Create Account

Undrafted free agent - new status

Idea would be to make a new status for players who have shown to be active, but due to deep draft classes, team budgets, or position saturation, don’t end up drafted in a SHL entry draft (not talking about SMJHL draft, that system seems fine).

Potential Problem this targets : active players not being drafted and going inactive due to restrictions on site participation if undrafted.

Proposed solution: new status. Undrafted free agent. Free to sign with any team in SHL, free to continue playing for SMJHL team that owns their rights, able to participate in weekly pt tasks for SHL send downs (will need to be creative with some answers). 
To qualify for this Status player need to have done the last three activity checks and two of the last three PT tasks. (Easily demonstrating activity).

Issues with the above. 
Might not be an actual problem.
Who pays the player? (SMJHL team?)
Not sure what the admin of this would require. 
Gms might stop drafting early and hope to target ufas.

I brought this up in discord and I think I got a fair feedback that this would probably be unnecessary but then I just see it as a backstop that players have to consider if they are anxious of draft stock. (Probably only an issue in big reddit intakes).

[Image: tomasnz.gif]

Player Page

Messages In This Thread
Undrafted free agent - new status - by Tomasnz - 01-31-2019, 03:40 PM
RE: Undrafted free agent - new status - by .bojo - 01-31-2019, 04:09 PM
RE: Undrafted free agent - new status - by ml002 - 01-31-2019, 06:36 PM
RE: Undrafted free agent - new status - by .bojo - 01-31-2019, 07:12 PM
RE: Undrafted free agent - new status - by luke - 01-31-2019, 04:34 PM
RE: Undrafted free agent - new status - by O4L - 01-31-2019, 05:41 PM
RE: Undrafted free agent - new status - by ml002 - 01-31-2019, 07:36 PM
RE: Undrafted free agent - new status - by xDParK - 01-31-2019, 08:46 PM