Create Account

S73 SMJHL PT #7 - One Season at a Time

When Squidwardo Tentacles first entered the league, I was hoping for around 40 points, 20 goals, 20 assists would be a great start for my SMJHL career. I was hoping to earn as much TPE as I could in order to improve as the season went on and be a ppg producer next season. Surprisingly the sim was very nice to me and started off with a hot start of 11 points in the first 8 games of the season, spending no time on the powerplay as well. By the end of the season I was able to pass my expectations and hit 55 points with 20 goals and 35 assists. While also leading the team in hits with 163 and having a +/- of 0. I was expecting to be better defensively and not hit as much as I did but it ended up working alright for my first season. Next season I'll have some improved offensive stats that I already improved (after the playoff upgrades closed unfortunately) and I plan on rounding out my defensive deficiencies over the offseason in order to not give the puck away so much. The big part of the season is finally here though, with the Yukon being given a first round bye for the playoffs, starting tonight we will be able to hopefully pull off an upset in the second round!

There were a lot of glorious moments in the Yukon locker room over the past season, from learning about the Dutch tradition of Sinterklaas, Tanner walking all over the state, Seppanen trying to stay in the top 10 in points for defenders, LHL trying to hit 40 points, my last 6 games trying to get that 20th goal that didnt come until the second last game of the season, and so many more.

[Image: TheOPSquid.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: S73 SMJHL PT #7 - One Season at a Time - by TheOPSquid - 11-06-2023, 12:55 PM