Create Account

Cap Recapture

If we wanted to keep a semblance of realism, in my opinion contract lengths should be capped (and it wouldn't even have to be like the NHL, for example I think flam's 15 season contract is silly but isn't a meme, so something around 15-20 seasons, which is still out there).

If not, then I guess let the teams meme if they want but I personally am not a fan of it.

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

09-23-2019, 01:37 PMFuzzSHL Wrote:
09-23-2019, 01:32 PMZombiewolf Wrote: No Fun League

In a league that takes shitposting as serious as it does, it makes no sense that players are able to sign the most ridiculous contracts and teams incur zero penalty for doing so. People get reprimanded for posting a well known copypasta on their friend's media post, but signing for 69 seasons is somehow a thing that we let happen because "well we've got to let fun be a thing"? Come on.

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: blurrybad.jpg] [Image: zomboy3.png]
Thank you Brandon, Fish, GeckoeyGecko, Karey, Kit, takethehorizon, and Ragnar for the sigs!
[Image: Pw202QP.jpeg]

Player Page || Update page

But it leaves us all the smidge of hope that one of them goes inactive and it kills Grapehead forever.

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

09-23-2019, 01:56 PMKeygan Wrote: But it leaves us all the smidge of hope that one of them goes inactive and it kills Grapehead forever.

It’d still be my fault. Duh.

[Image: Wally.png]

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2019, 02:24 PM by Samsung virtual assistant.)

09-23-2019, 01:47 PMWannabeFinn Wrote:
09-23-2019, 01:44 PMFuzzSHL Wrote: The salaries are both within the standard and don't provide an edge, correct. I was just trying to provide an example of how one of these contracts could really fuck a team up if things go south. Want to offer a contract that gets you signed as long as the longest tenured player ever? Sure, take the risk. It's on you. Offer a contract longer than the league has even existed??

I don't know what the perfect season cap would be, but I think having no season cap presents a risk that could really screw someone over for a very long time.

I mean, the worst case scenario would be the GM releases these players with a 50% cap penalty for a single season. It’s not like if either of these players were to go completely MIA that SFP would actually be stuck with 60+ seasons of dead weight.

TBF should be a 50% cap penalty for every season bought out and not just one.

Or wait is that how it works already?

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

09-23-2019, 02:22 PMスウェグキング Wrote:
09-23-2019, 01:47 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: I mean, the worst case scenario would be the GM releases these players with a 50% cap penalty for a single season. It’s not like if either of these players were to go completely MIA that SFP would actually be stuck with 60+ seasons of dead weight.

TBF should be a 50% cap penalty for every season bought out and not just one.

AFAIK it’s only a 50% cap penalty for the season in which you release the player. The next season it’s off the books entirely. But maybe I’m wrong? Not really a whole lot of instances in which a player with considerable term and $ has been released.

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

09-23-2019, 02:26 PMWannabeFinn Wrote:
09-23-2019, 02:22 PMスウェグキング Wrote: TBF should be a 50% cap penalty for every season bought out and not just one.

AFAIK it’s only a 50% cap penalty for the season in which you release the player. The next season it’s off the books entirely. But maybe I’m wrong? Not really a whole lot of instances in which a player with considerable term and $ has been released.

It's every season, I ate 2m on Allen for like 2 and a half seasons.

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-23-2019, 02:28 PM by Samsung virtual assistant.)

09-23-2019, 02:26 PMWannabeFinn Wrote:
09-23-2019, 02:22 PMスウェグキング Wrote: TBF should be a 50% cap penalty for every season bought out and not just one.

Ooooh right thats for inactives, Active players are still 50% each season

Code:
Active players can be released from their contracts, but the releasing team will take a cap hit each season equal to half of the player's salary for that season.

Inactive players can be released from their contract with no penalty to the releasing team.

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

09-23-2019, 01:45 PMNaosu Wrote: It does ruin the RP factor to a degree. If everyone started doing this it wouldn't look great in my opinion. Contracts should last as long as a player will reasonably expect to be useful to their team.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of things that break the sense of immersion. One of the reasons I was drawn to the SHL in the first place was the cool idea of living life as a player in a pro league. I like things that reinforce that illusion, and dislike things that take away from it.

This isn't as bad as players named Pubert McFart or whatever, but it's still not great.

As for the punishment, I'm pretty against any sentence that will drag down a team long after the GM that transgressed is gone.

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno

09-23-2019, 02:27 PMKeygan Wrote:
09-23-2019, 02:26 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: AFAIK it’s only a 50% cap penalty for the season in which you release the player. The next season it’s off the books entirely. But maybe I’m wrong? Not really a whole lot of instances in which a player with considerable term and $ has been released.

It's every season, I ate 2m on Allen for like 2 and a half seasons.
Lol SFP really is fucked then if they go MIA

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2019, 09:36 PM by Eggy216.)

09-23-2019, 01:34 PMArGarBarGar Wrote: Cap recapture was meant to punish teams that front-loaded their contracts to an absurd degree, so I do not see this as being the right solution.

That's how I personally view the whole thing too. Since we don't have an AAV system I don't feel like signing people to long contracts should really be prevented. If team and player want to sign 69 years at 4/5m then so be it.

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia

This is a good discussion

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

“Inactive players can be released from their contract with no penalty to the releasing team.”

So I think this is an interesting point. While I think this is in place so that you can sign people to fill roster spots, it does open the door for there to be no risk in situations where ridiculously long contracts are signed. There’s is a lot of this site that needs to be for fun, but this looks like a gap in that system where GMs don’t be have any incentive not to sign these deals really. Don’t think that any of the long recent contracts, be it Flareon, Infidel, Vin or Flow, were examples of GMs taking advantage of players though

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

Damnit, he's on to me

Battleborn  Finland     [Image: QwTZD8C.png]   [Image: uJXrVDL.png]  [Image: iemKOIk.png]     Finland  Battleborn

[Image: ecaJZ6D.jpg]
[Image: flowseidon.gif]
[Image: PRedauw.png]

@Naosu I think we need to fight because we use the same render

Battleborn  Finland     [Image: QwTZD8C.png]   [Image: uJXrVDL.png]  [Image: iemKOIk.png]     Finland  Battleborn

[Image: ecaJZ6D.jpg]
[Image: flowseidon.gif]
[Image: PRedauw.png]