Create Account

S69 PT #4: Hockey School February 19th @ 11:59 PM (PST)

PBE Affiliation

Player prompt:

Yannick Svoboda was a hockey player practically from birth. His father was a professional hockey player in Czechia, and so was his grandfather. Naturally, they expected him to carry on this family tradition. Interestingly, he learned how to skate before he could even walk, and learned how to shoot a hockey puck before he could talk. While other children his age were learning how to tie their shoes, Svoboda was deking out kids several years older than him.

His family ultimately moved to Nort America as his father had greater ambitions for him. He wanted Yannick to do what the couldn't: make it to the SHL. This was the first time Yannick Svoboda had learned of the SHL, as before then he had only really watched Czech hockey. The game in North America was much different, but he was excited to learn the game from a different perspective. His journey began when he was draft to the juniors by Regina, and the rest is history.

165 words

PanthersPanthersPanthersPanthers

KnightsKnightsKnightsKnights

My hockey school will be named or titled, depending on the vernacular one might choose to use, the Dick Clapper school of hockey (disclaimer, attending this school will not allow you to play forever like me). It will have a total cost of zero (0) dollary doos, that is in both canadian and american as I am a big proponent of giving back to the community. It will feature many drills and many activities, of which I know all about since I am a professional hockey player and have all of this knowledge up in my tinker. Do I believe in the success of my school? Not necessarily, because although I have been playing for a very long time and I used to be a good player, even a great player some would say (2x razov nominee) playing skills do not directly correlate to coaching skills. Can't wait to do some shooting and passing drills with these kids.

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

If I were to have a hockey school, first and foremost it will be on scholarship. Lets be real hockey is too expensive of a sport, and the families that can afford to get their kids new shit every year can afford a highend school that costs an arm and a leg. After that the school will focus on basics, teaching these kids the game and how to do what they can to excel. Each semester will also have a week dedicated to skills comps where players who feel like they excel in particular tasks can compete against each other for small prizes and bragging rights. Above all my school will teach kids not to be pieces of shit. Hockey has a bad problem with that and honestly the “how to be a decent human course” should be taken by most hockey players at all levels. And maybe some sort of arts and crafts class for goalies to help them design better looking gear

[Image: xVW1vec.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png] |  | [Image: JvdaXOj.png]
[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

Hai Nam Hoang is very familiar with hockey camps, it's the place he credits with a lot of the qualities he still holds close today. Hoang was the bright star that represented several schools in China, Japan, Canada, the United States, and across Europe. It's where Hoang learned to weaponize his slight frame and developed his fast, lightning quick reflexes to create a smothering, no-prisoners-taken style of play. He credits his teammates during the camps in opening him up to playing more with teammates, and developing his passing, as well as his determination in the face of opponents bigger, stronger, and meaner than him. Hoang does mention that it was a difficult path through some of the harder camps, and he did feel like he wasn't wanted occasionally, but his determination to succeed won out in the end, and that's why he had the season he just had.

[Image: TRVzgUB.png]

GrizzliesGrizzliesGrizzliesMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchs

shl-oldshl-oldshl-oldUsaUsaMonarchsMonarchs

PP

Nash had first heard of hockey from one of his cousins on his dads side (the pomeranian side of course). He is a sled pulling husky from the northern town of oh i dont' remember. Up where his cousin is from there is a lot of ice and the humans that they co habitate with happen to play hockey when they are not too busy running around making deliveries with the sled dogs. A few of Nash's cousins have played before and the last time that Nash went to visit, he gave it a try himself. He was a natural, moving with grace and agility on the ice its like it was in his blood to be a hockey player. When Nash returned home he took it upon himself to be the best that he could be. After breezing through the local leagues he took his talents all the way to the SMJHL draft. He couldn't be happier playing hockey with the Detroit Falcons!

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]

Alexi Piastri did not know that he would become a SHL player. Hockey just wasn't that big of a deal in his native Australia. Growing up, none of his peers in Australia even played hockey, let alone aspire to be professional hockey players. Piastri's father worked in Europe for Ferrari, so Alexi was introduced to the sport when he would spend time in Europe. Piastri eventually would attend a number of hockey schools. He played in Sweden, Finland, and Larvia. Piastri would team up with current Battleborn teammate Alekss Ivanova when he was playing in Latvia. The time that Alexi spent in Europe played a very important role in Piastri's development. There's no way that he could have prepared against quality competition if he had never left his homeland. The schools that he attended, along with the teams that he played for are a huge reason that Piastri was able to adjust to North American hockey so quickly.

[Image: Piastri2.png?ex=65ba64d4&is=65a7efd4&hm=...462889f09&]
[Image: or8VMxO.gif]

pt pass

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

Player Prompt:

Matiss got started into hockey because his dad grew up playing it so he heard of hockey from his dad. Matiss was first on hockey skates at 18 months old and started on his first organized hockey team at two years old. Growing up Matiss’s dad coached him through his youth hockey years giving him all the knowledge and teachings that he could so that my player could be the best player that he could be. Ever since Matiss was younger while growing up, he always dreamed of being in the SHL and did whatever he could to achieve his dream. Matiss did not ever attend any hockey schools, but would train day and night shooting 100+ pucks every night to work on accuracy. In the winter there would be outdoor rinks in the backyard where Matiss worked on his skating skills. Matiss always had the hockey IQ to be a great player, but it took a lot of practice and training to gain the skills to be good enough to compete at the highest levels.

Creative Prompt - Written Task

I think hockey is a way to have a good time with you friend and family before anything else. So, if given an opportunity to lend a hand for the creation of a hockey program for a school, I would focus on that as much as possible. On the other side, I know that regular hockey players would find that boring as hell, so for them, I would build a separate program. As such, I would suggest to the school to make two separate programs.

On one side, focusing on fun, the program would have no pre-requisite and would focus on making the kids experience different activities on the ice such as hockey (of course), figure skating, ringette, curling (as you can see, I’m talking anything that have something to do with ice), etc. Of course, this program would also give the basics of skating to all the kids enlisted in it. 

On the other side, focusing on developing hockey skills, you would have a more standard program that would include conditioning (since you can’t win on the ice and need to be in shape and know how to stay in shape [so basic nutrition and workout planning things would be cover]), film sessions, on ice drills and games between the students. As thing needs to stay fun, all students could change position during the year (if the choose to) and they could switch into the other group from time to time if they want to try a new activity.

Getting ready because there is only 364 days before the next hockey team selection   Renegades

[Image: Ggpmsvy.png]

Rikaad Metzller was introduced to hockey at a young age. His Father played it when he was a kid and was extremely excited to get Rikaad into skates soon after he was able to walk. He took his first stride when he was 3 and entered into hockey with the Swiss mini mites at the young age of 5. Rikaad wasn't anything special when he started out, as it took him a while to find his calling as a playmaking defensemen. After a few years bouncing around positions, with yes, some unfortunate bouts at goalie, he settled on defense as he became 10. From there Rikaad started to excel. He was put into hockey camps with some of the swiss elite kids and began to separate himself from his peers. After a few summers of hockey camp, he found himself on the Swiss 14U team and started to have the realization that he may be able to make this a career. With the help of his dad, they came up with a conditioning program to take his game too the next level. He was finally scouted around the age of 16 and made the jump over to the SMJHL right after being drafted

[Image: I3BTEQc.png][Image: dGD5tIx.png]

PLAYER PROMPT - 

Lord Raiden has been playing hockey since he was a little kid like 4 years old. So hockey has been in my entire life for the most part. I have gone to several schools and training camps. The one that helped the most was a class called, Figure skating for Hockey Players. It taught me how to skate very well. Shifting your weight to apply more power to your skating.  How your balance affects your skating and being able to transition said balance to apply more power and be a more effective skater. I was able to play in rec leagues while I was younger and this is really where I was able to test all the skills that I have learned. I was able to apply them in a real hockey game and even tweak them to suit my skating style. I was never the best hockey player on the ice, but I worked extremely hard to be the best conditioned and best skater out there. I owe a lot of it to all the schools I attended.  

-179 words

[Image: jumbobone19.gif]
[Image: 9tINabI.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: xc2IPJy.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wW0VNnL.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM @sköldpaddor @Merica for the Sigs

Creative Prompt

Klaes' hockey school would focus on the teambuilding aspects initially before jumping to individual skill training. It's important to know that in most cases, unless you're a complete superstar, you need to rely on your teammates and they need to rely on you. It would be a lot of team exercises and getting people to work as a unit. After that, he would focus on the fundamentals of the sport like skating and puckhandling before moving on to the more advanced skills. Admission would be kept at a low price to include kids with lower incomes because there is a huge gate for some people entering the sport because they can't afford basic equipment. Klaes would do what he could to remedy this by endorsing local stores and even purchasing equipment for the school. But Klaes would probably outsource this whole project because he's just not that into teaching right now and is trying to focus on his own game.

[Image: v1uynGf.png]

Highlanders

Renegades  raiders  Finland
[Image: WuTGq5J.png]

[Image: h0WZcP1.png]

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

At my hockey school we do whatever we want we get drunk we f*** this. This isn't really about hockey but just do whatever we want. We just do whatever we want you know what I mean nothing really matters no rules whatever Valley comes by sometimes and does whatever and just what we do falls. Asleep now whole gang sometimes I'm we play pokemon sometimes we don't sometimes we do whatever sometimes we serve sometimes I pass out sometimes I don't. Even go and I'm gonna shut up no one's there not even my dad and hes the one that makes the rules you know what I mean. So we oreos drink milk like man cause that's what. Happy cows do in the front California. And if anyone tells you different they're lying they're obviously not from California and also not a cow so whatever it's well known that Brown cows make. Chocolate milk so effort this is how I feel. These are those thoughts that I have at 3A. M and what I have to do with PT that I waited till the last minute so hack yeah?

[Image: Fitted_3.png]

2x 4Star Cup Champ s49 s50

1x commissioners excellence award s 50