Create Account

Suggestion for Simming Pattern

What we need to figure our is ideally how long the season should be and how long it should take.

The length from start to start being two months would not be bad. 45 days for simming, 30 days x 2 sim, trade deadline, 15 days x 1 per day. Rest is offseason and start again.

One game a day would get rivalries going.

[Image: CamNosreh.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Gifter of Bikes@Jun 4 2014, 11:41 PM
This also prevents GMs from being able to adjust their lines for essentially has a season.

^this.

One injury would shit down the simming with no recourse without GM input.

There are some valid arguments for shortening the season, but injuries and lines are a huge hurdle.

I like the idea of speeding up the regular seasons. This is a bit too drastic for the reason above but I'd like to see 2 SHL days simmed and a 3rd day simmed if there is less than 4 games that day.

Former
SHL Head Commissioner S12ish-S27ish
GM Dragons S8 & S9 (Won cups both years)
2x GM Of The Year
5 Time Cup Winner
League MVP

Past Players
[Image: HOF2.png] D - Aidan Richan - [Image: HOF2.png] (S5 11th Overall) Dragons
[Image: HOF2.png] C - Chico Salmon - [Image: HOF2.png] (S17 1st overall)  Renegades

Current Player
D - Chico Smeb (S46)

SMJHL - Drafted 65th Overall by Raptors
SHL - Drafted 23rd Overall by Dragons

i don't get why regression has to be pushed back if a season is shorter. everyone is pretty much affected by this equally. Players will retire earlier, new players will have a chance to catch up. Keep in mind that back in the old days, regression was 5 seasons, not 10.

If one season is 2 months, that is roughly 60 TPE
If it's cut 1 month, that is roughly 30 TPE, which is a loss of 50% of training for each player.

Though that is only around 10% TPE of total TPE earned per season including Individual TC,Uncapped PT, capped PT, twitter, etc. That's not that much to effect anything significantly.

Hell we had 2 months off seasons before and no one complained about regression being pushed back /forward

Discord are for plebs

I treat tpe like crack, so if we end up reducing available tpe someone will get stabbed with a crudely fashioned shank.

Yeah it doesn't sound like a bad idea at first, but I think it wouldn't work because of the points brought up in here.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

Quote:Originally posted by xDParK@Jun 5 2014, 04:59 AM
I like the idea of speeding up the regular seasons. This is a bit too drastic for the reason above but I'd like to see 2 SHL days simmed and a 3rd day simmed if there is less than 4 games that day.
^This is how fever did it a couple seasons ago and I think it was a decent speed

Former
2x GM Of The Year
5 Time Cup Winner
League MVP

Past Players
[Image: HOF2.png] D - Aidan Richan - [Image: HOF2.png] (S5 11th Overall) Dragons
[Image: HOF2.png] C - Chico Salmon - [Image: HOF2.png] (S17 1st overall)  Renegades

Current Player
D - Chico Smeb (S46)

A standard adhered to length of time per season we should agree on then figure out simming schedule.

How about...

Monday to Friday - 2 sim a day
Sat and Sunday - 4 (two early/two late night)

Quote:Originally posted by xDParK@Jun 5 2014, 05:26 AM

^This is how fever did it a couple seasons ago and I think it was a decent speed
yep i did it like that.

[Image: fever95.gif]
[Image: LpkqUbe.gif]

PREVIOUS PLAYER STATISTICS

Quote:Originally posted by FOG (Mac)@Jun 5 2014, 07:44 AM
A standard adhered to length of time per season we should agree on then figure out simming schedule.

How about...

Monday to Friday - 2 sim a day
Sat and Sunday - 4 (two early/two late night)
a simmer isn't going to want to open up the sim and do everything twice a day.

[Image: fever95.gif]
[Image: LpkqUbe.gif]

PREVIOUS PLAYER STATISTICS

Quote:Originally posted by fever95@Jun 5 2014, 11:25 AM

a simmer isn't going to want to open up the sim and do everything twice a day.

The man speaks the truth. Listen to him.

Two simmers?

Quote:Originally posted by FOG (Mac)@Jun 5 2014, 06:13 PM
Two simmers?
It would get annoying always having to send the file back and forth Tongue

Former
2x GM Of The Year
5 Time Cup Winner
League MVP

Past Players

Current Player
D - Chico Smeb (S46)

What bout

Mon-Thursday: 2 SHL days per 1 real day
Friday - Sunday: 4 SHL days per 1 real day

Smile

Akashi SixNine Jr. Updates

Quote:Originally posted by xDParK@Jun 5 2014, 06:36 PM

It would get annoying always having to send the file back and forth Tongue

Nah, I mean like a weekday and a weekend simmer.