Create Account

New SHL Logo?

09-18-2019, 09:47 AMArGarBarGar Wrote: We going to get it for the 50th season? Seems like the perfect time.

It's one of three graphics contests I have planned for S50

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia

That @karey guy made 3 logos that all received wide spread appreciation

09-18-2019, 12:08 PMkarey Wrote: That @karey  guy made 3 logos that all received wide spread appreciation

Shut up karey you beautiful person

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

[Image: wglhtU8.png][Image: 7GRtNbg.png]
[Image: shl.png]
[Image: YabUbT.png]

09-18-2019, 12:13 PMkarey Wrote: [Image: wglhtU8.png][Image: 7GRtNbg.png]
[Image: shl.png]
[Image: YabUbT.png]

Wtf is a seattle

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

09-18-2019, 12:04 PMEggy216 Wrote:
09-18-2019, 09:47 AMArGarBarGar Wrote: We going to get it for the 50th season? Seems like the perfect time.

It's one of three graphics contests I have planned for S50
Just wondering why we will have another contest when the last time the winner (or any of the designs) wasn't chosen and yet we still have an ugly league logo lol. We had plenty of BETTER options and we were told no changes will be made. Very disheartening and made all the work for naught.

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

first karey one pls god

[Image: 3.png]

09-18-2019, 12:24 PMJSS Wrote: first karey one pls god

I like the third one more

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

I always liked the banner concept. The whole "unique logo for each SHL team" never really stuck with me.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

I like these things. New logo would be cool

[Image: first.png]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img][img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img]
Maxime Bouchard
Armada Dragons Info - Updates  Dragons Armada
Richard Dickbutt McFudderdudder II
Armada Info - Updates Armada

09-18-2019, 01:18 PMArGarBarGar Wrote: I always liked the banner concept. The whole "unique logo for each SHL team" never really stuck with me.

Now that we are changing the site accent colours, there is no need to have logo variations. Having a banner and colour change for each team is enough.

09-18-2019, 12:13 PMkarey Wrote: [Image: shl.png]

this one right here officer

[Image: selm.gif]
[Image: sig.gif]

09-18-2019, 12:23 PMWasty Wrote:
09-18-2019, 12:04 PMEggy216 Wrote: It's one of three graphics contests I have planned for S50
Just wondering why we will have another contest when the last time the winner (or any of the designs) wasn't chosen and yet we still have an ugly league logo lol. We had plenty of BETTER options and we were told no changes will be made. Very disheartening and made all the work for naught.
We were going to go with one of the options (Samee's, if anyone's curious) but people still weren't overly satisfied with it and things got caught up in is it better to replace the logo with a better one (that people still didn't think was quite "it") only to replace it in a few seasons, versus revisiting the contest with a little more of an idea what we were doing. We opted for the latter. The plan was to redo the logo contest in S49 so we'd have a new logo for the start of S50, but my own schedule took me away from the site for a week or two and it didn't happen.

The biggest issue last time (I think Tez is the one who said it) was that we ended up with a lot of submissions that looked very "business-y" rather than really reflecting the SHL as a sports league.

[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]

Wasn't Samee's bad?

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

09-18-2019, 06:30 PMArGarBarGar Wrote: Wasn't Samee's bad?

Samee actually won the contest itself.