Create Account

[OLD] Welcome to the League Survey PT

1) How did you find us?
I knew Rain and he spoke really highly of the league so I joined.

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer?
could be a little better but I think its easy enough.

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player?
no i had alot of help from around the league.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?
no, i had players helping me.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)
i want to build the biggest baddest strongest sniping player I can.

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members.
to move everything for creating a player higher up such as activity checks and any othe player progression.

1) How did you find us?

A long time ago i played in this league. Now i googled it.

For me its okay because i am aware of it from my studies.

No, it was very easy and a very good tutorial.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?

I used the written and video tutorial. It was a great help.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)

Learn from my teammates. A little Tournament would be nice too.

I like it like it is.!

Zlatan Ibrahimovic: “Only God knows who will go through....” --- Reporter: “It’s hard to ask him.” --- Zlatan: “You’re talking to him.”

1) How did you find us? I heard SHL through a co-worker (Zoone16)

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer? I find it a bit intimidating at first but I'm getting used to it.

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player? Not really, I had some help with some people on the site.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? I used the written tutorial and it did help me understand more.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament) Prospect Tournament would be a cool edition to SHL to see how all the prospects stack up.

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members. I would say it's good like this. Every tutorial is very detailed from what I see.

1) How did you find us?

I randomly found the page when searching google. Thought the idea was amazing and I think it would help me practice some writing skills so it seems perfect.

Overall the site was really easy to navigate, but there are certain areas that could still be improved (I will talk about that in a later answer). The forum is easily used, though perhaps it seems a bit daunting at first, due to the high number of different areas, tasks, etc.

I did have a few questions that seemingly were not answered in any of the guides, or at least I couldn't find them. I realize one of the issues probably won't come up for most cases (whether a female name for a player is alright), but other issues did seem relevant (is height/weight relevant at all for example). Overall though all the guides helped a ton!

As said previously, all the guides were very helpful and I used the written ones the entire time. I think it is a great help. One concern I would voice is that I ended up having like ten different tabs by the end, so it can be a bit cluttered.

I think I will just focus on writing articles, learning more about the league, hopefully getting to know some other players, ideally also some of the team owners etc. I do believe that would be incredibly helpful and I want to play for a team that cares and wants me, not just one that has no other choice.

I think maybe less clutter would be good, but I am not sure how to make that possible. I have also yet to find a page where standings or statistics are viewable. While the FAQs did help a bit, I missed a chat or a place to ask simple questions.

1) How did you find us?
Kyle Wally.
It takes a little time to get used to.
Nope.
Nope.
Prospect tourney

Less links .

1) How did you find us?
I was brought in by akamai! We both have a lot of mutuals who are in here.

Hell no. My headache got worse looking at this.

I had help on rearranging some points but for the most part, it was pretty easy.

The written tutorial was the best help though I did need some auxiliary help from the lilluminati.

Ooooo that would be cool! Like a good tutorial/example about how games work here.

Especially for people who have never been in forums, A GREAT VISUAL OF IF YOU CLICK HERE YOU GET THIS would be amazing!

[Image: galatix2.gif]
by @NUCK @QuantumCowboy @engimatic @GLU @FlappyGiraffe @karey

[Image: QhAQn2i.png] l [Image: HuqtOb2.png]

1) How did you find us?
Google

Had to look it over a few times before I signed up. Lots of information everywhere so it might take me a while to figure everything out.

Sim League vet, kinda knew what to do.

Skimmed it, a little yes.

No idea to be honest.

Not sure yet, barely been here. Will update with any suggestions.

@Carpy48, @sulovilen, and @Ragnar are signature gods
[Image: MaverickLegend.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png] [Image: zyyvIFD.png]
Dragonite

1) How did you find us?
Google'd

Yeah, but there's just so much stuff so it can be difficult to find what you're looking for. That's why I'd prefer an actual website instead of just a forum.

Not really. Just had to be careful with the update scale.

I checked out the video tutorial the night before and used the written tutorial while creating my player. The video was quite lengthy (should be a little more edited...) but both were real useful.

Although I think there should be more activities for this part, I can't think of any. I've spent most of my time browsing league history. Maybe there should be some kind of a brief league biography to find out about teams, ex-teams, legendary players and such...

A chat room, preferably an IRC channel would be helpful.

1) How did you find us?

Reddit recruitment thread

Nah. You have to look kind of hard, and that's considering I'm fairly familiar with a forum site like this

It took some time, I was scared to format it wrong or post it in the wrong place

Yes. It was thorough, and definitely necessary.

Uhh I plan to just learn how to use the site and do what I can to earn TPE in the mean time

It would be much more usable if the entire thing wasnt organized in a forum format

1) How did you find us?

Reddit

It's fairly easy to navigate, it just takes some time to get accustomed to.

No, the guides were extremely helpful.

I used the written tutorial and it was very thorough.

Improve my player/draft stock and learn my way around the site better.

A more concise guide. I had several tabs open trying to follow all the different tutorials and it gets a little confusing.

1) How did you find us?
Reddit thread that was just recently posted

No and yes, It is overwhelming, but I was able to find all information I was looking for relatively quickly after quickly using it. This is the second time I've visited, the first time I remember thinking that the process seemed to difficult to be worth it at the time.

None that I know of Wink

I used the written tutorial, very helpful!

I believe it's happening soon, so I should be ready to go!

It would be impractical most likely from a website building perspective, but to have the tutorials on a regular style web page rather than as a forum post. it would feel less daunting, that is for sure.

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

1) How did you find us?
S32 Reddit Recruiment Post
Slightly difficult due to the number of subforums to navigate
not really, the guides were extremely helpful
as above. I used both, they were each helpful in their own way.
Talk to experienced players a bit
Update and reconcile new player tutorial into one thread with links to subforums and copy paste examples? Anything to make it easier to get going is good, right?

1) How did you find us?
The Reddit Recruitment Drive.
I haven't been on Powerboards in quite a few years, but it all comes rushing back. Might be a bit confusing for someone who has never been on these type of forums.
None at all, all the guides were incredibly useful.
I used the written guide, which was more than enough to walk me through the creation process.
I think I'll familiarize myself further with the community, work on my player some more, check out PTs, etc.
Perhaps an announcement to help anyone having broken image issues.

1) How did you find us?
Reddit /r/hockey
Sort of. Many subforums, and many similarly-named sub-subforums that it can get hard to keep track of where you've posted.
Nope.
Yes (written). Yes, a lot. Made the whole process very easy.
Not even sure, still learning how everything works.
Try and implement a way so that all players are stored in some sort of editable database or stat sheet like NHL.com has (I realize this would take a lot of coding) that allows users to quickly look up a player. Players would be able to submit stat updates directly to this database so they don't need to keep editing posts.

1) How did you find us?

I was the member from the 2BCSports site who told me about this site

Getting the hang of this site and getting lots of help thanks to justice and others.

It was simple as i was getting some help.

nope.

was already drafted

Make the site less confusing and organized,

[Image: giphy.gif]