Create Account

S74 SMJHL Postseason Bonanza

Offseason pass

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

1. Fan Appreciation Day (4 tpe)
Fan appreciation day is an excellent opportunity for a hockey team to show gratitude to its supporters and create a memorable experience for the Yukon Malamute fans. Some ideas I had included exclusive merchandise such as designing and distributing special edition merchandise like scarves and rally towels, with the team's logo and a "Thank You Fans" message. I would have these items created by local artists in Yukon for unique and limited-edition items while supporting the local community. Another idea I had would be a player meet and greet session with the Yukon Malamutes players and staff after the game, allowing fans to interact with their favorite players, take photos, and get autographs in the team locker room. I would also do in game fan challenges incorporating fans during breaks between periods, where selected attendees can participate in on ice games or contests to win exclusive prizes that engage fans in interactive activities that showcase their skills, such as shooting challenges or mini-games. I would choose to have fan appreciation day on the final regular season home game in Yukon to thank all of the fans and would also try to make the game tickets cheaper that day so it can be inclusive for everyone to participate.
Words: 207

3. Secret Plans (6 tpe)
The Yukon Malamutes have a bunch of different secret plans for the team they would like to test out to go the extra mile to get wins next season. This includes introducing cutting-edge training methods, incorporating advanced technologies like virtual reality simulations and biometric monitoring to enhance player performance and decision-making. In addition there will be a secret playbook expansion to develop a set of new and innovative plays that catch opponents off guard. Collaborate with sports psychologists to design plays that play into the team's strengths and exploit the weaknesses of opponents. There will also be strategic equipment modifications where the team’s management will work closely with equipment manufacturers to develop specialized gear tailored to enhance the team's unique playing style. This could include aerodynamic enhancements for speed, custom stick designs, or advanced goalie equipment. In addition there will be a complete data analytics overhaul where management will invest heavily in data analytics to gain a competitive edge. Utilize advanced statistical models to analyze player performance, opponent strategies, and in-game situations, providing coaches with real-time insights for strategic decisions. Nutritional optimization will also be focused on as team management will collaborate with nutritionists to develop personalized and optimized meal plans for each player. The focus would be on improving recovery times, energy levels, and overall physical well-being. There will also be more stealthy scouting operations from the Yukon management to enhance scouting efforts with covert methods to gather intelligence on opponents. This will involve discreetly attending practices, hiring undercover scouts, or using advanced video analysis to decode opposing team strategies. Yukon is also developing mental conditioning programs which goal is to implement innovative mental conditioning programs to enhance player focus, resilience, and decision-making under pressure. This could involve collaboration with sports psychologists and the integration of mindfulness and visualization techniques.
Words: 301

4. Funtimes (4 tpe)
As the Fun Director for the Yukon Malamutes hockey team, my goal is to organize an unforgettable teambuilding event that combines relaxation, camaraderie, and a touch of adventure. After a demanding season, it's essential to create an atmosphere where players, coaches, and staff can unwind, connect, and recharge. So here is what I think will be important to include in a fun adventure day for the Yukon team starting with a scenic wilderness retreat which includes arranging for a retreat in the picturesque Yukon wilderness. A cozy lodge surrounded by nature provides the perfect backdrop for a day of relaxation. Organize a variety of outdoor activities such as hiking, fishing, or canoeing, allowing everyone to enjoy the breathtaking Yukon landscape. These activities promote teamwork, communication, and a sense of accomplishment. There will also be a an organized BBQ lunch featuring local Yukon delicacies. This informal setting encourages players and staff to mingle, share stories, and enjoy delicious food together. In addition there will be team specific Yukon team awards and recognition ceremony taking the opportunity to recognize individual and team achievements from the past season. Hand out light-hearted awards or acknowledgments to celebrate the unique qualities of each team member.
Words: 200

18. Milestones (2 tpe)
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....614&page=2

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars
(This post was last modified: 01-16-2024, 10:29 PM by Kyamprac. Edited 3 times in total.)

Code:
You may claim affiliation from an (one, 1) ISFL, PBE or SSL PT this season for a max of 3 TPE.

+3 ISFL Affiliate

Code:
11. A 6 Star Show
Make a dream team of players from any team in the playoffs, with 3 forwards, 2 defenseman and a goalie, and give an explanation for each pick. It could be the best team ever, or alternative maybe the worst?

This is easy, because a good chunk of my dream team already basically exists in the Js and it just so happened to make the playoffs this season (we're out now but that's okay).

Forwards: Edouard Lavoie / Mia Lavoie / Jean-Jacques Francois Jacques-Jean

Anyone who's been paying attention to Maine's roster knows this dream team of forwards already plays on the same line together - Edouard plays center with support from his faithful wingers Mia and JJ Frankie JJ. This line isn't just a dream because the three of us are friend in real life, but actually produces some solid results in the sim as well.

Defense: Jeff Goldblum / Teemu Salami

Jeff Goldblum is a Maine legend and so just has to be on the dream team full of Maine players. I know what you're thinking though.. "Are you dumb? Teemu Salami doesn't play defense!" and that's okay. In my opinion, there's nothing Teemu can't do out on the ice and that includes backing up a team full of Timber players. This guy is awesome and I'd love to have him along on our dream team.

Goaltender: Shotty McStopper

Another Maine staple and close friend of our forward line, McStopper is yet another vital piece of this epic Timber dream team. It's right in his name - this tendy won't let any shots get by and he's only sure to get better as time goes on.

(229 words - 4 TPE)

Code:
16. Goals
Although your career may still be in its early stages, it's still a great time to think about the future. What are some goals you have for your career, or some personal goals for the site? Are you striving for a HOF induction? Getting a site job?

I have now had multiple players across multiple different sim leagues, and yet never set a die hard goal from a statistical or "performance" perspective for any of them. While everyone hopes for their player to have a successful career leading to a potential hall of fame nod or a championship ring, at the end of the day we have very little control over what happens with our players in the sim. We can build them up to be the best they can be, give them the best chance possible by max earning and applying TPE... and still watch them crash and burn in the sim engine because it decided not to like them on every roll of the dice. And that's okay, that's the nature of gambling our time with RNGesus night after night. Doesn't bother me one way or another, really.

Having said all of that, I can set some loose personal goals outside of the sim that bring me some joy in sim leagues. For example, in this SHL playthrough I hope to keep playing on same team as my husband, Amidships. We were lucky enough to land in Maine together, and would love to find the same home in the big league someday as well. No, we're not forcing ourselves to a particular team in the draft to make this goal a reality (despite what some seem to think aloud), but we are making our preference to play together pretty well known to anyone who takes the time to scout and get to know us. Historically we've both been very open to joining any team in leagues and completely flexible to our teams' needs, whether that means spending our whole career on that team or getting traded between many to help them meet their goals.. this time we thought we'd share a preference that centers on our goals. It's something that'll keep both of us engaged in the league and further help us enjoy our love of hockey together! Whether it happens through draft, a trade later in our careers, or free agency, think it's a goal worth pursuing.

(353 words - 7 TPE)

Code:
18. Milestones - COMING SOON
You will have the opportunity to cover up to 3/16 TPE with milestones relating to your player's performance/accolades during the season. Link your post in the Milestones thread and post your comment in your CW reply to claim. They will come soon!

+2 TPE

3 + 4 + 7 + 2 = 16 total teeps

[Image: kyamprac1.gif]
thank you amid, swoosh and eni for sigs! <3

Task 18: (3 TPE)

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3461015 - Milestones Claim

12. On the Radar (366 words, 7 TPE)

It's impossible not to notice Jesus Murphy when he takes the ice for the Anchorage Armada of the SMJHL. Standing at 6'5 and over 220 pounds as a teenager is in and of itself imposing, let alone for a young man who carries the third-generation legacy of his father Kermit and grandfather Tig, both excellent players and Challenge Cup winners. Yet for a brash, physical forward, it is evident that Murphy has been instructed from a young age by his highly talented family members, as he moves gracefully in spite of his bulk and possesses a deft touch with the puck. The first of his family line to not be drafted by the Detroit Falcons, it is little wonder that he was a highly sought after selection in the SMJHL entry draft and went in the top 10, landing in Anchorage. Hockey's collective white whale is the player who puts brains and brawn together to create the ultimate package, and scouts are no doubt drooling at the idea of Murphy being that player - especially factoring in his esteemed bloodline. However, there is a great deal of improvement needed in his game for Murphy to become that lofty ideal.

While his skating is good, especially for his size, he is far from a burner and some additional foot speed will serve him well. He possesses many of the traits of an elite goal scorer, but struggled at times as a rookie to find opportunities - putting himself in better spots to create more shots and use his nose for the net will be paramount if he's going to reach his potential. Similarly, if he wants to play centre at the highest levels, he will always have to strike a tough balance between the positional needs at centre and the bruising powerforward style he is built for, so he'll have to make better reads moving forward to allow for a more seamless integration into his SHL team's system.

All this said, Murphy is an intriguing combination of raw potential and polished intelligence. If he realizes just how good he can be, the sky's the limit and one lucky team will reap the reward at the draft later this week.

16. Goals (356 words, 7 TPE)

A lot of things are out of your direct control as a player, so largely you have to focus on being your best in terms of earning TPE and updating. However, I do have some goals in mind for my third player, Jesus Murphy.

First among these is winning a Four Star Cup. After a well-publicized, certified Bad Time attempting to win one as Detroit's GM for a very long time, I finally got one as a manager. However, in both player careers so far, winning a Four Star Cup has eluded me. I've been fortunate enough to win many things as a player: Challenge Cups, individual awards, even IIHF gold medals (lots of these as it turns out). But getting to actually hoist the Four Star during my brief window of time in the SMJHL would be amazing.

Secondly, this will be my first career as a forward. Kermit Murphy was a forward in junior but I switched to defense because the GM was bad and needed someone to move to address a positional need (it was me, I'm the GM). As a result, I've never really had the chance to experience the whole "scoring a lot of points" thing I keep hearing about, and it sounds fun. The goal is to build a beastly powerforward who can excel offensively and defensively.

After my first player, Tig Murphy, was a first ballot hall of famer after a career that saw me win two cups, defenseman of the year (+2 runner ups), defensive defenseman of the year (+2 runner ups), and being one of the most prolific offensive defensemen of his era, Kermit Murphy was underwhelming in comparison. Winning the goal scoring race in my final SMJHL season and rookie of the year in my first SHL season would be the only individual accomplishments of note, outside of winning two Challenge Cups of course. While he certainly had a fantastic career, I'm not convinced Kermit is HOF material, and I'd love to have another career where I achieve some level of individual success. Of course, that's a lot to ask for, so we'll have to see.

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

3. Secret Plans (153 words; 3 TPE)
It was a great season for the Detroit Falcons, finishing third in the regular season and making it to the Finals against the Colorado Raptors. Whether the Falcons can manage to defeat the Raptors or not, they will be looking to improve next season with a clear target on their backs. One way the Falcons plan to do this is adopting the diet of the rookie Teemu Salami. What is that diet, you might ask? Dino nuggets. Once thought to be just a snack for children, dino nuggets are considered to be a superfood, at least according to Salami. Surprisingly, there might be something to his claims. Dino nuggets are all natural chicken with no antibiotics. They feature strictly white meat and have 600mg of omega-3. For every serving, they have 10g of protein which should help strengthen the Falcons as they look to have another great season and return to the Finals.

8. An Alternate Timeline (105 words; 2 TPE)
If I weren't playing for the Detroit Falcons in the playoffs, I'd be playing for the other team in the Finals. The Colorado Raptors. I'd likely slot right into the fourth line for the Raptors, playing on the wing. I'd make a huge impact for the team, but not for the reason you think. By now you're probably thinking I'm a traitor. In a crucial game seven with the series tied, I'd put in an own goal to give the Falcons the Finals win. Nothing but love for you Colorado, but go Detroit baby. Down but not out. We'll see you in Detroit tomorrow night.

13. Superstitious (108 words; 2 TPE)
Just like many other hockey players, Teemu Salami absolutely believes in superstitions. About three hours before game time, Salami puts down ten dino nuggets. Not the Tyson brand, but Yummy Dino Buddies. While the dino nuggets stay the same, the part that changes is the dipping sauce. Salami does not discriminate and has been known to rotate between classic ketchup, ranch, BBQ sauce, and honey mustard amongst others. Salami believes in this superstition because it has proved to work so far. In his first season, the Detroit Falcons made it to the Finals. That's a recipe for success, and one Salami will likely continue at the next level.

Front Cover - 3 TPE
[Image: FsxPsC8.png]

Charity Drive - 3 TPE
[Image: wzKD2br.png]

S74 SMJHL Milestones (3 TPE)
Link here

[Image: dinonuggets2.gif]
[Image: lIYTYDN.png]
Credit to Amidships & sulovilen

8. An Alternate Timeline
In an Alternate timeline I dont think I would be even playing in this league, I was dead set on playing as a goalie, as I do in every hockey league I ever was in so I didnt have any plans on changing my position, but sadly for me except loreoh, QCC Gm only two other reached out to me, but only for a small talk not to sign me, so I think if it wasnt for him I wouldnt even play in this league and would have just moved on without trying this, but IF I had to say on which team I see myself it would be Nevada Battleborn, even tho I dont see myslef playing over Just Perfection since he played one more season than myself I would like to go there because Cameron Kalashnikov, the secondary goalie is my good friend so I would love to play together with him as a duo of goalies. (159 words)

14. R&R
Lukas Konecny came home to Czech Republic after the loss and got to drinking as soon as the plane landed, he doesnt even remember the first night he was on Czech soil, but somehow the next day he woke up in his bed at his home. The second day was the day of celebrating with his family and friends and mainly talking on how he was with his teammates and city. Lukas told them all about the other rookies and how he was in Quebec. It was fun gathering once again just full of alcohol and laughter. After having full week of meetups with old friends and more drinking he finally had a break, or so he thought beacuse now media were bothering him to the fullest, since he is just a few steps from the biggest ice hockey stage of the world there is a bit of curiosity around this tall goalie. After another week of dealing with media he could finally endurge himself into guilty pleasures. Sleeping and eating whatever he wanted for a few days before he had to go back into off-season training so he could show them next season that he will be the best goalie ever. (202 words)

16. Goals
I guess the main goal I have for this is so that the name Lukas Konecny is remembered for a while, mby get some kind of record or just be stuck in peoples head for something that the goalie did, doesnt have to be something grand just something to remember him for. Ofcourse I would like to set records left and right but there are so many active users that I think it will be near impossible if I dont dedicate my life to this site, which is kinda impossible for me cuz of irl stuff lol. As i said before I guess my personal goal is to be atleast active enough so i can get among top players with it hindering my personal life, that could be taken as a goal Iam setting on myself. I think those are all my goals for this site, cant think of much more. (151 words)

17. Feedback
For me this is first time playing in this kind of league where you are trying to get points (TPE) to improve your player and get better. Honestly it just been such a great experience I dont even know what to write exacly, but the whole community is wholesome, when i first joined some GMs just made small talk with me even tho they had no intention of signing me which was cool a new for me. All of these posts where we had to write for TPE were fun aswell, atleast I have some means on improving my english, hopefully i can get even better in the coming seasons. Overally just great league and I think Iam gonna invite some of my irl friends when they are not so busy with college and life, hope they join so we can power up the Czech national team and win some throphies. (151 words)

18. Milestone
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3461590
3 + 4 + 3 + 3 + 3 = 16 TPE

Ticking this off, not eligible as S76
(This post was last modified: 01-20-2024, 11:06 PM by KalixIzalumi. Edited 2 times in total.)

4). funtimes!

After such a long season, I think the team is in for a much deserved day of relaxation after a flight over to Elly's birth home in Japan! She would want to show the team her zoo and her family. Even before she left to become apart of the mutes, Elly had brothers and sisters of various ages and the team would get to meet them and play with all the cubs. Nothing like cute leopard young hopping all around you to raise the spirit! The team would have special access of course. This most recent JSHL season ending is the absolute perfect time to visit Sapporo as the snow festival will be in full swing. After visiting the the team could then spend time walking through the parks and areas hosting the snow festival with hot drinks and enjoy all the sculptures and entertainment, with concerts and music abound (and the snow cubs would come along too of course). I'm sure there will be street food around and sprits will be incredibly high as people enjoy sharing their snow sculptures with the public. Plus the leopard cubs love to hop around the snow and jump out at the team, (they be super sneaky). Unbeknownst to the team until they arrive, a special spot is reserved for them so they can all work together trying to build a giant replica of the malamutes mascot. Skill doesn't matter as long as they have fun, and there will be plenty of thrown snowballs and tossing each other into the snow knowing them.

After having a morning full of snow and fun, there are many restaurants and dining options around the area with very authentic Hokkaido dishes. The team can chow down on various types of ramen and of course Elly's favorite seafood! Various types of fresh crab and fresh scallops are a common sight around Sapporo. As the day enters the early to mid afternoon, the team can take a walk together up to Hokkaido shrine and see some of the historical sights along the way, taking their time as they go. There is the university, the clock tower, and many other parks besides ones for the snow festival. When the team arrives at the shrine they can take a moment to wind down and pay their respects together. (and Elly will show them a napping spot nearby since its so peaceful up here). The shrine is home to the soul of Emperor Meiji and the various gods that protect the area. Close by (15 minute ride) is also Fushimi Inari shrine which is famous for its 27 tori gates and an important spiritual place. It is perfect for pictures and just has a unique feeling about it. 

As the day enters the evening and the sun starts to dip towards the horizon, the team will find their luggage was delivered for them to their stay for the evening. A hotel/resort with an spring attached and other amenities so they can really end this full day with relaxation. Hotels such as these are known for lots of relaxing, comfort and impeccable hospitality. There is even the choice between public onsen, OR private, if any team members wish to relax by themselves. These locations are surrounded by nature and will promote a very restorative atmosphere to the team. The service they offer includes massages and beauty services should any team member wish to partake, (elly will definitely get kitty massages), provided drinks and a much quieter softer dining experience as well. 

While this is all that is "planned" for the trip, one thing that is also accounted for is the location. Located near the onsen resort, and lavish areas around Sapporo, is the Susukino district. This is the largest and liveliest entertainment district Sapporo has to offer, so if any team members wish to continue their fun times into the night (and return home drunk or otherwise with a little less change in their pockets), that is totally up to them. Partying all night, shows, pachinko; there is much to offer in the small space. The next day a trip is planned home, in whatever state the team happens to be in, but one thing is certain, It will be a wonderful day to remember. 
(719 words  -->700 = 14 TPE)

1). Fan Appreciation Day! 
something cheap, yet of good quality and unique would be amazing to provide to the mutes fans. As dedicated as they are, they deserve something that sets them apart from other normal goods just a little. So we have designed a small "foam finger" of sorts. This design will be a giant paw! It will have the mutes pupper in the middle on one side and toe beans on the other side for added cuteness. The paw includes all the mutes colors the overall color being the mutes blue, but the paw pads being mostly red with a touch of white in the center. its absolutely perfect for both diehard and casual fans alike. 
(114 words --> 100 = 2 TPE)

to note: While the time frame may be a tad stretched out for fantasy sake, the trip above is a mostly viable trip. Sapporo is famous for its snow festival and "onsen village". it is home to the listed shrines, susukino district, historical marks and lots and lots of fun. The trip could be done in one day if everything was on a semi strict schedule.
(This post was last modified: 01-26-2024, 02:53 AM by Amidships. Edited 1 time in total.)

16. Goals -  500+ words, +10 TPE

Although your career may still be in its early stages, it's still a great time to think about the future. What are some goals you have for your career, or some personal goals for the site? Are you striving for a HOF induction? Getting a site job?

I have a few simple goals and a few longer term goals. Firstly, I wanted to play on the same line with my wife and good friend in the Juniors. The Junior league is a training ground and place to learn for new users that should not be taken too seriously. It was the perfect place to try to link up with friends without harming the overall competitive balance of the league. It is a short term league with the goal of preparing users/players for moving on to the SHL. I am very happy things worked out and am especially thankful to the general managers that made it happen.

My second goal is using my short time in the Juniors to try to win a title. Like I said, it is a training ground, so if it does not happen so be it. However, I would really like to attempt to get the championship as it is the only of the three sim leagues I participate in that I do not have. I actually signed as an undrafted free agent with the Vancouver Whalers on my first player the year they won a cup, however it did not count as I did not hit the ice with the team. My goal is to try to spend some additional time down to reach this goal and mark it off of my list. Even if this does not happen, I will just be happy that I was able to play on the same team as my friends.

In the SHL, I would like to do a little bit more scoring this time. I do not have any particular number in mind, I just want to contribute offensively to my team. On my last player, I played a defensive defenseman for awhile, before transitioning to more of a playmaker and quarterback role. Despite the change in role, my player still finished top ten in shots blocked. This time around, I think it would be cool to climb the leaderboards of an offensive stat. I am not particularly concerned about which one, so long as it can help my team win. Ultimately, team success is more important for me than individual success, so if I can help push my team to a cup I would be thrilled.

Lastly, I would like to hit two thousand TPE this time around. Last time, I was something like twenty TPE short of hitting that number which was extremely frustrating. I got frustrated toward the end of the career and started paying less attention and failed to complete several tasks which likely lead to failing to reach the mark. This go around, I intend to complete every task I can outside of fantasy hockey as I am pretty terrible and I do not enjoy the time it takes to complete the drafts. Hopefully this time around, this will be enough to reach the ranks of the elite players that have done it in the past. It will take a long time to get there, but I play to do my best to do so.

17. Feedback - 150+ words, +3 TPE

For recreates, how was doing this new version of CW compared to the old one? Was the experience better, or worse? How were the PT changes? For first gens, you can also talk about your experiences with PTs in general too this season!

I will not lie, I think the total amount of words required to complete this task is too high by a fair amount. There is a lot of time to do it, so I can somewhat understand the length. That said, it is a lot of effort to complete something that should be a simple offseason task. If we are only comparing this version of the task to the old version, I think the changes are definitely a step in the right direction. Allowing users to write as much as they want on one task makes more sense, since they might feel like they have more to say about one topic over another. I know I certainly do. Ultimately, writing tasks are always going to be tedious, so I understand it is difficult to find a good balance between effort and reward, but I think you can probably pull it back a smidge to make things a little better.

18. Milestones - +3 TPE

You will have the opportunity to cover up to 3/16 TPE with milestones relating to your player's performance/accolades during the season. Link your post in the Milestones thread and post your comment in your CW reply to claim. They will come soon!

CENTER
Goals -> 30 or more 30
Assists -> 48 or more 22
Points -> 74 or more 52
+/- -> +19 or higher +19
Penalty Minutes -> 18 or fewer 34
Shots on goal -> 183 or more 198
Hits -> 44 or more 60
Takeaways -> 26 or more 28
Shots Blocked -> 21 or more 30

Fights Won -> 1 or more 0
Powerplay Points -> 29 or more 6

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3465821

[Image: uMyJK4x.png]

9. What's in a Name?
A player name is the first of many steps that mark the start of a new SHL career. From meme names, real life references and parodies of hockey players, there are a wonderful assortment of names that can be found throughout the league. Which player(s) have the best name and why?

I’m going to be a little boneheaded and pick Carter Crutchfield as one of the best names in the league this season. With the heritage factor weighed in, the second son of Los Angeles Panthers legend Chris Crutchfield, the young defenceman has a lot of pedigree in his player. There are a couple of other players in this draft class that have pedigree – Niclas Wastlund, the grandson of the Los Angeles Panthers legendary GM, and whatever Wannabefinn named his player, another one of the Kekkonen clan. One of the coolest things to me about the SHL is that people can do stuff like this and create family legacies for their players. Although mine have generally not been great, Wasty and Wannabefinn have created their fair share of legendary players.

Hopefully Carter Crutchfield can be somewhat decent, and hopefully carve out himself a slot to be like “hey, those Crutchfield’s aren’t so bad”. Chris was great, but Chuck was not. Hopefully Carter is a lot more like Chris and less like his brother. Although Chuck wasn’t aful, Chris Crutchfield was my benchmark of what Carter was supposed to be, even though he ended up flaming out and not even being that great at all. Mediocre at best.

206 (+4 TPE)

14. R&R
It's almost officially the offseason. Whether you just won the cup or didn't even make it past the first round of the playoffs, it's time to take a break and look toward the SHL draft. Tell us how you're spending your time this offseason, whether it be with family or friends.

For Carter Crutchfield, the offseason is just more time to train. Whether it’s getting to know different SHL Team managements before the draft comes up, or finding more ice time to be able to work on running a powerplay and being a generally effective SMJHL defenceman, the offseason is just more time for Crutchfield to improve his game.

However, Crutchfield did not go very high in the draft despite being top 10 in TPE, which will give him a chip on his shoulder going forward in his SHL / SMJHL career. Hopefully he can make those teams regret passing on him. Not that draft order matters, but it’s always nice to be desired by a team.

167 (+3 TPE)

16. Goals

For Carter Crutchfield, the long term goal would be to make the Hall of Fame. There has never been a player from the crutch / ligma player agency to ever make the SHL Hall of Fame. I’d like to change that this go around by having a Hall of Fame player. However, I know that requires a ton of work and now I’m actually going to have to do media and graphics to keep my TPE up, but it’s doable long term. Along with that, winning a Scott Stevens trophy would be incredible – my “first” player won that, and it would be fitting if I could do that over the course of Carter’s career. However, all of the players within the SHL now are super talented, and with FHM (something I’m not familiar with) being the sim system now, it’s hard to do and it boils down to chance, but it would be incredible to be able to win a cup and/or make the Hall of Fame. I’d be happy with one. Anything more than that would be absolutely incredible. We’ll see how everything turns out but that are the long term goals for this player. Let’s see how achievable it is though.

203 (+4 TPE)

17. Feedback
For recreates, how was doing this new version of CW compared to the old one? Was the experience better, or worse? How were the PT changes? For first gens, you can also talk about your experiences with PTs in general too this season!

I think that this way of doing Championship Week is really good – props to the PT team for coming up with this way of doing things. I like it a lot better than having to write 50 words on a bunch of different prompts, but that’s just my personal opinion. The PT changes in general were really good – I feel like that the “flow” of PT’s got interrupted this season by Christmas / New Year’s which made it difficult for me to remember when things were due and that I actually had to do things but that’s why the Portal exists, along with the PT tracker that loads in at the top of the site which is also a phenomenal improvement and something I’m personally stoked to see on the SHL. All in all, my first season really “back” since the Portal has come to fruition was so easy and a great success. Honestly, the best thing the SHL has ever done, minus creating the new index and switching to FHM.

171 (+3 TPE)

8. An Alternate Timeline
If you weren't playing for your current team, which team would you most like to be playing for in the playoffs. Explain why you chose that team and how you think you'd slot into their roster. Would your player make a big impact on the team? Would you improve their chances of winning a cup?

The Detroit Falcons (even though I’m pretty sure they won), they have my boys @dankoa and @WannabeFinn on the team, and fuck I really wanted to go there at the beginning of the season but found myself settling quite nicely into Anchorage. They have a really well built team and it would have been so sick to bring back those feelings of 2015 LAP with me, WBF and Daniel all in the same LR. I miss them dearly. With that being said, I do like being in Anchorage but a part of me wishes that Carter Crutchfield was a Falcon. Love u boys.

103 (+2 TPE)

18. Milestones - COMING SOON

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3460451 +3 TPE - SMJHL Milestones

(+3 TPE)

Hopefully all this together makes 16 lol.

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

18. Milestones - got 3TPE

[Image: 7t15l3k.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-25-2024, 06:05 PM by r0tzbua. Edited 1 time in total.)

4. Funtimes
Boy oh boy, who chose me - one of the most boring people to ever walk this earth - to be a fun director? Well no matter the questionable choices I will still give my best to be the most awesome fun director the Maine Timbers have ever seen! A hard season is behind us, well fought but without the results we all wanted to see - no cup for us. But that does not mean we do not deserve to still let go and have a lot of fun. So I am officially announcing the Maine Timbers super awesome fun day of spectacular things! We start the day with sleeping in and then doing a nice brunch. Because what is better than getting your belly full without having to get up early? Nothing. After that we are going to do what everyone does these days: Axe throwing. But we are called the Timber after all so it makes a lot of sense for us to enjoy this and get some Lumberjack vibes up in here. It is not mandatory but everyone gets extra points if they sing the Monthy Python lumberjack song while throwing. After expending all that energy we will head out to an Arcade and get some good and chill game time in to recoup our strength and make sure we do not only do hard, physical work since that is what we have done all season and can spend some quality time competing without exhausting ourselves even more.

Once we all got our dollar bills spent and grabbed all the fun things with our tickets it is time for our favorite thing: Dinner! We will have a nice barbecue with some good meats, veggies and all the options outdoors close to the beach. And as a special treat I have organized a firework in Timber colours!

307 words - 6 TPE

16. Goals
I may not be a veteran, but I have had many a players in multiple sim leagues and never have I set myself any performance goals. Well, that is a lie. My first player - a Linebacker - I wanted to become sack leader in the team but quickly learned the sim is a sim and a random number generator is a random number generator so more often than not these goals never work out and if you set yourself performance goals it just comes down to disappointing yourselves and maybe even get disillusioned and stop enjoying your player. That is why I stopped setting myself any performance goals for my players very fast.

These days the main importance for me is to have fun. Have fun in the locker room, have fun with my teammates and not burn myself out by forcing myself to ultra max earn. It is all about the locker room these days and making sure it is an enjoyable place for me to hang out, do some chin wagging and enjoy the time there. Second goal for me is to be a help to my team. Do whatever they ask of me as good as I can. While that may not include the aforementioned max earning because I know it will just burn myself out - and thus not be a help anymore - it includes earning to the best of my abilities and not have an ego about how I am played, where I am played and what my stats for any given season will be. I just want to do what is best for the team without impacting other players on the team and their wishes.

This sounds like a lame goal for some maybe but fun is the most important aspect for me and especially the fun of other players on the team. So long story short: My goals are to make sure everyone can achieve their goals through my actions. And if I can make that happen for people I will be the happiest and feel like all my goals were achieved that I could ever be.

352 words - 7 TPE

18. Milestones
3 TPE earned here

Total:
6+7+3=16

14. R&R
The Regina Elk were bounced in the first round of the playoffs. What can one expect? They were a middling squad that was qualified for the playoffs from day one as a consequence of their divisional placement. You could even say they overachieved a bit -- managing to survive for the maximum seven games. By the time that the final game rolled around, Mary Hollywood had had enough. For those who had not been watching, Mary had a horrific series. After a pretty decent debut season in the J, Mary put up a pathetic one point in seven games for a deeply appalling -3 plus/minus rating -- even more appalling when you consider the fact that Mary hangs out on the power play and is really only deployed in the most favorable of conditions (she is allergic to defending).

After this stressful and extraordinarily disappointing series, Mary was due for a vacation. It was time for her to get as far away from the game of hockey and Regina as possible (she hated this place anyway). For her initial stop, she hopped into her incredibly disgusting Mitsubishi and began the exhausting road trip back to Philadelphia, the far more glorious and culturally significant city from which she originally hailed. With her trusty empty Dunkin' Donuts iced coffee in hand (and many more empty ones on the passenger side floor), she quickly scampered over the border and made it to the good old U S of A. As she traveled further eastward, she reached the great state of Pennsylvania. However, like most people from Philadelphia, she was not exactly a fan of the rest of Pennsylvania outside of the general Delaware Valley area. In truth, there wasn't much love for Philadelphians outside of that area either. I guess that makes sense. Nevertheless, she made sure to litter the highway with an iced coffee cup or two as she sped along.

When she finally reached the City of Brotherly Love, our queen was exhausted. She hit the hay immediately upon her return to her apartment, which was in remarkably good condition. She took that to mean she was a well-adjusted and clean person (as many of you know by now, she is not), forgetting that she had paid a cleaning service to spruce up the joint while she was away in her shoebox in Regina. Nice usage of that first purchase, Mary. Upon waking at like 2 PM the following day, the place was almost immediately a mess as she pulled up UberEats, demanded that an iced coffee and a croissant be brought to her ASAP Rocky, and made herself some popcorn. It was time to begin the vacation.

Mary scrolled on through her phone, seeking inspiration for where she might spend the next few months before she was forced to get back to playing hockey (it is, after all, her job). Chuckling to herself, she ironically looked up what human settlement was the furthest from Regina. Apparently it was Port-aux-Francais, a weird French research station in the middle of the Indian Ocean. That was decidedly not what Mary was looking for. But, it did give her an idea. Welcome to Mary's French getaway.

She hurriedly booked her travel and lodging accommodations and decided she would be spending her summer in Paris. The plane ride was exceptionally brutal, specifically for those people sitting next to Mary. When she put on her ASMR podcast and fell asleep, her bucket of popcorn fell out of her lap and all over the belongings of her poor neighbors. The first few hours of the flight went without incident for Mary herself, though. She was able to sleep it off, but eventually the nicotine cravings forced her to give in. She awoke in a cold sweat and removed her little sleep mask (awful vibes from Mary for wearing one of those things, but I digress) before scuttling down the aisle and into the bathroom. Looking up at the "NO SMOKING" sign, Mary let out a chuckle.

"Ha. I'm not smoking."

Mary's vape, technically speaking, was not a cigarette. I do not think that such a distinction would be made by the authorities. Indeed, this splitting of hairs was not appreciated, and by the time that the plane had landed Ms. Hollywood was in the custody of French authorities. What a bummer! Her vacation was surely cut short, right?

Wrong. If there's anything Mary had learned over the last year, it was that she was, technically, a professional athlete. Consequently, she should be more physically capable than most individuals. It was this fact that enabled all 6 feet of Mary Hollywood to engineer her escape from French prison.

Without her wallet, Mary didn't really have any cash on her. This did not deter her from reaching the Airbnb that she had booked. Mary hailed a taxi and offered the driver a hit of her vape (she did manage, at least, to keep that in her pocket while she was briefly incarcerated) and he took her to the nice country villa where she spent the remainder of her time abroad. Getting back to the other side of the Atlantic was going to be a bit more of a problem, but with the help of the American embassy and her own quick wit she was able to make up some story about losing her stuff and being stranded in France, and they were able to get her back home to Philadelphia.

So, what did YOU guys do this offseason?

918 WORDS

Elk  Rage
[Image: cLeHjn1.png]
Sig by sulovilen!

18. WonderBread Milestone Post
(3 TPE)

GGFG! Grizzlies

1. Fan Appreciation: The Ram bobblehead, which will be given out during opening night of the Nevada Battleborn, is a fun and exciting collectible item for fans of the team. Standing at six inches tall, this bobblehead features the iconic Ram mascot of the Battleborn, complete in the team's blue and gold jersey, hockey pads and skates. The Ram is shown with a fierce expression on its face, ready to charge into battle on the ice. The bobblehead is made from high-quality resin, ensuring that it will last for years to come. It's the perfect addition to any Battleborn fan's collection, and it's sure to be a hit with both kids and adults alike. Whether you're a die-hard fan of the team or simply looking for a fun and unique collectible, the Ram bobblehead is a must-have item for any Nevada Battleborn fan. Limited quantities are available and will be given to the first 5,000 fans in attendance.
(155 words - 3 TPE)

3. Secret Plans: Off-season training is an essential part of any successful athlete's routine, and ice hockey is no exception. For members of the Nevada Battleborn, the off-season presents a unique opportunity to hone their skills and gain a competitive edge over their opponents in the upcoming season. With this in mind, the team has devised a secret plan to take their training to the next level.
The first step in the plan is to invest in state-of-the-art training equipment. This includes everything from high-tech skating treadmills to virtual reality simulations that allow players to practice their moves in a virtual game setting. The team has also secured the services of top-notch trainers and coaches, who will provide personalized training regimens that address each player's specific needs. The team is also exploring new high-altitude and oxygen deprivation strategies and tactics that they hope will increase stamina and endurance, thus improving their play in high-altitude settings and giving them a competitive edge on the ice closer to sea level.
In addition to physical training, the team is also focusing on mental preparation. This includes mindfulness and meditation techniques designed to help players stay focused and calm under pressure.
Finally, the team is committed to building strong relationships among its members. This includes team-building exercises and bonding activities that will help players develop trust and camaraderie, both of which are essential for success on the ice.
All in all, the Nevada Battleborn's secret plan for off-season training is comprehensive and ambitious. By investing in cutting-edge training equipment, high-altitude training, personalized coaching, mental preparation, and team building, the team hopes to gain a competitive edge over their opponents in the upcoming season. If all goes according to plan, fans can expect to see a stronger, faster, more cohesive team on the ice next year. Go Battleborn!
(300 words - 6 TPE)

14. R&R - Caspian Leevi, a talented defenseman for the Nevada Battleborn, is ready to enjoy a well-deserved break after a long and challenging hockey season. He has decided to spend his off-season in a mix of relaxation, travel, and training to prepare for the upcoming season.
To start, Caspian plans to take some time off to rest and recover from the grueling physical demands of the sport. He will unwind by spending time with his family and friends, enjoying boating, hiking and learning how to cook.
In addition to his leisure activities, Caspian will be traveling to his home country of Finland to visit his family and his sister that just had her first child. He is excited to catch up with his loved ones and fully immerse himself in the uncle life. His two dogs reside with his parents in Finland, so he is excited to see them and take them hiking and to swim at the lake. After Finland, he plans to make a quick stop in Mallorca to soak up the sun and enjoy the beach before heading back to Nevada.
But while Caspian is taking some time off, he is also committed to maintaining his fitness and conditioning. He will be hitting the gym regularly to stay in top shape and practicing his skills on the ice to improve his performance for next season. He will also attend yoga and pilates classes to increase his flexibility and reduce the likelihood of future injuries.
Before the season begins, Caspian will return to Nevada to begin skating and attend scrimmages and informal practices with teammates.
(265 words - 5 TPE)

15. Charity Drive- Caspian Leevi is not only a talented hockey player, but also a compassionate individual who values the importance of giving back to the community. Caspian has pledged to donate a portion of his earnings to various organizations in the area, including those supporting underprivileged children and families in need. He also plans to use his platform as a professional athlete to raise awareness and funds for the Children's Hospital and humanitarian organizations such as Doctors Without Borders and Care International. Caspian's dedication to helping others is a true testament to his character and will undoubtedly make a positive impact on his community.
(102 words - 2 TPE)

18. Milestones- https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3466191
(Not sure if I did this one correctly, so did one extra above just in case! 2 TPE)