Create Account

S50 Interested Prospects

Edmonton Blizzard Interested Prospects

[Image: Edmonton.png]

Congrats on making it to the big Draft! It's an exciting time to be a prospect in the SHL and things only get more exciting from here on out as you join your new team and make your way towards SHL dominance. The Edmonton Blizzard are one of those teams and eager to add fresh new talent to an already lethal roster. Right now is the perfect time to join the Blizzard! We have a competitive team now, but we're always looking to the future so our winning ways never go away. If that's something you're interested in, or you're just hyped on the blizz, let us know below.

Link to Player Page:

1. Do you know anything about the team? Are you interested in being a part of it? Anything you'd like to know?

2. What kind of career do you envision your player having? Lead the league in scoring? Punch some people in the mouth? If you had to accomplish one thing in the SHL what would it be?

3. There's a place for all types of users on the Blizz. How active do you anticipate being? Max earner with all equipment? PTs and ACs only? Just ACs? Just want to make some new friends and hang in the locker room?

4. How familiar are you with hockey? Have you played it? watch it?

5. Got any hobbies? Have an aspiring music career? Anything cool going on?

6. Do you have a Discord tag? Want to share it? How do you feel about regularly chatting in Discord?

7. Do you enjoy writing media or making graphics? Have any jobs pm the site? What's the coolest thing you've done/made on the site? if nothing, anything you'd like to do?

8. What caused you to create a player in the league? Are you enjoying your time on the site? What would you change?

9. Play any video games? What is your video game system of choice? If no, any favourite board games? Books? Movies? Plays? (feel free to answer anyways)

10. Lets play a game. We're both in a room with a gun. If either of us shoot and kill the other that person will walk out of the room perfectly fine. If we both sit there for an hour we survive, but both lose our left leg below the knee. What do you do?

11. Got a job? Go to school? Stay-at-home parent? Socialite?

12. Do you have your future build laid out already? Are you going to need help building your star player (We're always there for you!)? Is the style of player you want to build set in stone?

Thanks for taking a bit of time to let us get to know you! If you have anything else you would like to share with the Edmonton Blizzard please post it here. Feel free to send myself or @TommySalami a PM if you want to know a little more about us and the Blizzard. Good luck in the Draft. You're going to do great!

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

Link to Player Page: Player Page

1. Do you know anything about the team? Are you interested in being a part of it? Anything you'd like to know?
I do not know anything! I'm interested in continuing my career into the SHL as the SMJHL has been so fun. The only thing I'd like to know is the people I could play with

2. What kind of career do you envision your player having? Lead the league in scoring? Punch some people in the mouth? If you had to accomplish one thing in the SHL what would it be?
I want to be a reliable two way center. Right now I lead the team in PK minutes played and that brings me great pride. I want to be the guy you look to to win games, be it setting up goals and preventing them

3. There's a place for all types of users on the Blizz. How active do you anticipate being? Max earner with all equipment? PTs and ACs only? Just ACs? Just want to make some new friends and hang in the locker room?
I want to get as many PTs as I can, workout and do the AC every week. I'm usually "active" once a week to get all my TPEs in, but I'm active in the discord fairly often.

I watch a lot of it, mostly Red Wings. I have a heart for statistics and generally hold that knowledge pretty well (compared to most things). I consider myself to be fairly knowledgeable about it. I plan on learning to play in the next 2 years (at 28, woo!)

I like to box for exercise (no sparring, just workout), hike and bike when i can, craft beer (Beer city, USA!), trying to learn Bass

6. Do you have a Discord tag? Want to share it? How do you feel about regularly chatting in Discord?
I chat quite a bit, more than I thought I would initially. PremierBromanov#5260

7. Do you enjoy writing media or making graphics? Have any jobs pm the site? What's the coolest thing you've done/made on the site? if nothing, anything you'd like to do?
I consider myself a capable writer, so I like to write. I don't do jobs, but so far I've written one piece of media for money and will have to write some more soon lol

8. What caused you to create a player in the league? Are you enjoying your time on the site? What would you change?
I saw the reddit post and figured it'd be fun! I am enjoying it, I find myself very invested in the outcome of games. I think while the system we have here is impressive, there are better ways to handle navigation et al. As a software developer, I think about it a lot.

9. Play any video games? What is your video game system of choice? If no, any favourite board games? Books? Movies? Plays? (feel free to answer anyways)
More in the past than recently. My favorite system of all time is the Gamecube, but I'm a PC player at heart. Majoras Mask, Command and Conquer, Starcraft, Factorio, Darkest Dungeon, Legend of Grimrock 2, Tribes Ascend, etc. I've been playing the shit out of Gloomhaven with some friends and i like it a lot. Reading the Malazan series (10 books), i'm 6 books in. It's some of the best writing i've ever read, rivals Tolkein. I like horror movies, suspense.

10. Lets play a game. We're both in a room with a gun. If either of us shoot and kill the other that person will walk out of the room perfectly fine. If we both sit there for an hour we survive, but both lose our left leg below the knee. What do you do?
I think a human life is worth a shin. I sit there, probably assure our safety by placing our guns in the corner or something.

Software developer, soon to be Adjunct teacher. No wife, no kids. I keep a close group of friends, try to go out when i can

12. Do you have your future build laid out already? Are you going to need help building your star player (We're always there for you!)? Is the style of player you want to build set in stone?
I do not have a build yet, other than some numbers to hit. I'm always open to advice being that I don't know how the sims work exactly. I just want to be a two-way passing center with good hands and positioning. Pavel Datsyuk-lite-lite

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

Link to Player Page: Phineas Gold

I know absolutely nothing.  But any team that is active and likes to have fun and aren’t cursing at each other is a team I’ll be part of. 

1. What kind of career do you envision your player having? Lead the league in scoring? Punch some people in the mouth? If you had to accomplish one thing in the SHL what would it be?I want my player to be a lead scorer in the league.  My one goal before I retire him is to have someone else pick Phineas for fantasy because he’s logically the best choice.  First picks even better.

1. There's a place for all types of users on the Blizz. How active do you anticipate being? Max earner with all equipment? PTs and ACs only? Just ACs? Just want to make some new friends and hang in the locker room?Very active.  Writing, updating, max TPE earner.  Ill probably have time to do everything but PBPs for playoff finals. 

1. How familiar are you with hockey? Have you played it? watch it?Never played only watched.  Canes and Rangers fan.  Looking forward to the season so badly!  Forcing my first born son to play.  May or may not name him Phineas and my last name is already Gold!

1. Got any hobbies? Have an aspiring music career? Anything cool going on?I cook and bake a lot.  Other than that I like to play a ton of board games and video games when possible.  For the rest of day I work a job.  It’s very entertaining…

1. Do you have a Discord tag? Want to share it? How do you feel about regularly chatting in Discord?z0rem#4478.  Ill chat when other people are chatting, ill start messaging if no one else is.  Doesn’t matter to me.  I just like to be active and promote activity.

1. Do you enjoy writing media or making graphics? Have any jobs pm the site? What's the coolest thing you've done/made on the site? if nothing, anything you'd like to do?I am a make it up fantasy media writer at heart.  I would like to grab some jobs at some point but so far Ive seen only GM jobs and other minor ones since I started looking at the announcements posts.  Not ready to GM, but would like to at some point.

1. What caused you to create a player in the league? Are you enjoying your time on the site? What would you change?Reddit.  Hockey off season.  Reddit.  Hockey off season.  Started on a whim, continue because of the fun I am having.  Don’t think I would change anything right now.

1. Play any video games? What is your video game system of choice? If no, any favourite board games? Books? Movies? Plays? (feel free to answer anyways)PS4 but mostly only play couch co-op games (which is a dying breed).  I play a ton of boardgames including my weekly Gloomhaven session.  I usually get a game or 2 of something in o nthe weekends. 

1. Lets play a game. We're both in a room with a gun. If either of us shoot and kill the other that person will walk out of the room perfectly fine. If we both sit there for an hour we survive, but both lose our left leg below the knee. What do you do?Spend an hour trying to get out of the room first.  If the gun has bullets there has got to be a way out using it.  I might have to learn how to make wrenches or other tools by mcguivering one fro ma gun now in case this situation ever comes up.  Id take the loss of a leg to make sure we both get out.  At the end of the day its just a leg, and you don’t really need it do anything in my life.  I have a desk job.

1. Got a job? Go to school? Stay-at-home parent? Socialite?Desk Job working as an analyst.  Just picked up R and looking to learn more about it by using SHL data.  Newly wed so I spend most of my evenings with my wife so probably will never do group discord game sessions or something as she gets a little nippy if I spend time doing things on the internet with other people.  It’s fine if I go out and do things in real life though.  Ugh…. Marriage.

1. Do you have your future build laid out already? Are you going to need help building your star player (We're always there for you!)? Is the style of player you want to build set in stone?I only have a Juniors build planned out for now.  I want to make a shoot first left winger who manages to score more than I am currently.  My build is almost complete so well see how next season goes for Phineas. That being  said when I get to majors ill have to think of a new build plan. 

[Image: seamus.png]

Credit to Vulfzilla for the awesome render pic
[Image: gXlAFBa.png]|| [Image: 8CbZQAJ.png]

Link to Player Page:  Player Page Here

Similar to a lot of the other new people - I don't know much.  I'm looking for a team with a good group in the LR which is where most of the time is spent.   Would be great if we could kick some ass too, but doesn't have to be a cup winning team every year for me to be happy.

I'm going for a pass-first center so I doubt I'll lead the league in goals, but those assists sure can add up.   Gotta win face-offs and make plays to those that are best at putting the puck in the net.

So far I've been a max earner.  I missed out on the S49 fantasy and didn't get picked for a pbp, but otherwise haven't missed any TPE chances.   We've got a bet amongst some of the rookies for TPE so that's keeping me interested.

Never put a pair of ice skates on in my life.   But watched it a ton and currently a Capitals season ticket holder so get to watch it a lot.  

Well SHL seems to have taken way more of my time than I'd like to admit lately - but otherwise I'm a bit of a Tesla nerd, do the family thing, and am pretty handy so pretty much always have some sort of work going on at the house.   Just old guy stuff

I'm on basically all the time.  Happy to chat.   ThiefOfCheese#0881

I've got 1.5 jobs now.   I'm the SMJHL Budget Director (1) and I'm one of 4 that write the Hot Potato reports (.5).   Hot Potato doesn't get a salary directly - but it is generating media which then gets paid out.  

Coolest thing on the site so far was probably my attempt at breaking down team roster/salaries Moneyball style - but if fell kinda flat b/c of the J having such consistent salary rules.  Post is here

Found it on r/hockey.  Really didn't know what I was getting into, but did it anyway.   Actually wrote a bit about that here

I think it's still tough for completely new people to figure out what the hell Simulation Hockey is and how to participate.   I've been considering writing a post / talking to Pris to make some things more clear.

Used to play games more often, but now I don't have a ton of time.   Have a switch and pick up BoTW every so often, but very slow to make progress.   I'm a fairly new board game / tabletop guy, but that's picking up.   From Catan or Orbis, to Munchkin or Secret Hitler - I like lots of stuff.   Just haven't gotten into multi-hour campaign types b/c getting the time is tough.  ~2 hours is about max I can give to a game at a time.

Well that depends.  I gotta know more about you.   I'll start with a few questions and then make the decision.  Lets start with these:
  • Are you a penguins fan?
  • Is a hotdog a sandwich?
  • When showering, do you wash your legs directly with soap?
  • Which is the best Mario Kart game?

Hint:  There is a right and wrong answer to each of these.   If you answer correctly we can possibly leave amicably.  No promises though.

Definitely got a job.   Actually supposed to be doing that job right now.   But actually do most of my SHL'ing at work.   Boring IT stuff.

Nope - got a 350 build laid out, but nothing set in stone past that.   Would want to work with whatever team to find the right fit to fill gaps and such.   I need all the help I can get (in more ways than one).

(Also please note that the scrub @Z0REM couldn't even get his numbering right.   You wouldn't want someone like that on your team, would you?)

[Image: thiefofcheese.gif]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] 

Sig credit: Ragnar, Carpy48, High Stick King

stop updating blizzard team members this needs to be on top.

Bump

(This post was last modified: 09-15-2019, 12:22 AM by Budgie.)

I don't know anything, about any topic. I'm interested in being a part of the team, for the main reason that you guys have one of the older goalies currently. After my four years in Juniors, You guys might be starting to think about an heir.

I really want to win a collection of challenge cups, and maybe steal some games along the way.

I'm definitely trying to stay on pace with the top earners for now, I've got my eye on 2k TPE. I'm pretty active in my Junior Locker Room in Anchorage so I'm definitely also looking to upgrade my friends from the current Armada stock.

All of the above! I've not a mind for statistics outside my fav team the Senators, but I know my way around a rink, been playing and watching hockey since I was 3 years old.

I'm in my last year of school, so they say I'm not allowed to have hobbies. I do like to play some music on the side, and generally dabble in as many different fields as possible.

Discord tag is toirekari#4915. I'm on there pretty often with the Armada, so I'm definitely down to chill with the blizz as well.

I've actually really enjoyed writing media! I'm a bit backed up with the articles I've planned but haven't written yet because I've been trying my hand at graphics these past couple weeks but I'll get to them eventually. I'm pretty proud of the sig I made for my teammate Sam Michaud (golden_apricot), it turned out real nice.

I'm in the reddit draft, so I'm sure you can guess that the reddit post on /r/hockey is what showed me the light. I've been super enjoying my time here, it's a lot of fun! The only thing I'd change is tweak the timing for rookie TPE so that we can be more relevant earlier, but I don't have any foolproof ideas on what exactly needs changing.

I primarily play games on PC and Nintendo Switch, some of my favourite games are KSP, Skyrim, Civ, Warframe. I don't tend to play a lot of competitive games because frankly I'm not usually that good. Favourite board game is probably Risk (but the real old version of the board with the better map). Favourite non-fiction book is Last Chance to See by Douglas Adams. Favourite fiction book is King of Attolia by Meghan Whalen Turner (but that whole Queen's Thief series is perfect). Favourite movie is an impossible question, maybe The Lives of Others? Favourite musical is Hamilton (that's pretty basic, I know).

Shoot myself in the knee. Hopefully at that point your maternal side will kick in and you'll put me out of my misery and we can both walk free.

Edit: I guess I misunderstood the question. I assumed the one doing the killing would also be fine, but upon re-reading the question there's the ominous implication that the murderer stays in the room forever? Anyways there's no contingency in the rules for suicide so I'd just shoot myself with the gun and see what happens. The one who dies goes free but the murderer stays, so what would happen to me? And what would happen to you, the innocent bystander? Or, are you even innocent if you watched someone commit suicide in front of you and did nothing to stop it? Could it be argued that in that case you're still the murderer and I'm only a victim of your cruelty by negligence? So many questions, we need to get this room set up so we can collect some data and come to some conclusions.

I'm in school until May, then ideally I'll meet a rich lady and I can start a charity for parrots with respiratory fungal infections or something. Fingers crossed.

I've had some pretty good mentors for goalie builds in Tomasnz and JayWhy, so I feel like I've got a pretty good handle on building goalies. I'm always open for suggestions though, I just want to be the best version of myself possible.

[Image: EsVSFns.png][Image: uzmDXiJ.png]
Sigs by @Carpy48 and @tweedledunn

Link to Player Page: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.p...pid2671486

I don't know much about the team or players, although I'm in the Canada discord with Keygan currently. You guys don't have many centers in your system so I could fit in well. The core here is a little older, where do you guys see yourselves in the mid to late S50s?

I want to win the Challenge Cup during my first player's career. The biggest dream would be Triple Gold Club.

I'll be getting as much TPE possible aside from the chance related TPE. Aiming to be #1 but realistically stick within top 5 over time. Having fun within my locker room as well.

I have not played it but I follow the NHL fairly close.

Right now I spend a lot of time on this site and with fantasy hockey getting ready for my draft. Aside from that I do typical nerd stuff like video games and anime.

Naosu#2416 I use it regularly so I'll be active in it. Keygan probably has an idea of my activity already.

I enjoy writing media articles although I'm kinda slow at it. (Usually more than an hr per 1k words.) I got hired on as Co-GM for WJC Canada and will be working on getting the team another gold. This will hopefully be the coolest thing I've done at this point.

I saw a post on Reddit and it seemed like a good way to kill some time, although I've been spending way more time than I expected. I am very much enjoying my time here. One thing I would consider changing is the rollback for WJC TPE. Rookies get punished here for the possibility of capped players unbanking and that seems unfair.

I used to play a ton of video games but haven't as much lately. PC is my first choice but I have a PS4 and Switch for exclusives.

I would go on a tirade about the prisoner's dilema trying to stall time. I'd also take a big leap of faith and put a great distance than you between myself on the gun, to show I have no intention of shooting.

I work full time with on call overtime hours sometimes.

I have a 350 build mostly planned but nothing beyond that yet. I'm open to any advice and am not set in stone with the direction I want to go.

[Image: jrousseau.gif]
[Image: j7ebBxQ.png] [Image: FbT2Pb1.png]
Canada Knights Canada Knights Canada

Stop updating Edmonton I’m trying to keep this BUMPED.

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2019, 06:59 PM by omenolson.)

Link to Player Page: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=98136

i dont know anything about the team. im interested in being a part of it because of the cool logo

lots of hits, face off god, hopefully score 10-15 goals as well. i want to score a goal in an SHL finals game. because fuck team accomplishments i only like individual.

PTs, ACs, some sort of training per week ideally. i like bullying my teammates in the LR (not all my teammates just some, cause im a nice guy)

watch it, play it, live it.

im pretty good at being an overall toxic human being

ominous#1311 i do all communication on discord

im working in an advisor role for the vancouver whalers. the coolest thing ive done on the site was making a fake trade request rumor about one of my teammates. (your player named jean-paul boivin!) i make all of my money in media

just fascinated by the simulation aspect. i am enjoying my time on the site

i am a pc gamer, league of legends and rainbow 6 ez pz. board games? i am really good at losing in catan 1v1s to my smjhl general manager MCP.

i shoot and kill you. ez win

i am currently doing this magnificent thing called getting an education. i dont really have a life though

um, it will depend on how my next smjhl seasons will go, if i suck dick then i will go full grinder route. if i become top scorer then ill keep building that way

[Image: mpcR8M0.png]
player page                                                         update page

because im such a nice guy, im going to bump the thread for you, plz draft me ty

[Image: mpcR8M0.png]
player page                                                         update page