Create Account

Tampa Bay Hydras

In the New England Wolfpack Team Profile it states that the team was once called the Tampa Bay Hydras, but a quick look at the draft section shows that in S10 they are the Buffalo Thunder and then in S11 they are the Hartford Hydras, skipping the Tampa Bay Hydras completely. So this leads to my question, what is up with the Tampa Bay Hydras, does anyone know why it seems like they were just completely skipped over?

I can think of a few scenarios

1: The Buffalo Thunder became the Tampa Bay Hydras in the middle of the season (seems unlikely to me but early SHL was odd)

2: The Buffalo Thunders became the Tampa Bay Hydras in the offseason, but then became the Hartford Hydras before the draft

3: The draft thread was edited to rename the Tampa Bay Hydras into the Hartford Hydras (probably not true)

4: The Tampa Bay Hydras were never a thing and the Buffalo Thunder became the Hartford Hydras

Hopefully there is a member who remembers the Tampa Bay Hydras and can shine a light on this mystery.

[Image: tumblr_o16n2kBlpX1ta3qyvo1_1280.jpg]

[Image: owenm43.gif]
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]

09-21-2019, 10:57 AMFlareon Wrote: [Image: tumblr_o16n2kBlpX1ta3qyvo1_1280.jpg]

I mean

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: sig-hlemyzd.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Great Falls Grizzlies | Player Page | Update Page

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]
[Image: image.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-21-2019, 11:09 AM by Wasty.)

From what I remember

Buffalo Thunder was the expansion franchise accepted by Jesster but then his goalie was traded back to Calgary in a weird move that had people confused why he even got a expansion team only to go back to Calgary.

They were taken over by (Fer)Nando then moved to Tampa Bay before the season even started and branded
Hydras but the logo was abysmal and everyone hated it.
So then I helped with a better logo to replace the one Fer(Nando) put up but “Hartford Hydras” sounded better and he changed it to Hartford instead of Tampa, once I think Green took over the team (or was Co-GM) the team changed to New England Wolfpack

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

09-21-2019, 11:07 AMWasty Wrote: From what I remember

Buffalo Thunder was the expansion franchise accepted  by Jesster but then his goalie was traded back to Calgary in a weird move that had people confused why he even got a expansion team only to go back to Calgary.

They were taken over by (Fer)Nando then moved to Tampa Bay before the season even started and branded
So then I helped with a better logo to replace the one Fer(Nando) put up but “Hartford Hydras” sounded better and he changed it to Hartford instead of Tampa, once I think Green took over the team (or was Co-GM) the team changed to New England Wolfpack

So the Buffalo Thunder and Tampa Bay Hydras never actually played? Interesting.

Buffalo Thunder was the expansion franchise accepted  by Jesster but then his goalie was traded back to Calgary in a weird move that had people confused why he even got a expansion team only to go back to Calgary.

Almost correct. Me and Nando created it together but the league didnt accept tampa bay and we moved to hartford (basically as im found of double letters in team names). When Nando got in trouble the team looked bad in the eyes of the SHL, so we had to move the team. Worked together on this with Ace and provided the first design from the first logo that i think wasty also cleaned up further.

I then moved on to free agency as there was too much anti-nando stigma still over the franchise, so i never played for NEW despite helping create it. Its why i wanted X.G. to be a NEW only player.

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

09-21-2019, 11:17 AMefiug Wrote:

So the Buffalo Thunder and Tampa Bay Hydras never actually played? Interesting.

Correct

Update Scale

Former players:

Also Jesster got homesick to CGY and bailed on the franchise ^^

Update Scale

Former players:

Wait hol up,, I thought Nando only got his grubby hands on WKP

He was part of NEW too??

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

09-21-2019, 11:33 AMWannabeFinn Wrote: Wait hol up,, I thought Nando only got his grubby hands on WKP

He was part of NEW too??

Guess we’ll just have to burn both franchises down and start over, damn shame

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

09-21-2019, 11:33 AMWannabeFinn Wrote: Wait hol up,, I thought Nando only got his grubby hands on WKP

He was part of NEW too??

Nope the team moved after he got suspended. He was part of pre-new

Update Scale

Former players:

Hail Hydra

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

09-21-2019, 11:40 AMOrbitingDeath Wrote:

He was part of NEW too??

Nope the team moved after he got suspended. He was part of pre-new
Same franchise tho :eyes:

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

Who is this Nando man

[Image: Klaus2.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 09-21-2019, 04:21 PM by MCP_.)

09-21-2019, 03:35 PMNoble Wrote: Who is this Nando man

short story from what I remember:

WKP founder, got arrested for possession of CP

[Image: MCP_.gif]
     [Image: ICON1.png][Image: lions-button-updates.png]