Create Account

S50 Syndicate Interested Prospects Thread

syndicate  syndicate S50 Syndicate Interested Prospects Thread  syndicate  syndicate

The Chicago Syndicate are one of the newest SHL franchises having joined the league through expansion in S46.  We are eager to continue adding to our young core and are looking for members that want to help us improve! If you are interested in joining the Syndicate, please help me get to know you better by filling out the questions below!

Code:
1. How interested would you be in joining the Syndicate?

2. If you could be anyone else who would you be?

3. What sort of hobbies do you have, do you play any video games (if yes, please specify!)?

4. What's your favourite sports team, favourite food, favourite tv show/movie, favourite song/type of music?

5. Tell me 5 ways to use a pencil other than writing.

6. What have you enjoyed most about the SHL so far? What haven't you enjoyed?

7. Could you see yourself playing for the Chicago Syndicate for an extended period of time?

8. If you were on an island and could only bring 3 things, what would you bring?

[Image: 57879_s.gif]
[Image: 37742_s.gif]
[Image: jov7Yk9.png]

"“HA HA! THIS GAME WILL NEVER END! I POSSESS THE SOUL OF EVERY GOALIE ON TEAM B!! CREW 4 LIFE!! SIGN WITH EDMONTON FOR THE CUP!!!” cackled Belial as he placed a Fedora on his head."
SMJHL Commisioner S17-S26
Calgary Dragons GM S14-S23

Quite a lot, this team has a great future.

I would be content with any 1%er who no longer requires working to get by

3. What sort of hobbies do you have, do you play any video games (if yes, please specify!)?
I've honestly spent a majority of my time for September on this site and working on my Yahoo fantasy draft. I play video games but have been playing less as time goes by, I most recently played Fire Emblem Three houses but haven't played it in a while.

4. What's your favourite sports team, favourite food, favourite tv show/movie, favourite song/type of music?
Colorado Avalanche, pizza, Breaking Bad, most rock music

Erasing, stabbing someone, picking under your nails, lending to a friend, doing the thing where you hold it loosely and wiggle it making it look like rubber

I've enjoyed basically every aspect. The SMJHL draft was a blast, the community is awesome and I didn't write much before coming to this site but now I do for fake money. The only thing I don't really like is the hard life of being a TPE whore, losing out on random TPE is tough.

7. Could you see yourself playing for the Chicago Syndicate for an extended period of time?
Yes, I could potentially be a lifer.

8. If you were on an island and could only bring 3 things, what would you bring?
A survival manual, lifestraw, a satellite phone (with service)

[Image: jrousseau.gif]
[Image: j7ebBxQ.png] [Image: FbT2Pb1.png]
Canada Knights Canada Knights Canada

I'm medium interested, the only reason it isn't higher is because Soonika is going to be a superstar and is barely older than me. I'm worried there's no place for me here. For whatever reason if my conclusions are wrong, then I'm super interested!

Given the choice, I would be the version of myself who made different mistakes. Ultimately an unlikely spiritual mentor would help me realize that what I thought I wanted only made me more unhappy, and the things I gave up weren't worth the things I thought I wanted. In the third act I would desperately plead with whichever higher power was yanking my chain, before ultimately waking up in my old life as if it was all a dream. Then I would do my normal routine that was established at the start, except that now I'm whistling and smiling and proving that it was just my attitude and perspective that needed to change.

I have a wide-ranging multitude of hobbies, the biggest of which is playing and recording music. I game mostly on PC and Nintendo Switch, and I don't tend to play very many competitive games due to being bad and subsequently frustrated. My favourite games are KSP, Skyrim, Civ, Warframe.

Ottawa Senators, Bacon Cheeseburger or Samosas, The Good Place / The Lives of Others currently but it seems to change with the wind, Dreaming Tree (Dave Matthews Band)/Jazz.

1. Melt the eraser, inhale fumes. Repeat. Do not attempt alone.
2. Graphite core can be used to separate water into hydrogen and oxygen gas. Softer the better, so 2B is good but 8B is better. Just run electricity between two pencil leads inside a salty-water bath.
3. If you're working on a tough problem, here's a foolproof way of solving it. Order chinese food. Take pencil, throw up and get it stuck in the ceiling. Someone will say something innocuous, unrelated to the situation but your brain will connect the dots. As the pencil falls down, you'll point at them, look them dead in the eyes, and say "Wait. Say that again."
4. Idk it's wood. Drive it into the brain of a vampire. Problem solved.
5. Erase with it.

I've most enjoyed the community and the friends that I've made here! That's what keeps me coming back honestly. So hopefully you guys have some potential friends Smile
There's nothing I haven't enjoyed enough to post it in a public forum.

Hell yes. Loyalty is my #1. If I end up with you guys, you'll be stuck with me forever.

1. A lifetime supply of Domino's Pizza
2. My computer (with my collection of TV and movies) and whatever solar cells are required to make it happen
3. Michelle Obama
Here's my plan. Michelle and I can just chill out for a couple months eating pizza and watching Mike Schur shows until we get too bored. The world would never let Michelle Obama die on an unknown island so I can be sure there's a seemingly unlimited budget search party out to find us. So we have a guaranteed way off the island, and some hype entertainment and low/medium quality pizza to pass the time. Perfect vacation!

[Image: EsVSFns.png][Image: uzmDXiJ.png]
Sigs by @Carpy48 and @tweedledunn

Would be very happy to join. CHI is one of the few teams I have any opinions about and that's because it seems 1/2 the Anaheim LR is on here (and that's a good thing). Personality fit is definitely my biggest want from whatever team and so far so good with that.

Wow - a really wide open question. I can't go all philosophical like @toirekari (stop sucking up!) but would probably go all shallow. Someone with money, looks better than me, and seems cool. I'm going John Cena.

I'm a Tesla nerd so I spend a lot of time obsessing over that. Also do a lot of work on the house. We always have a project going and just started rennovating our final bathroom yesterday. Don't play video games much anymore - but do pick up my switch from time to time and play BoTW or Mario. Also bought an N64 recently for some nostalgic Mario Kart and Conker's Bad Fur Day.

Huge Washington Capitals fan so that's an easy one.
Food really depends on the mood I'm in. I love seafood, steak, and sometimes a good burger is all I want
TV Show also changes over time, but Sons of Anarchy was good. Breaking Bad. Parks and Rec. And recently started Brooklyn Nine Nine which is hilarious
I commute about an hour each way to and from work and really became tired of the same music on the radio. Been doing podcasts lately which has helped a ton.

I shared my #1 with Velevra over Discord before this came out and I'm not going to put it here for everyone to see. But I would like to say that there is definitely 1 required answer that no one hit yet this season nor last season. Really disappointed in these slackers. So starting with #2:

#2. Use as a weapon. Whether in the big house or in class - if someone comes at you there is always a #2 Ticonderoga to save the day
#3. Fire Starter
#4. Something to chew on during class as a kid when you weren't allowed to have gum and lunch was extremely disappointing.
#5. Money laundering. You buy a box of pencils lately? That shit is way too expensive for what it is.

The people are by far my favorite part. So far there have been very few people I didn't like and lots of people I do. And the S50 rookie and Russian chats have been great.

If I had to pick something I didn't like it would be the rookie learning curve. There is a lot happening at day 1 and it's hard to follow for a bit.

Assuming I'm picked up in Chigaco I'll be there as long as you'll have me. I'm figuring you'll be tired of me in 2 or 3 seasons. Maybe you can swing a 5th round Reddit pick out of me?

You didn't say I'm stranded on the island - just on an island. So assuming this is vacation I'll go with:

Sunblock (don't laugh - skin cancer is serious shit!)
A drink - though variety depends on where the island is. Let's go with a Margarita since I don't know what's regionally appropriate on this island.
My wife. Because it's always more fun when there is someone there with you

Then when I'm done and/or out of money - I'll just go home.

[Image: thiefofcheese.gif]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] 

Sig credit: Ragnar, Carpy48, High Stick King

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2019, 09:35 AM by Z0REM.)

How interested would you be in joining the Syndicate?
I really love the brand for the Syndicate.  The logo gives me chills and thrills in places that I didn’t even know exists.  That being said, I don’t know many people on the team yet although I hope that will change now that I have the first month of SHL under my feet.  In terms of branding and the fact that they’re a relatively new team, I’d say that my interest in pretty high.

If you could be anyone else who would you be?
Genghis Khan.  I once went to a workshop where I was testing to see if I could be a good salesman and they asked a question, “If you could pick anyone to be immune to help guide the world back from a zombie apocalypse, who would you pick?”  My answer was Genghis Khan.  We then broke into groups and had to discuss why our person should be chosen over the rest of the group.  I lost to Steve Jobs.  Steve motherfucking jobs.  Because people said his charisma would help the world survive via all his tech know how.  My only response was that Ghengis Khan would be the better choice to kill those zombies and survive.  And he’s a badass.  Be a badass! Be Syndicate!

What sort of hobbies do you have, do you play any video games (if yes, please specify!)?
I play a lot of boardgames in my spare time.  I am not a picky gamer really.  In video games I tend ot stay away from platformers and favor open world gaming.  That being said, I haven’t played anything but Lego Marvel on PS4 lately as its pretty my the only game my SO will tolerate.  I like to be competitive.  Other hobbies include baking delicious cakes and cooking food.    

What's your favourite sports team, favourite food, favourite tv show/movie, favourite song/type of music?
Carolina Hurricanes. Lasagna. Just finished Carnival Row and it was fantastic.  Stoner rock/metal (if you want to listen to this genre check out the Boston based band “Elder”.  Features sick guitar rifts and beautiful harmonics)

Tell me 5 ways to use a pencil other than writing.
Shoving it into someone’s forehead.
Kindling for a fire.
Proving to someone that wood is actually rubber.
Water diffraction.
As an eraser.

What have you enjoyed most about the SHL so far? What haven't you enjoyed?
I enjoy the hockey part the most actually.  It’s nice being able to put your time and effort into something and seeing how your player changes.  I know some of it is luck based, but nothing wrong with that.  The people have been pretty good too, as well as winning the four star cup in my first season ever.  The bad is that there are a lot of LR and different chats.  Some people are fun and I can see that some can get annoying. 

Could you see yourself playing for the Chicago Syndicate for an extended period of time?
Put me in coach.  I’ll play as long as I’m relevant. 

If you were on an island and could only bring 3 things, what would you bring?
Beach Umbrella, Beer Cooler, and a Yacht.

[Image: seamus.png]

Credit to Vulfzilla for the awesome render pic
[Image: gXlAFBa.png]|| [Image: 8CbZQAJ.png]

Quote:1. How interested would you be in joining the Syndicate?

Very interested! More than anything else, I want to play for a team that wants me, and whichever team that drafts me is going to have a very loyal rookie on their hands who is going to commit to being a part of the organization for a long time.

I like that Chicago is a new team with a pretty clean slate in terms of history. It would be fun to have a chance to help write the club's early history and be part of its successes.

Quote:2. If you could be anyone else who would you be?

Jeff Bezos

Quote:3. What sort of hobbies do you have, do you play any video games (if yes, please specify!)?

I play hockey in real life with my buddies on the weekends. I also like to play EASHL, so if there's a group on the team that has the game (PS4), that's a huge plus for me. I'm a casual gamer otherwise, but always down to play a game with a good group of people.

Quote:4. What's your favourite sports team, favourite food, favourite tv show/movie, favourite song/type of music?

Favourite sports team: Philadelphia Flyers
Favourite food: Nothing beats a good burger
Favourite TV show/movie: The Office is still tops for me. US version.
Favourite song or type of music: Honestly, I have been listening to the NHL soundtrack playlist on Spotify. Every NHL song from 2002 to 2019. Pick a song off of there and odds are I really like it. I like that kind of music, and also the nostalgia of it.

Quote:5. Tell me 5 ways to use a pencil other than writing.

1. Get two of them and you've got chopsticks.
  2. My wife uses them to hold her bun in place sometimes.
  3. I use them to hit those small reset buttons that you see on electronics sometimes
  4. That game you played in elementary school where you tried to tap the pencil between all of your fingers, going back and forth until you stabbed yourself
  5. Erasing

Quote:6. What have you enjoyed most about the SHL so far? What haven't you enjoyed?

I've gotten really into this community, but especially the story and history of the league. I just look at the 50 seasons of user-generated content and history, and it's incredible. It has to be one of the most expansive player-created universes on the internet. I like having the chance to weave my own story into that fabric, and hope that at the end of my career, I'll have left an impression on and off the ice with my first player.

The only thing I'd say I wish I had is a chance to earn more differentiated TPE (e.g. TPE that is based on something competitive or on quality of content generated versus things like activity checks or training). Since I joined after the draft, I missed out on about 15 TPE from various things. I'd really like if I had a chance to make that up by working extra hard on submitting quality PTs and content, but at the same time, I'm not sweating over it. It's not something I don't enjoy necessarily, but it's some feedback! I take a lot of pride in putting out great content, and I'd be even more motivated if some of it translated into direct TPE gains, even just a point or two here and there.

Quote:7. Could you see yourself playing for the Chicago Syndicate for an extended period of time?

Yeah. I could see myself playing for Chicago -- or any team that drafts me -- my entire career. I'm going into this with the mindset that I'm going to do my best to help the team that was faithful enough to draft me get to the top and stay there during my career.

Quote:8. If you were on an island and could only bring 3 things, what would you bring?
  • My wife
  • My dog
  • Enough food to keep us alive for the rest of our lives

[Image: urawa4.jpg]
Special thanks to @Sleepy for the signature

On a scale of 1-10: 7.418546100482193661829999167

If I could be someone for 1 day, it'd be xdpark. Just to relive his one day at the quarry.

I play video games, mostly single player now...... and I work.

Memphis Redbirds
Turkey
The Secret Life of Birds
Mr. Tambourine Man by The Byrds

1. Drawing
2. Stabbing
3. Nose Picking
4. Back Scratching
5. Personal Pleasure.

None of it, all of it.

For approximately 11.23 seasons.

I am on an island.

[Image: 336.jpg]

bump

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]