Create Account

S49 SMJHL Championship Week

Task #1

By far our best line this playoffs was our first, consisting of Jan Zacha, Artem Mozgov, and Bobby Bobcalf. Each averaging around 21 minutes per game, they were one of the only lines that managed to produce points for the boys, while also managing to be the only line that stayed positive, with a +1, 0, and +1 respectively.

Possibly the worst line we put out there was mine own, the third. I seem to remember spending an entire game, just kinda skating. I think I shot like 2 times maybe and had a hit? But other than that, I was just kinda there. Weiser did what he does best, winning faceoffs and then doing nothing else for the rest of the game, bless his heart. Our only saving grace was the legend himself, Cullen Gray, who managed to seize himself 3 assists, but unfortunately, his back wasn't strong enough to carry us across the finish line like he did for the regular season.

Task #2

Top 5 Events in our one and only playoff series

#1: Francois Breton scoring on the powerplay. As a defenseman.
#2: Bjorn Leppanen getting ejected from the game in the first 18 seconds for instigating a fight, while he himself had possession of the puck.
#3: JPB picking a fight with a man much larger than him and getting his shit pushed in. What were you thinking?
#4: dmills messing up and accidentally submitting a roster without the intended line changes.
#5: The friends we made along the way.

Task #3

#1 Anchorage Armada. In our current state, probably the team we have the best chance against.
#2 Lethbridge Lions. No disrespect to the Lions, I'm a firm believer that Lethbridge 4-1ing the Whalers is a huge fluke and robs the Whalers of truly accomplishing what their capable of. I've spent the last few days in pure disbelief and it just doesn't make sense to me. I've spent the entire regular season watching the Whalers play great hockey it's just not fair. If the Whalers lose again I will face that the Lions deserved the win, but I am just 100% sure it was a fluke and does a big disservice to Vancouver and the SMJHL.
#3 - #6 I don’t feel any real positive or negative emotions towards St. Louis, Colorado, Anaheim, or Detroit, nor did I pay any real attention to their positions in the standings as we got knocked out very early, so it’s fairly difficult to rate any of these teams.
#7 Kelowna Knights. Ohlsson seems to have a huge crush on that Ryan Shepard dude, so I would hate to have to crush him in front of Marcus.
#8 & #9 A tie between the Halifax Raiders and Montreal Militia. Maybe if they had done poorly, there would be a larger chance of Jon and Klaude coming back ):

Task #4
If I didn’t end up on Vancouver, I probably would have hoped to end up on Montreal. I don’t know too much about them, but when I first was entering the SMJHL, they were the team I had most wanted to join, if nothing more than a desire to be in Canada, but also near the east coast. If I had made it onto their team, considering how well they did in the playoffs, I would have hoped to do well. I could see myself sliding into a spot on the 4th line, possibly the 3rd if I did well enough. Considering 2 of Montreal’s players have managed to make it into the top 3 for goal scoring this past season, with my current pass-first mentality, I think I would have managed to do a good amount of work on the team. Considering the team won the cup on their own, while I can say I would have hoped to improve their chances, they were obviously good enough on their own.

Task #5

[Image: a7leg1V.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2019, 11:12 AM by ByrdeMan.)

Task #1

Picking the best line combination for the Lethbridge Lions isn't an easy task. They played great in the playoffs even though they didn't go deep. However, my pick would be the defensive pairing of Cal Clucker and Disisde Dayudie. Together they played solid minutes and as a rookie pairing you couldn't ask for much more. Both played stellar on both sides of the ice, Dayudie even placed top 3 in the team for points which is absolutely spectacular for a rookie.

With that being said, Lethbridge did have a line that stood out as the worse line on the team. That line being their very first line, of which contained, Eykhil-Jazz-Banananak. They did play well together but for a top line you do expect those three to lead the team in points. This did not happen and the team suffered because they relied on these three to put up important minutes. If only they would have switched it up a bit they might've went a bit deeper.
[167 words]

Task #2
Top 5 songs used during Lethbridge Pre-warmups during playoffs.
1. YMCA - Village People
2. Kelsea Ballerini - Better Luck Next Time
3. Tom Jones - Whats New Pussycat
4. Witch Doctor - Ooh Eeh Ooh Ah Aah Ting Tang Walla Walla Bing Bang
5. Buddy Wasisname - The Pits

Task #3
[Ranked from most to least]
1. Anaheim Outlaws - The reasoning behind me picking the Anaheim Outlaws is simple. Both teams entered the league together, a great story to have both franchises to compete in the finals together.
2. Detroit Falcons - Some fierce competition, both players and goalies would definitely feel the aftermath of this series. Fans would be in for a surprise.
3. Anchorage Armada - Another team with some great talent on their team. The Armada-Lions matchup would be one for the ages, too bad it didn't turn out that way.
4. Kelowna Knights - We saw the amazing series these two had when they faced off. It didn't happen during the finals but boy it sure did feel like it.
5. St. Louis Scarecrows - Crows have a great legacy, so facing them in the finals would be a great honor.
6. Montreal Militia - Still salty about the rebrand to Militia from Impact all those seasons ago.
7. Halifax Raiders - Also salty about this logo change. I really liked the original much more.
8. Vancouver Whalers - Whalers are a great team, I don't know why their so low, they just are.
9. Colorado Raptors - I rather not even comment why Raptors are last.
[197 words]

[Image: 336.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 09-19-2019, 09:19 AM by Henrik.)

Task #1 -

The best line for the Colorado Raptors in their short stint in the play-offs this season was without a doubt their first line, consisting of Calogero Crudelli, Bo Kane and Emeka Valentine-Okoli. Arguably one of the best lines in the SMJHL this season, together they stood for almost a third of the teams scoring in their 7 game off-season with 7 goals and 11 assists. They also provided a surprising physical presence (Crudelli 11 hits, Valentine-Okoli 11 hits, Kane 6 hits) and proving that the veterans were all ready to step up the intensity of their game, this was definitely a surprise as none of these players showed an overly physical edge during the regular season. The biggest disappointment was the likely the second line, consisting of Coitus-Wagg, Urawa and Lekberg Osterman. They managed to put up 9 points together, the same amount of points that the 3rd line did and only two more points than the 4th line while playing the same amount of minutes as the 3rd and 4th line combined (30% vs 21% and 9% of minutes respectively). They were definitely hoping for more from their second line and considering how close the series was, that line can probably take most of the blame for not pulling together for the team.

Task #2 -

Top 5 Playoff moustaches
1. Ricky Bobby of the Montreal Militia
2. Roar, the mascot of the Colorado Raptors
3. Jack Wilson’s Girlfriend
4. The gentleman seated right behind the home bench for game 3 of the finals.
5. Esa Parmborg of the Halifax Raiders

Task #3 -  

MONTREAL - We’ll start from the bottom and work our way up to the team I would like to face least of all. The Montreal Militia are last on our list because we all know that if the winners of the cup were to lose to anyone it would be a team that got knocked out in the first round.
KELWONA - For the same reasons as previously mentioned, I would rank the Knights as one of the teams I would most like to face in the finals.
VANCOUVER - Everyone knows that in a fight to the death a Raptor could mop the floor with a whaler. So bring it Vancouver, we would have crushed you.
DETROIT - Falcon are just modern, less teethy versions of raptors. An easy win for us if we would have faced eachother in the play-offs.
ANAHEIM - Crime never pays. SONK..! Cya later Outlaws. You just got crushed by the boys in blue.
HALIFAX - I’m not sure why but I’ve always been a little scared of the Raiders lineup. If I recall correctly, we didn’t have a particularly successful season against them either. Stay away Halifax!
LETHBRIDGE - Lethbridge had two of Japan’s best prospects in Ren and Dayudie. As a Sweden, I am naturally terrified on the Japanese. Expect for @uhh Hariken Urawa. He’s alright. Proof that the Swedes are terrified of the Japanese : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOUU2ZsPBao
ST LOUIS - They won the Stanley Cup last season. The city has got to be buzzing right now. Scary place to play. Plus they are SCAREcrows. That's terrifying.
ANCHORAGE - They beat us in 7. We would have won it all if it wasn't for those meddling boats!
The team I would be most afraid to face in the finals is, obviously, ourselves. Not only would it be terrifying but also an impossibly strange game. Every move would be known by the opposition before you even made it and vice versa.

Task #4 -

If I wasn’t on the Colorado Raptors I think I would like to be on the Anchorage Armada. Those guys seem to have a great LR atmosphere and they seem like a great bunch of dudes. As far as play on the ice goes I think I would slot in somewhere on the second or third line, adding scoring depth as well as strong two-way play. Preferably I think I would like to play on the third line to really take advantage of my playstyle against what will likely be players around or below my own TPE. I don’t think Lekberg-Osterman would make a huge difference but adding another depth player is always valuable in series like this. The Armada’s chances of winning would definitely be improved I think, but not my much. I think with another strong depth player the Armada could have made it to the third round. Also, they beat us and you know what they say... If you can't beat 'em, join 'em!

Task #5 -  

This one is a little tricky for as I haven’t exactly kept myself up to date with the goaltenders at all. To me, perhaps the most interesting match-up was in the second round when the Montreal Militia (now the Carolina Kraken) faced of against the Halifax Raiders. This was the toughest of the series for the cup winning team and obviously Mike Hunt and the goaltending played a huge role in their wins. When we look at the Halifax Raiders however, Biz Nasty had some of the worst numbers in the off-season. Still, the series went to seven games. Mike Hunt played six out of the seven games. He he faced 150 shots in the series, giving up 14 goals. He had a .906SV%, a 2.33GAA and came out of the series with 4 wins and one shut out. Biz Nasty on the other hand faced 151 shots in the series, giving up 19 goals. He had a .874SV% and a 2.71 GAA. He came out of the series with 3 wins. Nasty was also pulled in the first and second game after letting in 4 goals on 19 shots and 4 goals on 10 shots respectively.

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2019, 11:12 AM by Patey.)

During the amazing playoff run by the lions rookies, the line that has the biggest impact in my opinion was the second forward line. The line of Luca, Eva and Liam had an outstanding playoff performance in the 11 games that were played in the playoffs. When looking at there line as a whole, they were a combined +14 and on top of that, slotted in 23 combined points for a second line that was getting only around 17 minutes a game. When looking at the opposite end on who ended up leaving a more negative impact on the team, I believe it was our top line of Cant, Hugh and Boruvka. Even though these guys carried us through the regular season to a surprising 5th place finish, when it came to the playoffs, our superstars did not show up as much as I thought with a combined 15 points in 11 games. Don't get me wrong, that is still not a bad scoreline but when comparing them to how much more they were doing in the regular season, this is a reason as to why the other top line was beating us up in the final series.

Top 5 rookies for Lethbridge

5) Johnny Patey - Even though he did not slot as many points as he may have wanted with 2 goals and 2 assists, he managed to stay out of the box and also managed to finish the playoff run with a +/- of 0 after finishing the regular season with the second worse in the league at -23.

4)Akira Ren - Ren at #4 you say, yes, I believe that Ren deserved to be at the #4 spot because compared to the regular season, Ren did not put as much impact as I thought they would into this playoff run with only 6 points in 11 games with an average ice time of over 22 minutes. Even though that it is a good showing, being on the first line of defense with one of the top point scorers in Delver means you need to have a massive impact to stand out.

3)Thomas Vanice - Who is this you might be asking? During the end of the regular season, the Lions picked up this beauty free agent for nothing. During the start of their career, they played so many games without getting any points but in the playoffs, even though it might not have been as many as most, they still had a major impact on the ice slotting home 5 points with only 13 minutes per game.

2)Luca Veccelli - Luca had one of the best playoffs out of any rookie in the league I believe in my opinion. Even though Luca only put up 5 points in the 11 games he played, he was on the ice and had a major impact in why the Lions got as far as they got, getting multiple scoring chances for himself and his teammates during the games. The second line of the Lions had 23 points combined and that is why Luca had a great +/- of 6 which was the highest for the Lions.

1)Disisde Dayudie - Disisde was the best rookie for the lions during their crazy run. Finishing the playoffs with 9 points, almost a points per game pace, this player finished the year stronger than ever when comparing to there regular season stats. Disisde finished the playoffs with a .82 points per game pace which was .3 better than the regular season and finished with a positive +/- when they had a negative one in the regular season. Finishing second in this top scoring heavy team from the regular season is an amazing accomplishment for this young rookie who thrived these playoffs.

1. Kelowna Knights: Getting revenge from the semi finals who be the greatest justice I could get right about now.
2. Anchorage Armada: I mean who wouldn't want to get an easy cup win against this team.
3. Montreal Militia/Carolina: Beating the defending champs would feel very good for a team that was not even expected to finish as high as the did.
4. Detroit Falcons: We lost 4 out of 5 against these guys in the regular season, so I want to crush them.
5. Halifax Raiders: The hometown of Johnny Patey, would have been nice to win it all here.
6. St Louis Scarecrows: Domination in the regular season but they looked promising in their playoff run so it could have been an interesting series.
7. Anaheim Outlaws: Does anybody really know anything about this team, enough said.
8. Colorado Raptors: They lost to the Armada in the first round...Yikes.
9. Vancouver Whalers: I like easy wins but this is way to easy, not even fun at this point.

If I didn't play for the Lions, I would want to play for the St. Louis Scarecrows. Yes this team may be a weird choice for some but I would want to play for them only for the sole reason to play on the top line with Muller and Blackwood. This team may not have done well during the playoffs and regular season due to scoring depth and goaltending, but just being able to play with these two guys could have elevated my players game to the next level centering these two monsters. I believe that these two guys just need a center to pass them the puck and that is where I would slot in just feeding these machine. I do not believe that I would elevate this teams chances that much since they could not even get past the second round with the top scorer in the league.

Even though this series should not have been as close as it was, the matchup of the Armada and Falcons had a decent matchup between goal even though you would not of thought that from the regular season. Ian Venables and Emiko Specter had outstanding performance during this 6 game battle. With save percentages of .920 on 187 shot, Ian was an absolute monster for his team and was pretty much the sole reason this team even came close to a game seven. On the other side, Emiko had a .895 save percentage, even though this does not look super good, in SMJHL standards, this is actually pretty good for a goaltender. Another great stat that these two goalies had were there GAA, Emiko had a 2.33 and Ian had a 2.5. This just shows how close this series was when looking at the indiviudal game scores, especially later in the series. Even though this series did not make it there, the only important stat out of the season is the shootout % that these two had during the regular season and it was a whooping for Ian at a .821 in 44 attempts compared to Emiko who had a .300 in 42 attempts. It's a good thing none of Detroit's playoff games did not go to a shootout against these guys.
(This post was last modified: 09-22-2019, 03:49 PM by pazuzu15.)

TASK 1

For the Knights our best line throughout the playoffs was easily our first line.  Puchcheese, Gutierrez, and Novotny accounted for 21 goals throughout our tenure in the playoffs and finished with 15+ between those three. Also, between these 3 skaters they scored four game winning goals and one game tying goal in 17 games played in these playoffs. They helped carry the Knights into the finals but unfortunately, we feel to Montreal 4-1 in a well fought series.  

On the other hand, Kelowna had some heavy weight that they had to carry with them this postseason, and it was my own players line. Eriksson, Sheppard, and Barbashev did very little offensively, scoring a total of 7 goal, 5 of which came from Sheppard too.  The whole line finished with a -21 for +/-, each player with a minus 7 this postseason.  Shockingly, our line did have the least penalty minutes in the playoffs, only a total of 4 minutes we spent in the box. I just wish we could have done more to help the team win.

TASK 2

Top 5 Comments from the PBP Thread
1. "My birthday suit is my best jersey tbh" - ACapitalChicago
2. "Wearing them down by letting them shoot wide a bunch, brilliant" - Slothfacekilla
3. "Just playing pass with myself. No worries! Just warming up?" - Zorem
4. "GG Montreal. You guys are as deep as the Mariana Trench." - Naosu
5. "Waiting for the hate from the PbPers in having to type out Kalevolaripaavo Käspertommevisnapuu any time that he might actually do something." - AlwaysGettingHaxed

TASK 3

So we already lost in the finals so I would definitely not want to play against Montreal, unless we would have won. Would have made an interesting matchup if Detroit would have made it to the finals, but I would rather not play against the team with the best record in the SMJHL. It would have been fun to play against St Louis as well, since that was one of the teams my prior player was on.

If I really wanted the Knights to win, which I would want, I think our best chance would have been against the Whalers. We played extremely well against them in the regular season, so I hope our consistency would carry over.

Entertainment wise, probably a team closer in the standings like Halifax or the Lions. Both teams did well against us and would have been a nail biting matchup for the championship. Hopefully next year will be our year!

Task 4

Well there are two cities that I would specifically want to play for. One would be New York, since I'm form there, however there is no New York team in the minors. The other would be St Louis since I'm a fan of the Blues and Cardinals. So playing for the Scarecrows would be a ton of fun. I feel like I would fit in perfectly on the third line winger, just like here in Kelowna. Provide something a bit different, being a player who focuses on passing and defensive duties. Plus that was the juniors team that I played for with my prior player, even though I was not very active the locker room was welcoming and fun.

Besides the Scarecrows, I am always interested in branding of teams and certain brands attract me. Specifically I really like Anchorage. There might be some bias there but since I created an Anchorage in the PBE. Also feel like I would be able to play higher up on one of the lines too. Being able to show how I'm able to contribute for the team.

Task 5

The goalie matchup I'll be looking at is the first game of the SMJHL between Kelowna and the Militia. Both Thorstrom and Hunt but in tough performances bringing the game into Overtime but Montrael was able to secure a big first win.

Hunt was able to win the save percantage matchup against Thorstrom this matchup, .885 compared to .833. Not the best performances this week for the goaltenders, but Montrael was able to get a big win week one. Surprisingly in this first game there was 8 penalties committed, and 7 of them were from Montrael in their winning effort. And Kelowna was able to score 2 power play goals this game, the main problem was even strength play which hurt Kelowna and led to their loss.

However, the Militia won the front of the physical games getting more than twice the amount of hits then the Knights, 19-9. That probably led to the amount of penalties called this game for Montreal, but a catalyst for them to take a big game won in the championship.

[Image: szY1Nbi.png]
[Image: vwglei8.png]
Left Winger - Gylfi Eriksson
Update Page  ====  Player Page
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2019, 09:54 AM by UrsinZ.)

The best line has to be our first line: Ivan Maximus and Leonid Kofix as wingers with Lallo Selman as center. Lallo Selman with his positiv mindset and his will to win fits Ivan Maximus's thirst for a cup and Leonid Lofix s sense to succeed. They put our team on their back. When they ended their shift they were ready for their next allways ready to go. Could have played 60 minutes alone if they needed to!
The badest line has to be Ursin Zimmermann and Noah Tedla... Just because they couldn't play in the playoffs togheter because Noah was traded. Which hurt the team in meme's and the positiv mind of noah in the locker room. And ursin wasn't the same after his trade. Like a sock missing his other sock to be a pair. But thanks to the Jerry Mander the team the first defense pairing still rocked!

The Top 5 of the hottest Fan girls in anaheim:
Number 5) Ellie Ottaway Josi (I mean if my sigs wife wasnt on here this list would be worthless)
Number 4) Anna Kendrick (Just here because my GM likes her i heard)
Number 3) Mia Khalifa (Dont know why she is popular Rolleyes but what a hot chick)
Number 2) Mila Kunis (Man who doesnt love this adorable woman)
Number 1) Gal Gadot (Just the most beautiful women on this planet)

Who do i want to face the most? There are two teams. Colorado and Hallifax. Why colorado? Thats easy my coworker's sig Daniel Kuster is playing there and jeah i want to beat him in a final that i can tell it to him every day. We've got a little race going who is going to be the better one and he had a better season this year so i want to hit back on him next season and the best way to do so is win in the finals!
Why Hallifax? My old linemate Noah Tedla plays there and jeah i want to show him that he missed out on a really great team. And just because i want to check him in to nirvana like no one ever did before. Even if i get suspended for a game or two that would be really awsome. And jeah it would show the management not to pick away my favorite linemate.

If i had to choose any other team then the outlaws i think i would chose colorado just because Daniel Kuster plays there. And in which line isn't that important as long as he and i are in the same line. Propably first pairing just because you know we would rock the show. If I by myself would make a big impact i dont know but the line pairing of me and Daniel Kuster would make the team a lot better just because we rock. It would also benefit the other players because we are great to be around. And because of that we would be big contenders for the cup. It would need some great other guys because it's a team game and the locker room has to be good as well but i dont think thats a problem.
But i mean jeah i dont want to change my team because the outlaws are just the best bunch of people!

[Image: 61Dqo9p.png]

[Image: Bananabread.gif] 

Thank you @Carpy48, @honkerrs
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2019, 07:07 PM by leftwing42.)

Task 1
The top group of players in the playoffs for the Outlaws wasn't a traditional line, rather the top power play unit.  The top group featuring Selman, Mander, Archer, Connolly, and Robinson combined for 5 powerplay goals in the 7 game playoff series.  The Outlaws were over-matched even strength in the regular season match up, a high functioning power play was really the only path to victory.  On the flip side the top line of the Outlaws had some shortcomings defensively.  The entire season Anaheim has struggled at even strength, causing the efficient special teams to be the only thing keeping the team afloat.  Despite putting up solid offense, the top trio was a combined -12 through the 7 game series.  In the end that might have been the undoing for the team, even with the high powered power play the continued disappointment during even strength managed to cancel it out.

Task 2
Top 5 series' this playoffs
1. Anaheim Outlaws vs St Louis Scarecrows 4-3 St Louis win.  With a double overtime game 7, this play in series was a nail biter.
2. Anchorage Armada vs Colorado Raptors 4-3 Anchorage win.  The other play in series also came down to the wire.
3. Montreal Militia vs Halifax Raiders 4-3 Militia win.  First round thriller.
4. Montreal Militia vs Kelowna Knights 4-1 Militia win.  Montreal secures the championship in a one sided series.
5. Lethbridge Lions vs Kelowna Knights 4-2 Knights win.  Knights finish it out in 6 to go to the finals.

Task 3
1. Lethbridge Lions - The Lions came into the league at the same time as the Anaheim Outlaws, giving us somewhat of a rivalry.  A one sided rivalry, because of their lack of success compared to the Outlaws, why not add one more to the list.
2. St Louis Scarecrows - Get revenge for the first round defeat this season
3. Colorado Raptors - The other team to lose in the play in round, should give us a solid chance at taking home the chip.
4. Anchorage Armada - Only team that finished below the Outlaws in the standings, maybe our best chance at a win.
5. Montreal Militia - In order to be the best you have to beat the best, with the Militia winning it all this year we'll have to knock them off.
6. Detroit Falcons - The top team in the regular season, would be a great battle to come out on top of.
7. Vancouver Whalers - Just imagine the riots in Vancouver if the lost another finals.  2011 but twice as worst since we'd sweep them.
8. Halifax Raiders - Who?

Task 4
If I had to play for a different team besides the Outlaws, I might pick a team like the St Louis Scarecrows.  The main reason would be to fit into their high powered offense.  Throughout the entire season the league was assaulted by the top line of Nicolaj Muller, Barrett Blackwood, and Mika Kandinsky.  Muller finished the season as the top point getter in the entire league, with Kandinsky spending much of a time in second place, despite dropping off down the stretch.  The biggest issue with the team was beyond that top line.  The Scarecrows only had two other forwards finish the season with above 20 points.  This lack of depth likely contributed to the lack of playoff success, finishing with a second round exit.  If I was on the team I would have been able to contribute to the offensive effort, potentially more than was shown.  This could have lead the team to a championship.

Task 5
The top goalie match up of the entire playoffs was easily the duel that happened in the finals.  Montreal's Mike Hunt and Kelowna's Alexander Thorstrom both put up incredible efforts being the driving force behind their team's.  Mike Hunt lead the playoffs with a save percentage of .914 and tied for first in goals against average with an impressive 2.46 to propel his team to victory.  Thorstrom's numbers dropped some during the finals due to how the series ended, but he still ended up with a respectable save percentage of .897 and a goals against average of 2.58.  Both goalies even managed to showcase their puck handling abilities, putting up an assist each to help on offense.  Mike Hunt won a couple of games pretty much on his own, recording a single shutout in the playoffs.  Despite Alexander Thorstrom's immense effort he did not manage to put up a shutout.  Look for these two to be top players in the SHL.

[Image: 7ICBY0z.png]
[Image: 15Ng51w.png]

Task #1 - In our 5 game postseason, the line combo that made the biggest and best impact for us was the top line. Bobby Bobcalf, Jan Zacha, and Artem Mozgov. They produced the majority of the points for the team. They carried to the best of their ability. They were the only line that didn't have a negative plus-minus. Bobby Bobcalf was the main performer. After dragging this team into the postseason, he put up 5 points in 5 games before being eliminated. An effort wasted.

The worst line combo was definitely whatever line Jean-Paul Boivin was on. The guy just makes his linemates suffer, hurting their production. Whoever was unlucky enough to be on his line should not have blame placed on them. As some people have stated that MY line was the worst. I'd like to defend that. I put in the best effort in the faceoff circle. 52.78 percent. Breton may not have done much, but Cullen Gray performed admirably. 3 assists in 5 games getting bottom 6 minutes. He certainly deserved more ice time in the series.

Task #2-

Top 5 Events in our postseason

#1: Future captain Bjorn Leppanen got ejected 18 seconds into the game while carrying the puck out of the defensive zone.
#2: Jean-Paul Boivin trying to be a "team-player" and getting his ass kicked by another player
#3: General Manager Dale Miller screwing up the lines sheet
#4: Marcus Weiser winning a faceoff [Insert clip]
#5: Anchorage co-GM Gabriel Johnson leaving his team to join us

Task #3-

I would definitely want to face Anaheim in the finals. I just don't like them. Before the draft, I specifically told them to screw off and not to draft me. Their logo is ugly, mascot stupid, and jerseys vomit-inducing. I would love to play a key role in smashing their hopes and dreams.

I would least want to face Lethbridge in the finals. They have some talented youngsters on that team, and will be a force for years to come. They have a fellow Austrian in Luca Vecceli. I played with him in the prospect tournament, and man that guy is good. I would not want him to show me off and take all the spotlight from me.

I could care less about everyone else. Kelowna would be cool for a battle of British Columbia, but their roster is nothing exciting. I love Detroit's jerseys and logo, but it might distract me from my play. So I wouldn't want to face them.

So for final rankings from most to least, I'd go:

#1: Anaheim Outlaws
#2: Kelowna Knights
#3: Anchorage Armada
#4: Halifax Raiders
#5: Colorado Raptors
#6: St. Louis Scarecrows
#7: Montreal Militia/Carolina Kraken
#8: Detroit Falcons
#9: Lethbridge Lions

Task 4-

I definitely wouldn't mind being on Lethbridge, with fellow Austrian Luca Vecceli. They were my #1 suitor going into the draft, before Vancouver randomly snatched me from their grasp. Their roster seems a bit full, though. So I think I'd rather play for another team for these playoffs.

My decision would be down to Halifax or St. Louis. St Louis has a terrible mascot and jersey/colors, so they're out of the question.

Leaves me with the Halifax Raiders! They have plenty of room for me on the roster, meaning plenty of ice time. I can showcase my truest talents when they really count. I would probably slot in as their 3C. They have a sick jersey and mascot, I would love to wear it. The city of Halifax has such a dedicated fanbase as well. Definitely wouldn't mind playing for them. But don't get me wrong, Vancouver is my real home.

Task 5-

The goalie matchup I think was the best was Biz Nasty vs Mike Hunt in the quarterfinals.

Their regular season numbers were definitely similiar. Both goalies finished the S49 regular season with an .899 SV%, and they both backstopped teams that made it top-6 to avoid the play-in. Biz, however, had 25 wins to Mike's 19, perhaps due to having played an extra 5 games. Or, Halifax just deployed better players in front of him. Nasty's GAA edged out Hunt's (2.55 to 2.81).

Looking at advanced stats, they both had a 2.6 Adjusted GAA. Nasty was more dependable, with a quality start percentage of 70.45 to Hunt's 58.97. In terms of goals saved above average, Nasty finished with 18.81 to Hunt's 16.28.

But stats aren't everything. Head-to-head? Before the series played out, my money would've been on Nasty. Credit where it's due, not only did Hunt play phenomenal in the Raiders series, he was a huge reason why the Militia won the Four Star Cup. I can't count the times Kelowna could've claimed that they would have scored on any other goalie, and when you look at his form in the finals, he might have a shout as the playoffs MVP.

[Image: mpcR8M0.png]
player page                                                         update page

This one is pretty obvious. Our best line in the playoffs was the top line of Nicolaj Muller, Barrett Blackwood, and Mika Kandinsky. Muller was scoring at a ppg pace in the playoffs and really drove the offense for our team. The line with the most negative impact would probably be our third line of Sasha Dangelcheck, Aron Hernadivic, and Colton Strudwick. This line had the worst +/- on the team and did not really put up a lot of points. That being said, they did not have incredibly bad stats. The worst +/- on the line was only a -1 and if you are only getting third line minutes, you are probably not expected to put up a whole lot of points either. All in all I'm pretty proud of them for giving it their best even if the on ice performance wasn't the best. I wouldn't wanna be anywhere else.

Top 5 pranks we pulled on each other during the playoffs
1. Me, Dangelchek, and Kandinsky putting Nair in Captain Nico's jock before the first game.
2. Marques Brownlee doing the ol' unscrewed water bottle trick and getting Kandinsky during warmups in the first round.
3. Drawing funny things on the coach's face while he slept on the plane ride back from Anaheim in the first round. Caught a bag skate for that one.
4. Blackwood replacing Brusky's stick tape with My Little Pony tape.
5. Flash Gordon putting a note on the back of my helmet that said "I have a foot fetish."

1. Detroit Falcons. No better way to settle a rivalry than with a match in the finals.
2. Kelowna Knights. Facing off against @Naosu and the rest of that team would be intense. Our series this year didn't go so well for us and I want a rematch.
3. Vancouver Whalers. A match against @CleverPin would be a lot of fun, win or lose it would be great.
4. Anaheim Outlaws. Our first round match this year was pretty good, definitely wouldn't mind another shot at them.
5. Montreal Militia. Defending champs, probably a good matchup. Plus they knocked out Detroit this year. They're good in my book even if we lose.
6. Colorado Raptors. Raptors are kinda cool I guess. No real feelings about the team either way.
7. Halifax Raiders. I don't hear too much about the teams beyond this point, I'll be honest. Raiders just happen to fit here nicely I think.
8. Anchorage Armada. These last two are basically a coin flip.
9. Lethbridge Lions.

Vancouver Whalers. When I first came into the SHL Cleverpin said he would love to have been on a line with me. Him dishing the pucks to me just to I can pot them in the back of the net. We could have been quite the dynamic duo if the draft worked out the way we had hoped. Alas, perhaps in the SHL we can be united finally. I don't think I would actually slot well into their lineup given their 1RW and 2RW are both only a S48 players, making me a 3rd line player at best. As a 3rd or even 4th liner, I'm not sure I could make a big impact with such limited ice time. It would be a challenge for sure, but their wingers are just too stacked for me to be able to make an impact there I would imagine. Oh well I suppose.

I want to talk about Game Six of the series between St. Louis and Anaheim. This game was a doozy for sure. Shiqua Vitaleivich vs Patrick Niederreiter between the pipes. This game ended up going to double overtime, with both goalies playing over 80 minutes on the ice. Vitaleivich truly stole the game here for St. Louis, stopping 39 out of 41 shots for a .951 SV%, compared to Niederreiter who only faced 27 shots the whole game. Anaheim was all over us for a majority of the game, but our goaltender stood strong in the net and really bailed us out this game. By the end of the second period St. Louis had only 14 shots on goal, which was the same number of shots that Anaheim had in the second period alone. Despite this, the game was tied and Vitaleivich stood tall until the end of the game, refusing to let that puck in anymore.

[Image: rankle.gif]
[Image: 9rbVE0N.png]

Barracuda Chomp Chomp Water Dog Barracuda
Scarecrows Scarecrow Noises Scarecrows
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

CW is due tomorrow night (the 22nd) at 11:59 Eastern

[Image: thistidalwave.gif]

ArmadaUkSpecters
Player | Updates

Task #1 – Even though our team lost in game 7 of the first round, we had some real positives moving forward. Our top line was our best line through the playoffs which consisted of Bo Kane, Emeka Valentine Okoli and Calogero Crudelli; they scored 7 goals and combined for a total of 18 points. I don’t think any of our lines had any negative impact as our fourth line was barely getting any minutes. Our third line, which was centered by myself was only getting around 13 minutes a night and I think we held our own. Even though we lost in 7 games, I think our team made strides and I love how we battled back from down 3-1 in the series.

Task #2 – Top 5 Chirps heard in the playoffs (no particular order):
1. "Holy shit dude does your coach know you're out here? He's gonna be pissed"
2. “You suck at hockey”
3. “I will let you pick which hand I beat the fuck out of you with.”
4. “Hey buddy, easy on the Viagra, keep your stick down”
5. “Quick question

[Image: gurbs.gif]

Task #1 - The best Line was our first line with Hugh Jazz on the Left Wing , Cant Eykhil on Center,Boruka Bananak and Delever Fudgeson and Akira Ren on Defence they produced 37 Points in 11 games this are 3,63 points via one game this are 1,91 points less as the cup winner montreal our badest line was in my opinon the 3rd line where i play with thomas vanice on left wing , johny patey on center and me niklas fuhrberg on right wing and jakob hamr and jack wilson on defence we only produced 5+4+2+1+2 14 pointsin eleven games which are only 1,27 points via game which are not really great i hope my very best we can put up this numbers in the next year and can get further in the playoffs next year and can hurt more teams this year was kelowna to strong but they lost in the finals, (151 words)

Task #2 - My Top 5 for the playoffs
#1 win the 4 stars
#2 score an series winning goal
#3 score an game winning goal
#4 kiss an female ref after winnning the four stars
#5 hugging my teammates and drinking out of the cup with my team mates

Task #3 - who i like to face in the finals? i would pick the whalers normally the are prety strong but this year the aren't and should be easily to beat and then you would have an 4 stars which lethbridge would deserve the team i wouldn't face in the finals are the montreal militia (impact) they are just too strong this year and i think they will win the cup this year and looking pretty strong the following years. another team i would like to face are the kelowna knights they are connected with my dad and his protege fedor shirobokhov the played both at the knights are both alumnis for the team it would be nice to beat them and show them it was an fault not to pick me up at the draft and passed on me maybe the following years we will face them in the finals and win the cup maybe not we will se what the future will bring. (163 words)

Task #4 - I would love to play for the montreal militia (impact) they are always an top pick for the cup and i wpould be happy to bring them back to old pride i love thier colors and thier logo i love canada and so on if i would help them probably in the future when i'm an better play i wouldn't help them right now as an rookie but i could help them in the futre but they allready win an cup so they need no help maybe the knights are the better team to pick and they need my help in dead they not have a lot of rookies and some players will leave them soon as i said before maybe it was an fault they passed on me and not picked me up this is why i want to beat them and hurt them in the near future and want to lead my team the lions to an cup in the next years and i think with so many rookies we can do it and getting only better. (179 words)

Task #5 - i want to pick the semi finals kelowna knights vs lethbridge lions Alexander Thorstrom vs Markus Tegernako we have an experienced golie vs an rookie here Thorstrom has 17 games in the playoffs with 9 wins 7 losses 1 overtime loss have an solid 89,7 saving percentage an 2.58 goal against averge in the play offs in the regular season he have 44 games 24 wind 15 losses 5 over time losses 88,3% in saves and 2.85 goals against average so an very good goalie here our goalie have 11 games 6 wins 5 losses 90.7 Save percentage 2.46 Goal against averge in the play offs so the stats speak for the rookie in the play offs but lets look in regular season we have here only 24 games 14 wins 8 losses 1 overtime loss 89.6 save percentage with an 3.01 goal averege so Tegernako was only an number 2 goalie in the regualar season the lions set o late on him for an number 1 , thorstrom is clearly the winner in this series and are one of the reasons why they winned the series agains us. (188 words)

[Image: P9htSSf.png]
[Image: Sr4Rvg.gif]

#TeamFuhrby
#knightsknation
(This post was last modified: 09-22-2019, 05:21 PM by AlwaysGettingHaxed.)

TASK 1:

The most impactful line for the Kelowna Knights this postseason, is their top line of Raquel Castillo Gutierrez, Josef Novotny, and Tah Puhcheese.  They each had 16 points, for a combined 48 points, in 17 games.  Without them, the Knights would not have had any chance of making the Finals.  There are just 4 other players with double digit point totals.

The weakest link may be a split between the third line of Ryan Shepard, Andre Barbashev II, and Gylfi Eriksson and the top pair of defensemen, Piotr Horvat and Simon LeBlanc.  Really hard to say these players are the weakest link, when the team makes it to the Finals, but in the end some lines do struggle.  For the third line, while they have scored a couple timely and important goals, they are a combined -21.  So even if they are scoring important goals, they are conceding even more to put the team behind.  The top pairing is a combined -20, that cannot happen when you are given the most minutes on the ice.  This means the Knights are playing from behind far too often.

Code:
~175 words

TASK 2:

Top 5 Teams Named For Weird Reasons:

1. Detroit Falcons Falcons  The original owner used to drive a red Ford Falcon, hence the team colors.

2. Colorado Raptors Raptors  The owner was a religious man with a speech impediment.  He wanted to be called the Colorado Raptured, since Denver is at a higher elevation, but was mistaken for Raptors, given the close proximity to archaeological dig sites.

3. St. Louis Scarecrows Scarecrows The owner was big fan of the Wizard of Oz, and always felt that professional athletes had no brains, so hence the name Scarecrows came to be.

4. Buffalo Stampede Stampede Many would think the name originates from the terrifying thought of seeing a stampede of wild buffalo, but this is the not the case.  This was to honor those lost in the Great Stampede of Buffalo, when lives were taken from fans enraged of the Buffalo Thunder would not come to be, and stampeded to get their money back.

5.  New Orleans Specters Specters  The Specters were named when the owner was visited by the ghost of his deceased business partner, who warned that he would be visited by three specters to show him the error of his ways.

TASK 3:

1.Detroit Falcons- Best team in the regular season.  If we beat them in the finals we have earned it.

2.St. Louis Scarecrows- AGH’s first client played there.  Really would not want to lose this team, after losing the finals with them before.

3.Montreal Militia- A team full of depth especially in the rookie class.  Want to prove we have the better rookie class.

4.Lethbridge Lions- A young team, but a killer rookie group.  Many of Kalevolaripaavo’s rivals in the scoring race played here.  Show them that scoring in the playoffs is more important.

5.Vancouver Whalers- Right in the middle, nothing special about them, to want to face them, or avoid them.

6.Halifax Raiders- Not really sure about them, finished third in standings, but not really feeling anythig towards them.

7.Colorado Raptors- Matchup against rookies Atreides and Urawa would be fun, but other than that not much.

8.Anaheim Outlaws- Next to last team, hard to get excited against a team like that.

9.Anchorage Armada- Dead last, no… just no.

Code:
~150 words

TASK 4:

If I had to choose another team to join it would be the Lethbridge Lions.  While a young and inexperienced team, they have a very talented rookie class.  I feel like I would slot in on their second line as a winger, and would certainly help in the scoring department.  Joining them would not necessarily make them title contenders this season, but in seasons 50 and 51, the Lions would be a force.

The forward talent of Kaspertommevisnapuu, Rintarou Okabe, Johnny Patey, Thomas Vanice, Niklas Fuhrberg, Adam Foley, and Luca Veccelli, in the top 9, there would be a lot of scoring.  The defensive corps of Akira Ren, Jack Wilson, Disisde Dayudie, and Jakob Hamr as your top four, instilling both skill and fear in the opponents.  To be further backstopped by the stalwart Magnus Tegernako, the Lions would be the team to beat in seasons 50 and 51.  Though Kaspertommevisnapuu is pretty happy with being a Knight.

Code:
~155 words

TASK 5:

The Finals matchup of Mike Hunt and Alexander Thorstrom provided a great pair of goaltenders, that were once considered top SHL prospects. Hunt announced his retirement after the Finals, and Thorstrom whose development has completely hit a wall.

Both the Militia and Knights played 17 games in the playoffs, but while Thorstrom played all 17 games, Hunt only played in 16. However, Hunt’s sterling play in goal was considerably better than the mediocre play of Thorstrom. One big stat to look at is the goaltender’s save percentage. Hunt had a stellar .914 save percentage to Thorstrom’s less below average .897. Hunt made the keys when his team needed him to, while Thorstrom did not. Hunt tied Markus Tegernako for the best goals against average in the playoffs with a 2.46, while Thorstrom finished 3rd with a 2.58. This shows that Thorstrom had some help in front of him in reducing the shots he faced. One more interesting stat, is that both goalies tried to help their own cause by recording one assist each.

Code:
~160 words

[Image: BUzKbLn.png]

[Image: 5p7vOwY.png]  |  [Image: NA3IV5m.png]

Task #1 - [Written Option] Which line combination is making/has made the biggest positive impact in for your team in the playoffs? Which is making/has made the biggest negative impact? Why? Requirements: Must include at least 150 words. [Graphics Option] Create an infographic comparing your team's best line combo vs the worst line combo. Requirements: Must include at least 3 stats.
Forward line two made the largest impact for Lethbridge this year. Luca Veccelli, Eva Lykke Aparjode, and Liam Hutchinson combined for an impressive 23 points, and those 3 members of the team had a +/- rating of plus 3, plus 5, and plus 6 respectively. Hits being the most important stat, Hutchinson was very crucial to the team notching the second most hits with 24 to go along with his impressive +6 +/-. This line also was incredibly efficient with their shots. 3 of the top 5 players in terms of shot percentage on the team were this line. Although the team wasn’t able to perform at the level we had hoped, the blame for that cannot be put on these 3 players. Not only were they active in scoring points, they weren’t on the ice for a lot of the goals that were conceded. Hutchinson also lead all forwards on the team in blocked shots.

Task #2 - [Written Option] Create a Top 5 list of something to do with the playoffs (eg. top 5 weirdest things that have been poured into the Four Star Cup after a win, top 5 hilarious tweets during a certain game, top 5 goals your player scored, top 5 mascots you wish the two finals teams had instead of the current mascots, etc.) Requirements: No specific word count, but each item in your list should be more than just one word. [Graphics Option] Create a graphics version of your list.

Top 5 penalties Jakob Hamr committed in the playoffs
1. Roughing (Checked a player through the plexiglass)
2. Instigating (Told an opposing player if he didn’t fight him, he would seduce his wife)
3. Elbowing (Elbowed a man in the nose between whistles)
4. Cross-checking (Broke a stick on target)
5. Fighting (In the opposing locker room before the game even started)

Task #3 - [Written Option] Rank the teams in order of who you would most want to face in Finals to who you would least want to face. Explain why. Requirements: Must include at least 150 words [Graphics Option] Create a poster advertising your team vs whoever you'd most like to face in finals. Requirements: Must include two team names, two team logos, and at least one render from each team.
There is no value in saying that you don’t want to win against the greatest. Anyone who argues that they want to face a weaker opponent is admitting weakness in themselves. Therefore, the team I would’ve wanted to play most in the finals would’ve been the team that won in the Montreal Militia. It is my wish that we have the opportunity to play the best team in the league, and the championship winners are always a great place to start. I would say Kelowna next as they were the runner ups, however, we did play them and we lost, and I believe that Detroit was the stronger team last season. Because of that, the team I would like to play the second most is Detroit. After that I would like a rematch against Kelowna. They did beat us in 6 games but I believe that given another opportunity we could succeed. Any other option finished worse than us in the playoffs and is not worth considering.

Task #4 - If you weren't playing for your current team, which team would you most like to be playing for in the playoffs. Explain why you chose that team and how you think you'd slot into their roster. Would your player make a big impact on the team? Would you improve their chances of winning a cup? Requirements: Must include at least 150 words.
If I could represent any team in the playoffs other than Lethbridge it would have been St Louis. The two bottom teams of the league were Colorado and St. Louis, but the Scarecrows had the weaker defence, and thus would improve the most by the addition of myself. They had only two rookie defender and needed some lifeblood at the position this season. I could’ve been that person, and I would’ve turned around not only the team in the regular season, but I would’ve dominated the playoffs for them. With my hitting and shot blocking ability, I would’ve been a major step up from what was put on the ice this year. Perhaps I would not have been on the first line, but that’s due to my frequency in the penalty box. Nevertheless, my impact would’ve been felt. I feel confident in saying that had the Scarecrows had me on their roster this season, they would not have conceded 167 goals.

Task #5 - [Written Option] Highlight any goalie matchup from any series in the playoffs. Requirements: Must include at least 150 words and 3 stats, either from playoffs or the regular season. [Graphics Option] Create an infographic highlighting any goalie matchup from the playoffs. Requirements: Must include 3 stats, either from playoffs or the regular season, plus both goalie renders and both team logos.
The goalie matchup I’ll be highlighting is Alexander Thorstrom going up against Markus Tegernako, respectively the goalie of the Kelowna Knights and the Lethbridge Lions. The first thing to keep in mind is that most goalie stats are averaged and Thorstrom played an extra six games on Tegernako having won as a team. Thorstrom finished the regular season with a save percentage of 0.883, Tegarnako outperformed him with a 0.896, albeit by a small margin. In the playoffs, Tegarnako also won the save percentage battle with a 0.907 where Thorstrom had an 0.897, again with a small margin separating the two. Tagernako wins yet again when one checks the goal against average stat in the playoffs, Thorstrom surrendered an average of 2.58 goals per game where Tagernako only conceded 2.46 goals per game. From the clear lead in the major stat categories, it seems that even though Kelowna won the team matchup, Tageranko clearly won the one on one matchup between these two goalies.
(This post was last modified: 09-22-2019, 05:28 PM by mdubz.)

Task #1 - Suprisingly, our second line is probably the best line for Anchorage. Jake Primeau has the most points on the team in the playoffs, with 13, and Elijah Jones has the third most with 9. Our worst line is definitely the rookie line of Daniel Bischoff, Andrei Petrikov, and Jay Reeves. With each of them having a plus minus of -7, you cant do well in the playoffs when you let in that many goals as a line. For Anchorage's blue line set ups, Johnny Sins and rookie Samuel Michaud have had great chemistry, both putting up a decent amount of points. The worst blue line grouping is probably the first line, because although Gabriel Johnson tried to drag Augustus Wang along, Augustus only tallied one assist in 13 games. Although, since Augustus is a rookie, we can hope that he continues to mature into a better player as he ages.

Task #2 - Top 5 playoff team Sweaters:
1. Anchorage (No Bias Here)
2. Detroit (Gotta Love The Classic Look)
3. Halifax (The Scrollwork is A Nice Touch)
4. Anaheim (Based on the design with the red)
5. St. Louis (I like the sleeve stripes)

Task #3 -  [Written Option]  Rank the teams in order of who you would most want to face in Finals to who you would least want to face. Explain why.  Requirements: Must include at least 150 words  [Graphics Option] Create a poster advertising your team vs whoever you'd most like to face in finals.  Requirements: Must include two team names, two team logos, and at least one render from each team.

Task #4 - I had the option to sign with a few different teams, but I think I would have ended up in Montreal if I wouldn't have signed with Anchorage. I had a really good interaction with the GM there before I chose Anchorage, so I think that would have been my second choice. Since they won the cup, I don't think that I would have improved their chances at all, although with my poor showing in the playoffs, I might have actually decreased their chances. I probably would have played on the third line in Montreal as well, I don't think I would have had a chance to crack the top six, although they might have actually put me on the powerplay and I might have been able to contribute to the team more that way. Although I didn't play on Anchorage's penalty kill, I might have played on Montreal's due to my high defense.

Task #5 -  [Written Option] Highlight any goalie matchup from any series in the playoffs. Requirements: Must include at least 150 words and 3 stats, either from playoffs or the regular season.  [Graphics Option] Create an infographic highlighting any goalie matchup from the playoffs.  Requirements: Must include 3 stats, either from playoffs or the regular season, plus both goalie renders and both team logos.

[Image: 49775_s.png]
Thanks to Budgie and Carpy for the sigs!

Player || Updates