Create Account

S42 PT #1 - Trading Card Game

[Image: omTOpsx.jpg]

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

With the recent partnership with the Wizards of the Coast I have been lucky enough to help out with the design of a brand new card to be introduced. As being part of the Los Angeles Panthers I thought that the card should include something to the extent of the team. After a some conversations with the designers and makers of the cards they we settled on a Black Panther for the design (very creative I know). One of its drawbacks is that this card attacks after a certain amount of turns which is based on how many cards the player has in their hand and on the field. This is supposed to represent the LA traffic. The card does have an attack called pounce which is simple enough. Another effect this card has is that it can't do damage to a player if the damage would kill him as this represents the recent struggle to get to the finals but not being able to finish off the opposing team to win the Cup.

[Image: vikian.gif]

[Image: qWLAw5z.png]

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: qp9sjzw.png] [Image: QPhJjnn.png] [Image: cz7Q1LV.png] [Image: RapExQb.png] [Image: sXGJ3Yn.png]
-----
[Image: aasdAwo.png]

Canada Update Thread | Player Page Canada

[Image: QDH7yEC.jpg]

[Image: 54855_s.gif]

Knights ||  Patriotes

Whalers|| Renegades ||  Patriotes ||  Finland

Renegades ||Militia ||Canada  

[Image: jearim.gif]

I would design a card for the one and only Tor Tuck of the Edmonton Blizzard. The card would naturally be a holofoil because Tor Tuck is badass. It would be like the Charizard of the SHL card game. The card would be very expensive to put into play, costing several ice resources because we are the Edmonton Blizzard. Tuck's primary ability would be a move that I will arbitrarily name "ice shroud". Because of his fantastic skating ability, Tuck is able to travel at a very fast pace before stopping just short and spraying ice in the direction of his foe. The ice blinds the opponent and renders them immobile for a turn. It's probably a pretty overpowered effect. He would also have a move based on his excellent passing ability called "dump and run". It's a double entendre because he has a reputation for going to people's houses to take a shit and then bailing immediately because of how bad it smells. Anyway, the ability would allow him to use an action on the player's turn and then, as a bonus action, attack (or whatever) again with a card that has already been used that turn. The card would probably be crazy OP but that's because my man Tor Tuck is an overpowering force for Edmonton on the ice.

[Image: xOtrQ61.gif]

Haugen: A card used in infancy of a match as it's young age may result in crumbling under late game pressure. Team it with fellow young card the Enqvist and you may have an accident waiting to happen. One of the bonuses to this card is it's willingness to fight at every draw to command it's area and come out on top. Another positive with this card is the ability to out pace the opponent. Like a Panther in the jungle, this card is eager and ready to pounce but does come at a cost. It's inexperience will result in the occasional blunder and of course will led to you always wishing for a more complete performance. The right accenting cards can help this card perform on top of it's game. Coupling this with an experienced coach card could do you wonders but be careful you don't put too much pressure on this one card.

[Image: cDMBWce.png]
[Image: 0tCQttQ.png]
LA Panthers Goaltender

You remember the Dragon Ball Z trading card game? I sure do. I don’t remember any of the rules, but I remember that based on the back of the box you could figure out which character was in the deck based on the order on the set. Anyways, the SHL trading card game is like that, but better. There are TPE levels, so when you play a point task, activity check card or other, the value rises on the tpe scale. The scale will let you put more points into your attack score or your defense score which will either allow you to stop goals or score goals. The rules are kind of confusing but somehow it works. Instead of an individual player, it is a team, but you put more points into defense, and it blocks an attack, the defense value of the other team lowers by one. As the TPE level rises, so do the points available. Have a high attack and you score early while a defense is not ready for it, have a strong defense and you play a quick counter game. There are cards that let you swap your offense and defense value at the drop of a hat.

[Image: YkRAWjH.png]

[Image: 3GSD0dd.gif]
[Image: m1IMt5k.gif]

[Image: bQMfK3L.png]

My trading card is my Mikhail Lokitonov card. The old PGF teammate and current Toronto North Star Teammate.

This is a pretty special card in the SHL trading battle card game. Mikhail has very high speed and attack so he's really useful when scoring points. That being said, he has some questionable traits. His first ability is a good one. "Trophy Team" is a skills that when activated and surrounded by a team full of high power cards, he can win the Trophy. This ability first arose when he was carried to the Four Star Cup early on in his career and will come into effect again soon with the North Stars. His second ability is a little more peculiar. The ability "Disappear" allows Mikhail to completely vanish from sight and makes him invisible to opponents.. and invisible to the score sheet. This ability is only able to be activated during the playoffs, which plays off nicely on his first ability "Trophy Team" where he needs a good team around him to win. All in all, a pretty good card and an even better teammate.

[Image: ICH.png]

Knights - Player Page - Update Page - Knights

[Image: 47963_s.gif]

[Image: XA1AZuT.png]

Jack Tanner (D) - [Player Page] [Player Updates]

[Image: mH3z832.png]

[Image: Beaver.gif]
One sig is tweed's and the other was a karlssens/Copenhagen collab

AC | Bank | Claims

[Image: 1532140801301421.png?t=896681]

All-time New England Wolfpack scorer
[Image: Derisraka.png]