more. ALl of these players were huge producers this post-season, and I think it will carryover until the season with that momentum.
C: I think Tommy Tuck has the definite advantage in this series. Tuck has had the opportunity to play in a lot more games in these playoffs, so to that point he will be a lot more game ready than Johannes. Tommy's numbers are much better than Johannes as well so far, and I think Tuck has the better defense to be able to help him out. Although, part of that great defense is Edmonton's ability to also score goals, so they won't have to defend as much in their own zone. As long as the Blizzard keep scoring, Tommy Tuck should be able to shut the door on the other side when the time comes.
D: My favourite name from either team is Teddy Cuddles of the Edmonton Blizzard. Teddy Cuddles is a cute name, and it makes you think of a fluffy teddy bear, but Teddy just goes out there and wrecks the league. His name is the opposite of what he does, because he just lays the body on people and has an accurate bullet of a shot. When I read Teddy Cuddles, it reminds me of when I was a toddler cuddling my teddy bear. I cannot hate Teddy.
E: Between the Salami and the Hotdog, I would much rather eat a salami. Hot dogs are a lot more common of a food, especially for a guy like me who camps all the time in the summer and goes to sporting events during the year. I have not had a good salami in a long time. I could definitely go for some kind of sandwich as well with salami in it.

Code:
10. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special!
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other. (150+ words)
Congrats to the Edmonton Blizzard. They kind of destroyed the New England Wolfpack, and as a Calgary Dragon who lost to them, I feel good that the team I lost to won the cup. The MVP of the finals I would say is Brady McIntyre. The guy had 3 goals and 3 assists for 6 points in the 4 game sweep. Not only that, but he had 5 hits and 10 shot blocks. He was an offensive force in the finals and was totally consistent. Every game he was making an impact, even the one where he did not register a point. Those 10 shot blocks are real important too, especially considering Game 1 they only won by 2 goals, and Game 4 they won by 1 goal. Any of those 10 shots he blocked could have been a goal, so they were huge. You have to think Brady also got into the Wolfpack's heads as well, with his physicality he brought.

Code:
11. Graphic, 3 TPE - The Procrastinator Special!
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and you also like doing graphics instead of writing. That's cool, too! Create a Series Recap broadcast graphic - the contents can be whatever you want, but your graphic must list both teams and at least 3 stats for each.

Code:
SENT

1 Welfare claim from either PBE or the NSFL will be accepted! *if you’re claiming welfare and have a different username on the affiliates site then you need to state that in your post to get credit.*

[Image: 9d3oxij.png]// [Image: 8xyKeyf.png] [Image: SHLEmoteDragons.png]
[Image: RNCgTPl.png]
[Image: aS7ARv6.png]
[Image: RIXCbNI.png]
[Image: aS7ARv6.png]