Simulation Hockey League
S47 PT #2 - Audio Gameplan - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: SHL Player Progression (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+---- Forum: PT Archive (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=564)
+---- Thread: S47 PT #2 - Audio Gameplan (/showthread.php?tid=95844)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: S47 PT #2 - Audio Gameplan - Thunfish - 05-04-2019

Yoshimitsu woke up to a rather unusual sight. It was around five in the morning. He yawned, rubbing his eyes. As his field of sight returned, he started to scan his room... only to find that his sister was, at that exact moment, holding his agent hostage, a knife to Omelette's throat. He realized he wasn't wearing his usual helmet: the night had been hotter than usual and he decided to rest with some proper sleep instead of his early ninjitsu training. But he had only really realized it once he noticed that Omelette had a blush on her face and his voice came out unfiltered.

Yoshimitsu McCloud: Yawn... good morning...
Omelette Robotnik: G-g-good m-morning!
Kunimitsu McCloud: Yoshi, I found this girl snooping around our apartment!
YmC: Huh. Where's everyone else?
KmC: Mostly training, although Takimitsu said she was going to go for a walk instead. I've been holding this one up for half an hour.
OR: C-C-Can you please tell her to let me sit down? I-I-I'm not made for s-s-standing up for long!
YmC: Kuni, you can let her go. She's my agent.
KmC: Oh, that nutter that goes around with you for some reason even after you told her to stop?
OR: I-I-I'm not a nutter, you b-

Kunimitsu gave her a harder tug, pressing her against the wall.

KmC: You wandered into a ninja den-
YmC: Apartment.
KmC: -a Ninja apartment, choose your words wisely.
OR: U-U-Understood...

The kunoichi let her go. Omelette, instead of running for the door like anyone saner, sat in front of his computer, turning it on and working on it.

YmC: Uh... what are you doing?
OR: I've noticed that you haven't done your task as an Assistant Captain lately.
YmC: I've done the handshaking thing these past games now, pretty sure that's everything.
OR: Nope. There's also organizational stuff: they requested that key figures of the team choose three music tracks for the team's playlist during games.
YmC: Huh... I remember this not really going well last time.
OR: There was one last time?
YmC: Kind of. Back when Dzelme played with us, he made me do the team's training playlist. They weren't very fond of it, though.
OR: Hm... well, I guess we can't just repeat that then.
KmC: Why are you here this early to talk about that, however? Non-ninjas seem to dislike waking up early.
OR: Oh, I didn't sleep. I was too busy repairing some inventions... plus, I needed to figure out a way to get here. Hope you'll let me leave through the door, don't think my Egg-Jet has enough fuel to go down safely.

Yoshimitsu got up from bed, noticing a jet pack that apparently was on the agent before she got held up by his sister.

YmC: That looks... interesting. Well... what are you going to have them play on our games then?
OR: I was looking at the uniforms your team wears. Figured I could do one for their California-based unis... Ah, here we go. How about... the Gipsy Kings' cover of Eagles' Hotel California for a game opener?
KmC: It's a bit slow, isn't it?
OR: It was in a pretty good movie, people will probably like it! We need to think of the image here, both for your team and McCloud if he wants to go up to the pros.
YmC: I imagine we'll need one for goals and wins... Ooh, how about the Good, the Bad-
OR: Can't. Gibbles picked that one up already.
YmC: Huh... you'd think his girlfriend would help him out with that sort of stuff.
OR: I-I-I'm certain she did.

The genius flustered a bit more, but McCloud didn't notice it.

OR: C-C-Could you wear something, Yoshimitsu?
YmC: O-Oh! M-My bad.

He darted off to get dressed. Kunimitsu kept her eyes on the self-proclaimed agent.

OR: Well, we need a goal track... hmmm... Alright, I got it! Jean Louis used to have this play a lot back when he played that damned skateboarding game... California Babylon by the Transplants, it'd give the team a bit of a rough, experienced look. Plus, if a rookie scores, we could have California Kids by Weezer play instead.
KmC: I'm liking the theme here. Plus, Yoshi loves Weezer.
OR: Does he? Didn't know he had a favourite band.
YmC: Oh, I do! I actually watched them in Coachella a while back.
OR: How was it?
YmC: Well, I had to skip past security to watch them play but it was fun.
KmC: The food there was great as well, remember?
YmC: Oh, yeah. Bit of a shame we had to tie the guy selling those hot dogs to the ceiling so he wouldn't freak out but still.
OR: I also got the perfect song for when you score, Yoshimitsu.

The trio looked at the screen... and what was playing.

YmC: ...I'm not Sub-Zero. I'm Yoshimitsu.
KmC: Hold on, I think I know a better one...

The kunoichi typed something on the keyboard and then pressed Enter to find... this.

YmC: That... sounds more like me, I guess.
KmC: I know, right?
OR: Fine... adding this to your suggestion. Now, we need a song for the end of the game...
YmC: We can't add the Good, the Bad-
OR: NO!
KmC: Hmmm... maybe...
OR: I got it. People once suggested changing the national anthem with this, I think it'll work out.
KmC: Huh? That sounds curious.
YmC: Yeah, let's see!

Omelette soon found the music she wanted for their victory track.

YmC: Wouldn't that fit San Francisco better?
OR: Eh, Anaheim is close enough if you ask me.
YmC: No further complaints.
KmC: Yeah, send it!
OR: F-Fine... uh...

The two could hear a loud stomach growl.

OR: D-D-Do you guys mind if I stay for breakfast? I-I-I'm kinda really hungry right now...
KmC: If your stomach can handle a ninja omelette, sure.
YmC: ...no pun intended.

RE: S47 PT #2 - Audio Gameplan - Bayley - 05-04-2019

NSFL PT - Bayleyisland

RE: S47 PT #2 - Audio Gameplan - BarnabasCollins - 05-04-2019

So the Dragons Kata Vilde needed something to "snap" the team out of it's doldrums so he snuck into the media office and secretly replaced all the music files.  Having always been interested in music and computers he was able to bypass the Big Parm state of the art system and reduce the music choices to 10 total songs which would play at random whenever other buttons were pressed. What mindless deviant music did he choose? The Wrestling Album the WWE put out in 1985 of course. The following tracks are now all that can be found anywhere in the Parms system:

The Wrestlers - "Land of a Thousand Dances".
Junkyard Dog - "Grab Them Cakes"
Rick Derringer - "Real American"
Jimmy Hart - "Eat Your Heart Out, Rick Springfield"
"Captain" Lou Albano and George "The Animal" Steele - "Captain Lou's History of Music/Captain Lou"
WWF All-Stars - "Hulk Hogan's Theme"
"Rowdy" Roddy Piper - "For Everybody"
"Mean" Gene Okerlund - "Tutti Frutti"
Hillbilly Jim - "Don't Go Messin' with a Country Boy"
Nikolai Volkoff - "Cara Mia"

He probably should have chosen a different theme since it will be quite obvious to all who the culprit was but in the end watching the look on everyone's faces as Land of a Thousand dances came blaring over the speakers was totally worth it. Here's a little sample to bring back all those wonderful memories of the 1980s and the WWE superstars! (Bonus: Check out Meatloaf on the drums)

RE: S47 PT #2 - Audio Gameplan - Shadowz1797 - 05-04-2019

PBE PT

RE: S47 PT #2 - Audio Gameplan - fever95 - 05-04-2019

[Image: 9GS0A30.png]

RE: S47 PT #2 - Audio Gameplan - Otrebor13 - 05-04-2019

Well, apparently the players have to put together their team's own music suggestions. Not sure I get paid enough to carry Jax Duggan, play my own game and now do the music for the Whalers. But hey, TPE right?

1. Entrance Song: Eminem - Lose Yourself Instrumental

When it comes to music, it is absolutely instrumental that it is used to pump up the team right before any game gets underway. And, as typical as it might be, what's more uplifting for a team than Eminem's Lose Yourself? Right before the Whalers step foot on the ice the instrumental of Lose Yourself will play and the crowd will go absolutely nuts.

2. Goal Song: U2 - Vertigo

Another vital point in a game is when your team scores a goal. You want the building to absolutely erupt and have a great song playing right after the goal horn goes off. I don't know if there's a better song for this than U2's Vertigo. Right after the horn the song will get going and it should do wonders in getting every Whalers' fan out of their seat!

3. Winning Song: Queen - Another One Bites the Dust

Lastly after a win, you need a song to play while the losing team skates off the ice, and what better than Queen's Another One Bites the Dust? With the Whalers absolutely dominant on home ice, there's no better song to play after they beat another victim that comes in to their rink.

The combination of these songs at a home game are sure to bring emotion, passion and excitement to the players and the fans alike, and I believe it is going to make the atmosphere in the rink for home games loud and make it one of the harder arenas to play in.

RE: S47 PT #2 - Audio Gameplan - Muford - 05-04-2019

http://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/index.php?showtopic=6261&view=findpost&p=76868

welfare.

RE: S47 PT #2 - Audio Gameplan - Scrufdaddy - 05-04-2019

This audio plan is for my team, the Winnipeg Jets.

Song 1:
It might never happen, but I've got a goal song lined up for ya boy Slip McScruff.  It's a nice 15 second clip from "Little Deuce Coupe" by the Beach Boys starting at 49 seconds.  The lyrics for that part are as follows:

She's got a competition clutch with the four on the floor
And she purrs like a kitten till the lake pipes roar
And if that ain't enough to make you flip your lid
There's one more thing, I got the pink slip daddy

https://youtu.be/NwgGuadsqyo?t=49

The idea here is to drive audience participation around the personality that is Slip McScruff.  The competition clutch and lake pipes roar somewhat fit the competition of the game and the pipes of the goal, however the main attraction is the line where the instruments drop out and the whole crowd can cheer "I got the pink slip daddy". After that part, we'll just go crazy with horns or some shit to carry the feeling.

Song 2:
I've got a victory song lined up, which is the infectious tune "Jump in the Line" by Harry Belafonte. Unlike the previous song where I try to use the lyrics a bit, this song is just a good time. When we snag a victory at home, we want the crowd to groove to a lighthearted, carefree jam. We're definitely in an underdog position, but this is the kind of seed I want to plant now so that it grows into a great tradition when we're rebuilt.

Song 3:
We've got a few heavy hitters on our lineup (looking at you, Gary Grease), and I want a musical tradition that leans into that. To that end, I want to meme the saxophone riff from "Who Can It Be Now?" by Men at Work. Whenever our meat grinders land a big hit, or the game starts getting chippy, I want to provoke the opposing team with the saxophone riff, asking who can it be now, knocking at my door.

RE: S47 PT #2 - Audio Gameplan - chetib - 05-04-2019

Chicago approached the team this year with a request to players to provide songs for different events during the game. Unfortunately Chicago was unaware of Tibuk's previous ban from Anaheim from choosing music. He therefor selected the following songs for each event

Goal song: Maniac

This iconic number will strike fear into their opponents. The overpowering and infectious rhythms will have the opponents cheering for another goal against them

Penalty: Feel so good

"Bad, Bad, Bad, Bad boys you make me feel so goooooooooddd"

Game Win: My heart will go on

A nod to the other team who have lost here in Chicago. While we appreciate your valiant effort never forget and appreciate you courage to press on. Good luck in your following games and we can't wait to see you again. <3

Game Lose: Like a candle in the Wind

Elton Johns classic will give solace to the those brave ice warriors who gave everything they had and left it all on the ice. It may hurt but we can pick up again and continue onto the next battle!

In completely related news Tibuk Soonika has been sent down to the Anaheims Outlaws for the foreseeable future.

RE: S47 PT #2 - Audio Gameplan - bbjygm - 05-04-2019

[Image: 98Tk2qS.png]

RE: S47 PT #2 - Audio Gameplan - NJBadApple - 05-04-2019

There's nothing like an exciting and motivating soundtrack to not only get the team in tune, but get the fans going as well. There's a few songs we'll be using this season in Texas, starting with our pre-game song:

Eminem - Renegade

This one kind of goes without saying, and you probably should've expected it. As we're finishing up lacing our skates & putting out the starting lineup, we'll be using this to get us truly ready for the next 60 minutes.

DOOP

I can't really provide an answer as to why we're going to use this, but it's fucking badass. Behold, our glorious goal song in all of it's glory. Paying homage to Gritty the only way we know how.

Europe - The Final Countdown

Ah yes, what a classic for hockey video games everywhere. This will be used as we enter into an overtime setting during the intermission after the horn blows for the 3rd period.

Code:
Words: 160 or so

RE: S47 PT #2 - Audio Gameplan - BWIII - 05-04-2019

NSFL PT

RE: S47 PT #2 - Audio Gameplan - Serpe x 13 - 05-04-2019

The first song I would choose would be drip too hard by Gunna and Lil Baby. This would be the pre game song and allow for the opposing team to know that we are going to win, and we are going to win in style. The other pre game song I would choose is Never Needed No Help by Lil Baby, this song name speaks for itself and shows that our team made it on its own and we didn’t need help from anyone else to win games.

The final song I would choose is Blonde by Kip Moore. After we win the game, we want to showcase our talent in front of all the single blondes and to meet them after the game and have a good time.

Management might not like that decision so a backup song would be We are the champions. Who can go wrong with a classic song that shows that a team is truly a winner.

RE: S47 PT #2 - Audio Gameplan - CptSquall - 05-04-2019

[Image: 9wfljG8.png]

RE: S47 PT #2 - Audio Gameplan - ml002 - 05-04-2019

Toronto is the mecca of hockey and the lights don't get any brighter for a hockey player than a home game in Toronto so for the introductions we will play All Of The Lights by Kanye West to get the crowd in to the intro skate.

After that we'll get the crowd pumped up before the puck drop with Welcome to the Breakdown by Rise Against to really get the crowd going and rocking before the action gets going.

In between puck drops we can play Nonstop by Toronto native Drake, The Sound Of Winter by BUSH and so more variety of pop songs of the current times.

The goal song will be the chorus of The Man by The Killers for its beat and excellent sound around the player who scored.