Create Account

S50 Top-100 SHL Players

09-24-2019, 10:25 AMBoucherFan12 Wrote:
09-24-2019, 06:16 AMMayuu Wrote: That's not how it works. The spreadsheet has all the players submitted. Next step is for all the graders to look at each player and put a score between 40-99 based on last three seasons performance.
See below.

[Image: Screenshot_20190924-121147__01.jpg]

As you can see theres only spots for a certain amount of players in each category. The grading differ from each person ofc. Some people thinks hits are important, some don't.

When all lists are submitted an average is created for each player and the top list is created.

So what do the numbers next to each season represent and what does the grade under the name represent? The number of votes? The averaged grade they got?

The numbers represent an average rating based on the voters who voted for that particular season.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

09-24-2019, 09:31 AMArGarBarGar Wrote:
09-24-2019, 09:30 AMGrapehead Wrote: What do you think would be the optimal number of voters?

Over 6. Ideally 8 which really gives a better sample size.

Hard to get people to volunteer though. Going through 140+ players every offseason and grading them is a pain in the ass to work through.

I mean, if you want another person, I’m interested. I don’t know that there is a perfect way to do this, but if more voices is the answer, I’d be happy to contribute

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

where i

Former
SHL Head Commissioner S12ish-S27ish
GM Dragons S8 & S9 (Won cups both years)
2x GM Of The Year
5 Time Cup Winner
League MVP

Past Players
[Image: HOF2.png] D - Aidan Richan - [Image: HOF2.png] (S5 11th Overall) Dragons
[Image: HOF2.png] C - Chico Salmon - [Image: HOF2.png] (S17 1st overall)  Renegades

Current Player
D - Chico Smeb (S46)

SMJHL - Drafted 65th Overall by Raptors
SHL - Drafted 23rd Overall by Dragons