Create Account

Best Non Reddit Drafts Ever

What would people say the best non reddit drafts ever are in terms of both quantity and quality?

Can the current S47 class potentially rival any of those classes eventually?

[Image: selm.gif]
[Image: sig.gif]

In terms of quality, S35 has atleast 6 HOF players right now

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

09-13-2019, 12:19 PMBDonini Wrote: What would people say the best non reddit drafts ever are in terms of both quantity and quality?

Can the current S47 class potentially rival any of those classes eventually?

I think S35's first round has to be up there when you factor in what you got out of a very small draft.

http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=75471

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria
(This post was last modified: 09-13-2019, 12:55 PM by WannabeFinn.)

Off the top of my head

S24, S35, S38, S47 were all quite solid non reddit drafts

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

S5 if I remember correctly was the standout draft before reddit.

09-13-2019, 01:04 PMRomanesEuntDomus Wrote: S5 if I remember correctly was the standout draft before reddit.
I’d assume Donini is asking about the best non-reddit drafts of the Reddit draft era (S20-Present)

09-13-2019, 01:16 PMWannabeFinn Wrote:
09-13-2019, 01:04 PMRomanesEuntDomus Wrote: S5 if I remember correctly was the standout draft before reddit.
I’d assume Donini is asking about the best non-reddit drafts of the Reddit draft era (S20-Present)

I think he is asking about all drafts but oh well, different interpretations I guess.

09-13-2019, 01:21 PMRomanesEuntDomus Wrote:
09-13-2019, 01:16 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: I’d assume Donini is asking about the best non-reddit drafts of the Reddit draft era (S20-Present)

I think he is asking about all drafts but oh well, different interpretations I guess.
While S1-19 are obviously “non-reddit”, I think it isn’t really fair to compare those drafts directly to the non-reddit classes of S20-onwards due to the cyclical nature of the recruiting process in this reddit era. We no longer try to have consistently strong classes because of the massive waves of reddit recruits. Classes inbetween the reddit postings are just enough to fill in the cracks.. that’s kind of how I’ve seen it, anyways.

09-13-2019, 01:24 PMWannabeFinn Wrote:
09-13-2019, 01:21 PMRomanesEuntDomus Wrote: I think he is asking about all drafts but oh well, different interpretations I guess.
While S1-19 are obviously “non-reddit”, I think it isn’t really fair to compare those drafts directly to the non-reddit classes of S20-onwards due to the cyclical nature of the recruiting process in this reddit era. We no longer try to have consistently strong classes because of the massive waves of reddit recruits. Classes inbetween the reddit postings are just enough to fill in the cracks.. that’s kind of how I’ve seen it, anyways.

Oh that's totally true, it's a totally different era although I would argue that back then recruitment was more consistent, but generally weaker than it is today. S5 stands out among the other classes of the time just as much, if not more, than the reddit drafts of today.

S47 is somewhat of a Reddit draft though. We hit like 15 subreddits that season.

[Image: 3.png]

09-13-2019, 01:42 PMJSS Wrote: S47 is somewhat of a Reddit draft though. We hit like 15 subreddits that season.
r/hockey draft/non-r/hockey then ya fuck

09-13-2019, 12:30 PMluketd Wrote: In terms of quality, S35 has atleast 6 HOF players right now

Who are your six? I'm not seeing that many standouts from that draft.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

S5 was incredible, it brought some of the most influential members to the leagues early success, and was really the jumping off point for the SHL. 80+ picks, eight rounds, some commissioners, GM's, HoF players came out of that. Probably the best draft of all time in terms of impact. It ushered in members like Hoggie, Cam, Seth, Witzel, Nate, Joker, DPark, Deedz, Duey, Ace, Fisher, Mac, Webb, Goose, Banjo, McBride, Fisher. Without most of those people, who knows what the SHL would look like today. Or if it even would exist. That draft was nutty

S6, S7, and S8 after that weren't too shabby either. All 50+ picks, 5-7 rounds, bringing in members like HFFO, myself, GoB, yourself, McKeil, Tez, Wasty, McZ, Hallsy, Tylar, Wadester, Gibby. All mainstays for so long. After that we started getting into recreates mixed with new guys, but still good drafts all without Reddit.

And I've even forgotten names from this time, but it was pretty crazy in those early days the big drafts we could have of entirely new guys

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

09-13-2019, 01:43 PMWannabeFinn Wrote:
09-13-2019, 01:42 PMJSS Wrote: S47 is somewhat of a Reddit draft though. We hit like 15 subreddits that season.
r/hockey draft/non-r/hockey then ya fuck

sure

[Image: 3.png]

S44 was a very deep and talent-stacked class that has endured the test of time...

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/ByNN8Jn.gif[/img]