TASK THREE:

[Image: 43fec7-1467453675.jpg]

TASK FOUR:

[Image: 44babd-1467452725.jpg]

[Image: McZehrl.png]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!

sweet holdplacer

hewoe
[Image: 0OAAUwi.png]

Eh

TASK ONE: (worth 3 TPE)

Travis Kudleychuk lines up against Chester Cunningham for the faceoff in Minnesota's zone. With a quick lift of Cunningham's stick, Kudleychuk sends the puck to Lord Pretty Flacko on the wing. He carries it into the neutral zone and sends a saucer pass across the ice, just escaping enemy sticks, right onto the tape of Chernika Banananov as she enters the Toronto zone. She then takes the puck to the hash marks along the boards and moves in towards the high slot, firing a shot that is deflected by Kudleychuk but blocked by Cynthia Taylor. The puck bounces in the opposite direction and finds Pretty Flacko's tape. He lets a shot go and Harter makes the pad save, sending the puck up to the point and Chuck Goody collects it. He skates in, winds up for the shot, and then makes a quick pass to Banananov across the ice for a one time and a goal!!!
TASK TWO: (worth 3 TPE)

Pedro Sarantez has been among the SHL's top players for many seasons now. Unsurprisingly, his S29 was among the best in the league. He started the season with the Chiefs, scoring 25 points in 26 games, with 14 goals. He was a major part of the Chiefs' team, playing nearly 28 minutes per game. But, as per request, the team captain was traded in a surprise move that saw him move to Edmonton. While his role was reduced, he was relied on as an offensive force. Although he was playing five less minutes per game, his offensive output went through the roof. He scored 15 goals and 32 points in just 23 games which placed him among the top point producers in the league.

He would carry this success into the playoffs, helping the Blizzard pull off a first round win before falling to the Dragons in the conference finals. In thirteen games, he picked up 4 goals, a team leading 14 points, and a plus 4 rating. Unfortunately for him, this was not enough to get Edmonton into the finals to defend the cup.
TASK THREE: (worth 3 TPE)

Game twos of the first round usually aren't so important. But in the case of the Chiefs-North Stars match-up in the first round of the playoffs, game two helped to define the entire series. This was a match-up between the first place Chiefs, owners of the best record in the SHL, and the North Stars, a team with a long tradition of being underachievers. But, for a short time, this was forgotten. After handily beating Minnesota by a score of 6-2 in game one, game two was huge for both teams as the underdog North Stars looked to take a big advantage in the series while the Chiefs looked to take away momentum.

However, it was Toronto that appeared to be in control early, scoring three unanswered goals in the first period alone. They refused to let up as Minnesota looked helpless on the ice, unable to muster up a counter attack. This poor play on the part of the Chiefs continues throughout the game as Toronto completely dominated. Led by Adam Kylrad's two goals, Toronto managed to outshine their opponents by a whopping 41 shots to 21 and pull off a 6-1 beat down. The Chiefs would drastically improve the next two games but it was not enough to even steal one game away as the North Stars managed a four game sweep of the favored Chiefs.

TASK FOUR: (worth 3 TPE)

The Chiefs have won the Challenge Cup! Champagne was consumed excessively in the locker room as everyone took a sip (or two, or ten) from the cup. After the drunken interviews, the entire team went out to a club in Minneapolis and rented the entire venue out. If you think you've seen a party, you ain't seen nothing because this was the party of a lifetime. Whatever you want, you get it. Drugs, alcohol, girls, guys (for Scotty Reay), and, most importantly, the best teammates everrrrrr. For Lord Pretty Flacko, it was a chance to finally binge on cocaine, a practice he stopped doing during the season. He was literally bouncing off the walls, screaming, crying, drinking, fucking, pissing all over the floor near the bathroom, and even grabbing the mic from the DJ and freestyling. It was the night of his life! He felt so good, he could fucking fly. So what did he do? He climbed up to the top floor and up the ladder to the roof. Taking off his shirt and acting as if it were a cape, he proclaimed to the world "LORD PRETTY FLACKO JODYE STEPPED UP IN THIS PIECE" and jumped.

Then, he woke up. He stumbled his way into his living room, downed a glass of bourbon, and rewatched the miserable series the Chiefs stumbled through against the North Stars. "I guess there's always next season..."

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]

It's game seven of the Eastern Conference Finals and we were heading into overtime, all the chips are one the table as the Toronto North Stars look to take one step further in their quest to rid their Challenge Cup curse, which is now approaching 30, I repeat, 30, seasons. For Hamilton, this is another day in the park, they are used to the pressure and used to playing extra games every season, it's almost an expectation that the Steelhawks make the Finals every year. It's been a rollercoaster series thus far, and now back to the action as Griffin Simons lines up at center ice across from Pierre-Luc LaFlamme.

Simons takes the draw and passes it cross ice to his butt buddy Rider Clitsome, who accelerates up the ice, exploding past the tired legs of the Stars defense....he threads a beautiful pass over open ice to Simons, who launches a slapshot at Toronto's stalwart goalie Mark Harter, the hero of their thrashing in round one of Minnesota, and he easily snags it glove hand, laughing at Simons and yelling "With that kind of aim, I dont know how Rider hasn't dumped you yet."

Resident emotional Stars player on his period Andrey Barbashev lines up at center ice, with Dean "Beavis" Colt staring at him with a face that even a mother couldn't love. Barbashev yells squirrel as the ref drops the puck and Colt jumps two feet in the air like a hippo out of water scanning for the squirrel, its a good distraction and Barbashev skates around the special case that is Dean and fires a wrister...

Harter kicks it away, but Clitsome darts in like a ninja on roller skates and backhands the rebound top shelf....ANOTHER SAVE, Harter is toying with the Steelhawks. Just embarassing.

BUT WAIT OH NO HARTER DROPPED THE PUCK AND THE CLUELESS REF CLEARLY PAID OFF BY HAMILTON HASNT BLOWN THE WHISTLE AND AN UNGUARDED GRIFFIN FUCKBOY SIMONS TAPS THE LOOSE PUSSY, I MEAN PUCK, INTO THE NET AND THE STEELHAWKS WIN!!!

- Minnesota Chiefs destroyed all competition in the regular season, a real bull in the china shop, and alot of that was due to the aggressive backstopping of the Swedish Sweg Monster Robert Andersson who posted a league leading 31 wins. He was masterful, he was sexy, he fucked all the bitches and did it raw, he gave no fucks and no one questioned his authority. He drank beer and bought beard oil and lived like a king.

But then something happened and that motherfucker shit the bed one morning and decided not to play hockey anymore. That morning was the morning of the playoffs where he allowed 29 goals and lost four straight games in a devastatingly awful performance. After the series he was reported as being suicidal after all his bitches left him for more successful players like Gil Lemar and his own teammates disowned him. Robert even lost the copyright to his nickname #Sweg, and has since been put into the cage of shame.

It's unclear why his performance dipped so much, and part of it was certainly a lack of support ,especially from defenseman Alonzo <a href='index.php?showuser=1352' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>ArGarBarGar</a> Garbanzo, who was another player with a good regular season that shit the bed and decided hockey wasn't for him.

Written: Choose what you think is a pivotal moment in any of the series’ so far, and flip it on it’s head. What happens if one team loses a game seven instead of wins? What happens if one goal isn’t scored, or is? How does the playoffs change, and how does the series change? (200 words.)

Graphic: Create a mockup of the front page of a newspaper with the result of what you think the most important game in the playoffs has been so far. You will not be marked on what the article says, if you choose to include the article. Feel free to write nonsense, you’ll be graded on the overall look of the mockup.

Well this a stupid prompt, given my player didn't win the cup, and therefore its also cruel and unusual punishment. I should expect nothing less from the current progression regime in place. But thankfully I've won four cups, so I know what it's like. First thing I'd do is tag all my bitch ass loser friends in an instagram post with a picture of myself on a date with challenge cup, so they could get jealous. Then i'd fill it with beer and drown myself in a shower of drunkenness until I blacked out, and then I'd wake up in a stupor, wake up my sexy ass hoe girl next to me, fuck her tits and then cum all over the challenge cup.

After that I'd strap chally into my convertible 68 camaro and drive through downtown los angeles so people could get jealous and acknowledge my greatness. I'd take photos, but only with hot chicks, I'd discriminate hardcore. Extra points if they show their tits. Of course this is if Daniel Merica won, because if Scotty Reay wins he would donate it to charity because he is undeserving and sucks at life. Was this too graphic? I have a dirty mind with no filter, youre welcome.

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.

Task 1

Here we are folks, overtime in Game 7 of the eastern conference final between the Toronto North Stars and the Hamilton Steelhawks.

This has been quite the series so far, both teams deserve this one heading into this overtime period, but only one can come away victorious.
Let’s get this overtime under way…the teams line up for the draw, and Simons for the Steelhawks wins the draw and McKeil controls it in the North Stars end, Black is streaking in the right side wing and is looking for the puck from McKeil, Black fakes a slapshot from the slot and puts a slap pass off the boards to Clitsome on the other side of the net…

Clitsome down to one knee with the one-timer off the boards…but Harter is there for a great post to post slide save, but the puck comes off his pad back to the high slot where McKeil fights it away from the Toronto defence, let’s an off balance shot go towards Harter…

Misses the net, but Simons digs hard at it to pick up the loose puck behind the net, gets it back to the line where Ziepins dances that blue line, back to Simmons on the half wall, shot…

Harter is there again with that big right leg, puck bounces to Clitsome right in the slot…

What a save by Harter!! With another big rebound and Harter is now out of position while there is a scramble behind the net for it, Clitsome picks it back up, rings it around the boards where Ziepins is holding it at the blue line, let’s a seeing eye snapshot go…

Simons with the tip…AND ITS OVER!! Harter can’t find the puck off the tip, and the Steelhawks just punched their ticket to the finals with a goal just under three minutes into this overtime in game 7!

It looked as though Harter would steal this game for the North Stars, but the constant pressure from Hamiltion proved to be too much!
Code:
334 words

Task 2

Me being a former Impact, I love to follow and watch how old friends are doing around the league, and I can think of no better role model then Adam Falk of the Toronto North Stars.

Falk’s regular season stats aren’t anything to shake a stick at from a fantasy point, but look a little deeper past the 37 points in 50 games, 7 penalty minutes. Playing 20 minutes per game and only 7 penalty minutes?! That’s crazy! This is the reason you pick and let a guy carry a team for you, who is not only responsible for being a top player, but to protect his team from being handicap for any part of the game.

Then you take a look at how the playoffs went for him, much of the same? You’d be very incorrect! Average minutes increased to around 27 minutes per game, so you’d expect maybe a few more penalty minutes…how about none through 10 games! And oh yeah, did I forget to mention the 11 points in those 10 games to lead the North Stars.

I had the great pleaser to play with Falk in Montreal, and I can guarantee that his teammates in Toronto feel the same way we all did so many years ago, not just about his on ice play, but how he carries himself as a person. Keep it up Falk!
Code:
230 words

Task 3

Turn a series around and see how it would change things, how about Toronto winning that amazing game 7? Talk about changing the season for them, and changing a city forever.

Game 7’s don’t come around very often in conference finals, and most of the time when they do, you pray and hope for an electric crowd staying hyped well into the 3rd overtime. Well that would be a rare site, and would go down in history, and speaking of history, if Toronto wins that game, history could be re-written in the final series and fans burn the city down with celebrations.

I briefly played in Toronto with a former player, and there is no place that I’d rather win in then that city. The fans are excited every game, no matter how bad the team is doing, the players all know what is at stack when they put that jersey on, there is no better feeling.

If that series shifts a different way, and the North Stars head into the finals, a change of the guard could have been in hand. This North Stars team is one of the best from years past, and the next four wins could have happened quite easily, thus changing the way Toronto views that team, and enshrines those players for not only years, but generations to come.
Code:
224 words

Task 4

“And with that the New England Wolfpack are you champions!”

The last and most satisfying line of the season for Roman Morenov, and the Wolfpack.
A very smart person once said, ‘if you don’t win the last game, nobody gives a shit’.

Roman Morenov has lived by that, throughout his career, and finally he achieved it. The cup is finally in his hands and he has the chance to share it wherever, and the easy choice is his home country, Russia.

Morenov has celebrated a gold, and silver at home with fellow Russian teammates, but nothing will quite live up to bringing the cup back to his humble beginnings. Of course he is from one of the biggest cities in Russia, and a big man like him would want to celebrate it in a big way. What better way then a parade, and a ride with none other then Vladimir Putin.

That’s right, the big man himself has come down to show all the people of Russia where the real ice hockey champions come from. Roman Morenov wouldn’t have it any other way.

He and Putin took it bear hunting, and then flew it out to his private boat to go deep sea fishing off the coast, it couldn’t have been a better day…oh wait, the humble part….
Code:
218 Words

[Image: WtrC9qy.png]

FalconsJapanpride

Written: Pick any goal scored in the S29 playoffs so far and write the play by play for it. (150 words)

Written: Choose a standout player in the regular season, and write 200 words on how they’ve measured up so far in the playoffs. Must include at least three stats.

Written: Choose what you think is a pivotal moment in any of the series’ so far, and flip it on it’s head. What happens if one team loses a game seven instead of wins? What happens if one goal isn’t scored, or is? How does the playoffs change, and how does the series change? (200 words.)

Written: Your player has won the Challenge Cup! Write 200 words about what he or she does on his or her Cup day. (This applies even to players whose teams didn’t make the playoffs)

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]

Task one:
This has been a tough go for Calgary, but it’s just about over. They’ll reset and try to come back and look better in game 7.

Faceoff in the Calgary zone. Miles Berger wins it back to Muller. Muller moves the puck up to Nikolaus Scholz. He skates around behind the net and fights off a hit from Alex Mack. Scholz comes out from behind the net and takes a bad angle shot, but it’s off target. Berger picks up the loose puck. He pivots and throws the puck towards the net. It goes wide. Jackson Rogers-Tanaka rotates down and picks up the puck. The Dragons are looking defeated, they look confused and can’t get a handle on the puck. Rogers-Tanaka winds up and fires. Wong couldn’t get there, and the puck finds the back of the net!

Another last minute goal for Edmonton, making it 5-1. JRT gets his first goal of the playoffs, and the Blizzard put this one away after a big third period in which they scored 2 goals in the final 2 minutes.

Task two:
Esa Anrikkanen has been consistently one of the top players in the league for the past few seasons. It was more of the same from him in S29. The Dragons’ top line center finished the regular season with 21 goals and 32 assists. A total of 53 points on the season was good enough for 7th in the league. He also had 212 hits, which was good enough for second most in the league. He led a talented Calgary roster to finish with the second best record in the Western Conference, fourth best in the league.

Now, in the playoffs, he’s continued right where he left off. Through 16 games, Esa has 3 goals and 13 assists. That puts him at 16 points, or 1 point per game, which is just about where he was at in the regular season. With 16 points he is currently 6th for scoring in the playoffs. He also has 50 hits so far, which is slightly behind the pace set in the regular season, but still very good, and is 5th most among players in the playoffs. He is playing at just about the same level in the playoffs as he did in the regular season. The biggest difference is that his regular season shooting % of 8.79 has dropped off to 4.76 in the playoffs.

Task three:
To me, the pivotal moment would be the game 7 overtime win by Hamilton against Toronto. So, instead of Griffon Simons scoring the game winner, what would it be like if Toronto won?

Harter covers up the loose puck in front of the net, and the teams will reset in the Toronto zone. Cunningham wins the draw back to Johnson. He hesitates, then moves the puck to Stinson. Up to King, who breaks into neutral ice. He dumps the puck into the opposite corner and Toronto gives chase. Cody Black gets there first, but he can’t settle the puck down. Eriksson pokes the puck loose and takes control behind the net. He sends it back up the boards to Stinson who passes it along the blue line to Johnson. Johnson shoots through traffic, but Tanner pads it away. Cunningham is there for the rebound. He shoots, and it sneaks in under Tanners glove! Toronto has done it! They’re going to the finals!

The arena explodes, as the visiting Toronto fans lose their minds. The Toronto bench clears as they all rush out and embrace each other. The sound of celebration continues for an uncomfortable duration. It slowly builds and the building begins to gently vibrate. Then, a very loud, rhythmic beeping begins to fill the arena. It builds, each beep becoming louder, until it reaches a deafening level.

You open your eyes, and you’re back in your bed. It’s 7am, and it’s time to get up to go to school.

Task four:
The obvious choice is to bring it back to your hometown. That is a great choice, and would be one of my first thoughts, but I’m going to go in a slightly difference direction. I have two hometowns. My hometown in Sweden, obviously. I also have what I consider to be my hockey hometown, and that is in Kelowna. I spent four seasons there, and it became my first long term home as a professional hockey player. I loved my time there, and I think I’d like to take it back there. Show the Kelowna fans what I’ve done, and that I couldn’t have done it without them.

I’d bring it down to Prospera Place so that the Kelowna fans could come out to see it, get their pictures taken with it, all that fun stuff. I’d do a little meet and greet and a Q&A while I’m there. I’d also like to meet any of the current Kelowna players, to talk with them a little bit, give out advice, answer questions for them, or just hang out. The last thing I’d like to do before I leave would be to do one last skate at Prospera Place. Take a moment to try to relive the wonderful time I had playing there.

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!

[Image: b88adf80763ef032aa7fbb8389c41caff1d52dc9...8a0601.jpg]

PT 1

After a hotly contested play around the Dragons net, Wong stopped a deflection from Sarantez and held onto the puck. Up two to nothing, the face-off is going to come in the Dragons’ own zone. The Blizzard need to hold the line and put together some offense against a Dragons team that has had their number thus far, while the Dragons are going to look for the break-out. The linesman steps to the circle, and it’ll be Pedersen and Karpotsov taking the draw.

Karpotsov wins the puck back to his winger, but Sachimo Zoidberg steps in and levels him. Scholz tries to take the puck up the wing, but Zoidberg is right there and takesh im out as well. The open puck rolls to Chico Salmon, and he races down the wing with it. Salmon dishes the puck to Sarantez - he’s been great for them ever since being traded to Minnesota. Sarantez skates it in deep, circling behind the net. He spots an open Kane coming in hard for the net and finds him with a quick, tape to tape pass.

It looks like Kane is going to take the shot, but he puts the brakes on and swings the puck back out to Salmon on the top of the circle. Wong is way out of position, and Salmon drops to a knee, firing the puck straight into the top corner! The Blizzard are finally on the board thanks to the veteran Salmon, and may yet have some life in this series.

PT 2

Theo Kane has become one of Edmonton’s most dominant players - certainly, when it comes to offense, the team leans on him to provide consistent production, particularly in the goal scoring department. With remarkably gifted hands, in fifty games this regular season, Kane was able to put together 31 goals and 36 assists for 67 points, all the while leading the team with 204 hits - almost double anyone else on the team. He was also the team’s premier power-play specialist, at least when it came to forwards, with 20 points playing with the man advantage. His play amounted to a +32 and will surely lead to an all-star nomination, if not league MVP as a well rounded player who managed to top scoring and points without compromising his team defensively.

It would be difficult to make the argument that coming a hair away from a point per game, with 11 points in 13 games, is a poor showing. However, compared to his absolute dominance in the regular season, Kane’s playoff production has to be considered as such. Although he came third in the team in points, and second in goals, Kane was unable to control the flow of play to the same degree he did throughout the season. Still a consistent contributor, he saw decreases in all areas, save physicality. His 42 hits in 13 games show that, whatever stopped clicking to limit his offense, it certainly wasn’t heart as he still played with the same determination to win. He was a +4, which is an overall good score, but like his playoff offense, it wasn’t enough - and wasn’t to the pace he set beforehand.

With the Blizzard dropping their series against the Dragons largely due to an offense unable to match the Dragons pace for pace, Kane’s decrease in production has to be looked at as one of many examples of a team failing to perform to its regular season standard. There is some good news, as with Kane less prominent in the play, players like Scholz and Koroviev were able to shine and show themselves as potential successors to the Blizzard’s top veterans.

PT 3

Game three in the Calgary-Edmonton series was arguably the deciding game. Tied 1-1 so far, the previous two games were tightly contested with a goal differential of one. Although the series would go the distance, the third game gave the Dragons a clear psychological advantage moving into game four. While the Dragons won in a 4-0 blowout, the series could have unfolded very differently if the Blizzard showed up to play.

A victory in game three would have given Edmonton, not Calgary, the early advantage moving forward against their old rival. Without the bitter, demoralizing defeat, they might well have not been so shaken in game four. Rather than be forced to attempt an unsuccessful comeback in games five and six, the Blizzard could have carried their momentum - particularly Aittokallio, who was perhaps the most shaken by the loss - and been able to capture game four. That would have given the Blizzard a 3-1 advantage on the series.

Although the Dragons are as resilient a team as any can ever claim to be, that margin of an advantage would likely have proved insurmountable, as it was for the Blizzard. Although it would not be inconceivable that the Dragons could win the next two, the Blizzard are not the sort of team to lose three straight in normal circumstances. Thus, winning that pivotal game would likely have been the difference between victory and defeat for the defending Challenge Cup champions.

PT 4

Last season, Winston Windsor brought the Challenge Cup home to London - a city which, by all accounts, is not one used to hockey success. It was an important moment for him after failing to capture a medal in the IIHF season after season, with a young (but improving) Team United Kingdom. Though not the first to bring the Cup into the United Kingdom, every chance to grow hockey in Europe (even if they don’t want to think of themselves as European) should be taken. However, this year things would be a little different. With the United Kingdom still reeling from a controversial vote, fear that a day with the cup in downtown London would somehow manage to be politicized would lead Windsor to bring it somewhere else.

That somewhere else is Minneapolis, Minnesota. Windsor’s first SHL team, and the team that most developed him as a young player, was the Minnesota Chiefs. Under the tutelage of greats such as Garbanzo and Sarantez, and a management staff consisting of - at different times - three excellent league veterans, he was able to turn from a solid second round draft pick into a top four pairing offensive defenseman. Thanks to Garbanzo in particular, he honed his defensive craft to the point that he is no longer a severe liability in his own zone. Although Windsor eventually announced that he would be testing free agency, a move that led to his own trade out of the city to the Edmonton Blizzard, he always enjoyed playing with the team, and in the city. As such, he would bring the cup to Minnesota and invite a few of his old teammates out on a formal luncheon with tea and cakes provided. Former Minnesota captain and stalwart Pedro Sarantez might even join him in the trip.

[Image: wopo0De.png]
Signature Credit: Wasty

Quote:Originally posted by kikish18@Jul 2 2016, 05:35 PM
[Image: b88adf80763ef032aa7fbb8389c41caff1d52dc9...8a0601.jpg]

F U

Holding this place

[Image: 0hsjntaofe61a3rqo1w.png]

Graphic: Make a graphic comparing the MVP of the playoffs so far with his or her performance last playoffs (or during the regular season if they didn’t make the playoffs last season). Must include at least 3 stats, a player render and the team logo

Graphic: Create a mockup of the front page of a newspaper with the result of what you think the most important game in the playoffs has been so far. You will not be marked on what the article says, if you choose to include the article. Feel free to write nonsense, you’ll be graded on the overall look of the mockup.

Graphic: Make a Championship banner for who you think will be the winner of the Challenge Cup. Must include at least one render and the team logo

[Image: 32882_s.gif]

Oliver Pettyfer / Isaac Cormier Hale / Eva Lykke Aparjode

The Hamilton Steelhawks are looking to make something happen in this second overtime, deadlocked at 4 apiece, Toronto with the equalizer late in the third period. Mikelis Grundmanis for Hamilton gets the loose puck and passes it to Simons at the halfwal. He skates up with it and drops it to Colt, who passes across to Clitsome. Clitsome breaking away around Laflamme and sends it back across to Colt who enters the Toronto zone. He drops it back to Clitsome and he passes to Simons. Man what a passing clinic this team is putting off! Simons back to Clitsome, and he shoots!!! But Wartooth gets in the way of that and the puck trickles to the corner! Clitsome gets the puck back and passes in front to Moreau! Moreau all alone!! Scooooooooooooresss!!!! He scoooooooooressss!!! Moreau! Moreau!! Moreau!!!! Marc-Andre Moreau!!!! And the Steelhawks have won game two in overrrrtimee!!!!!! What a great passing play for the Steelhawks, the North Stars didn’t know what to do with it!!

Griffin Simons had another great year with the Hamilton Steelhawks in the S29 regular season. He led the team in scoring with 25 goals and 58 points, was a great +13, and had 5 game winning goals in his 50 games. It was a big year as the Steelhawks once again made it to the playoffs and are now on the road to winning yet another Challenge Cup. The playoffs have been even better for the center, as through 12 games Simons has scored 9 goals, 11 assists, and 20 points, a monster season and his best playoff so far. Even through 12 games he is a +13, showing his dominance so far in the playoffs, and despite the lack of hits he has been a force on the ice. However, he has not been as clutch as he was in the regular season, as through the 12 games he has only one game winning goal despite scoring 9, more than 1/3 of his regular season total with only 1/5 of the games played. It has been an incredible year for Simons, and with the Steelhawks in the finals now there is no doubt who will be the MVP if the Steelhawks end up winning it all in S29.

The Steelhawks have not been without their trials and tribulations in this playoff season. In the first round, they were in a real big pickle with the Platoon when they were entering game 3 down 2-0 in the series and needing a big win to stay in it. The Steelhawks scored the go-ahead goal in the third period of game 3, and they were very close to narrowing the gap in the series. However late in that period the Platoon tied it up, forcing overtime and putting Hamilton in a very precarious position. If Hamilton loses this game in overtime, their playoff hopes are all but over. In the first overtime the Steelhawks made sure that wouldn’t happen, and they peppered Schmidt with shots. 8 minutes in, it would be Rider Clitsome to seal the win and give the Steelhawks life in the series. If the Steelhawks don’t win that game in overtime, their chokejob in the third period proves to be a backbreaker and there is no way they are able to come back in the series down 3-0. If the Steelhawks do end up winning the Challenge Cup, this will be considered the statement game for the franchise and what turned the entire series around for them.

When Alonzo Garbanzo wins the cup, there are a few things he is going to do with it. On his cup day, he is going to go back home to Baltimore and have a small mini parade for all of the fans I have over there. Surprisingly it is a lot. I would go home and spend some time with the family, letting them have some fun with it. After that I would go to my old part time jobs and let them have some fun with the cup because I appreciate how those part time jobs shaped me as a player today. That would probably take me most of the afternoon, and after that I would go to a little dinner event where I put the Challenge Cup on a big buffet table and people can eat appetizers out of it. That would take a couple hours, and afterwards I would go out to a big club and I would show everyone the cup while the music is playing. Despite being too old for that kind of scene, it would be fun to see all the people converge on the cup and be treated almost like a king. That would be a crazy day, but it for sure would be a really fun day.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

Quote:TASK ONE: (worth 3 TPE)

Written: Pick any goal scored in the S29 playoffs so far and write the play by play for it. (150 words)

We've got nine minutes to go here in the third period. The Vancouver Whalers are down by two to the Kelowna Knights--this is a critical stop for them if they hope to recover.

Charlie Conway and Mikael Talo of the Kelowna Knights are setting up for the draw...and Conway wins the draw. He passes to Carl Farris, but the winded line needs a change and so they dump the puck in the Knights zone. Levi Kubrak and Strawberry Blake take the ice for the Whalers as Mikke Laukkanen retrieves the puck, passing it to Fedor Shirobokov to set up the next play.

Shirobokov passes to Mikko Linna, Linna back to Shirobokov and they drive it through the neutral zone and down to the Vancouver side. Shirobokov passes to Ziggler, who passes to Linna. Nothing going, Linna passes it back to Shirobokov. Back to Linna, who sets up Yanovich. Yanovich doesn't have a great angle on the shot, but he does have a lane towards Talo, who's right in front of the net.

Mikael Talo takes the shot--

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL!! MIKAEL TALO SCORES!! HE PUTS THE KELOWNA KNIGHTS UP 3-1 AND THEIR CHANCES ARE LOOKING GOOD FOR A WIN HERE IN GAME TWO.

Quote:TASK TWO: (worth 3 TPE)

Written: Choose a standout player in the regular season, and write 200 words on how they’ve measured up so far in the playoffs. Must include at least three stats.

Frans Erichsen was obviously the standout offensive player of the regular season. A rookie, Erichsen came in and managed to outscore last year's top rookie, Mikael Talo, by seven points. Not only comparing to, but beating a strong second-year player is a significant achievement. In addition to being the top point scorer in the league with 55 points scored in the regular season, he was the best winger in the league by six points (ahead of Talo's teammate and linesman Mikko Linna), fourth overall in shot percentage with a 15.85%, and tied teammates Dos Diablo and Alexander Charlyb'y as the plus/minus leaders with a finishing number of +24.

Though his playoff performance was slightly less dominant, it was only by a tiny matter of top-tier degrees. In the playoffs, Erichsen tied Talo for first overall as a center, with sixteen points--but Talo got his sixteen points in only eleven games, where Erichsen played the full slate of 18 as the Scarecrows took the cup. He was second for wingers behind teammate Sebastian Strange, with 18 points scored, and tied with Mikko Linna, who had also played only eleven games. His shot percentage wasn't quite as good, both in terms of his individual performance (down to 13.33%) and in terms of who was ahead of him, unable to crack the top ten on the playoff leaderboard. His plus/minus is difficult to compare with the different schedule, but he was also out of the individual running there, the minimum score with a +/- of 7 required to be on the leaderboard and Erichsen himself at only +4. But he made up for those two with a brand-new stat--his first-ever hat trick.

So, is the rising sophomore looking good for year two in the league?

Absolutely.

Quote:TASK THREE: (worth 3 TPE)

For me, the most pivotal moment in the SMJHL playoffs this year was the Vancouver win in Game 7 of the SMJHL Western Conference Final. Though it isn't tremendously likely with St. Louis's strength that Kelowna would've gotten past them for a Cup win, Vancouver was certainly not going to. Though they made the necessary adjustments to win the last four games, Kelowna had significantly better statistics throughout the playoff series. Kelowna's top line is still at or near the top of the charts of nearly all of the individual leaderboards, despite playing only eleven games. Talo, Linna, and Dominique were standout forwards for the Kelowna squad, and Landvik and Justice were both tremendous as the top defensive pairing.

Had Kelowna won any of the prior games, they would've gone on to face St. Louis in the final. Again, St. Louis had more roster depth with their extremely successful free agency deals over the course of the regular season. However, Kelowna had a high number of draft picks and three of the four had updated at least once going into the final round, meaning they realistically would have stood a chance to at least walk away with one win. Though the sim gets everybody sometimes, this season it got Kelowna hard, and despite the pre-Game 7 adjustment--changes that our GMs ran and we got a win with 7/8 times simmed--Kelowna could not pull off one win, leaving the final series with a worse matchup and an ultimate brutalizing of Vancouver, a team not set up to win, by the Scarecrows.

Quote:TASK FOUR: (worth 3 TPE)

Written: Your player has won the Challenge Cup! Write 200 words about what he or she does on his or her Cup day. (This applies even to players whose teams didn’t make the playoffs)

The cup would be flown to Rauma, Finland, Mikael's hometown and where he will be spending his summer. Rauma is a small fishing village, and Mikael would wake up early, take the cup out on the dock overlooking the thawed lake, and sit and relax with a book until it was time to go in and eat breakfast (naturally, a waffle breakfast with his own portion served in the basin). A post-breakfast nap with the cup would of course then be in order--he and the family cat would go back to his childhood bedroom and spend a lazy early morning and afternoon having a lie-in.

Though Mikael isn't tremendously social by nature, his mother and two brothers are, and they would probably feel like his Cup day was something to be celebrated with family and friends alike. The neighborhood would transform into a block party, beer in the coolers and hot dogs and hamburgers--and, of course, fried fish--served all afternoon and into the night. Other invitees would include Finnish brethren Mikke Laukkanen and Mikko Linna, who while they'd have their own day with the Cup would certainly join Mikael in his. And, anywhere Linna is, Landvik will inevitably show up and crash the party, hair tied back, sunglasses on and ready to get LIT--so knowing this, Mikael would've sent her a plane ticket and saved her the trouble. After that, bedtime with the Cup, and then buckling it into the plane the next morning to see it safely to its next destination.

Placeholder!

Poster:
[Image: QfTM0MU.png]

[Image: NYKxvgb.png]

[Image: KxmomaM.png]

[Image: iiJvxNs.png]

[Image: 9d3oxij.png]// [Image: 8xyKeyf.png] [Image: SHLEmoteDragons.png]
[Image: RNCgTPl.png]
[Image: aS7ARv6.png]
[Image: RIXCbNI.png]
[Image: aS7ARv6.png]

[Image: SIMONS.png]

[Image: sampa3286f1660491227.jpg]

It's a different world, a right world, where the Minnesota Chiefs take home both the President's Trophy and the Challenge Cup. Travis Kudleychuk is far down the list of players when it comes to getting the cup passed to him, but when his day arrives he cannot waste the opportunity. Kuddles typically spends his offseasons in Vancouver with former teammate Geoffrey Allen so the two can train together. But as Kudleychuk's day with the Cup came up he knew he didn't want to spend it in Vancouver.

Since his first season in the league there is one place the Kudleychuk had only been to once and wanted to get back to: Vegas. What better way to party then to take the cup to the strip? Admittedly, Kuddles realized what a terrible idea this was approximately ten minutes after the cup got there. Instead of having a small group of a couple guys Kudleychuk had been close with joining the league, the party ended up containing almost everyone Kudleychuk had every played on a team with and even some he hadn't.

While the uninvited guests did have Kuddles a little nervous it quickly went away when someone asked him if he wanted to hit a line off the cup. It was in that moment he remembered, none of this shit matters.