Create Account

S49 SMJHL Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 09-22-2019, 05:32 PM by dylanjj37.)

Task 2

Top 5 Anchorage Armada Rookies in the playoffs
1. Daniel Bischoff – Clearly the best of all players on the team, not just the rookies. He scored three goals, more than any other rookie
2. Andrei Petrikov – Played on the same line as the best rookie so gets second place. He also got two goals
3. Ian Budgie Venables – Best rookie goalie on the team, no other rookie goalie compares
4. Augustus Wang – Somehow that #WANG20 made him actually an OK player in the playoffs
5. Rhett Ward/Jay Reeves – I couldn't decide between these two rookies so they are both fifth best. They didn't do much but they were better than the other remaining rookies.

Task 4

If I could play on any other team in the SMJHL instead of the Anchorage Armada, currently the best team in the SMJHL because I play for them, it would be a hard choice because I would rather be playing for the Anchorage Armada, the best team in the SMJHL. If I had to choose a team it would be the St. Louis Scarecrows who I have heard are apparently a very bad team right now and who could definitely use my help if I were to leave the Anchorage Armada, the best team in the SMJHL right now, and move to another team. I would probably play on the first line instead of Mika Kandinsky because he is not very good and I can play with my buddy from Switzerland, the winger Nicolaj Muller, who should not even still be in the SMJHL because he is so very good.
(This post was last modified: 09-22-2019, 11:36 PM by thebigschnoz.)

09-13-2019, 05:20 PMJenny Wrote: Task #1 - [Written Option]  Which line combination is making/has made the biggest positive impact in for your team in the playoffs? Which is making/has made the biggest negative impact? Why?  Requirements: Must include at least 150 words.  [Graphics Option]  Create an infographic comparing your team's best line combo vs the worst line combo.  Requirements: Must include at least 3 stats.

Taking a page from PT4, the Montreal Militia first line has been possibly the most consistently solid lines in all the SMJHL. The line consisting of wingers Bobby Lane and Herry Morris, and centered by Gaspard Boone, all placed at the top of the leaderboards this post-season. Rookie Bobby Lane was the worst of the three, with 12 points in 17 games, and holding himself to a +8, and a disciplined 4 penalty minutes. That was enough to tie him for 10th in the league in points, just as a rookie – with KK being the next closest rookie with 10 points. Boone and Morris were first and third, respectively, at the top of the goal-scoring leaderboard, with 9 and 7 each – and somehow, Boone had an unsustainable 23.68% shooting percentage. Boone topped the scorers in general as well, and Morris came in 6th. Additionally, Boone also finished with 4 penalty minutes, while Morris had 12.

09-13-2019, 05:20 PMJenny Wrote: Task #2 - [Written Option] Create a Top 5 list of something to do with the playoffs (eg. top 5 weirdest things that have been poured into the Four Star Cup after a win, top 5 hilarious tweets during a certain game, top 5 goals your player scored, top 5 mascots you wish the two finals teams had instead of the current mascots, etc.) Requirements:  No specific word count, but each item in your list should be more than just one word. [Graphics Option]  Create a graphics version of your list.

Top 5 Militia Celebrations:

5) Tom Fiddler's Salute
4) Pokrywka's Breakaway Sword Sheath
3) Kaspars Claude's Pony Express
2) Herry Morris's Pump Up
1) Gaspard Boone's Game winner

09-13-2019, 05:20 PMJenny Wrote: Task #4 - If you weren't playing for your current team, which team would you most like to be playing for in the playoffs.  Explain why you chose that team and how you think you'd slot into their roster.  Would your player make a big impact on the team?  Would you improve their chances of winning a cup?  Requirements:  Must include at least 150 words.

I can honestly say I truly enjoy playing for the Militia, and now officially the Kraken. The team is well-balanced, and with Fuzz as our GM, he’s done a great job analyzing the team and making adjustments where they were needed. There isn’t a team I’d rather play for. That said, if I had to choose another team to play for, it would be the Scarecrows. I have a short but sweet history with the Crows, as my previous character Spiak had a tenure with the team. Additionally, the team had to fight to make the post-season this year, and I absolutely love rooting for (and being a part of) the underdogs. Nothing feels better than beating a team you’re expecting to get smoked by. I would have loved to help carry the Crows through the playoffs and see if we could make a deep run with Pokrywka on the roster.

[Image: eVLQjW8.png][Image: I8h2PWM.png]
Z-big-nyev Po-kriv-ka