Create Account

S50 Los Angeles Panthers Interested Prospects

Hello S50 prospects!

Back in S47, after a few seasons of middling results, we went with the decision to go in a younger direction and start a retool. Our goal was to be back in the playoffs by S50, and we have surpassed that goal by making the playoffs this season on the backs of our strong young players. We want to continue this growth, and our stock of picks we have this draft should help! We currently own two 1st's, two 2nd's and a pick in each subsequent round. We want to make good use of these, so fill out the questions below and tell us why we should pick you!

Code:
What is your player name and position?

Do you have a preferred player render? (Panthers get the privilege of Wasty sigs)

What are your goals for your player? What's important to you and what would you like to experience during your time in the SHL?

What interests you about the Panthers?

From 1-5, how interested are you in being drafted by us? (Be honest about it)

Is there anybody on the team that you're familiar with?

How active would you say you've been thus far in the SHL, and is there anything that may affect your activity in the future?

Ideally, how long would you wish to stay in the SMJHL?

Briefly tell us a bit about yourself! Are you working or maybe a student? What are some of your hobbies?

If there is anything else you wish to add that we have not asked feel free, and you can also PM Wasty or myself with any questions or comments.

See you on draft day! Cheers

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page
(This post was last modified: 09-15-2019, 12:15 PM by Rich.)

Bobby Lane - Wing

Do you have a preferred player render? (Panthers get the privilege of Wasty sigs)
Patrick Kane

What are your goals for your player? What's important to you and what would you like to experience during your time in the SHL?
No specific player goals yet. I want to get a little bit into his career before I start setting goals. I'm just hoping to build a good offensively focused player. Having a good locker room, and winning are important to me.

Good group of guys, from what I know. I have a lot of respect for Wasty as a GM and coach. I think LA has the best branding in the league.

Which ever one is the most. 1, 5?

A bunch of people I'm a bit familiar with. Played with Argar in Minny for a bit. Played for Jedi when he was GM in Kelowna. Enigmatic was in the same draft class as me playing in Kelowna.

How active would you say you've been thus far in the SHL, and is there anything that may affect your activity in the future?
Pretty active, I'd say. I don't really have a big forum presence, but I plan to get all the TPE I can, with the exception of pbps. You can listen to me and adamantium bs about the league mostly weekly on our podcast.

Hard to say. I played 4 seasons on my first player. I'd like to play fewer than 4 with this guy.

Briefly tell us a bit about yourself! Are you working or maybe a student? What are some of your hobbies?
I'm a bit older than the league average, I think. I work pretty regular hours. I'm into PC and xbox games. I'm a new Chicago Blackhawks fan, and a Minnesota Vikings fan. I'm just starting to get into music with adamantium's help.

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!

Tom Fiddler - Center

Tyler Bertuzzi

I want to be an effective center everywhere on the ice. I just want to see what the SHL has to offer, my time with the militia has been great

Nothing in particular, i don't know any team Smile

Drafted 5, drafted specifically by any team 1

Not to my knowledge

I usually catch up on TPE once a week but I'm fairly active in discord when I can be all week.

I'm not in any hurry to leave the Militia, but I can go with the flow.

Im 28, no kids, no wife, I'm a software developer, I live in West Michigan drinking craft beer all day long. I enjoy boxing, hiking, biking, metal music, some video games, and board games

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

Ian Venables - Goalie

Joey Daccord

I really want to win some challenge cups, and maybe steal some games along the way.

I don't have a lot of context in the SHL yet, so I don't know a great deal. Y'all got a nice uniform, and from what I could see in your roster page you guys might be hitting your prime at the same time as me.

3-ish probably. You guys have a lot of top goalies who aren't much older than me, so I'm not super sure that there's a place for me here. If for whatever reason my conclusions are wrong, let's talk!

I know Toivo and Stavros from the Armada locker room.

Like 8/10 so far. I'm in my last year of school, so my LR activity will wax and wane throughout the year, but I don't anticipate missing any updates.

My anticipated schedule is to play my full 4 seasons in Juniors, then 2-3 transition seasons until I take over an SHL starter position.

I'm a mechanical engineering student currently. I really like playing music on the side, video games, I DM tabletop games. I'm a pretty simple guy mostly. Overall I really like liking things, positivity is the best.

[Image: EsVSFns.png][Image: uzmDXiJ.png]
Sigs by @Carpy48 and @tweedledunn

Just wanna kick some ass!

Seriously though, I chose the pass-first center assuming that shooting centers would be all over and I wanted to be a bit different. Have had a great time with it in Anaheim (fortunate for me the were super short on centers). Realistically I'm here to have fun between sims and build the best player I can. Would I love to have the best center in the league? Sure! But I won't say it's my only aspiration. Winning a cup at some point would be really nice though.

I really don't know much about any of the SHL teams so treating everyone pretty equally at this point.

I'm going with a 3. Again - as a first time rookie I don't have any biases for any particular teams at this point, good or bad. I probably care most about the LR than any other one thing - so if it's a good group of people I'll be happy.

I think the only one I have talked with is Wasty (unless their username is different on discord). But Wasty is awesome, so I think that's good enough

Very active. I've got a desk job and do most of my SHL'ing Mon-Fri 9-5 sort of thing, but keep a close eye on stuff in the afternoons and weekends too. Don't see anything changing that at this point.

I guess it all depends on team needs. I expect to be down for at least a few more season and stock up on TPE so when I do get called up I can hold my own. I've got no problem at all playing 3-5 seasons in the J. Anaheim has been great to me so far and I don't expect that to change.

I've got one or two decades on most of the people I've talked to here, but quite active nonetheless. As I mentioned above I work full time. I'm also a Tesla nerd (that's how I know Wasty - we've taken over the Dad's Discord chat a few times). Oh yeah - I'm a dad to two girls as well. Also an avid Caps fan and season ticket holder. Need anything else? Just ask! ThiefOfCheese#0881

[Image: thiefofcheese.gif]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] 

Sig credit: Ragnar, Carpy48, High Stick King

Bump for visibility

Quote:What is your player name and position?

Hariken Urawa - RW for the Colorado Raptors Raptors

Quote:Do you have a preferred player render? (Panthers get the privilege of Wasty sigs)

Nick Suzuki

Quote:What are your goals for your player? What's important to you and what would you like to experience during your time in the SHL?

I want Hariken to have a long career, ideally with one team that he wins multiple Challenge Cups with. I'd like the personal accolades as well - individual awards and a Hall of Fame bid are all what I think of when I think of Hariken in Season 7X. I didn't say this in the other answers I've given to this question, but one thing I'd really like to do also is help Japan establish itself as an IIHF power. We have a lot of great young players and winning a medal with Japan would be something cool.

Outside of the hockey, I want to make some friends from around the world. I don't think it's weird anymore in this day and age to meet lifelong friends that you first encountered online in a community like this. I travel quite a lot for my job, and it would be cool to have friends in every city I go to who I could grab a beer or just hang out with.

Quote:What interests you about the Panthers?

Like some others are saying, I don't know a ton about any of the SHL teams in particular, and I have to say that I would be 100 percent excited to be drafted by any of the teams. That said, I am specifically interested in the Panthers because of where the team is at right now, with some consecutive playoff appearances and an opportunity to be a big part of the team's future over the course of my career. I also think Los Angeles is an awesome city, and @Wasty's sigs are something else. I'd love to see Hariken on one.

Quote:From 1-5, how interested are you in being drafted by us? (Be honest about it)

4. The only reason it isn't 5 is because the 5s are teams that have reached out to me to do a bit more scouting. That's why I'm posting here - because I want to get on your radar. But, honestly, this would easily be a 5 if you want to hit me up and chat a bit further or get to know me more.

Quote:Is there anybody on the team that you're familiar with?

I've seen a lot of names around the site, like @Jedi, Wasty, and @ArGarBarGar, but I don't really think I know anyone on the team personally. If I'm wrong, I apologize. I'm still learning who plays for who.

Quote:How active would you say you've been thus far in the SHL, and is there anything that may affect your activity in the future?

I'm definitely more active on nights and especially weekends because of the nature of my job (lots of travel), but I haven't missed a single PT or TPE opportunity since I've been here. I have the ability to generate both written and video content to make money, and I'm sitting on enough money to get me through next season easily with full equipment, with a plan to add more. I can never say with 100 percent certainty what the future holds, but I'm currently working 60 hour weeks and it hasn't gotten in the way of my activity here.

Quote:Ideally, how long would you wish to stay in the SMJHL?

As long as it makes sense for my team to keep me there. I want Hariken to be a key contributor to the SHL roster in the fullness of time, but I'm patient as long as I understand what the plan for him is and am getting feedback on how I can accelerate my path to the SHL.

Quote:Briefly tell us a bit about yourself! Are you working or maybe a student? What are some of your hobbies?

I'm working right now for a company in the cloud computing space as a solutions architect. I spend a lot of time with my customers and travel quite a bit during the week. On the weekends, I unwind by playing hockey (real or video game) and working on personal tech projects. I've lately been working with Jupyter notebooks and trying to apply machine learning to whatever problems I can think of. I'm trying to get a clean dataset of SHL historical stats so that I can train a model to pick my ideal fantasy team for me, but that's a bit of a ways off with my current level. Still, I enjoy tinkering.

[Image: urawa4.jpg]
Special thanks to @Sleepy for the signature

Rintarou Okabe - C

No preference.

Become a depth player within the organization.

Everything

Just a couple.

5.5/10

4 seasons

Work long hours.

[Image: 336.jpg]

Final bump! If you wanna get our attention now is the time!