Create Account

Hindsight is 20/20

Its easy as a fan to cheer for a smart move that your team makes. But alas, smart moves are not always made. We sometimes analyze why, we sometimes try to make sense and sometimes we wonder what drugs the management are on.

I ask to put your support and possible homerism aside and criticize your team when you answer my question of, of all the stupid things your team has done while you have been a fan, what was the worst.

And remember, no fighting.

[Image: CamNosreh.png]

Ill start with the trade of McDonagh to the Rangers for Gomez.

Not only was this move retarded due to the ridiculously large amount of money for incredibly low production, they traded a two way monster who not only puts up a decent amount of points for a young defensemen, he was among the leagues top shot blockers and hits.

Montreal is left with a crap player who is paid money in the realm of Stamkos and Chara and produces a season what they do a week.

Meanwhile, New York got a vital cog in their success and rid of a seemingly untradable contract.

So many things to do differently in my life, nevermind hockey...

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

The gomez trade will go down as the worst in history imo

Thornton trade AINEC
not the fact that we traded him, but the pieces we got for him

Letting Saku go...broke my heart that day.

Pretty well everything from the ast lockout to the present(coming) lockout

Quote:Originally posted by Secord@Sep 10 2012, 11:11 PM
Pretty well everything from the ast lockout to the present(coming) lockout
yea letting Rolston, Knuble, Gonchar, Nylander, etc go after the lockout
and signing Zhamnov and Leetch was pretty bad too

then the thornton trade kinda compounded the retardedness

Quote:Originally posted by JmanPens19@Sep 10 2012, 10:55 PM
So many things to do differently in my life, nevermind hockey...

yeah this lol

The Jagr deal has to be the worst for the Pens since I started watching them:

Jagr, Frantisek Kucera
for
Kris Beech, Michal Sivek, Ross Lupaschuk

However, even though I was watching hockey at the time, I was only 6 and therefore didn't really understand trades. The worst one of a later era:

Alexei Kovalev, Janne Laukkanen, Dan LaCouture
for
Rico Fata, Mikael Samuelsson, Joel Bouchard, Richard Lintner

I had to look up the trade again, I remembered Kovy and Laukkanen for Fata, Samuelsson and some other scrubs. Pretty terrible deal on our part.

Kessel Trade... Phil Kessel is a superstar and top end talent but I believe Burke gave far too much I would have been fine with One first round pick (Seguin) and a 2nd (Knight) only but adding Another 1st (Dougie Hamilton) into the mix was horrible.

Getting rid of Peter Bondra. :(

He should have been a lifer in Washington. It sucked to see him in another sweater.

Not matching Stevens' contract offer is up there, but he wanted to leave so not much could be done.

Redden over Chara....ugh

[Image: theziegs.gif]
[Image: buster.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by Buster@Sep 10 2012, 11:34 PM
Redden over Chara....ugh

lol

like D_A said the Jagr trade is probably the biggest. The other one for me is letting Crosby play after it was obvious he was hurt and let him play and extra game.

Other than that the Pens have made a number of good moves

[Image: aOowRDF.png]