Create Account

S49 SMJHL Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 09-21-2019, 12:28 AM by Naosu.)

Task #1
The line with the biggest positive impact for the Knights was definitely the first line of Josef Novotny, Raquel Castillo Gutierrez, and Tah Puhcheese. They continued the same way they did all season long, playing a stellar game and putting up points for the team at a near point per game pace each. They also managed to improve their power play giving a boost to teams special team percentage. The line with the biggest negative impact could be debated between the third and fourth. The fourth line is non existent due to minimal ice time and lack of skill, therefore nothing much happens during the brief time they're on the ice. The third line of Ryan Shepard, Andrey Barbashev II, and Gylfi Eriksson faltered a little from their regular season performance once they hit the playoffs. The production of the line went up, but they also averaged more goals against when on the ice making it a net loss for the team.

Task #2
Top 5 Series during the S49 SMJHL Playoffs
1. Montreal [4] vs Halifax [3]
2. Anaheim [3] vs St.Louis [4]
3. Montreal [4] vs Kelowna [1]
4. Anchorage [4] vs Colorado [3]
5. Montreal [4] vs Detroit [1]

Task #3
1. Montreal
2. Detroit
3. St.Louis
4. Vancouver
5. Halifax
6. Colorado
7. Anaheim
8. Anchorage
9. Lethbridge

Although we lost the finals in 5, the Montreal series was razor thin the first three games and could have gone either way. It would have been nicer to win but it was a very fun experience. Their rookies were definitely the x-factor. For Detroit, they were the cup favourite the whole season so I wanted to see how we would match up against them in the playoffs. St.Louis had the best overall line this season, and the alumni for my team doesn't like them. It would have been more pleasant to put them out in the finals. Vancouver is another rivalry choice and were the defending champs. Halifax being the #3 seed and have who could be argued the best goaltender by the end of the regular season. After that I don't have too much of a preference so I thought of players on each team I want to face.

Task #4
If I wasn't playing for the Knights, I think I'd want to be playing for the Lions. I initially thought they would be the team I would end up on, so they would be my next choice as I'm quite loyal. With Luca Vecelli in the line up, I would be competing for 2nd line center, or be in the same spot I am now as 3rd line center. If I was on the second line I would have a lot more ice time and be able to make a decent impact. I worked on my non offensive stats first leading up to the playoffs so I'm close to cap outside of skating, passing, and scoring so I would be in a decent spot as a center. Eva Lykke Aparjode who is Lethbridge's leading scoring from the second line would in turn boost my offensive production as I play a solid two way game for them. If I was on the third line, things would be pretty much the same for as they are now, although I would give the Lions some much needed depth.

Task #5
I'd like to go over the goalie matchup in the finals. Heading into the finals Alexander Thorstrom of Kelowna who had 8 wins, a .916 SV% and 2.25 GAA through 12 games. Mike Hunt from Montreal had 8 wins, a .911SV% and 2.33 GAA. Thorstrom had a rough game 1, letting the game tying goal less than a minue after his team went ahead with 8 minutes left in the third. He then let in the game winner five minutes into overtime and finished that game with a pitiful .833SV%. In game 2 Mike Hunt had a great game after a mediocre game 1. He only let in 2 goals on 34 shots for a .941SV% allowing his team to win the game 3-2. In game 3 Mike Hunt gave his team the stranglehold on the series with an average game, allowing 3 goals on 35 shots for a 9.14SV% whereas Thorstrom didn't play as well allowing 4 goals on 31 for a .871SV%. After the finals their stats ended up: Thorstrom finishing with 9 wins, a .897SV% and 2.58GAA. Hunt finished with 12 wins, a .914SV% and 2.46GAA. Hunt played lights out and was a big part in his team bringing home the Cup.

[Image: jrousseau.gif]
[Image: j7ebBxQ.png] [Image: FbT2Pb1.png]
Canada Knights Canada Knights Canada
(This post was last modified: 09-22-2019, 12:07 PM by Symmetrik.)

Task #1 - [Written Option] Which line combination is making/has made the biggest positive impact in for your team in the playoffs? Which is making/has made the biggest negative impact? Why? Requirements: Must include at least 150 words.

For the Lions, it was quite clear that their 2nd forward line was making the biggest impact. Aparjode & Hutchinson were the top 2 scoring forwards for the Lions, and the center Veccelli added 5 points, 4th most among forwards. Not only were they the best scorers, but the 2nd line also had the best +/-, with Veccelli leading the way at +6, Hutchinson right behind at +6. For good measure, Veccelli also led the way in faceoffs, at 57.38%.

On the other side, it's more difficult to determine the line with the most negative impact. Line 1 was a combined -6 (the most), and combined for 15 points (2nd most). Line 4 was a combined -5, but only had 6 points combined. In terms of pure impact, probably line 4 was the most negative impact, since they didn't put up many points compared to their negative +/-. But the top line has much more expectations, and far more time on the ice (double the TOI of line 4), and if they perform below expectation/need, it's typically leaves the team in a worse position than if your 4th line is struggling.

Task #2: PBE Champ Week

Task #3 - [Written Option] Rank the teams in order of who you would most want to face in Finals to who you would least want to face. Explain why. Requirements: Must include at least 150 words

Well, I think first off the team I'd want to face the least is the Militia. Obviously they won, and pretty handily against Kelowna. The playoffs already determined them to be the best team, so I won't argue with that. The team that has proven to win is the team I least want to face.
Next is probably Kelowna. They already beat us in the semi finals, so it doesn't really give me good confidence in a redo as the finals.
The next bunch are all pretty close together probably. The Falcons, who led the league in the regular season, with 68 points is obviously a challenge. The Raiders, who were a top team in the regular season, went 7 games against the eventual champs. And the Scarecrows, though lower in the standings, won series and took 2 games off Kelowna. They also had the highest scoring player in the league and the highest scoring defenseman. 2 other players in the top 15 scorers. A very dangerous team.
The Armada up next. They were the worst team in the regular season, but still won a series in the playoffs, beating the 7th seed Raptors.
Next 2 are the Raptors and Outlaws. Both were bottom 4 teams and lost their only playoff series. So probably not a significant challenge.
And the last team is the Vancouver Whalers, we played them in the playoffs, and already beat them handily 4-1. We know how to beat them and know we can, so they would be the team I would most want to face.

Task #4 - If you weren't playing for your current team, which team would you most like to be playing for in the playoffs. Explain why you chose that team and how you think you'd slot into their roster. Would your player make a big impact on the team? Would you improve their chances of winning a cup? Requirements: Must include at least 150 words.

Obviously, if I was going to pick a team to play for in the playoffs, I would just pick the team that won, the Montreal Militia. I would be able to slot in as their 2nd line center, possibly even the top line center. Boone is a shoot first guy, not as ideal for a centerman, and I would immediately be their best faceoff guy. The Militia are definitely short on centers, so I think it would make a big impact to have me on the roster. Their bottom 2 centers especially are weaker, one of them is even a natural winger. Jakkola their 3rd line center had a 41% FO win rate. Their team faceoff % was 46.8% in the playoffs. I have better offensive abilities than their other centers, for the most part. They already won the cup, so it's hard to say it would improve it from 100% chance of winning. I think my addition would have absolutely helped the Militia be a better team.

Task #5 - [Written Option] Highlight any goalie matchup from any series in the playoffs. Requirements: Must include at least 150 words and 3 stats, either from playoffs or the regular season.

I will talk about the matchup between the Montreal Militia and the Detroit Falcons. It was a battle of the pesky Militia vs the #1 seed Falcons. The Militia made short work of the series, with a smooth 5 game victory. A large part of that was thanks to polar opposite goaltending performances. Mike Hunt led the post season in save percentage, at 0.914, while Emiko Spector had one of the lowest marks, just 0.875. The Falcons actually won game 1, as Spector out-dueled Hunt, a 0.931 sv% to 0.921. In the 4 games following that - all losses for the Falcons - Spector had save percentages of 0.893, 0.792, 0.846, and 0.783 (and got pulled in game 5). Hunt on the other hand went 0.929, 0.889, 0.925, and 0.950. Hunt's worst sv% number over the 4 Montreal victories was better than Spector's best. It was a completely lopsided goaltending matchup, and it was a huge part of why the Falcons got upset by the 6th seeded Militia.

[Image: symmetrik.gif]

Prince George Firebirds GM (S34-S36)
Toronto North Stars GM (S37-S43)
[Image: XtyrY3M.png]

Code:
Task #1 - [Written Option]  Which line combination is making/has made the biggest positive impact in for your team in the playoffs? Which is making/has made the biggest negative impact? Why?  Requirements: Must include at least 150 words.

Prior to the finals, our top forward line has been playing great hockey. The combination of Boone, Lane, and Morris has been difficult for every team to handle. Together they contributed 17 goals in 12, and were three of the highest scoring players in the playoffs. Putting up those kind of points played a big role in putting Montreal in the finals. For negative, I’m going to contrast the top forward line with our third forward line. The line of Jaakola, Gold, and Bobby has not been able to find a rhythm. They were our only forward line that had a minus, with a -3. -2, and -2, respectively. While they haven’t been particularly bad, I think Montreal will need this line to step up their game just a little to win in the finals. I think these three just need a bit more time to adjust and get more comfortable playing together.

Code:
Task #2 - [Written Option] Create a Top 5 list of something to do with the playoffs (eg. top 5 weirdest things that have been poured into the Four Star Cup after a win, top 5 hilarious tweets during a certain game, top 5 goals your player scored, top 5 mascots you wish the two finals teams had instead of the current mascots, etc.) Requirements:  No specific word count, but each item in your list should be more than just one word.

Top 5 Individual Playoff Performances (based mostly on my personal bias)
#1 Anthony Archer with 27 hits in 7 games played. That is nearly 4 per game, and I love it.
#2 Bjorn Leppanen with 21 PIM in 5 games played. I hate this and I love this at the same time.
#3 Julien Villeneuve winning 63% of his faceoffs. My good buddy Adam with that face off strength.
#4 Tah Puhcheese as the only player with a hat trick. A big reason Kelowna is in the finals.
#5 Mike Hunt’s total performance. Hunt is absolutely the reason Montreal is in the finals.

Code:
Task #3 -  [Written Option]  Rank the teams in order of who you would most want to face in Finals to who you would least want to face. Explain why.  Requirements: Must include at least 150 words

Starting at the top with least.

Detroit Falcons - Detroit was scary in the regular season. They are definitely the team I was least looking forward to facing. I thought we would have a really hard time with them. Fortunately, it didn’t turn out that way.
Kelowna Knights - Kelowna was a close second behind Detroit. On top of being a team I was heavily involved with on my first player, they were also very good in the regular season. I also thought we would struggle with them, similar to Detroit
Halifax Raiders - I don’t know too much about Halifax, to be honest. They were better than us in the regular season, so they are more towards the “least like to face” end.
Vancouver Whalers - Vancouver is similar to Halifax. I wasn’t especially worried about them, but they were better than us in the regular season.
Lethbirdge Lions - Lethbridge concerned me a bit, because I knew they had a good number of rookies. A team like that can improve dramatically from the start of the season to playoffs.
Colorado Raptors - Colorado I wasn’t terribly concerned with. I would peg us as the favorite in any matchup from here on out.
St Louis Scarecrows - The Scarecrows didn’t seem particularly good this season. Wouldn’t have been too worried about playing them.
Anaheim Outlaws - Same as the Crows, wasn’t very worried about them.
Anchorage Armada - These last three teams are actually pretty much the same. Wouldn’t have been worried about them.

Code:
Task #4 - If you weren't playing for your current team, which team would you most like to be playing for in the playoffs.  Explain why you chose that team and how you think you'd slot into their roster.  Would your player make a big impact on the team?  Would you improve their chances of winning a cup?  Requirements:  Must include at least 150 words.

Absolutely my next choice would be Kelowna. I was a big part of that team for 6 seasons, and would enjoy going back there. I think adding another high level rookie to their roster could help quite a bit with their depth scoring. I don’t know where they’d put me, but I’d like it if they lined Lane up on Shepard’s wing. I think having two of the top rookies together like that could be great. As far as the impact, it’s always hard to say. Lane had a solid impact leading up to the finals, but a big part of that is the line he played on. New linemates make it hard to say what would happen. More depth scoring always helps, though. I hope that his presence would increase Kelowna’s chances of winning a cup. Again, it’s hard to say, but I don’t think adding my player would hurt their chances.

Code:
Task #5 -  [Written Option] Highlight any goalie matchup from any series in the playoffs. Requirements: Must include at least 150 words and 3 stats, either from playoffs or the regular season.

This has got to be Mike Hunt versus Alexander Thorstrom. The top two goalies in save percentage also happen to be the two goalies in the finals? Doesn’t seem like a coincidence to me. Both guys have played out standing to this point. Hunt with a 0.916 save percentage and a 2.33 goals against average. Thorstrom with a 0.911 save percentage and a 2.25 goals against average. Each has been critical to their team’s success. Looking at the numbers, it is really hard to say one is substantially better than the other. Hunt holds a slight edge in save percentage, but not so much that I’d say he’s clearly the better goalie. Kelowna’s defense has allowed fewer shots, so I think maybe that gives Thorstrom a slight edge, but I think it’s probably too close to call. It is really going to come down to which one of these guys shows up the biggest in the finals.

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!
(This post was last modified: 09-15-2019, 12:15 PM by Velevra.)

Task #1 -  
Unfortunately for the Lethbridge Lions, their playoff hopes came to an early end after a tough defeat in the semifinals to the Kelowna Knights. However, the Lions might have been eliminated sooner if it wasn’t for the performance of their second line of Eva Lykke Aparjode, Liam Hutchinson, and Luca Veccelli. The veteran Aparjode led the team in playoff points with 10, and Huthinson wasn’t far behind with 8 points but also contributing 21 hits. The rookie Veccelli only had 5 points but he led all Lions in terms of plus minus. A shame that this will be Aparjode and Hutchinson’s last season with the Lions. In terms of lines not having a great impact, the first line of Eykhil, Jazz, and Banananak left a lot to be desired. All members of the line were a minus rating and Hugh Jazz had the best performance of the trio with only 7 points in 11 games. If this line had been able to step up the Lions might still be in the playoffs.

Task #2 -
Top 5 ways to make the SMJHL Playoffs More Exciting

1. Let Michael Jordan aka Cameron Carter II play in it. Some SMJHL games are just flat out boring. Easy fix, no game can be boring when you have Cameron “MJ” Carter II in it.
2. Allow the Audience to vote on a new rule change for each game. Some fun rule changes could include having to play with your sticks turned over or without a jock strap!
3. Each roster must include a celebrity who has to play a minimum of 20 minutes. Who doesn’t want to see Justin Bieber suit up for the Montreal Militia in the finals
4. All Penalty Minutes must be served by sitting in the opposing team’s fan section. Straightforward why not let the fans get more involved by letting them get right in the face of the penalized opponents
5. Decide the Four Star Cup winner using a random arbitrary simulation robot. Why bother even playing the game, instead lets create a robot called Simonbot who can randomly chooses who wins!

Task #3 -
Team’s Akira Ren wants to play in the playoffs

1) Anaheim Outlaws: Akira has a lot of friends on Anaheim and he would love to beat them up in a playoff series!
2) Colorado Raptors: Akira has heard lots of good things about Colorado from the Smeb brothers who played there. He would want to experience exciting playoff hockey in Colorado
3) Anchorage Armada: #boatbois. Home of the legend Cameron Carter II. Akira Ren wants to worship in front of the giant Carter II statue in Anchorage for playoff success.
4) Vancouver Whalers: Sushi in North America isn’t good like Japanese sushi, but Ren hears that Vancouver has the best sushi in the SMJHL he must experience it before ever big playoff game.  
5) St. Louis Scarecrows: Lethbridge finished higher than them in regular season, Akira thinks they can beat this team as long as he doesn’t get scared too much.
6) Montreal Militia: Montreal has strong team that could take out Lethbridge, however Montreal also has very good poutine. This puts Akira in a dilemma on whether to play them or not.
7) Halifax Raiders: Halifax had a good regular season, and Raiders attack Akira’s village in Japan so he is frightened of them. However, he thinks Lions can band together to beat them
8) Detroit Falcons: Detroit was the best team in the SMJHL regular season, best to avoid.
9) Kelowna Knights: For some reason Akira has a really bad feeling about playing Kelowna, he feels like they would definitely beat them. He also has nightmares of Ryan Shepard deking around him.

Task #4 -
Obviously, Akira Ren would want to be playing in the finals for a chance to win the championship so he would have to decide between playing for the Kelowna Knights or the Montreal Impact. Both are good Canadian teams, but Kelowna brought great dishonor upon Ren and his family by not selecting him first overall. Thus, he would decide to join the Montreal Impact. Montreal is a team with a lot of great rookies on it that are in the same draft class as Ren. Akira would most likely slot in on the second pairing for the team alongside Padraig Sarantez. This would allow Zbigniew Pokrywka to drop down to the third pairing and give Montreal three very good defense pairings. Ren is a very good defensive player and is a good passer as well. With him adding additional depth to the team, the Impact would get even stronger and have a better chance of winning the cup!

Task #5 -
The playoff series between the Kelowna Knights and the Lethbridge Lions had a thrilling goalie matchup between two of the best goaltenders in the league! While the Knights would ultimately prevail, both goalies played very well! On the side of the Knights, veteran goalie Alexander Thorstrom played really well only allowing 13 goals in 6 games (2.2 goals per game). He also heads into the finals second in save percentage among all goalies (0.911) only trailing Montreal goalie Mike Hunt. On the side of the Lethbridge Lions, they elected to go with rookie Markus Tegernako. While he allowed a few more goals per game (2.7 goals per game) he also posted a very impressive shutout in game 4 of the series to prevent the Lions from being swept. Tegernako would finish the third round with a 0.907 save percentage which placed him third among all goalies.  Not bad at all for a rookie who split starts all regular season long. It will be really exciting to see both of these goalies face off versus each other again next season in the SMJHL!

[Image: 60354_s.gif  ]
[Image: 1yZYUXK.gif]
Sig Credits: Gorlab and Kylrad

Task #1: Carrying us to the finals is our powerhouse first line made up of Puhcheese, Guitierrez and Novotny. Putting up a combined total of 35 points in 12 playoff games (Pre finals), they led the way for Knights on every single night. The largest negative impact would have to go to the Knights 3rd line. Unfortunately, being any kind of minus is poor, especially when every game matters. Only registering 10 points as a unit while being -4 certainly did not help the cup run. Fortunately, the first line carried or made up for the lack of production of the third line, however, it would have been nice should the third line of Barbashev, Shepard and Eriksson were more consistent. There were times where the third line had bright spots, particularly in game winning goals, but unfortunately that is too inconsistent when the goals have a larger importance throughout the duration of a series.

Task #2: Top 5 Clubs’ B.C
Since the finals will be in Kelowna, the boys didn’t care so much for their on ice play, instead we focused on our game off the ice.
#1 The Roxy Cabaret: Great night out, usually has themed nights and Wet T-Shirt Wednesdays
#2 Bar None Nightclub: If you’re feeling international, this place is bumpin’, lots of salsa vibes and sexy wives
#3 Playhouse Nightclub: This is Sheppy’s personal favourite. There’s a reason it’s called Playhouse.
#4 The Fox Den: For all those “Foxy” ladies
#5 Sapphire Nightclub: Great VIP and bottle service. Boys usually come here after the loss as club owner Tony is our guy and gets us great views and booths.

Task #3:
1: Detroit: All season we’ve heard nothing bad about the Falcons other than toxic Merica on their roster. Wanted to take them out ourselves
2: Vancouver, Battle of B.C would have been epic and really intensify the long history and rivalry these teams have. Maybe can spark it back up again.
3: St Louis, Honestly, I’m not quite sure what it is, but I really dislike this teams team name and most often then not, a lot of players past and present dislike the Scarecrows too.
4: Halifax, I feel like an East vs West coast battle could be fun. Halifax usually has a strong team and would be highly competitive.
5: Lethbridge, Would have been cool to see the almost all rookie team make it. But, KEL had to get to the finals first so, sorry JNH.
6: Montreal, The Militia would have been higher on this list, but I heard they relocating and ruining all the history. Way to go. Steal the cup and run.
7: Colorado, tbh bring back the Mammoths then maybe would be a contender.
8-9: Anchorage and Anaheim, really is a toss up. Teams that I never knew before until this season. It’s whatever.

Task #4: If I wasn’t selected by Kelowna, I had some pretty good insight that I was either a) going to Halifax or b) Lethbridge. Both teams I have a history with due to current management/alum in their respective organizations. I think it would have been fun to be on Lethbridge given the amount of young talent and my boy JNH at the helm. He’s a great leader and I have never had a poor time during any of his tenures as manager. I think my player would get top 6 minutes in terms of ice time, probably would have had a better season then Kelowna only due to Kelowna’s depth. Given I am a rookie, I most likely would not have made an impact in the playoffs, but given more ice time, you never know. Oh what could have been @JNH ?

Task 5: 4SC Finals Thorstrom vs Hunt
Heading into the finals, Hunt has been the man. Only having 3 losses, with one of them coming in regulation says a lot about this Montreal team. He currently is posting a 2.33 GAA with 1 shutout in 11 games so far in these SMJHL playoffs He’s a big reason to why Montreal has gotten this far and overcame the powerhouse in Detroit that we heard so much of.
As for Kelowna, Thorstrom has been just as impressive posting a 0.911 SV% and 2.25 GAA and even a two minute minor for slashing since you don’t f**k with Thor. Thorstrom has been an animal in net and this series ultimately may come down to the goaltending by the end of it as both goalies are very versatile and skilled. I gave the edge to Thorstrom in this one, however obviously montreal ended up winning, however I do think Thor is the better goaltender and anyone with the name Mike Hunt just seems like a cocky person to begin with.

[Image: QhAQn2i.png]  [Image: yIvjn4j.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2019, 02:15 PM by puolivalmiste.)

Task #1
Clearly Vancouver best line was our first. Center Jan Zacha, Left Wing Artem Mozgov and Right Wing Bobby Bobcalf, they scored combined 11 points with Bobcalf scoring 3 goals and got 2 assists, Zacha finishing with 4 assists and Mozgov hitting team average of 2 points with one goal and assist. Zacha and Bobcalf had +1 and Mozgov at 0, while rest of the team below zero expect for Jean-Paul Boivin who was also +1 after our 4-1 series loss to Lions. Bobcalf was also our best player on powerplay. Rest of the team was on average pretty even so it is hard to pick anyone to have very negative impact. Our third defencive pair that had one season 51 rookie and low TPE IFA was not expected to do much and yet still Zlatan Ibrahimovic Jr. managed to score 2 assist during our 5 games but also took 10 minutes of penalties that was second highest on team, only behind Björn Leppänen's 21 minutes. Victor Toeman had -2 and no points, so hard to say they were bringing team down but they had least positive impact.

Task #2

Top 5 fastest penalties during first three rounds of playoffs, counting from start of first period:

5th - Game 83 - Montreal vs Halifax - Alexei Rykov (MTL) for Interference (Minor) at 0:53
4th - Game 77 - Detroit vs Anchorage - Darnell Johnson (ANC) for Holding (Minor) at 0:45
3rd - Game 87 - Montreal vs Detroit - Savoli Tankovic (DET) for Interference (Minor) at 0:27
2nd - Game 47 - Colorado vs Anchorage - Calogero Crudelli (COL) for High sticking (Minor) at 0:26
Tied 1st - Game 60 - Lethbridge vs Vancouver -  Boruvka Banananak (LBL) for Fighting (Major) at 0:18, Bjorn Leppanen (VAN) for Fighting (Major) at 0:18, Bjorn Leppanen (VAN) for instigated a fight (Game Misconduct) at 0:18

Task #3

Basing these mostly on mixing last regular season results with some of my own simming done with current playoff rosters. From who I would most like to face to who I would least like to face.

1 - Anchorage Armada – Doing well against them on my own sims and last place team of regular season should be relatively easy series, while we should not underestimate them.
2 - Colorado Raptors – Next one is 7th place of ending season who were not able to take down Armada and our record in sims vs them was 3-3-0 so not good or bad
3 – Halifax Raiders – Team that gave Cup winning Montreal their hardest series, finishing third last season but
cannot ignore that with these rosters went 5-0-0 vs them on my own sims.
4 – St. Louis Scarecrows – Taking down Anaheim in close series and giving Knight some challenge still ends them in lower half with them finishing 8th during regular and us having positive record on my own tests.
5 – Montreal Militia – This might seem crazy to want to take on Cup winners but my own test gave us almost as good record that we had versus Halifax and they were at 6th place after regular.
6 – Anaheim Outlaws – Somehow they seem to have our number even with their 9th place finish and first round exit as we can't find a single win versus them in my test sim.
7 - Kelowna Knights – Finishing second place in regular, runner up for cup and having very close games in my own tests.
8 – Lethbridge Lions – They beat us clearly showing they seem to counter us well, and going 1-5-0 in my test, just continues the same story line.
9 – Detroit Falcons – So ”unbeatable” Detroit Falcons who win most of my 400 game test seasons with higher margin between them and second place than from second to 8th or even 10th some times. SimonT wasn't favoring them but if we somehow would make it to finals I think these sims would be out of way and even with average luck Detroit would be hard to beat.

Task #4

Anaheim and Lethbridge kept taking players till the end of draft so maybe at some point me being enforcer would not have scared them away and more likely I would have ended up at Outlaws as their need for defensemen is higher as currently most of their defensemen are bellow 200 TPE and only one is at old cap of 350. So that in mind I would have been very likely playing in first pair of Outlaws or at least second if they want to play it bit safer and keep my penalty taking habits on better control. As Anaheim versus St.Louis was very close series where Outlaws lost 3 games with one goal margin, one on overtime, having me in defense pushing some lower TPE players further down in roster could have helped to turn one of those games around for them and sending them to next round. But even I cannot say that I would make so big impact that winning series versus Kelowna would have been very likely.

Task #5
I wanted to take a look at third round match-up between Detroit Falcons's Emiko Spector and Montreal Militia's Mike Hunt to see if that is where we can start looking for reason for Detroit's unexpected exit from playoffs. Both goalies had 11 games played and first thing you can notice is that difference in their save% is quite high, while Hunt has save percentage of 91.6 did Spector only have 87.5%. Hunt had 323 shots against and let in 27 goals resulting in 2.33 goals against average while Falcons defense was clearly better and Spector had to face only 264 shots but letting in six more goals for total of 33, having goals against average of 2.85. While both goalies had one shutout, Hunts save percentage was best of any goalie during play-offs. Looking at these stats it seems like Hunt was actually playing out of his mind and leading Montreal to win the series and eventually the four star cup, breaking Falcons offensive that looked like it was pretty unstoppable during regular season.

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

Task #1
The Colorado Raptors, one of the Teams with almost the full Team of Rookies played a solid Saison. A Saison that was marked as "a season for experiance". Ups and downs and at the end of the regular season, the 7th seed and the "wild card round" (lost 4 games to 3) to the Anchorage Armada.

The honor for the most impact on the playoffs is for the first line with Bo Kane, Calogero Crudelli and Emeka Valentine-Okoli. They played solid ice hockey in this first round. Combined 18 Points (nearli 50% of the Teams Goals in these 7 Games) - there had also all a positive +/-, so they also stay well in the defensive. The harmony in this line was great, the warmed up together, they sit together and they spend a lot of time together, so the three had a lot of energy. Sadly, the outcome of game seven was not a win.

Task #2
Top 5 PIM Players of each Position:
Right Wing: Liam Hutchinson (20min)
Left Wing: Aron Hernadivic (17 min)
Center: Rintarou Okabe (22 min)
Defender: Basil Magnicotta (28 min)
Goalkeeper: Alexander Thorstrom (2 min)

Task #3
Based on the Games during the Regular Saison i ranked my favorites to play against in the Playoffs

1. Anchorage Armada (won 3/4 games // 0.75%)
2. Detroit Falcons (won 3/5 games // 0.60%)
2. St Louis Scarecrows (won 3/5 games // 0.60%)
4. Montreal Militia (won 3/6 games // 0.50%)
4. Lethbridge Lions (won 2/4 games // 0.50%)
6. Kelowna Knights (won 2/5 games // 0.40%)
6. Vancouver Whalers (won 2/5 games 0.40%)
8. Halifax Raiders (won 2/7 games // 0.29%)
9. Anaheim Outlaws (won 1/7 games // 0.15%)

Task #4
i have to be honest, i wouldn't change my team, also if i could. The Raptors are not the best in the League, but they have a idea to improve the team an going forward. But if i have to choose one, i think it will be the Montreal Militia, not just because of the name, also for the chance to win the Four Star Cup this year. I think as a defender with scoring quality and a good defensive heart and solid defensive play i would fit in the first two line. Montreal has it's scorer as forwards, and the could need a blueliner in the power play, with a good shooting and scoring ability as i am. Also they need some better break-out passer, and also, i would be a good fit for Montreal. But as i say ... i will stay in my new home, Colorado. So, see you next year in the playoffs - Montreal.

Task #5
For the Task #5 i want to have a closer look at the match up between Anchorage's Ian Venables and my own Goalkeeper, from Colorado Knox Booth in the First Round of the Playoff. Record was 3-4 for the young Colorado Goalkeepper Booth. He had a great season, not always easy to handle all the shots behinde a sometimes unstable defensive. But so, he could gain some experiance. The Los against Venables was hard, both hat a great season (expect the results in the games) but for two teams at the end of the standings, theyr on fire and will improve and compete in the next season too. Booth with a 0.872 Save percentage and Venables with 0.899 are nearly at .9% so nearly at the top. 2.93 GAA for Venables, and 3.52 GAA for Booth are a bit hight, but a value, both have, and will improve the next season.

[Image: sBbbJmN.png]
Thank you @ToeDragon84
[Image: 431fb2-1569327124.png]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(This post was last modified: 09-21-2019, 12:32 PM by Samsung virtual assistant.)

Task #1 - [Written Option]  Which line combination is making/has made the biggest positive impact in for your team in the playoffs? Which is making/has made the biggest negative impact? Why?  Requirements: Must include at least 150 words.  [Graphics Option]  Create an infographic comparing your team's best line combo vs the worst line combo.  Requirements: Must include at least 3 stats.

If i had to pick one positive line it would have to be the second line made up of Luca Veccelli, Eva Lykke Aparjode and Liam Hutchinson. Liam lead the team in goals with 5, while Eva had 4 and Luca 2. Eva also had the most assists of the three with 6 apples. Luca and Liam both had 3. Liam was 2nd on the team in Hits, racking up 21, while his linemates got just over half of that if you put their numbers together. Liam even had 7 blocked shots.
Combined the line managed to scrape together 11 Goals, 12 Assist, 23 Points, 35 hits, 59 shots. They also had 24 Pims (10 of them being from Liams 2 fights, he won 1 of them.)

If i had to pick a negative, it would have to be the 4th line made up of Rintarou Okabe, Face of The Franchise and Indigo Trevino, though i don't think they did a particulary bad job, they're all rookies and gets hung out to dry a lot.
Combined the line only had 3 goals and 3 assist, putting them at 6 points in 11 games. Again, theyre rookies with minimum playtime, so i don't see it as particulary negative. They had 36 PIMs together, as a result of 4 fights. They all had at least one fight, with Okabe having 2. All 4 fights were ties, but i bet they all gave the team some energy. Their average playingtime were only just over 10 minutes per game. All in all i think they did fine, but if PT team wants us to talk shit about parts of the team i guess i have to because TPE is life.

Task #2 - [Written Option] Create a Top 5 list of something to do with the playoffs (eg. top 5 weirdest things that have been poured into the Four Star Cup after a win, top 5 hilarious tweets during a certain game, top 5 goals your player scored, top 5 mascots you wish the two finals teams had instead of the current mascots, etc.) Requirements:  No specific word count, but each item in your list should be more than just one word. [Graphics Option]  Create a graphics version of your list.

Game 5 of the SMJHL Finals

5. [Image: zAHmzyG.png]
4. [Image: f0lRzsC.png]
3. [Image: fbjDrLA.png]
2. [Image: FIxSUNM.png]
1. [Image: dUpEL2j.png]
(Imagine you actually lost to the Montreal militia.)

Task #3 -  [Written Option]  Rank the teams in order of who you would most want to face in Finals to who you would least want to face. Explain why.  Requirements: Must include at least 150 words  [Graphics Option] Create a poster advertising your team vs whoever you'd most like to face in finals.  Requirements: Must include two team names, two team logos, and at least one render from each team.

9 Detroit Falcons - lost 4 of the 5 games during the regular season, -14 in GD. We got destroyed, no thank you.
8 Kelowna Knights - lost 4 of the 5 games during the regular season, -10 in GD. We got destroyed, no thank you.
7 Anchorage Armada - 2 wins in 6 games during the regular season, -1 in GD. Close one, but no thank you.
6 Vancouver Whalers - 2 wins in 6 during the regular season, +2 in GD. Close one, but no thank you.
5 Anaheim Outlaws - 3 wins in 5 games games during the regular season, +2 in GD. Close one, might want.
4 Colorado Raptors - 3 wins in 5 games during the regular season, +4 in GD. Close one, might want.
3 Halifax Raiders - 3 wins in 6 games during the regular season, +3 in GD. Close one, might want.
2 St Louis Scarecrows - 4 wins in 6 games during the regular season, +3 in GD.  I'd feel confident against them.
1 Montreal Militia - 5 wins in 6 games during the regular season, +3 in GD. We would've won the cup if it werent for Kelowna. :(

Task #4 - If you weren't playing for your current team, which team would you most like to be playing for in the playoffs.  Explain why you chose that team and how you think you'd slot into their roster.  Would your player make a big impact on the team?  Would you improve their chances of winning a cup?  Requirements:  Must include at least 150 words.

I would probably want to play for the St Louis Scarecrows. They are the club i played for in last seasons playoffs and i feel like i let them down that season with my 155 TPE player. I feel like i could make a difference this season when im closing in on 300. That would put me as their 4th best Defenseman, slotting me into a 2nd defensive line. I had 9 points in 11 games, which i would say is pretty OK for a rookie defenseman. It put me in 5th in rookie scoring. It would also put me at 2nd on the team amongst defensemen, and tied for 3rd overall on the team, and that is not taking into account that i played 2 less games than them. Overall i would be a great upgrade offensively, defensively their current set-up was better though at first glance. Again though, they played 2 more games.  So perhaps if i had played for them they wouldn't have lost to Kelowna.

Task #5 -  [Written Option] Highlight any goalie matchup from any series in the playoffs. Requirements: Must include at least 150 words and 3 stats, either from playoffs or the regular season.  [Graphics Option] Create an infographic highlighting any goalie matchup from the playoffs.  Requirements: Must include 3 stats, either from playoffs or the regular season, plus both goalie renders and both team logos.

My matchup will be Vancouvers Kasperi Braulin against Lethbridges Markus Tegernako. We met each other in the 2nd round of the playoffs and even though Lethbridge ended up winning the series the goalie matchup seemed even, as only 2 of the 5 games had more than 1 goal separating the two teams.

Markus Tegernako

110 saves in 122 shots, giving him a 90.2 sv%. He also had 1 shutout. In game 4 he even had 1 assist Short Handed! Which i didnt notice until now. Anything over 90% is respectable in the SMJHL the last decade or so, so a solid performance to give his team the win in the series 4-1. However ofcourse it is a team sport so ofcourse his skaters helped, but he did hold his own very well.

Kasperi Braulin

84 saves in 101 shots, giving him a 83.2%. 0 shutouts, 0 assists, and was taken out of game 1 after allowing 4 goals in 15 shots. Shit happens. It was the first game of the series and maybe nerves played a big role in it, it happens in sport all the time so it's nothing to be ashamed of. Break down and build yourself up again buddy!

So yeah, Tagernako took this one by a mile, who knows next year it might be the other way around, the momentum in this sport changes all the time.

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

Task #1 - [Written Option]  Which line combination is making/has made the biggest positive impact in for your team in the playoffs? Which is making/has made the biggest negative impact? Why?  Requirements: Must include at least 150 words.  [Graphics Option]  Create an infographic comparing your team's best line combo vs the worst line combo.  Requirements: Must include at least 3 stats.

I think the line that has made the biggest contribution is our 1st defensive pairing of Kaspars Claude and Olin O’Dowd.  Kaspars, a late acquisition by the team, has really shown up for the playoffs and has been an early goal scorer or assister in almost every game that we played this post-season.  Olin O Dowd also contributes and was a monster in our last game. Running into the final series they were at a +/- of positive 5.  While O’Dowd himself wasn’t high on the points list, he did end our last game with 3 primary assists.  The two worked hard with a combined total of 18 hits and 26 shots going into that final round.  Late bloomers, but they really worked hard for the team.  It’s hard to pick a least effective line because it was probably my own.  Line 3 for the militia scored some goals, but mostly we got out there and played like a goon squad.  Heikki and I were always brawling the other team and I registered more hits in the playoffs than I did all season.  We really could have been more effective to help give a break to our other three lines that were performing excellently throughout the entire post season.

Task #2 - [Written Option] Create a Top 5 list of something to do with the playoffs (eg. top 5 weirdest things that have been poured into the Four Star Cup after a win, top 5 hilarious tweets during a certain game, top 5 goals your player scored, top 5 mascots you wish the two finals teams had instead of the current mascots, etc.) Requirements:  No specific word count, but each item in your list should be more than just one word. [Graphics Option]  Create a graphics version of your list.

Top 5 Post Game Team Bonding Moments
  1. Dancing to Katy Perry between games to hype the team
  2. Fight Cl….. I mean extreme hand foot coordination training
  3. Bringing in Food from Phineas’s Kitchen after each game
  4. Marching like Militia after big wins in the locker room
  5. High Fiving our Cardboard Cutout of an outline person that says Captain

Task #3 -  [Written Option]  Rank the teams in order of who you would most want to face in Finals to who you would least want to face. Explain why.  Requirements: Must include at least 150 words  [Graphics Option] Create a poster advertising your team vs whoever you'd most like to face in finals.  Requirements: Must include two team names, two team logos, and at least one render from each team.

1. Anaheim – My rival Ivan Maximus is on this team and I always want an excuse to stare him down from the other side of the ice so that we can both flourish in glorious combat. I had a lot of fun looking forward to our regular season matchups because of this.  Even if he broke out as a player by getting first line center minutes while I played 4 line forward.  It would have been a great rivalry moment
  2. Kelowna – Naosu was on this team and I wanted to face the man in a long grind out.  #1 Draft pick means that he had a lot of people looking at him.  Take him down and I might just improve my own draft stock and give me some ammunition for media articles.
  3. Halifax – They stole our position late in the season.  Rumors were that their LR talked about gunning for our position early on and when they took it I wanted revenge.  It was a great 7 game series, but I wish it was the finals where we met.
  4. Vancouver- I just like the Whalers as a logo.  It has nostalgia from since I am from Connecticut.  I would like to see them do well, but not beat my team.
  5. Anchorage – Next season, this team will be the most fun for us to face as a Kraken always wants to sink a ship. 
  6. St Louis – A former powerhouse team.  They fell on my list because I think they need another season to build up and be truly fun in competition.  They have a lot going for them and I think we’ll see some good things in the future.
  7. Colorado – Raptors are smart and dangerous.  I don’t want to face those.
  8. Detroit – Stacked team.  Would be a nail biter.  We beat them to advance, but I definitely wouldn’t wish that battle on anyone.
  9. Lethbridge – They loom in our minds like an unconquerable opponent.  Even when we beat them it felt like we lost for some reason.  Truly our nemesis as the other rookie studded team.  Would have been a great finals, but I bet we would have lost.

Task #4 - If you weren't playing for your current team, which team would you most like to be playing for in the playoffs.  Explain why you chose that team and how you think you'd slot into their roster.  Would your player make a big impact on the team?  Would you improve their chances of winning a cup?  Requirements:  Must include at least 150 words.  

I would probably want to play for the Whalers if I wasn’t on my current team.  As I said before, the Whalers hold a special place in my heart as being the team that used to be from my state. I love seeing that they are a team in the SMJHL.   They area also in the middle of a rebuild which they signaled by trading off a lot of their older, key assets.  One of the reason why I loved being part of the Militia is that experience that everything is new and that anyone has a chance to play anywhere.  I would love to get 1st line forward minutes to see how my player progresses as a winger.  Would let me see the full potential of Phineas.  I think my player would make a big impact as he would be a shooting forward who would have developed quickly.  Being able to snag a top line as well as being active in the LR would have been a good experience.  I also have nothing negative to say about any of their players.  I would like to think I would have improved or would improve their chances to winning a cup as Phineas shows up to play physically and score goals when he is needed most. 

Task #5 -  [Written Option] Highlight any goalie matchup from any series in the playoffs. Requirements: Must include at least 150 words and 3 stats, either from playoffs or the regular season.  [Graphics Option] Create an infographic highlighting any goalie matchup from the playoffs.  Requirements: Must include 3 stats, either from playoffs or the regular season, plus both goalie renders and both team logos.

I want to highlight the matchup between Mike Hunt and Emiko Spector, the two of the strongest goalies of the regular season.  In the regular season Mike Hunt posted a .899 while Spector posted .893. Emiko had a great team in front of him and our series was extremely close. Three out five of our games went to overtime as both of the team’s goalies were giving it their all.   I think what gives Mike the edge in this competition was that Emiko only faced 147 shots from the Militia to Mike’s 162.  Yet the Militia scored on 19 of those shots to the Falcons 13 goals.  That puts Emiko at a .870 SV% for this series to Mike’s .920 SV%.  Mike consistently excelled between the poles in all of our series while Emiko fell behind his season average.  Mike Hunt was my vote for MVP of the season because his performance was what truly kept our team in the game.  He consistently maintained a high SV% in all our games in the post-season including one shut-out.  This series was really between the falcons and the immovable wall, Mike Hunt.

[Image: seamus.png]

Credit to Vulfzilla for the awesome render pic
[Image: gXlAFBa.png]|| [Image: 8CbZQAJ.png]

Task #1 - [Written Option] Which line combination is making/has made the biggest positive impact in for your team in the playoffs? Which is making/has made the biggest negative impact? Why? Requirements: Must include at least 150 words. [Graphics Option] Create an infographic comparing your team's best line combo vs the worst line combo. Requirements: Must include at least 3 stats.

As a member of the St. Louis Scarecrows, there is one clear and obvious answer as to which line made the biggest impact in the playoffs, and thats the Crows top line of Muller, Kandinsky, and Blackwood. This line was dominant in the regular season, with Muller likely taking home his second mvp award in two years, and Kandinsky and Blackwood averaging almost a point a game. This line continued their strong play, putting up a combined 30 points in the crows short playoff run, while being a -3 and playing more than 20 minutes a game. The worst line was the Crows third line of Hernadivic, Strudwick, and Dangelchek. These guys only had 8 points, were a -2, and overall were outplayed in each series. This line couldn't respond after a poor regular season, and should've maybe played less to minimize their impact. Continued development from Strudwick and Dangelchek would help Hernadivic and the team out next season for sure (160ish words).

Task #2 - [Written Option] Create a Top 5 list of something to do with the playoffs (eg. top 5 weirdest things that have been poured into the Four Star Cup after a win, top 5 hilarious tweets during a certain game, top 5 goals your player scored, top 5 mascots you wish the two finals teams had instead of the current mascots, etc.) Requirements: No specific word count, but each item in your list should be more than just one word. [Graphics Option] Create a graphics version of your list.

Top 5 Countries the Cup Will Visit
5. USA - Cup is pretty much here all the time anyways, who cares
4. Finland - Honestly, same as the USA except Finland has better vodka and less guns
3. Austria - Have you ever been to vienna? me neither but ive heard its pretty - the cup would love it
2. Poland - How many players win the cup from Poland? I got no idea but im sure its not too many
1. Ireland - You just know the party Montreal's O'Dowd will have back home in Ireland will be unmatched

Task #3 - [Written Option] Rank the teams in order of who you would most want to face in Finals to who you would least want to face. Explain why. Requirements: Must include at least 150 words [Graphics Option] Create a poster advertising your team vs whoever you'd most like to face in finals. Requirements: Must include two team names, two team logos, and at least one render from each team.

7. Anaheim - They're just kind of whatever
6. Lethbridge - that logo is kinda meh and alberta is something else
5. Kelowna - knockoff london knights? no thx
4. Colorado - great color scheme but toronto already has the raptors name on lock. thank u, next.
3. vancouver - vancouver is gorgeous, but that color scheme and nickname aren't original at all
2. carolina - honestly, seeing how pumpoed the city would be playing for the cup and seeing all their faces of misery when the Crows win would be great
1. detroit - main rivals, most satisfying finals win would be against the falcons, yep theyre number 1.

Task #4 - If you weren't playing for your current team, which team would you most like to be playing for in the playoffs. Explain why you chose that team and how you think you'd slot into their roster. Would your player make a big impact on the team? Would you improve their chances of winning a cup? Requirements: Must include at least 150 words.

If I wasn't a third line grinder on the Crows, I think I would've liked to have been playing for Colorado. The raptors had a tough season but with Knox Booth in net, a solid capped out top line with Bo kane and others, and some good rookies, i think hernadivic would've fit in and would've been able to contribute at a much higher rate than he did with the crows. Hernadivic would've probably played on the third line with stud rookie Atreides, and I think having a similar TPE earning rookie would've helped both of us produce at a much higher rate. Also, a blue and gold color scheme is the goat color scheme, nothing looks better, so flying around in those colors would've helped big time. 140ish

Task #5 - [Written Option] Highlight any goalie matchup from any series in the playoffs. Requirements: Must include at least 150 words and 3 stats, either from playoffs or the regular season. [Graphics Option] Create an infographic highlighting any goalie matchup from the playoffs. Requirements: Must include 3 stats, either from playoffs or the regular season, plus both goalie renders and both team logos.

The goalie matchup I want to highlight is from the first round of the playoffs, a battle between the Anaheim Outlaws and the St. Louis Scarecrows that saw the Crows come back from a 3-2 defecit in the series, win Game 6 in overtime, and squeak out Game 7 on home ice to advance. In this series. St. Louis stated rookie goalie Shiqa Vitalievich, while Anaheim responded with cappe out veteran netminder Patrick Niederreiter. Suprisingly enough, throughout the regular season, Vitalievich actually outplayyed Niedereiter quite consistently. Shiqa had a 0.881 save percentage, and a 3.05 goals against average, ranking him 6th and 7th out of all starting goalies, whereas Niederreiter struggled to a 0.875 save percentage and a 3.15 goals against average. The first few games of the series saw Niederreiter outplay Shiqa, allowing Anaheim to take a 3-2 series lead. Through 5 games, Niederreiter had played well, winning first star of the game in game 2, where he made 38/40 saves. Shiqa responded by playing his best in elimination games, winning first star in game 6. In game 7, Shiqa again outplayed Patrick, and the crows advanced in 7 games.

[Image: fishyshl.gif]
Thanks to everybody for the sigs :peepoheart:

[Image: czechpp.png][Image: czechup.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-17-2019, 07:04 AM by golden_apricot. Edit Reason: format sucked when copied from word sorry jenny )

1. The largest impact on the team was made not by a line combination but the combination of players between the pipes. Our team gave up a lot of shots no matter what line was on the ice. There were games where we won, despite giving up 40+ shots and out netminders had over 35 saves in all of those games. In terms of the negative impact, it has to be my defensive pair, where we too multiple penalties that resulted in goals for the opposition. On a personal note (since that’s what I actually try follow since line mate is IA) I had 8 PIMS in the 13 games we played, which is far more than the 12 in 50 I had in the regular season. If it were not for some of these penalties at crucial moments in games, the team would have been in a much better position to wing games and advance.

2. Top 5 places where I could have been better
1. Discipline- why is this not something we can directly improve???? Took too many penalties
2. Passing- team needed more goals and I needed more assists
3. Shooting- I had 2 shots in 13 games played this post season. That’s bad
4. Scoring- 2 shots, 0 goals- probably goes with number 4
5. Checking- need to be able to take the body more for the role I wish to play.

3. For my ranking of teams I would have liked to see in the finals I am using the regular season head to head wins metric to see who we match up best against.
1. Anaheim- 5 games 3 wins this seems like an easy one, only team we had a winning record against so we matched up well in all likelihood.
2. Lethbridge- 6 games 3 wins 1 OTW same as above but this time only team we went 50/50 with.
3. Montreal- 5 games 2 wins- 40% win percentage, not bad
4. Halifax- 6 games 2 wins 1 OTW 1 OTL
5. Kelowna 6 games 1 win- see all the ones below, not good
6. Colorado 5 games 1 win- ya only 1 win not too good for us
7. Vancover 6 games 1 win- history bad here
8. Detroit- 1 win 1 OTL- didn’t play well against them at all
9. St Louis- 0 Wins- ya there it is

4. If I didn’t play for the Armada I would likely play for the Raptors, since Im a big fan of their management. Now they were not that strong this season just like us, but they seem like a cool group similar to the LR that I am in now. They were looking for a rookie d man in the draft so I would be able to slot into their lineup somewhat well. They seem to have a bunch of IA defensemen so I would probably be playing second line minutes for them and having a good time. Jenny, Im a rookie defensive defenseman, I am not making a large impact on any team. Colorado struggled all season to put things together, finishing 7th in the standings, would I be able to help their chances for a cup? Yes. Would I be enough to get them over the hump? Probably not. Like most teams Colorado needs a bit more than just one rookie.

5. The matchup im going to look at is the second round matchup between Spector and “Budgie” in the series between Anchorage and Detroit. Game 1 Budgie got the loss but made 37 saves on 42 shots for a 0.881 save percentage so he won that game. Game two Spector had a save percentage over 0.900 and won so that’s his win. Game three Venables has 32 saves on 35 shots to win an OT classic. Game 4 Venables had >0.950 save percentage so easy win there for him. Game 5 and 6 both went to Spector with his combined GAA of <0.50 and a shutout in game 5.

Task #1

Without a doubt, the biggest positive impact for the St. Louis Scarecrows came from our top line of Kandinsky, Muller, and Blackwood. Although bounced in the second round, Muller still came in 2nd in playoff scoring, while Blackwood was top 5 in goals. The boys combined for 30 points in the two rounds the 'Crows played. They really drove play when they were on the ice, and were instrumental in many scoring chances. They dominated opposing defenses regularly. Unfortunately, the most negative impact came from the line of Strudwick, Hernadivic, and Dangelchek. Although Hernadivic put up a valiant effort, Dangelchek and Strudwick could not find the score sheet. Dangelchek continued his woeful regular season performance, and should probably be bumped down to the 4th line if improvement isn't imminent. The line combined for 8 points - with Hernadivic getting 4 of those - and 48 PIMs. Although Hernadivic does not deserve blame, it was not a good playoff campaign for the third line.
161 words

Task #2

Top 5 S49 Playoff Goal Celebrations
5. The "Mike Eruzione" - Mika Kandinsky, quite ironically as he is Russian
4. The Butt Slide - James Ronlain, pretty self explanatory, although Ronlain got almost to the red line on his slide
3. The Freestyle Swimmer - Lyle Odelein III, he should be challenging Michael Phelps for his records soon
2. Shooting the Glove - Aron Hernadivic, he did Teemu proud
1. The Championship Belt - Nicolaj Muller, reminding everyone who holds that regular season scoring title

Task #3

9. Anchorage - wouldn't mind facing them, they had a fairly weak regular season...no offense as we weren't much better
8. Detroit - Tougher matchup, but who doesn't love a good rivalry? The arena would be rockin' and the fists would be flyin'
7. Anaheim - Pretty decent match overall, had a long series in the playoffs but could probably beat them again
6. Lethbridge - Honestly, didn't pay much attention to them, so they can go right in the middle here
5. Colorado - Similar situation to Lethbridge, but I think Raptors is a cooler mascot, also had some high scoring forwards
4. Vancouver -  Decent regular season, could be a bloodbath, good to see the Whale getting some love
3. Halifax - Better regular season than Vancouver although I don't know much about the team
2. Kelowna - Good season, beat us in the playoffs, wouldn't want to play them again
1. Montreal/Carolina - new look, new location, defending champs...no thanks
155 words

Task #4

If I wasn't playing for the 'Crows (god forbid), I'd probably want to play for Vancouver. The city loves their hockey and by all accounts, it's a beautiful place to live. They had some snipers on their first and second lines - led by Cullen Gray - and seemed to be a well-balanced team. Although they lost in the second round, they put up a good fight and ended up falling to the Lethbridge Lions. I also love the Whaler branding, as it's one of the classic NHL team name and logos. I feel that I could slot well into their forward lineup, as they had some players pulling double duty. I also know one or two of the players from the Czechia team, so there would be some camaraderie to begin with. The jury is out on how much impact I would have on a cup run, however. Sasha Dangelchek just wasn't that great this season, but he would be more than just a warm body out there. I'd like to think that some impact could be made.
177 Words

Task #5

I have to go with what I know, so I'd like to highlight the matchup between Shiqa Vitalievich and Patrick Niederrieter in the first round between St. Louis and Anaheim. This series went to 7 games, with plenty of high-scoring games. Patrick had a .888 SV% in the first round, to go with a 2.95 GAA. These aren't spectacular numbers. Shiqa had a .900 SV% along with a 3.10 GAA, which, although better, still isn't spectacular. It was an interesting matchup mostly because these numbers were lower than average. High-scoring hockey is fun hockey, right? Shiqa actually improved his SV% from a .881 regular season mark. To be fair to both goalies, they were absolutely peppered with shots. Patrick faced 188 shots in the series, while Shiqa faced a truly astounding 380. Both of these men were forced to stand on their heads at times to make the crucial save, and they did more often than not. Interestingly enough, even though St. Louis won the series, Shiqa allowed 112 goals to Patrick's 99. The disparity in SV% comes from the huge difference in shot totals. All in all, both of these goalies played well for a high-scoring series. They certainly helped to make it exciting.
205 Words

[Image: danglechek.png]

Task #1

The pairing that's been having the most positive impact on our team has surely been our captain Delver Fudgeson with rookie standout Akira Ren. They've been on the ice their fair share, and not only are they able to contain the opposition's best lines, they chip in offensively. Their impact on our defensive prowesses in these playoffs is undeniable. On the opposite side, it seems that our secondary scoring has fallen off a cliff at the wrong moment. While it may not be entirely their fault, as the lines have changed dramatically in the past few weeks, it seems the chemistry has not yet been up to par, as both the third and fourth line have struggled to get anything going. Seeing as most of them are rookies, I guess it's to be expected - the pressure is on, and not everyone answers it the same way.

Task #2

Top 5 Playoff Superstitions To Try For Your Next Cup Run

5. Taping your sticks thrice to ensure maximum adherance.
4. Upkeeping your playoff sideburns (beards are so 2017).
3. Have a diet consisting exclusively of Don Cherry's patented Salmon Sandwich.
2. Have your goalie say "HERE WE GO BOYS" 17 times during pre-game warmups. 17 times, no more, no less.
1. Never touch the blue lines, even during the games. Keep those strides long and gracious.

Task #3

1. Anaheim Outlaws - An all-expansion final would be awesome, I'd get to play with and against many Swiss teammates, and we match up very well against them.
2. Montreal Militia - We beat them pretty handily during the regular season, and both teams have a high number of rookies. Would be sort of like a combine.
3. Anchorage Armada - Started from the bottom, now they here. It would be pretty epic. Plus, a rookie goalie showdown.
4. Detroit Falcons - Facing off against the regular season champions would be neat, and it would allow me to showcase how good I can be against an offensive powerhouse.
5. St. Louis Scarecrows - Our games were always very tight, and our best Swiss prospect is in their line-up.
6. Halifax Raiders - I like their logo better. They looked like they were going to catch up to Detroit and Kelowna for a bit, so they're a tough opponent.
7. Colorado Raptors - I just... don't know them very well. I don't have an argument for or against. They just... are.
8. Kelowna Knights - They've had our number this year, but we beat them in our last game against one another. They seem to be our kryptonite.
9. Vancouver Whalers - It just couldn't happen, since we were positions 4 and 5. Which is a shame, because they are our geographical rivals, and I feel like it would be very close.

Task #4

This is a really tough question to answer! Since they were second on my shortlist coming into free agency this season, I would have to go with the Anaheim Outlaws. Their line-up had its fair share of rookies, but also solid vets - it would have been a good place to learn the ropes. Not only that, but Lallo Selman and Ursin Zimmerman were also there, and I had met them in the Switzerland camp. Plus, under the guidance of Patrick Niederreiter, who many see as a potential candidate for the WJHC MVP, it may have been a good learning experience. However, it's difficult to say that I could have contributed more to any team, because of their already established goalies. The only other team that had a rookie goalie was Anchorage, and I wouldn't want to steal Ian Venables' spot - he deserved it!

Task #5

I'll be a bit egotistical, and talk about my experience playing against Kelowna's Alexander Thorstrom in the semis. I feel like it truly was a goalie duel from the get-go, even if the Knights had the advantage at the end of the series. If we're only looking at stats for that specific series, Thorstrom ended up with a 0.907 Sv% and a 2.17 GAA, while Tegernako (myself) finished with a 0.911 Sv% and a 2.67 GAA - earning a shutout in the process in game #4! The series was very evenly played, and with a few bounces here and there, we could have seen a different outcome. However, I will say that Thorstrom and the Knights have entirely earned their place in the Four Star Cup Final, because goalies can win you series, and I feel that no matter which way it would've gone, both teams were proud of their netminders.

[Image: KlusteR.gif]

Chiefs Monarchs Lions Berserkers Switzerland Blizzard pride Panthers Grizzlies

[Image: EePsAwN.png]    [Image: e0LuHwa.png]    [Image: eaex9S1.png]

Special thanks to @Carpy48, @Chevy, @Turd Ferguson, @fever95 and @enigmatic for the signatures!

09-13-2019, 07:16 PMImASurvivor Wrote: 1 - An Orange Squid, leading to some awkward eye contact between members of the Militia Front Office

Absolute peak tier comment

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

1. The line that performed the best for the Lions during the playoffs was probably Cant Eykhi, Hugh Jazz, and Boruvka Banananak. This line absolutely tore up Vancouver with goals in nearly every game that series. However, it was live by the first line, die by the first line for the Lions in the playoffs as the production of the first line nearly completely evaporated in the series against Kelowna which contributed to the Lions getting bounced in 6. A special mention in terms of groups that hurt the Lions in the playoffs, the pair of Jakob Hamr and Jack Wilson went noticeably silent during most of the playoffs. Wilson looked red hot coming off the end of the season with a long scoring streak and recording 9 assists in the last week of the season, he only finished with 3 points in the entire playoffs. Hamr was hit with a brutal game misconduct which put the Lions behind the 8 ball and contributed to his 22 PIM to go with his -3 rating and 1 point.

2. Top 5 player nicknames of the playoffs for Lethbridge
5. Liam Hutchinson- "Punching bag"
4. Markus Tegernako- "Build that wall"
3. Cant Eykhil- "Can't stop hitting"
2. Hugh Jazz- "Play that sweet music"
1. Boruvka Banananak- "There's always money in the banana stand"

1. (team I'd most want to face) Anchorage- Anchorage looked at times during the season like they were gonna put it together and at least make a stab at the playoffs but the armada could never get past their struggles, mainly their almost entire core of rookie RW
2. Anaheim- This pick is more because they have so many rookies than they were low on the standing, Anaheim could be a very dangerous team next year but as it stands right now they are too inexperienced
3. Vancouver- For some reason I was just never in love with this team, they came out of the gate hot but kinda stumbled down the stretch and didn't look like a threat.
4. St. Louis- The defense, it's awful. They tried to score enough goals to make up for it but when you are giving up 4 goals a game I like my chances against you
5. Colorado- I have no feeling on this team, nothing positive, nothing negative, maybe that means they should be middle of the road
6. Halifax- This team should be up in the top tier with the rest but they seem to crack under pressure in OT
7. Montreal- A solid team with solid players and management all around
8. Detriot- This team led the league all season and it's no wonder why they score an ungodly amount of goals. Opposing goalies beware of the number of shots these guys take.
9. Kelowna- They just seemed to have our number this year when we played them, the could be 2 and Detriot one but they've earned my respect

4. I think if I were to play for a new team I think it would likely be St. Louis. I have no disrespect for any of the guys on the blue line in St. Louis, I talked to Flash Gordon at the draft and he seemed like a super nice guy. But man was the defense bad during the regular season. I think they could use a mix up there, I know that I am just a rookie working through his first year in the SMJHL but I really think I could have contributed to that back end. Looking at their players they all have decent defense attributes but some of their secondaries are lacking. It is possible I am just overthinking it though, I don't know what went on in their dressing room over the season, maybe me coming in could have given a shakeup that would have jump-started them. I think a large part of St. Louis's problem was their PK. They were dead last during the season on the kill and it is kinda confusing as to why they are mostly veteran guys for the most part who should know how to deal with different strategies, maybe it all comes down to coaching.

5. For me, I think the goalie matchup I would most like to see is Mike Hunt of Montreal and Markus Tegernako of Lethbridge. Obviously this pick is a little biased because I think that Markus is gonna be a top SHL goalie one day but I really would love to see these guys go at it. They are kind of on different ends of the spectrum, Markus can be a very streaky goalie at times, he can give up 7 goals a game (also partly due to terrible defense...points at self) and then he can stonewall 50 shots the next game. Hunt, on the other hand, has been steady in net for the Militia, helping keep them afloat during some of the more challenging parts of the season, and being their shining star when they were hot. These are two teams filled with rookies that have little experience, Lethbridge especially. I would love to see if Lethbridge could ride a hot hand from Tegernako to a series win or if the calming presence of Hunt in net would pull Montreal through.

[Image: 4bGW0Vw.png]