Create Account

Hindsight is 20/20

Also the Firing of Pat Quinn

Probably the Ray Allen trade tbh

Brett Hull for Ramage and Wamsley

Best trade ever, other than Demitra for Christo Olsson :lol:

Worst trade is Momesso, Cliff Ronning, Robert Dirk and Geoff Courtnall for Garth Butcher and Dan Quinn of Vancouver, ruined the Blues chemistry while they were one of the best teams that year (1990-91 season)

Any habs fan who believes the Gomez trade was the worst in history.. is wrong. It isn't even the worst in our own history.

Patrick Roy and Mike Keane

for

Jocelyn Thibault, Martin Ručínský, and Andrei Kovalenko.

Lets compare.

Thibault - Pretty much traded for Jeff Hackett a few years later.
Rucinsky - 4 good 20+ goal season. Traded for Audette.
Kovalenko - Scored 30... the next season in Edmonton

Keane - Solid depth/character guy... won two cups (Colorado and Dallas)
Patrick Freak'in Roy - A couple cups, 5 time allstar, a jennings trophy, and a conn smythe. ALL AFTER THE TRADE.

Gomez trade.

Higgins - Useless since he left Montreal (except last year in Vancouver)
Janik - Really a career AHL'r
McDonagh - Very solid top 4 guy.
Valentenko - a Nobody

for

Pyatt - Solid depth guy, lost via fa.
Gomez - In first season out scored his last in NY.. then collapsed like almost no player in history.
Busto - a Nobody

Roy Trade was AWFUL!

[Image: livius.gif]

When that happened, The Roy trade I mean. How old were you?

[Image: CamNosreh.png]

Snappy, the Gomez trade was made because Montreal wanted to make it, the Roy trade, their hands were tied by Roy and got what they could.

They really aren't comparable

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

Quote:Originally posted by JayTee@Sep 11 2012, 01:07 AM
Snappy, the Gomez trade was made because Montreal wanted to make it, the Roy trade, their hands were tied by Roy and got what they could.

They really aren't comparable

Yeahthat

[Image: 57879_s.gif]
[Image: 37742_s.gif]
[Image: jov7Yk9.png]

"“HA HA! THIS GAME WILL NEVER END! I POSSESS THE SOUL OF EVERY GOALIE ON TEAM B!! CREW 4 LIFE!! SIGN WITH EDMONTON FOR THE CUP!!!” cackled Belial as he placed a Fedora on his head."
SMJHL Commisioner S17-S26
Calgary Dragons GM S14-S23

Flames tradet Phaneuf for nothing Angry

[Image: image.png][Image: image.png][Image: image.png][Image: image.png][Image: image.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Flames1848@Sep 11 2012, 02:47 AM
Flames tradet Phaneuf for nothing  Angry
Best Burke trade ever.

Trading Gretzky. Stupid Pocklington. Going broke and decided he could get rich quick off the best player ever..After all the hate he got says he would do it again.

Heres a horrible one.

Have you ever wondered how to make a top 4 defenseman capable of 45+ point seasons disappear and actually turn into nothing? Well the Oilers did that!

Back in 07 the Oilers acquired Joni Pitkanen a 23 year old who had already had two seasons of 40 + points in the NHL as a 21 and 22 year old. In his first and only season with the copper and blue Joni did not show what everyone was thinking he would show offensively when the Oil acquired him from the Flyers. Expected to come in and quarterback are power play with recently acquired star Dman Sheldon Souray he only put up 26 points in 67 games. While Souray was mostly injured all season Pitkanen was still expected to be able to quarterpack the powerplay even without a lethal shot beside him. He did not. So the Oilers decided that Offseason that things were not going to work out. So they traded young Joni to the Carolina Hurricanes for veteran power forward Erik Cole. Now Erik did not have the best year with the Oil either so they decided to part ways with him at the trade deadline. They traded Cole and a 5th rounder back to the Hurricanes for Patrick O'Sullivan a player one year removed from a 50 point season. Everyone thought Patrick could have a great year returning to 50 point pace and dominating the league as the great Don Cherry once said he would. Well Patrick also did not have a great season at least not the type the Oil were hoping for out of him. The Oilers then went into the off-season rethinking everything and decided to rebuild. Patty didn't look like he was going to be part of the picture and would of probably been bought out, but the Oilers found a trading partner in Phoenix who traded the Oil they to were planning on buying out in Jim Vandermeer (Patrick O'Sullivan was eventually bought out by the Coyotes). With Vandermeer you knew what you got.. You did not get a top 2 Dman, a top six power forward, a young player with potential. No you got a number 5 Defenceman if hes lucky on a team with a already crappy Defence. However Jim Vandermeer did perform well and decided the following offseason to leave for San Jose well earning a nice pay check of 1 million dollars.

Ok to sum things up.

The Oilers worked there way down from a Top 2 Defenceman to a Top Six Power Forward to a NHL player with some potential to a bottom pairing Defenceman to nothing. NOTHING they ended up with absolutely nothing.

^Sorry if that was to long for people. I didnt include some stuff because I thought I would make it to long. Guess I did accidentally..

Also wished we had resigned Glencross.. I knew he was good the minute I first saw him play for us. To bad management didn't.

The trade to acquire Pronger and trade him were both solid trades.

Trading Stoll and Greene is still one of the most idiotic things we have done in my opinion. (I hope I am proved wrong when Whitney hopefully returns to shape)

Your going to like this one.

Trading are 17th overall pick to NJ for 22 overall and a 2nd rounder. In trading that pick the Oilers passed on Parise, Getzlaf, Burns, Kesler, Richards, Perry. In drafting Marc Antoine Pouliot the Oil passed on Kesler, Richards and Perry a second time. (all players drafted in first round) With the second round pick we acquired from NJ we took Jean Francois Jacques who we all know turned out to be a absolute stud.

I think thats mostly it.OH WAIT for people saying that the Oilers getting 3 first overalls picks is unfair.... DOES THIS SEEM FAIR

Drafting Jesse Niinimaki, Alexei Mikhnov, Jani Rita, Michael Henrich, Michel Riesen, Steve Kelly (taken over Shane Doan who said pre draft he hopes we take him), Jason Bosignore, Joe Hulbig, Scott Alison.

I think are team in the future is built from all the missed opportunities we had to have good teams in the past. Its just Hockey Gods finally letting us have a taste of something good for the first time in a long time.

Lol all that look longer then I expected. Hopefully someone takes the time to read it xD.

[Image: 57879_s.gif]
[Image: 37742_s.gif]
[Image: jov7Yk9.png]

"“HA HA! THIS GAME WILL NEVER END! I POSSESS THE SOUL OF EVERY GOALIE ON TEAM B!! CREW 4 LIFE!! SIGN WITH EDMONTON FOR THE CUP!!!” cackled Belial as he placed a Fedora on his head."
SMJHL Commisioner S17-S26
Calgary Dragons GM S14-S23

Quote:Originally posted by Lickin'HerWetWet@Sep 11 2012, 12:09 AM
Thornton trade AINEC
not the fact that we traded him, but the pieces we got for him

Opened up space for both Chara and Savard.

Though I would have preferred Chara and Thornton over Chara and Savard.

Makes no sense trading a franchise corner-stone for what we got (Stuart, Primeau, and... someone we eventually traded for Kobasew right?)

Tuuka Rask for Andrew Raycroft :(

Or letting Sundin walk could be worse

[Image: ArmiaJr.png]

So i am probably going to be the only one that does this but i am not going to talk about my hockey team, mainly because i think Dave Tallon is doing a great job, but also because i am a Marlins fan and i am fucking pissed with the stupid front office.

Let's see, Hanley Ramirez and Randy Choate to LA Dodgers for Nathan Eovaldi and some no name minor leaguer, here the Marlins give up Hanley a previous NL batting champion, and the only reliever the team had this season that was actually pitching well to LA for 2 minor league players, Eovaldi is supposed to be good, but as his numbers so far show, he is nothing special and chances are the other guy never makes the majors, it was all a money dump, money which will most likely not be used to sign anyone because no respectable FA will ever sign here as long as the team's management and owner are the same.

That's just one move out of many made this season that only scream we don't care about making this team good we just want more money, it was heart breaking to go to the stadium last week and to see it almost completely empty.

Fuck Jeffrey Loria and his midget stepson...

Quote:Originally posted by Lickin'HerWetWet@Sep 11 2012, 05:13 AM

yea letting Rolston, Knuble, Gonchar, Nylander, etc go after the lockout
and signing Zhamnov and Leetch was pretty bad too

then the thornton trade kinda compounded the retardedness
this post confused me. I always though secord was a leafs fan not a bruins fan. and even if I'm wrong there, the Bruins have won a cup between the lockouts and become one of the top teams. How can the whole time period suck?

Quote:Originally posted by Checkmate@Sep 11 2012, 11:25 AM

this post confused me. I always though secord was a leafs fan not a bruins fan. and even if I'm wrong there, the Bruins have won a cup between the lockouts and become one of the top teams. How can the whole time period suck?

wat that's Alex