Create Account

Weekend Funtime: Offseason Intrigue

10-18-2018, 11:23 PMhockeyfan Wrote: The fact you're ignoring the WJC tournament makes me really sad and makes me want to quit my post as simmer of the WJC because it's a really mean thing to do, ignore that tournament.
It will be the best. Youth served.

Wow, I hadn't even noticed at first, but I'm sure credit would still be given if you were discussing the outcome of the WJC. Like for example, I could say that the Czechoslovakian team looks poised to dominate the tournament this season. Without question they are one of the top contenders ahead of the tournament, and I'd say a medal is in store for us. Czechoslovakia

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

One of the biggest story lines of the off-season will be and always is the SHL draft. I feel like a big dairy story could be a possibility of a team trying to trade up in the draft to get more players and the story will come from what they gave up and who they got.

[Image: 55708_s.gif]

First Ever SHL Goal:
Code:
5. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 1 (Piotr Czerkawski 1, Cameron Dubois 2) at 16:27

First Ever Hat Trick:
Code:
S45 Game 46 NEW vs TOR
6. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 1 (Artemi Berezin 3, Tigole Bitties 5) at 5:21
9. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 2 (Artemi Berezin 4) at 18:58
10. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 3 (Tigole Bitties 7, Manuel Gotze 2) at 19:38 (Empty Net)

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

I think the biggest surprise of this offseason will be a few surprise retirements. Some major recreates have already done it, but I suspect there will be more.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

This offseason I'm really looking forward to the IIHF and WJC tournaments. In the IIHF I don't totally expect the team I play for to go super far, maybe we'll make it to the medal round, but this is a rebuilding season still. After this season all bets are off for us. We are expecting to finally be a competitive team at that point. However for now, we're getting to the point where we're going to have several players over 1k TPE and we have a goalie that is close to 1k TPE. As our S41, S42, and S43 players start to get to higher and higher levels of TPE we're going to be more and more competitive. For now, I expect us to at least be 10th in the IIHF this season. In the WJC I would be extremely disappointed if we didn't come home with a gold medal. Our WJC team is extremely talented this season.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

It's double OT, Austria and Czechoslovakia have been battling fiercely, everyone is gassed. Chris Partridge has been a brick wall in net, but its back at the other end, after a DeMaricus Smyth fight to rally his team. Off the draw the pass is dropped back to Brady McIntyre and then over to the Rockcock who cocks back and unloads a fatty one time.The Lights, The Horn, the silence of the Norwegian Crowd Its finally over, the final team to win gold.

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

I hope talking about the WJC counts because I couldn't be more excited about the Czech team for the WJC this season. As GM with Luke again, I think we both have a much better understanding of SimonT (as much as anyone can really), and the Czechs have to be a favorite going into the tournament.

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

10-19-2018, 01:40 AM39alaska39 Wrote: I hope talking about the WJC counts because I couldn't be more excited about the Czech team for the WJC this season. As GM with Luke again, I think we both have a much better understanding of SimonT (as much as anyone can really), and the Czechs have to be a favorite going into the tournament.

it definitley counts.. as a matter of fact im modifying the OP and adding the WJC!

+1

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

S44 will start to see a seismic shift in the SHL landscape. The first members of the massive S43 Draft class to hit the big leagues will start making an impact, and the teams that stocked up on draftees from this class will get their first look at the next generation of talent to take over the league!

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies     S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK     Grizzlies

In the SMJHL S44 we will se a bunch of first gens go over veteran players. Tomen goes 1st overall and there will be a first gen in the top  8

RETIRED

I think this draft is gonna be pretty interesting to follow, Edmonton will be the team to watch. Will they make 2 top 5 selections or will they trade them for more immediate help? Lots of options for them, they're in a pretty good spot ~ a week out from the draft.

[Image: wMFFUe4.gif]

Barracuda S56 1st Overall Barracuda

Gary Grease Career Stats: Click Here
Graphics Shop: Click Here

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  Barracuda Russia Barracuda  [Image: c8B2LE3.png]

I think this free agency period is going to be an interesting one compared to some of the seasons we've had in the past. This year we had a lot of big time players retire, including seven players that were still over 1,000 TPE: Danny Foster, Noctis Caelum, Brynjar Tusk, Eduard Selich, Elias Lingdstrom, Lord Pretty Flacko, and Geronimo Otto all called it quits when they could have been valuable players for just about any team in the league.

To go further, A LOT of the other big name free agents are signed before free agency officially opened. Every season this happens, but this season there are only 10 players out of 31 that were over 1,000 TPE that are free agents. This includes several GMs and players loyal to their teams that are not likely to go anywhere.

Why is this interesting? It means we are likely to have just a handful of top tier free agents and I think that will give them the ability to get better pitches than we are used to seeing. I predict that one of two things is pretty likely to happen, at least one of the really big name, high TPE players is going to get an unusually large deal because of all of the suitors around the league and the lack of talent OR some of the lower tier free agents are going to get more money than they probably deserve because of the dearth of talent available this off season.

We have also had a lot of shake-ups around the league, most notably in New England, Edmonton, and Toronto, so I would expect at least one of those teams to be heavily involved in new leaders making their mark on a team by bringing in their own guys.

There may not be a lot of free agents this off season, but I think we will definitely see some excitement due to the large amount of retirees and transition in the league.

[Image: TorTuck.gif]
[Image: sAx3Llh.jpg]

I predict that we will see at least 2 massive trades in the SHL that will change the landscape of the Eastern Conference, including a current SHL Captain demanding a trade and be traded to a direct rival.

SHL League retirement is an event to behold, as is always is the case with Mass Retirements, just ask @Keygan :eyes: Though I haven't yet witnessed league-wide one, only smaller ones on a team scale. Can't-miss that for sure!

[Image: Too9kfy.png]
 Player Page  |  Update Page

IIHF Tournament

My crystal ball tells me that Team Finland is going to go all the way this year, players called up are hungry and ready to go. Management has taken the famous ´Trick book´ out and if the rumours are true, the pages studied are something that have not been opened in a long time, so strap up - gonna be wild.

S44 SHL Draft

Eggy gets passed on for first overall, because he is a smelly eggyman. We instead use our first overall pick to lock up Shaquille Derisraka because shaq > pony.

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart