Create Account

SMJHL Conflict of Interest Rule Update

01-27-2019, 07:25 PMztevans Wrote:
01-27-2019, 07:22 PMSymmetrik Wrote: This needs to have a limit placed on how many people are allowed in "management", otherwise you're allowing teams to potentially just stack up top players with 2nd round picks. What's to stop a team from having a 7 person management team? And now all 7 of those players get auto drafted in the 2nd round if they have an SMJHL player.

Add a limit, make each team list their management each season, and you would need to limit turnover at the positions.

I still have a "management" tag in Detroit Discord as a former GM of the team.  My input was minimal, at best, and I recused myself entirely ahead of the last J Draft, but they've let me keep the tag.  If this rule existed as written a season ago, they would have been stupid to not claim I was a "coach" and draft me in the second round.  Same with Montreal and ArGar, Jenny and Kelowna, etc.

Tomen with ANC too. You could do it with non alumni too if you really wanted. Literally you can just pick a player and have them essentially bypass the draft to be an auto 2nd rounder.

[Image: symmetrik.gif]

Prince George Firebirds GM (S34-S36)
Toronto North Stars GM (S37-S43)
[Image: XtyrY3M.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: SMJHL Conflict of Interest Rule Update - by Symmetrik - 01-27-2019, 07:30 PM